• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 1,265 Views, 139 Comments

Pinkie Explores the Dark - David Silver



You are Pinkie Pie. You are about seven to twelve summers old, you never really kept super strict count of that. You spot a creepy house just outside your farmland and decide to have a little peek. -- Readers make the shots, this is a CYOA type story

  • ...
5
 139
 1,265

4 - Mane Solution

You set your rump on the floor and reach up into the frizzy mess that is your mane. It's especially messy at the moment, what with all the soot and stuff smudged all over and into it. You feel some toys and unfilled balloons in there. Maybe you could play with the colt with those?

You shake your head and reach deeper, rooting around until you find something way more useful!

You pull out your party popgun! One day you hope to have a full-sized cannon, 'cause boy would that be awesome! But mom said you couldn't have anything that big, loud, and dangerous. It'd have to wait until you were a grown mare. For now, you have this popgun. It was like a little watergun, but it shoots out streamers and things to make a place festive in a hurry!

Taking stock of your inventory, you find you have: A length of twine, a party popgun, some deflated balloons, and assorted toys.

You feel ready!

"What is that?" It was the filly. You feel her poke at your popgun even though you can't see her. "Is that a weapon?"

A weapon?! "Nuh uh. It's to make a place all cheerful and ready for a party."

"Party?" The voice seems to be moving around you. Ghosts could do that, right? You hear no hooves on the floor, just her circling voice. "I've never had one of those."

You feel your heart strain. Poor thing. You only recently learned the wonders of a good party. Imagining a life back in the dull days before them... "I'm so sorry! We need to have a big party, you and your brother. Maybe even your big meanie mom if we can make her stop being a big mean--"

"No!" She shoves you from the left and knocks you right on the floor. "Don't bring her here. I don't want to see her."

You quickly bounce back to your hooves. "It can--"

The furnace flares to life, flames licking out of its still open grill. "She burned me to death! Did you forget that little part?"

You still can't see the filly, ghost or not. "Don't you want--"

"I want her to curl up and die."

Oh... That doesn't sound like much fun at all. "What if she said sorry?"

The voice grows dark and growly. "She can come say so to my face..." The grill on the front swings open as flames rush out. "I'll accept then, not before." The flames die down, becoming dark again. "Look, filly, you seem alright. Drop it before she does something just as bad to you."

You don't want that, no. But you also don't want a sad ghost filly. "Isn't there something I can do?"

"You're too..." The voice trails off. "Please, just get out of here. I don't want you to join us. Thank you, now go."

There doesn't seem to be any getting through to her, yet. Later! "Alright if I look around?"

"Yeah, sure. Just stay away from the furnace." The grill on the furnace closes shut and clicks into place.

That leaves you free to wander the basement. Maybe there's another lantern? No such luck. "Excuse me?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you make a little light?"

She sighs, but the fires do roar to a gentle life, giving some light across the room.

Able to see, you begin to root around in the boxes and crates. Oh! More toys?! You didn't expect those.

"I remember those," whispers the filly in a tiny voice. "Bring me the doll."

There are a few dolls in there, but when you held up the right one, she gasps. You look it over. It's like a pony with a big goofy smile, googly eyes, and it has a magic wand attached to its right forehoof. It's adorably silly. With a smile, you bounce over to the furnace and hold it up. "Here!"

The filly appears, fading in from nothing as she reaches for the doll. You see no reason to keep it from her and she is soon holding it tight and close. "I thought mother would throw you away forever..." Whatever power allows a ghost to touch things runs out and the doll thumps to the ground as it falls right through the filly. She stares at it as if it has betrayed her.

You pick up the doll gently. "Well she didn't, so that's good right? You have your friend back."

She gives a queer kind of smile. "It needs to die to be with me. Can you put it in the furnace?"

You're not sure if you should or not. "It's your friend. Do you want them to be hurt like you were?"

That makes her flinch. "N-no! I'm not like her... Take it... Take it and... love it, please. Love it like I would."

She fades away.

You tuck the doll into your hair, adding to your inventory.

Author's Note:

https://www.poll-maker.com/results946904x57BD05d5-40#tab-2

You're quite certain, you need to check your hair for clues. After that? Well, you're undecided. Check out the basement, or go looking for that colt? Hmmm. Who's to say you can't do both?


Inventory: Filly's Doll, Twine, Assorted Toys and unfilled Balloons, party popgun

You still want to cheer up her... brother? Shall we get on that?

1) Yes
2) Wait, not done exploring this basement.
3) Maybe we should put that doll in the furnace.