• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 14,461 Views, 609 Comments

The Truth - Jet Cannon



Apple Bloom learns a shocking secret about her family, and herself, hidden years ago by tragedy...

  • ...
41
 609
 14,461

17

Two weeks and three days later…

Applejack awoke slowly, neither willing nor able to rise as quickly as she normally did of a morning. She was perfectly happy where she was, as she was, and the world would be granted her wakeful thoughts only when she was ready to give them. A yawn stretched her mouth open for a good five seconds, and when she was finished she snuggled back against whatever big, warm thing was behind her. Her eyelids drooped again as some events from the previous day began fluttering through her mind.

Her parents had made sure to organise a “good ol’Apple family birthday bash” to mark the momentous occasion of her sixteenth, with plenty of friends, family, and of course apple treats, to help her celebrate. Although, despite being held in Sweet Apple Acres’ barn, it turned out that a new filly in town had been largely responsible for the grander-than-usual merrymaking; Applejack had a funny feeling that this “Pinkie Pie” was likely to become a regular fixture in all their lives. Joining her newfound pink friend were several other fillies from Ponyville, including Rarity and Fluttershy, as well as close family like her cousin Braeburn, and together with Mac they all had a great time together.

Eventually, after several hours of singing, dancing, party games and other celebratory nonsense, everypony had begun to leave as it was getting late, and soon enough she and Macintosh were left alone. They had climbed up into the barn loft, where Mac had laid out some camping roll and blankets, under the pretence of watching the stars before calling it a night. The two had snuggled up to one another and had indeed watched the stars for a good while, simply enjoying the embrace of the pony they loved. Then, once passion took hold, the two young lovers kissed a great deal. And then, finally, they had… oh my.

A blush tinged Applejack’s cheeks as the main event, in her opinion, of last night forced its way to the front of her mind once more. Despite everything, she had almost believed that it would never really happen. After she had stopped her teasing and started talking seriously about it, Mac had been more willing to give the prospect some serious consideration, although his apprehension still shone strongly. In all honesty he just hadn’t thought about it beforehand, her age acting as a very large, very firm barrier to such thoughts in his head. That and he was gentlecoltly almost to the point of being old-fashioned.

And so there had been much quiet to-ing and fro-ing, neither wishing to upset the other, whilst their opinions often shifted and changed whenever presented with a conflicting one. Eventually, a sensible compromise had been reached: neither would expect anything of the other that night, they would simply lie together and see how the mood took them. Both Applejack and Big Macintosh were perfectly happy just cuddling, so if nothing further happened then that was absolutely fine with them.

Of course, when things took a turn for the more physical, Applejack wasn’t complaining. She had worried about Mac still being uncomfortable, but it was he who had started things last night, slowly running a hoof down her side until he came to her cutie mark. From there, things had… escalated, and, an adequate amount of time later, the two lovers collapsed to the floor, spent but satisfied. They had nuzzled for a while longer, sharing a tired, sloppy kiss every now and again, before finally Applejack had fallen asleep, snuggled back against Mac’s chest.

Then that meant that the big, warm thing behind her now was Macintosh! Applejack rolled over and nuzzled into his chest, and even though he was still fast asleep, a big foreleg raised up and draped itself over her shoulder, hugging the filly closer to him. An action she didn't mind one bit, as it got her even closer to her big, strong stallion. And what a stallion he was, too! “Big” Mac was right, and she didn’t just mean his height! In fact, just thinking about Big Mac’s “Big Mac” was enough to send shivers down her spine, and she began to drool as she imagined all the fun she could have once he got up again, in both ways!

Whoa, nelly! Where did all that come from? Applejack shook her head violently, effectually dispelling her dirty thoughts, but also whipping around some of the drool by accident.

Should Ah be more worried about havin’ those thoughts in the first place, or about havin’ them in such a cheesy-soundin’ way? she wondered, idly wiping her mouth with the back of a hoof.

Her mind now slightly clearer, though still hazy, she was suddenly aware of an almost uncomfortable warmth spread throughout her haunches. It was an icy fear, however, that swiftly settled in Applejack’s stomach, as she recognised the sensations all too well, and the lustful thoughts that sped through her mind upon glancing at Mac again quickly eliminated any hope of mistake.

"Mac!" she hissed, pulling away and dancing around as if she needed the toilet. But the young stallion was still out for the count, peacefully slumbering away without a care in the world. Unfortunately for him, that simply would not do.

"Mac, wake up!" She thumped him, lightly, in the shoulder, and that finally seemed to do the trick.

"Ugh..." He sat up, rubbing his eyes sleepily before turning to look at his fillyfriend.

"Well good mornin' to you too, AJ," he said just a little grumpily.

"What gives, anyhow? Y'all ain't that desperate for some more, are ya? 'Cos Ah'd prefer a little more tenderness-"

"Land sakes, Mac, don't tempt me right now!" Applejack's eyes were wild, and she looked at Macintosh with a base hunger he had come to recognise over the years, although never before had it been directed towards him. His own eyes widened at the implications.

"Y-you mean yer...?" She nodded, trying her best to not look at him, whilst his brain struggled to wrap itself around what had happened.

"But... y'all ain't meant to be in heat fer another week at least!" Panic began to well up in Mac's chest the more he thought about it: if Applejack had cycled into heat early, and seeing as they hadn't used any protection the night before...

"W-what are we gonna do, Mac?" Dread had by now largely overpowered the other feelings coursing through Applejack’s body, and she had to stop and sit down to keep from feeling dizzy. The feeling only worsened, though, and Mac had to rush to get a bucket before she expelled the contents of her stomach.

He really had to be the strong stallion now, he thought to himself as he supported her. Much as he too was worried about the possible consequences of last night’s shenanigans, he could see that Applejack was working herself into a state as her thoughts ran away with her. Applejack simply wasn’t the type of pony to panic about anything, but by now she had even begun to hyperventilate. She needed him to calm her down, and he had to do it right away.

Once she was done, he passed her a nearby water bottle so that she could rinse her mouth. And then, heat be damned, he pulled her in for a firm hug, stroking her mane with a hoof as she shook against him. He swallowed, trying to think of something reassuring to say, racking his brain for some kind of tangible comfort.

“Listen, AJ,” he began once she was steadier. She looked up with red eyes, tears welling up in their corners.

“Ah… Ah don’t know what’s gonna happen fer sure. Ah mean, there ain’t no guarantee that y’all will get pregnant, it just ain’t as clean cut as all that. But if you do…” She looked away again, only to have his hoof gently cup her cheek and guide her gaze back to his.

“But if you do,” he began again, his voice shaking and with tears threatening to escape his own eyes.

“Ah swear to you, on mah life and mah soul, Ah will look after you, alright? Y’all ain’t gonna go through anything by yerself.” Applejack nodded against his chest, and the two sat still for a time, until she broke the silence.

“Ah know you’ll stay by me, Mac. Thanks for everything. Ah love ya.” The two kissed, a little more hungrily than was really called for, before a blushing Applejack pulled away and excused herself. Now it was her turn to take a cold shower...

Author's Note:

Well, would you look at that? Precisely two months later, and here's another chapter! Gosh...