• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 6,862 Views, 37 Comments

Cloud Snuggles - The Abyss



Twilight experiences the wonders of snuggling on a cloud for the first time with her marefriend, Rainbow.

  • ...
20
 37
 6,862

The Story

Rainbow landed on Twilight’s bedroom balcony, grateful for the large landing space she had. When the Golden Oaks Library was still around, she had had very little space to land, and often crashed through Twilight’s tiny bedroom window. Thankfully, her bed was right below the window, so most of her landings were soft, save for smashing through the glass.

It was a wonder how she managed to not get cut.

Folding her wings, she smiled as she trotted forward, pushing open her marefriend’s bedroom door. It was still pretty early in the morning, and the sun had just risen. Its warmth soothed her muscles, and filled her with a giddy desire to simply soar through the sky for the rest of the day. Sticking her head inside the dark room, Rainbow crept up to Twilight’s bed and crouched, her muzzle just barely sticking over the top of the mattress. Twilight slept away, her chest rising and falling with each breath she took. With a sly grin, Rainbow flapped her wings once and landed on the bed. “Hey, cutie...” she murmured as she nuzzled Twilight’s cute, soft cheek.

Twilight muttered something inaudible and was about to crack her eyes open when Rainbow settled down on top of her. “Oomph!” Her eyes went wide in surprise as she looked up, only to see nothing but the rainbow mane of her marefriend. “Oh, hey Dashie...” she whispered with a small smile, still feeling very sleepy due to her staying up so late for the past few days. “If you wanted to snuggle, you should have just stayed over last night...”

“Yeah, well, I had promised Scootaloo that we could have a sleepover at my place last night, and I hate breaking my promises,” Rainbow said, nuzzling Twilight’s cheek. “As much as I would have loved to spend the night with you, Scootaloo and I haven’t had time in weeks to hang out, so... yeah.” She pushed herself up off of Twilight and yanked the covers off of her. “Now come on, I wanna get some snuggling in before I have to go to work!”

“Heh, what’s stopping you?” Twilight asked as she rolled over onto her back. She pushed herself up with a hoof, then unfurled a wing for Rainbow to lay underneath.

“You being in bed, that’s what!” Rainbow said as she pulled Twilight up.

“Wait, huh? Twilight flicked her tail once in confusion as she cocked her head to the side.

“I know you’ve never slept on a cloud before, so come on, get up before you’re totally wide awake! You’re gonna love it!” Rainbow wrapped a hoof around Twilight’s and gently pulled her from the bed. “I saw a nearby cloud on my way in, so we won’t have to fly that far.”

“Oh! Yeah, I guess I haven’t,” Twilight said with a chuckle. “And yeah, I probably am.” She followed Rainbow out onto the balcony and yawned, a warm breeze flowing through her mane. Spreading her wings wide, she closed her eyes and simply enjoyed the sensation of each of her feathers rustling in the wind.

“You ready?” Rainbow Dash pointed up at a cloud just past the outskirts of Ponyville. “We’re going to that cloud, okay? I made sure it was nice and fluffy before I stopped by, and... I’m not gonna lie, but it’s softer than your bed.”

“What?” Twilight chuckled at that. “There’s no way...”

“Guess you’ll find out in a few seconds!” Rainbow pushed Twilight to the edge of the balcony with her muzzle and whipped her wings open wide. “See ya there!” she said right before she rocketed into the sky.

“Great... instead of sleeping in my own bed, I get to snuggle with a sweaty pegasus...” Twilight rolled her eyes with a smirk. “At least she’s cute.” She flapped her wings, taking to the skies above Ponyville. She looped around the tip of her castle a couple of times, then flew to the cloud. Still feeling rather sleepy, she alighted on the cloud, tentatively testing it to make sure that she would be able to stand on it before she folded her wings. Her hooves sunk into the cloud a few inches, then stopped. Rainbow flew past her, then banked around and landed next to her, flopping down on the cloud.

Panting softly, Rainbow glanced up at Twilight for a moment, and as she felt her cheeks warm, she looked away, biting her cheek. “So... You know...”

Twilight chuckled. “Yeah, I do.” She lay down next to Rainbow and poked the cloud with a hoof. “Gosh, you were right... it’s super soft!” Giggling like a schoolfilly, she rolled over, back and forth until she rolled back up against Rainbow’s side, laying on her back. With her forelegs curled up against her chest, Twilight looked up into Rainbow’s eyes and blushed, embarrassed of how she’d just acted. “Heh, sorry...” she murmured, biting her bottom lip as Rainbow leaned in.

“Nothing to be sorry about, Twi... Celestia knows I love it when you act cute,” she whispered, stealing a kiss from Twilight’s lips.

Twilight rolled onto her stomach. “Well, thankfully, nopony saw that. I know the rest of our friends wouldn’t let me live it down if they saw me acting like a foal!” Twilight’s ears flicked down as she laid her head against Rainbow’s.

“What, I can’t tell them?” Rainbow asked, stifling her giggles with a hoof.

Twilight’s eyes went wide as she gasped. “You wouldn’t dare!” she said in mock shock.

“Nah, I wouldn’t... I’m not that mean!” Letting their conversation die out, she unfurled a wing and draped it over Twilight’s back. A few birds flew by, bickering amongst themselves as one held a thick, juicy earthworm in its beak. She used the tips of her feathers to tug Twilight closer, then took a deep breath. Rainbow let her eyes drift shut, her mane flowing in the light breeze. “It sure is comfy up here...” she whispered.

“And beautiful, too,” Twilight whispered back. “But mainly because you’re up here with me...”

Rainbow eyes whipped open as she tensed up, then relaxed. “Aww, don’t get all mushy with me, Twi...” She rubbed the back of her neck with a hoof. “You know how it makes me feel.”

“Yeah, adorable,” Twilight nuzzled Rainbow’s cheek, planted a kiss on it, then laid her head down on her marefriend’s forelegs. She pressed her head up against Rainbow’s breast, right where her forelegs met her body.

“Ya sure you don’t wanna lay your head on the cloud?” Rainbow asked, cocking her head to the side. “I’m pretty darn sure it’s softer than my legs.” She used a free hoof to fluff up a part of the cloud into a makeshift pillow.

“Yeah, I’m sure... I can always try that in the future,” Twilight whispered back as she let her eyes drift shut. “Besides, your breast is really warm. I never was a fan of cold pillows.”

“Fair enough.” Rainbow glanced around, looking for anypony else in the air, and when she saw nopony, she flicked her tail around Twilight’s flank and wrapped a hoof around one of her forelegs. “You know, I don’t have work for a few more hours, so we can stay here until then if you want...” she whispered.

“I could stay here all day...” Twilight bit back a giggle as she felt Rainbow’s feathers slightly tickle her sensitive belly. She shifted a bit closer to her, then rolled onto her right side, letting her forelegs curl up once more.

“Yeah, same,” Rainbow said. She laid her head down on top of Twilight’s and hummed in content, for this was the moment that she’d been waiting for since last night. As her eyes slowly drifted shut, she wished that this moment could last forever.


When Rainbow finally awoke, she licked her dry lips and lifted her head from Twilight’s. After she let loose a ferocious yawn, she wiped her eyes with a free hoof and slowly opened them, and instead of seeing the sun high in the sky, all she saw were twinkling stars.

Her ears flicked back as her eyes went wide. “I... slept through the whole day?” She gulped rather loudly, wondering how much backlash she was surely going to get at work the next day. When she heard Twilight murmur something in her sleep, she looked down. She was smiling softly, her left ear flicking back and forth as she dreamt away. After failing to hold back a smile of her own, and as butterflies flitted about in her stomach, Rainbow leaned in and laid the lightest of kisses upon her forehead, then laid her head back down.

As sleep threatened to take her once more to the land of dreams, Rainbow let her eyes drift shut as she murmured, “Worth it...”

Comments ( 37 )

Too cute for words.:heart:

7842803
7842802 Thanks guys! It's been a while since I've written my two fav pones snugglin, and when I saw this pic, I just knew I had to write something for it.:twilightblush:

Dawwww:pinkiesad2: loved it.

that story was amazing:heart:rainbowkiss::twilightsheepish:

This was just too cute and too adorable. I would love to see this as a My Little Pony episode. I loved every bit of this you are by far one of the very best writers on this site. Keep up the really good work and always reach for the stars or cupcakes which ever you prefer. Any how this was a very well written and beautiful story with a nice ending too. :twilightsmile:

This was ridiculously adorable! Yay for cute TwiDash snuggles!:yay:

Worth it. Totally worth it.

So cute an fuzzy!

Not bad. Feels were abundant and I may have done some sort of "Daaaaaw" sound. Maybe.

Also notice me sempai.

HNG. Hnnng. Hhhhhnnnnnnnggggggg!!!!

That was an adorable little story. Thanks for writing it.

That. Was. Adorable!!! :rainbowkiss:

Cute. Adorkable. Too nhg for my heart to take! :twilightoops::heart::rainbowkiss:

This was cute and enjoyable.
Good job. :twilightsmile:

"i may lose my job but hey, i'm gay"

lol jk

Anyways, pretty romantic and cute. 10/10.

You know, I'm never sure if Rainbow/Twilight or Chryssi/Twilight is my favorite Twi ship.
It really depends on the writing. But this just plain old adorable. Thanks.

Now quick, while everyone's distracted. Just gotta.. get my heart... beating again. Hrg.

I don't ship TwilightDash, but I actually still liked the story.

7842820
I need to use this pic for my profile. Please? :pinkiesad2:

7861840 Sure? Not my pic lol.

7861961 do you, by any chance know who made that pic? I think I recognize the style.

7870069 The source is on the pic. Just move your mouse onto the cover art and click the source button.

I love you twidash ships there so cute:twilightsheepish:

Awww! That was unbelievably cute! I would be lying if I said I didn't love this fic, no matter how short and simple it was~! :twilightsmile:

i'd say something was wrong with you, if you slept from just after sunrise to well after sunset cute story tho

Cute and fluffy.

Aaaaaaawwwwww! They're so cute together! :rainbowkiss:

Totally worth it.

Well I may be at flutterdash shipper at heart a bit if twidash never hurts especially when the story kills you from all the dawing you do.

This stuff is weapons-grade levels of adorable!

If cuteness could kill, the entire universe would have been dead.

11014843
death by cute, everyone is wrong about how it will end.

As sleep threatened to take her once more to the land of dreams, Rainbow let her eyes drift shut as she murmured, “Worth it...”

Twilight is probably going to have a panic attack when she realizes how long she slept so Rainbow better enjoy it while she can.
Cute story :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment