• Published 3rd Apr 2017
  • 9,631 Views, 389 Comments

SunLight Sliders - Amber Spark



Due to a minor calibration error, Sunset and Twilight find themselves lost in the vast possibilities of the multiverse. Now, they search for a way home… and find something neither expected in one another.

  • ...
23
 389
 9,631

Chapter 9 - Sunsette

Sunset glanced over to her purple friend, her body frozen as she processed the information that was given to her. She laughed nervously, while she frantically waved her hand is dismissal. “There must be some sort of mistake! I’m not that kind of person—”

Baffled, Trixie narrowed her eyes and glared at Twilight.

“Are you sure about that, Sparkle? Trixie does not think so,” asked Trixie.

“Yes!”

Amidst the crowd of students, a few of them laughed hysterically. Trixie shook her head abruptly and reached out for Pinkie Pie.

"Didn’t you remember punching poor Diane Pie here, yesterday?" She slowly pulled Pinkie’s right sleeve, revealing a massive bruise that covered most of her hand. Pinkie turned away with a sorrowful expression and returned to Rarity’s side.

"B-But I didn’t do that; it must be someone else!" Twilight quickly retorted, staring at Pinkie looking confused. She yelped, and hid behind Rarity’s back.

Again, Trixie shook her head. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, Sparkle. It was obviously you. Purple hair with neon-pink streak on it, broad shoulders, and rather large breasts—"

"Shut up!" cried Twilight. "I’m telling you the truth, I didn’t do it!"

More laughter.

Trixie glanced over her own shoulders and smiled smugly. "You’re gathering quite a crowd, Sparkle. Must be because you’re so funny!" She shoved Twilight against the many lockers that decorated the hallway.

Trixie cracked her knuckles, and beamed a menacing grin at the helpless girl on front of her. "Goodbye, Sparkle—"

She rose her fist into the air, only for it to be stopped by Sunset. Sunset, with all her might, threw Trixie to the ground and puffed slightly. "Don’t ever do that again."

Trixie nodded as fast as she could and dispersed into the crowd.

"What just happened?"

"Why did she do that? Doesn’t Twilight despise Sunset?"

"Why would she even help Twilight after all the harassment and harm she had given to her?"

"Shut up!” Sunset cried angrily, her hands gripping her own hair tightly. The crowd took a step back, confused and frightened.

"J-Just go away, please. Twilight didn’t do anything wrong—I swear!" She pleaded repeatedly until the crowd eventually faded away into obscurity in the minds of both Twilight and Sunset.

Twilight crawled over to Sunset and hugged her tightly. She pulled away from the hug and stared at Sunset’s watery eyes.

“Are you alright?” she asked softly, only to be interrupted by her companion.

Sunset, infuriated, shot a glare at her. “Does it look like I'm alright!?”

Twilight took a step back away from Sunset, hurt from her friend's sudden outburst. Sunset, clearly worried, approached Twilight softly and hugged her. “I-I’m sorry, I didn't mean it—”

“No, no, it's alright,” answered Twilight.

“No, it's not alright, Twilight. The fact that I shouted at you like that is not alright,” Sunset stated. “It's just that all this reminds me too much about my time as the school's bully. I hate it, and I hate seeing other people being bullied. I wish I could've helped you earlier, but my body says otherwise; I just froze there, watching my friend being accused of something she didn't do.”

Tears began to form up in Sunset's eyes as she looked away from Twilight, disappointed at herself. Slowly, Twilight embraced Sunset and closed her eyes, content.

“Hush, Sunset,” she whispered. “Everything is going to be okay. They're gone now, aren't they?”

Sunset nodded. “Yeah, I guess so—”

“Oi, who the hell are you!?”

Slowly, Sunset turned around and notices the looming figure that was walking towards them. Twilight Sparkle; but not the one she knew. She approached the pair and smiled smugly.

“Well, well, well, Sunset,” the alternate Twilight sneered. “You finally made a new friend?”

She looked over the person that was hugging her victim. However, something felt off about her, as if she knew her or something.

Twilight softly whispered towards Sunset's ear. “I am going to activate the Talisman in five seconds. Say something witty or something—”

Before she could finish her sentence, Sunset shifted towards the right, revealing other Twilight the identity of this newcomer: herself.

“What the fu—”

“Now!”

And with a flash, both Twilight and Sunset blinked out of existence.