• Published 3rd Jun 2017
  • 636 Views, 2 Comments

The Last Alicorn - NightmareTRXY32



What if you woke up to find that you were the last of your kind. That everypony you knew just up and vanished one day. Well, Twilight will find that out, and the Question will haunt every corner of her mind.

  • ...
7
 2
 636

A Tea Party of One

With everything that has been happening as of late, Twilight's mind wandered to the last pony she had been with a few years ago. She worried about her. Yea, the pony in question had been displaced because of Starlight's little time travel adventure, for lack of a better word, but she still worried nonetheless. She had ran into her counterpart from that reality and came to the understanding that this was her " wedding day".

The memory was still fresh, " Am i seeing things or are you another me? Oh no no, You're a Changeling aren't you!" a lavender unicorn with a familiar bowl-cut styled mane shouted.

"No! Im not a changeling, I'm from another reality actually. Somepony I'm chasing after tried to alter time and I'm trying to stop them from mucking it up further." The Alicorn said nervously to her younger self.

"Time travel? That spell is locked away in the Canterlot archives," A unicorn named Twilight Sparkle found herself telling this other version that was standing in front of her. That spell was put under lock and key. No pony could break the seal that was placed on it without tripping a number of magical runes and alarms.

"A pony in my timeline named Starlight was able to steal that spell and stop me and my friends from meeting,"Alicorn Twilight spoke to her unicorn self. It was like staring into a mirror at times. She could also tell that this version of herself was much stronger and better honed with her magic then she was back where she was from. This Twilight also seemed, distracted by something.

It was nice seeing a version of herself that was utterly happy and not constantly stressing over the littlest thing. Twilight walked down the hall with her unicorn self until they got to the next area. She found it interesting that in this timeline there was a stain-glass window of her friends and Trixie defeating Discord. So here in this world Trixie took friendship in sooner then she would in her world. It was kind of nicing see that kind of effect. That meant that it was only a matter of time before Trixie would find something worthwhile in their timeline. Her other self took notice of the older Twilight staring at Trixie's mural on the window.

"Im assuming that you know Trixie as well?", she said, with her Alicorn self nodding.

"In my world Trixie tried to get revenge on my friends and i by using the Alicorn amulet. It didnt end well and she ran away before I really had the chance to talk to her." Alicorn Twilight said as her other self rubbed her head.

"That happened here as well, but i was able to convince her that the Amulet was going to corrupt her essence and that if she tried to use its full power it would kill her." The older Twilight took note of those last words and got a solemn look in her eyes again. She hoped that the Trixie of her world was going to be ok then.

"Im just trying to find my fiancee," The unicorn Twilight managed to blurt out. It was like the two had read one another mind or something. "Im supposed to meet Dead at the banquet for my Brother's wedding. Its a shared Ceremony. My Brother, i mean our Brother since your me as well, is marrying Princess Cadence and Im marrying Dead Loyalty. I suppose she might have a different name where your from,", Twilight's young self exposited.

The Alicorn version of Twilight seemed deep in thought before hugging her unicorn self."Oh! Im so happy that I didn't end up single forever!" her words almost echoed through the halls. She put a hoof over her mouth when she realized just how loud she had been. Her other half could only snicker.

"Celestia is going to be presiding over the ceremonies, you should come if you're not too busy chasing that other pony." The older Twilight thought about what her other half had said. On one hoof she'd love to see if Shining looked the same compared to her version. Then again, she wondered how Celestia would feel seeing two Twilight Sparkles. The older mare bit her tongue and decided to escort "herself" to the banquet hall. Maybe she'd be able to inform this version of Princess Celestia of what Starlight had done.

The Two of them entered the room to find everypony enjoying the good food on display. As soon as Celestia spotted the older Twilight, the alicorn motioned for the sun Princess to join her on the balcony that was adjacent to the hallway.

"Just in case your wondering Celestia, I'm not a changeling. In fact, I and another pony were pulled here from another Timeline altogether."Twilight could sense that comforting instinct in this Celestia that she had always felt in hers, but there was something more. This version was more battle-hardened it seemed.

"I know Twi, in fact I've been aware from the start."That was, informal of Celestia to use the same nickname that Rainbow called her. She felt a wing surrounded her and pull her towards the Princess of the Sun. What's more, was the kiss Celestia just softly planted on her cheek.

"Princess," Twilight stammered. Celestia smiled a bit as Twilight started to blush. "So um, about why I'm here, there's a pony from my reality named Starlight Glimmer. She blames me for stopping her plans for " Equality" as she called it. Her idea was to remove another's cutie mark in the misguided thought that it would make them truly happy,", Celestia let her pause for a minute. It seemed like this was taking a toll on her. "She stole a Time spell, 'that' Time spell from the Canterlot Archives and was able to complete it. This is the seventh reality that I've experienced because of her. And all the others were worst then the last!" Twilight nearly started crying into Celestia's chest fur.

"There's something i must show you Twilight." And with that Celestia beckoned her guest to follow her. They left the festivities and ended up traveling down into the Canterlot dungeons. "Im unsure if she's the one you are looking for Twilight, but my guards caught this mare trying to infiltrate the Castle moments after you must have arrived." There seemingly chained to a wall was Starlight Glimmer. She was unconscious, so as a precaution Twilight lit up her horn and used the memory spell to see if this was the one from her reality or not.

As she stepped back, her face turned from one of content to that of anger. And not anger towards Celestia. This was the Starlight Glimmer from her dimension. She turned around in time to see the time portal open up in front of her and the other Celestia.

"I suppose that means your time is up," Celestia chuckled. She released the unconscious Starlight and transferred her to Twilight's custody. Twilight shoved Starlight through the portal before turning back to Celestia.

"I realized that.. I'll never get the chance to test this with the Celestia that i know, " , she paused before craning her neck up and kissing Celestia on the mouth. "You never know Twilight," before being brushed into the Portal by Celestia wing.

As the portal disappeared Celestia stood there for a moment and wept before saying to the night sky," Life is full of chances Twilight Sparkle. I have the feeling you have two mares that love you unconditionally."

After they had finished talking to each other Twilight rushed to find Starlight before her counterpart's perfect day was to be ruined by her rival. Twilight had to make sure that didn't happen. What she didn't count on was that the pony her counterpart was supposed to marry would end up being dropped into her world instead. The Temporal Anomaly would displace this pony, leaving them trapped in Twilight's reality instead. And she'd realize that she had the same feelings for her.

There was a palpable tension in the air right now. Only a select few could sense it and Twilight was one of them. She was flying around her castle at an unusually fast pace right now. Twilight had a lot on her plate right now. She had to fix the Castle bathroom, ensure that Starlight was taking her duties seriously when she was around, and guarantee that her reports were still making their way to Princess Celestia.

There was something else though. Another pony that her mind drifted to. Dead Loyalty. They hadn't spoken for several years now. The princess felt conflicted when her thoughts drifted towards the mare. On one hoof she was in a relationship with Rainbow Dash. But there were other days she felt like reaching out to her. To feel her embrace right now. She knew what had happened in Dead Loyalty's reality because of Starlight's tampering with the timeline.

In a way she had two mares that looked almost identical except for their color schemes, and both shared the same intensity of love for her. Twilight wanted to make sure Dead was alright. There were times where it seemed like Rainbow wasn't exactly ready to have a steady relationship. Twilight liked their dates that they went out on. But it felt like she wasn't interested in pursuing marriage if it came to it.

There was something else that Twilight was feeling right now. Something more profound. It felt like a merging of consciousnesses. Like she and her counterpart had merged bodies at the moment their realities had momentarily connected. She was having a hard time describing it.

It was like at that very moment she was briefly connected to her alternate self, she could feel the full range of emotions her counterpart did. The Happiness she felt when her partner proposed. The night of passion the two shared the night before the Changeling Invasion.

She stood there in silence for what seemed like an eternity before being snapped back to her senses. She finally remembered that she was going to set up a tea party to catch up her friends. They hadn't had one in the longest time. At least not since the destruction of the Golden Oaks Library. She had to get back to setting the table.

She figured after this was all over she'd check in on Dead Loyalty. She was even willing to offer her a room in the Castle to stay in. A part of her wanted to keep her close, extremely close. She just wasn't sure how Rainbow Dash would feel about the matter. She decided she'd ask her later after everything was sorted.

She looked around the castle and took in a deep breath. After everything that had transpired, she felt that this would help them all relax. Especially after the chaos caused by Starlight's misuse of that powerful spell, and the clean up that Twilight had to do in the wake of it.

"Everything is all set,", the purple alicorn thought to herself. Twilight had the tea party all set up. They had all agreed to meet at the castle for tea time, she had even considered inviting Discord, but it seemed he was a tad busy looking after Fluttershy's animal friends again. This was going to be some relaxation therapy, she thought. What could go wrong?

And yet there was a small nagging sensation that marred her thoughts for a moment. What if they all canceled on her for some reason. NO, she thought, they wouldn't do that without a good explanation, they were her friends after all. There was no way they'd make an excuse to get out of something like this. She could still feel it though, something was chipping away at her conscience. They weren't going to back out on her, not after all the effort, she had put into this, especially not now.

That was when she heard a knock at the door, and opened it not to find her friends, but the mail mare Derpy. She was holding five letters in her teeth. After she gave them to Twilight, she turned around and flew off to her next customer. Twilight always had wondered how Derpy was able to fly at all with the way her eyes were. That was a thought for another day she told herself as she turned and trotted back into her Castle Foyer. That sinking came back to her as she began reading the letters that had been delivered. She decided that she needed to take a walk and relax a little bit.

That was when she got within four feet of the Park and happened to notice Rainbow Dash snoozing in one of the trees that laid before the running path. Was she skipping out on the Tea Party as well? A small voice in the back of her head told her to make sure Dash wasn't going to just bail on her this time around. There was a part of her that told her to make sure Dash didn't skip out on sharing time together. But was she willing to cross the line? She had scolded Starlight for using such a powerful spell herself in an attempt to skip out on Friendship Duties, or in her case a reckless miss use of a spell.

But what would have happened if Twilight had done it... again. Was Starlight even aware of how reckless Twilight herself had been when she was a Unicorn? Did Starlight know about Twilight's misuse of the Want It Need It spell? or what was commonly referred to as the Smarty Pants incident. She was so deep in thought that she was oblivious to the cyan colored hoof that was being waved in front of her face right at this very moment.

Rainbow craned her neck and tried snapping her hoof to get Twilight's attention before finally opening her mouth to say anything. It seemed like she was a million miles away right now.

"Uh, Hello, Egghead?"Dash's voice snapped Twilight out of whatever trance she had put herself in.

"Oh Hi Rainbow,", Twilight stammered,"are you going to come to the tea party later?", she calmly asked her mare friend. At same moment she uttered those words. She also wanted to say,"oh by the way, i ran into your double from another reality awhile back." But she felt it was best to wait until the proper moment arrived.

"Absolutely", she said," Right after I finish my nap,", with that Twilight decided to go check on where the others were. She had to find AJ after feeling content upon hearing Dash's answer.

How much longer would Dash's nap take, she thought as she approached the front of Sweet Apple Acres. She had to find out if the others were going to come at all. It wasn't a pressing matter, but it was important to her to catch up with them at the most. She was sure that she had to find out if anypony else was going to back out on her.

At least Rainbow said she'd come. There had been a few times in the past where her loyalty to Twilight and the others had come into question but she always pulled through and showed up. At least back then as far as Twilight was concerned. But all of that was in the past now. She had to keep looking.

That's strange Twilight thought to herself as she approached Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack was always out checking her trees in the past. But now she was nowhere to be seen. She got the sinking feeling that something here wasnt right. She couldnt find Aj, and when she went back into town, she noticed that there were fewer ponies out and about. Like the population of Ponyville was slowly decreasing the more she traveled through the town.

It was the most perplexing thing ever. As she continued to travel around town, she started to realize that she could be the only one in town left alive. It couldn't get worse, could it? She found that thought clawing at her mind as she tried to think about it. Something else started to weigh on her mind, what if they never came back?

What if all her friends never came back. What if Twilight was the last one of her kind. Not only the last pony. But what if the princesses were gone too. What if she was the last Alicorn? That was when she heard a scream.

She found AJ about a mile out of town, her forehoof broken and mangled from a bear trap that somepony had set to trap local game and wildlife. Twilight ran towards her friend, screaming out her name in the process.

"AJ!", she screamed, bounding towards the earth pony as she did so.

"Twilight? Thank Celestia.", she replied, weariness and desperation evident in her voice.

"Yes it's me, What's happening to the town?", Twilight asked.

"Ah dont know sugarcube, it just started gettin' like this within the last few months,", Applejack was short of breath when she tried to speak. Twilight levitated her onto her back and took her back to the Friendship Castle. There was a full medical bay that recently been installed at Twilight's request. She had wanted one added to the castle in the faint possibility that Ponyville Hospital was overwhelmed with patients. So she thought it was a good idea to open a clinic.

Now came the hard part. Her and AJ would try to get to the bottom of what was happening. What she didn't realize right then and there was that there was a simple explanation for all this. She started to wonder if all of this was a side effect of Starlight's interference with the timeline and Dead Loyalty's arrival.

What if half of the town's population had been transported to another reality with no way back.