• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 1,266 Views, 139 Comments

Pinkie Explores the Dark - David Silver



You are Pinkie Pie. You are about seven to twelve summers old, you never really kept super strict count of that. You spot a creepy house just outside your farmland and decide to have a little peek. -- Readers make the shots, this is a CYOA type story

  • ...
5
 139
 1,266

1 - Going Where You Shouldn't

You are Pinkie Pie. Yes, I know you might not be Pinkie Pie, but let's pretend, or this story can't happen. Pinkie needs your help, so let's put that aside and focus on her. I mean you. You are her. Get it?

You've worked through the day, moving rocks where they'll grow best. Not that rocks grow, not like trees, but they do. Your family understands this and you know just where to put each little pebble to make things work. Worn, but in a good way, you wipe off your brow and have a look around.

Hey, what's that? You see something new. It's an old house. That's not especially new, old houses happen. But this one is close to your farmland, and you're positive it wasn't there before, so what gives?

You give a shout out for the rest of your family, but no one replies. They must be doing chores or something else boring. Ever since you learned the meaning of the word 'fun', you've lost some of your old patience for not-fun. What else could you do?! Time to explore! That house wasn't going to explain itself, or is it?

You pronk up to the big iron gate that surround it and reach out, tapping at it with a hoof. The left side of the actual gate just falls right inwards, barely hanging on to its hinge as it makes a loud squealing noise at the movement.

"Hello?" you call out. If someone's home, you don't want to be rude about it. Still, who would just go and move in between morning and evening like that?! Weird!

Nopony replied.

Now, if you were most anypony else, you might turn around and go home, and maybe you should. But that would be a very short story so we'll just assume we don't make that decision, er, I mean you. You don't make that decision. Please? Okay!

So you creep up on your little hoofsies to have a better look at this big scary house. The steps are made of stone, and that's actually kind of comforting. Stone you know. Sadly, a lot of the house is made of severe-looking wood too. Wood and stone and iron. Lots of iron, like a completely unreasonable amount of pointy iron bits that you would never put in any house you were making. Not that you are making a house.

Where were we? Oh yeah, you're in front of that house. The sun's going down and it's getting dark. You reconsider a moment just to be startled by a bang. The gate is closed and looks all secure and locked despite how it looked before.

You run back there and give it a good shaking, but it's just as solid as it looks. You're stuck. Well, darn. Guess you'll have to find another way out...

You do a slow circle and see there's the front door, and what looks like creepy stairs going down to a basement. That choice is easy. You go bouncing up to the front door and try giving it a loud clop-clop. "Anypony home?!" you shout at the top of your little lungs.

No answer.

You reach up and try the knob, and it turns, lucky you! The door swings inwards with a tortured groan as if it hadn't been opened in like a thousand jillion years. You cringe a little, then poke your head in to have a look around. It's dark, but you see some light coming from upstairs down a hallway. You can't see what it might be from here though.

You do see a few dusty chairs, a fireplace with ashes still in it, and some portraits. The portraits hang on the walls and capture the images of very stately ponies. They're earth ponies, like you! They look very old-fashioned and, worst of all, their eyes seem fixed on you.

You try dancing a little to the left, and they follow. You try to the right, and still there they are, staring.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie!" You chirp. If the paintings are alive, maybe they want to be friends?

Suddenly they all close their eyes.

"Oh... okay..."

Your head hangs a little, stung by that rejection, at least until something slaps up against it.

You start with surprise and hop back as a picture frame falls to the floor. Suddenly another frame comes loose of its picture and hurls itself at you and you leap to the side to avoid it. Is this a game, or were you being attacked? Whatever it is, you don't much like it so you start dancing and bobbing around the frames that shatter with loud crashes each time one hit the floor or a wall.

You hear a metal thunk and see one knocked over a lamp. That looks useful! You grab it in your mouth and scurry away from those angry pictures into the kitchen. At least, it looked like a kitchen? There is a big counter, and you're pretty sure that there's a stove and oven. Some pans hang quietly, rusted and old.

Nothing is moving, and that is good. You set down that lamp you got and pull out some flint. You have a lot of assorted rocks, alright? That shouldn't be so surprising. You smack it good until a spark jumps to the wick inside the lantern and it begins to glow softly, letting you see your surroundings more clearly.

You pick up the lantern in your mouth again and start wandering that kitchen. "Hello?" You call out, not even expecting an answer, but it makes you feel better to break the silence. The frames aren't being tossed around. Besides the noises you're making, you are alone in that dark house.

Author's Note:

Hello and welcome to the story! Let's make a choice! You can vote for as many or few as you like, influencing little Pinkie's thoughts.

Don't feel bad. If you didn't notice, she's in on this. In fact, she's the one writing. She insists.:pinkiehappy:

Choices:
1) Get upstairs to that light
2) Thoroughly search this kitchen
3) Maybe we can slip out the back?
4) Scream until somepony comes
5) Giggle at every ghostie
6) You can see a door heading down to the basement, maybe check that out?
7) Chastise those mean paintings
8) Let's explore the outside of the house more.

To vote, just comment your vote(s)!

Support me on atreon!

Join my discord to chat!