• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 1,684 Views, 36 Comments

A past long forgotten and Hope for the future. - zero504



Celestia and Luna decide to go to earth and bring the Mane 6 along for a friendship lesson but they also have another reason for being there, something more...

  • ...
13
 36
 1,684

Honey I shrunk the Human/Discord's Game

Canterlot Grounds

After talking with Soaring about the incident that happened, I was excited about the fact that I was able to obtain and use a power which i never would have ever expected to have. "Easy there, Max. Let's not get too excited. That power is great, but it also dangerous if you use it improperly."

"Yeah I know Soaring, but do you have to be a killjoy? I mean after all it's meant to be used for defending others, I don't plan on using it against anyone unless I absolutely have too." "Having these powers are amazing!" I said. Soaring chuckled. "Alright, I get it. And those Gaster Blasters are pretty cool, just be careful."

As I got nearer to the castle I happened to see Discord grinning at me. Something told me that He was up to something, though I couldn't exactly understand what. Discord then spoke and said to me, "Ah, Max I was wondering when you would show up! I have been quite eager to share something with you. Do you like games?" I turned to him and said, "Yeah I do Discord but what type of game?" "Why a battle of wits, Max. It's simple enough. Also this game has a very interesting prize for it. Sound good?" He said.

To be honest, I knew He was up to some mischief, but I also knew Discord would never try to hurt me or anypony for that matter. Soaring shared the same opinion as me. "It wouldn't hurt to play a game with you Discord, but I do hope that this doesn't involve me getting hurt or something." Discord replied, "You wound me, Max. You know I am reformed and such. Besides, why would I hurt someone who is similar to me in a way?"

"Very well, let's see what game you have in mind Discord." I said. Discord smiled mischievously and thought.. "This is going to be quite fun!" As he snapped his fingers, Reality shifted for a second, and then we were gone in a flash.

Unknown Location/Dimension

(This scene I need to describe a bit, since it may be a tad bit confusing. So if I ramble on, sorry about that-Max)

As my eyes readjusted to the awkward teleportation spell, I found myself in a large ornate chamber. The difference here however, Was the very surroundings that We were in was surrounded with black shimmering particles. (similar to the emptiness of space) There was also something else interesting as well. It turned out that Soaring was right next to me, which was odd since me and Him couldn't be separated.

"What the?" I turned to Soaring. "How the heck are you out of my body?" Discord chuckled. "It's all part of the Dimension Max, It seems I finally get to meet you Soaring..." said Discord as He turned to face Soaring. Soaring looked at Discord with annoyance. Discord chuckled and then snapped his fingers. A cage appeared and Soaring was trapped inside. "What's the meaning of this Discord!" I said angrily. Discord frowned at me and said, "Max, this game is only meant for you. Soaring can't help you here. Also, consider this also a small punishment and incentive. You see the game we are about to play has some interesting consequences. It effects both of you equally."

"Consequences?, What Consequences?" I said worryingly. Discord then replied, "Nothing dangerous in case you were wondering. It's something I came up with. That reminds me, We need the game board." Discord snapped his fingers again and next thing I knew a Giant Chess Board came down with huge game pieces. My eyes grew wide. He chuckled at my reaction.

Discord then said, "As you can see, this is an ordinary chess board, However, this game is very different. The rules of the game are simple enough. It is just like an ordinary game of chess. There are a few rules of my design that come into play. Before I mention them, perhaps I should tell you what the prize is hmm?"

He produced a piece of paper and then said, "For each piece of mine that you manage to remove from the game, you will receive a random power that will be determined after the game is done. The game ends when i either get 6 of your pieces or capture your king. Or if you manage to get my king you win. No matter what though you still will gain the powers even if you lose." I looked at Him and said, "So if I manage to get any pieces I still get a random power?" "That is correct, Max. After all, there should be incentive to keep playing."

"However, remember what i said about consequences? Those Consequences will happen everytime I get one of your pieces. The game ends when I get 6 pieces or your king." "You still haven't mentioned what they are." I said. "True, but that's the fun of this game. You never know what I will do next. Such is the beauty of Chaos." "Speaking of, this game is called Swindler's chess." said Discord.

"In case you don't know the rules of the game, it's just like regular chess however, You may cheat. You can make an illegal move as long as it doesn't win you the game right away. So for example a rook can go diagonally instead of front and back, just as an example." Discord continued, "Also, you only can cheat up to 3 times in the game. No matter what, I can't stop you, nor can you stop me from doing so. if you wish to use your cheat, press the button in front of you." The button in front of me said Cheat Code. "Are you familiar with the rules Max?" asked Discord.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I could beat Discord at this game. The odds didn't completely stack in my favor. Yet, I had no choice. Discord watched me closely and chuckled inwardly. "He knows I got him cornered and there is nothing He can do. I can't wait to see what happens to Him." I then said, "Ok, I am ready as I will ever be." "Good! Let's begin!" said Discord as a curtain appeared over the cage that Soaring was in.

The game began as Discord made his first move. I knew chess, but I was no expert by any means, and it would be hard to read and understand what his plan was. However, for a while I had managed to get 2 pieces. I still had all my cheats left. However, Discord pressed his button, and I was distracted by a loud clap behind me. I jumped in the air for a second. He then used his bishop to capture my rook.

After that happened I felt very strange all of a sudden. it was as if the room around me had gotten a bit taller. The feeling passed briefly. I then refocused on the game. I had managed to capture another piece but not before he had managed to use a second cheat to capture 2 pieces at once. I had been distracted by a loud clap of thunder this time. Again I had felt the feeling that the room was getting taller. I suddenly realized that somehow I was shrinking. The room wasn't getting taller, I was getting smaller!

"Discord, What the Buck!" I said in outrage and confusion. Discord chuckled and said, "Temper, Temper Max. Besides you have a lot to think about. No time for distractions." Discord was right of course, but this began to make me play sloppily and play right into his claws. I had managed to get one more piece making a total of 4 I had captured, but He easily managed to get the 6 pieces he needed. The game then ended.

"It seems I have beaten you easily, Max. You tried and gave it your all, but I am after all the winner." He gloated. "On the bright side however, you gained 4 powers. They are random, but I will tell you what they are in a sec." He then snapped his fingers, and the curtain was removed from the cage. It seems that I wasn't the only one shrunk. Soaring looked way younger then He had originally been. Discord smiled at me and then produced a mirror.

I stared at myself in disbelief. Somehow I had been shrunk to the size I had been when I was 16. Apparently it wasn't a shrinking spell. It was an Age spell. Discord then said, "Well Max, you look quite handsome as a 16 year old. Also, this change is permanent. There is no way that Anypony or anything can change you back to normal. Consider this a gift and a curse." Discord then released Soaring and handed me a piece of paper. "Here Max, read this at your leisure. These are the powers granted to you."

With that done, I was brought back to the Castle Grounds. However, I realized one interesting detail. How was Soaring not back in me? Soaring seemed to be confused as well. But He smiled and tackled me to the ground playfully. I happily hugged him and then we both made our way to the Castle. Perhaps Celestia would be happy to see him...

Author's Note:

Welp this was an interesting chapter to say the least. Also I wonder what "Powers" Max got...
You will just have to wait and see. Also Soaring is free from my body? what does this mean? After all, You never know what may happen.