• Published 31st Dec 2016
  • 4,014 Views, 28 Comments

Stolen Soul on the Passage of Home - Kaffeina



A millennium has passed and the shackles of the imprisoned are removed, allowing them to return to the changed world they once roamed. Now, those who dare jail them are left at their mercy.

  • ...
16
 28
 4,014

I - Chapter One

I
Chapter One
Servant and Master, Reunited

The oppressing prisons of Tartarus, prison of the damned, the defilers, and the darkest creations the country of Equestria had seen in the past millennia. From Tirek, a raging centaur from beyond the wreath civilization, to a lone bipedal creature who had lain a set of armor at the far end of the her cell. The clothes she did wear were in scraps, tears in some areas and holes in others. A pair of simple trousers, in far better condition than the shirt, covered her legs and she had propped herself up on a long spear.


Silver-hair covered a face of elf-like complexion, lacking the flaws and faults of the normal human. She didn't move, aside from the slight rise and fall of her chest. The woman of the cell was in a deep sleep and it didn't seem as though she had moved in some time. A thick metal door separated the room from the cells outside of it. The prisoner inside this cell was a special case, having lived far longer than she ought to have down in this magical hell.


Silence permeated the room, as it usually did, and the woman was undisturbed. After several more minutes, a leg twitched and she moved her head off the spear, a light red mark crossing her cheek from where she had lain. Blearily, she opened her eyes and peered out at the jagged rock walls of the room. Blinking rapidly, she yawned and began pushing herself off the ground. Shaking slightly as she stood, the woman made her way across the room, staring at the armor and then picking it up.


"I still don't understand how this hasn't rusted," she muttered, setting it back down after inspecting it again. Lifting her spear, she stabbed the walls. A small scratch appeared and she lowered the weapon. Same old, same old, the woman muttered to herself. It’s boring, yes, but at least I don't have to deal with THAT issue any longer.


The woman's mind drifted momentarily to the events which placed her both in this prison, and in this world itself. The first memory that crawled through her still somewhat tired mind was that of her departure. It had been a long night…


"I suppose you're pleased?" a husky voice muttered, some footsteps echoing as the figure entered the living room. Dark black armor adorned the body of the owner of the voice and silver hair travelled down their head. A deep frown marred their pale face.


"Quite, I did an excellent job," the other inhabitant of the room answered cheerfully. Unlike her taller companion, the second person had short brown hair. "Besides," the girl's face contorted with worry, "I know what it means to you, with, well..." The girl trailed off and the silver-haired companion nodded and sighed.


"Yeah, but I would've preferred, well, going as the ideal me, not..." a gesture insinuated the meaning, the current appearance was a bit too much.


"It's a costume party, Aranea," the girl answered, "besides, no one will recognize you!"


"I suppose that is true..." the husky-voiced girl answered, "but, if any guys hit on me, I am going to use that spear and..." A look of disgust and anger contorted her face. An eyeroll was the response from the brown-haired girl.


"Let's go," she said, and the brunette grinned, snagging a pair of keys from a nearby side-table. They both walked outside. A deep black car, a convertible it would seem, chirped as the brunette hit a button on her key chain.


'Aranea' walked around the car and slipped into the passenger seat. "I can't believe you actually dyed my hair for this, Iris," she said, buckling herself in.


"While wigs may work," 'Iris' answered, slipped the key into the ignition and starting up the vehicle, "they can be inconvenient in the majority of situations."


Aranea sighed aggravatedly, muttering about being found out when they all met up the next day, for work. The brunette girl smirked as the vehicle backed out of the drive and then sped off down the street.


After a moderately embarrassing stop, for Aranea, they finally arrived at a large ornate house which had a variety of vehicles parked in its front and down the street. Iris pulled the vehicle off to the side of the road and removed the keys, letting Aranea exit before locking up the vehicle.


The two girls made their way to the doors, meeting the guy next to the door. He gave a wide grin. "Hey! You brought a friend this time, sweet! How's her tolerance?" the guy gave Aranea a blazing grin and Iris smirked.


"It’s Iris today, Jimmy," the brunette answered, "And, I don’t know, you'll have to check her."


Aranea glared at her shorter friend before the guy practically dragged her out into the living room of the mansion. A crowd of people cheered as the guy pushed her up to the two guys currently keeping an idiotically grinning teen standing. Aranea was quickly ushered up to the keg and they tried to lift her up, but she protested.


After a few more moments, Iris got aggravated enough to yell. "Just do it, you chicken." Aranea glared, which gave the two enough time to hoist her up and a third to bring the hose to her mouth. What is this, a frat party? she muttered internally before finally giving in.


About an hour later Aranea, noticeably buzzed, was making out with, perhaps shocking to the other person in the room, her friend Iris. It was very much a touch-and-feel make-out session, and Aranea was starting to feel very heated in her costume. She felt Iris's hand drift towards her nethers and immediately froze, all signs of the alcohol vanishing. Iris frowned, and watched her friend run off drunkenly.


Aranea went sprinting into a bedroom, thankfully empty, and sat hyperventilating next to the bed when the door she had slammed shut opened. When she looked up, trying to restrain the tears on her face, she spotted a girl with striped cat-ears and a top hat emblazoned with the numbers, '10/6', shimmering oddly as she approached.


"I sense a very unhappy unbirthday, here," the girl said, staring at Aranea with wide green eyes. She seemed to be reading Aranea's soul , which caused Aranea to hide her face. "And a torn stack of Hearts, the Diamonds lying scattered across the table, the Spades covering the torn, and beaten by the Clubs."


Aranea stopped shaking and looked up, "...What?” The sight of such absurdity caused a look of confusion to plaster itself on the silver-haired girl’s face.


“The only way to fix this,” the girl pushed up her sleeves, “is through evaporation, and you’re quite lucky. I’m a pretty talented evaporationist...or was it condensationist?”


Aranea opened her mouth only for the entire room go black.


The silver-haired woman looked around the cell once more, her momentary reminiscence stopped in its tracks by a very load roar of rage. “Tirek,” she muttered with an eye roll, getting closer to the door to hopefully hear another one of the tantrums of the centaur.


Putting her weight on the door, she pressed her ear on the cold metal, only for it to click and the door shifted slightly. Reaching down, she pushed on the door with a fair margin of her strength and it swung open. After a moment of surprise, the silver-haired woman grinned.


The mirage of colors arced through the air and slammed down upon Nightmare Moon in a torrent. Hues clashed and merged before splitting off and doing the same with others. A taut feeling pressed through the air and the tension didn’t help the effect. As Pinkie Pie pulled out a butterknife, the torrent of color subsided.


Pinkie’s face fell but perked up when the six mares in the room saw, once the mirage of colors was truly gone, a small, almost foal-sized, blue alicorn lying on the ground. Pinkie’s face almost exploded and the gears that remained working in her head, before spinning off into oblivion, were working overtime in preparation for party plans.


However, before she could start spouting such ideas out, the group was interrupted by the arrival of an alabaster alicorn. Princess Celestia passed the group, most of whom bowed slightly, while Pinkie and Twilight perked up more, if that were possible for Pinkie (it probably is).


Celestia was approaching her sister, when a spear slammed down in her path. Stunned, the solar diarch stumbled backwards away from the attack. A second later, silver-haired figure wrested the weapon from its pace in the floor and turned to the blue alicorn. She raised the spear to thrust and had the weapon yanked backwards, causing her to spin.


“Are you bloody-well stupid?” the warrior demanded, yelling as she turned around. “She tried to get the night to last forever! Ifrit! The Scourge!” The warrior seemed rather furious.


Celestia’s gaze turned cold, “You will not be harming my sister,” she stated.


“Sister? Does that mean you… Wait, you’re the one that imprisoned me!” the warrior suddenly yelled, glaring. “So, you’re on their side then!” The warrior hoisted her spear and drove it into the ground, leaping forward to kick her feet into the horse’s muzzle. Momentarily blinded, Celestia was left open to the warrior’s attack, the next one letting the sharp point of the spear rest at the alicorn’s throat.


A split second later a rainbow blur slammed the armor clad woman into the ground, causing her spear to fly out of her grip. After being knocked down, she reached towards the pony that had attacked her, ready to retaliate.


“Cease,” was the white alicorn’s command, causing the rainbow pony to back off the woman. Immediately the warrior scrambled towards her spear, only for it, and her, to both be grabbed in magic. Attempting to fight the magic proved fruitless and she merely glared at the horse.


“Imprison me all you like, you will not be succeeding!” the warrior spat. Another flash of light and she was gone from the sight of the ponies in the room.


“Princess,” Twilight asked, “was that…?”



“Yes, Twilight,” Celestia answered, “it was indeed. To think she would have survived all this time is suspicious, and most likely proves her to have been aiming for eternal night as well.”


“Well, cryptic is awesome and all,” Rainbow Dash interrupted, looking rather miffed, “but I should ask, WHO was that?”


“One of Nightmare Moon’s warriors,” Twilight finally answered a second later as Celestia teleported the spear away as well. “The Dragoon.”


The moon remained in the sky, blocking half of the sun and dimming the world’s skies into a facsimile of twilight. While Nightmare Moon was leagues away, part of her army had started the advance on the booming city of Canterlot, at the seat of a mountain. The ponies of the city fought fiercely while the forces of the night advanced unimpeded.


The general for this fight watched from the middle of the advancing forces, her own weapon at the ready in the event she were to be attacked. However, as the strength of the invading force was far superior to the defenders, there were no complications as they approached the city hall, a large mansion style building whose ornate features caused the general to scoff.


It was a needless extravagance for a place of minor government, it was doubtful the lords and ladies of the area ever met here, and common ponies had no use for it. All it was good for was a chance for her to showcase her might and control over the town. Despite the bad taste being a conqueror left in her mouth, it was a necessary price to pay for the passage home.


The force marched into the courtyard with no resistance and she barked out orders. “Gather the townsfolk in the courtyard, no matter their status!” she said, departing and allowing a minimal amount of the soldiers to follow her into the mansion. Bat-ponies of some sort, and a variety of other nocturnal and ‘dark’ creatures made up the army.


She entered the office of the mansion and took a seat in the chair, thankfully designed to attribute a variety of body types. It was still small, but not so that she would fall out. Immediately, she began scouring the contents of the desk and found a single book in its lowermost left drawer. Starswirl’s Magical Theory and Principia. She raised an eyebrow and opened the book, scanning the contents before arriving on a most peculiar section.


Magic permeates the entirety of our world, from the smallest grain of sand, to the largest mountain and the world. It is what allows unicorns to manipulate the magics of the sun and moon, forcing our world from what was once an eternal twilight.


Despite the strength and raw powers of magic, magic cannot latch onto worlds, theorized, that do not have magic themselves in some amount. Worlds with magic are a simple matter, even if that magic is completely different from the laws of our own. Even the base rules of reality may be different, so long as magic remains. The question I’m found asking, however, is the idea of a resident of a world completely lacking in magic suddenly ending up here: what would the result be?


The general froze and re-read those words again. Despite the insistence in her head, theorizing that a different, almost non-existent, magic could be in her world, something furiously denied such idiotic ideas. Thousands of years were proof that no such magic could exist- instances of “recorded sorcery” had no physical evidence. Magic in her world was nothing more than fairy tales and fiction. The warrior attempted to calm herself, but found her control lacking.


A loud scream of anger, grief, and regret burst forth from the woman. The scream subsided, as did the grief, but when a soldier entered the room, her gaze turned dark as the window behind the desk exploded from a shockwave. The soldier scrambled away, and barely managed to squeak out that the ponies had arrived.


A moment later, she walked out onto the balcony, conveniently placed above the courtyard. Glaring down at the ponies below, she was interrupted before even speaking, by a stallion in a tux of some sort. “Who are you to dare bring us here! A commoner cannot command me to do anything,” he shouted, huffing at the end of his small rant.


She locked eyes with the stallion and he cowered. “I am the general of this army,” she waved her arm around at the forces herding the ponies, “and you will obey. Until Nightmare Moon arrives, when I will challenge her for her lies, you are under my control! Do I hear any arguments?”


Murmured silence.

She turned around and entered the study once more, still fuming. As it was, she was still quite angry when a white alabaster alicorn, Princess Celestia, arrived to the cheers of the townsfolk. As she walked out to the courtyard, the warrior raised her spear up, prepared for the oncoming battle.

Author's Note:

Thanks to SnapDrakeGames for editing.

So far, there isn't much FFXV lore involved yet, but please hold with me when it starts because I am relying on others to inform me.