• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 1,678 Views, 36 Comments

A past long forgotten and Hope for the future. - zero504



Celestia and Luna decide to go to earth and bring the Mane 6 along for a friendship lesson but they also have another reason for being there, something more...

  • ...
13
 36
 1,678

Story of My Life (Bio about me. Not required to read unless you want too)

Author's Note:

Here is an important chapter in my life. This chapter is the most important for people to understand more about me. This stuff is all real folks, I couldn't make this stuff up if i tried. So now you know the real me.

Hope this helps you to understand me and my motivations, and what my life has been like. Sometimes Life really can throw you a curveball.

Unknown Location/House

A lone Human sat by his computer thinking about his day and the things that occurred. He was tall, with somewhat messy black hair. He is 6'0" and might I add kind of chubby. Not exactly the most athletic type. So he had a gut that was a bit unwanted. He was also 35 years old. But what was mostly his most redeeming trait was the fact that he was 35 and yet looked maybe like an 18 year old. He knew He was fortunate to not look like his age, but never really questioned it much. Also despite his age he had a fair amount of grey hair on his head. That was due to large amounts of stress, not wisdom as some others would believe. Though of course, He had gained some wisdom. but not as much as He would like.

He had just gotten back from The Teahouse which served all sorts of beverages, but by far his favorite from there was Frozen Mocha coffee. As he was enjoying his Frozen Mocha coffee, He wondered how his day would have been had it not been for the extra caffeine that helped him get a small boost in energy. Also, He absolutely loved Chocolate. Coffee plus chocolate equals yum! Unfortunately, due to his laziness, his room wasn't the most tidiest of places. But he always did clean up when time allowed it. When he didn't feel like being lazy, that is.

Most of his days consisted of Working as a Security Guard for a hotel. Due to this nature he ended up usually having to stay up for long periods of the night. His shift usually was seven hours long, but today just so happened to be an off day for him. He yawned a tad bit, being on the computer was one of his favorite things to do. Though of course, He mainly used it for entertainment purposes. After all, it had quite a few major uses besides just TV and such.

Games and Live Streaming, watching Netflix, Catching up on episodes of one of his favorite TV shows, were just a few examples. He had a lot of entertainment all in one package, yet Maximilian didn't seem to actually be interested in those types of activities today. He had lots of different games on his computer such as Path of Exile, Dungeon fighter Online, Archeage, Just to name a few.

But lately, those seemed to bore Him. Nope, His form of entertainment of the day was doing some reading. Mainly of course his favorite type of reading material in the form of My Little Pony fan-fiction.

Yes, you heard right My Little Pony. Ever since Max was younger he had always had a fascination with the show. He always figured that even though it was a tad bit girly, he had to admit the values that the show brought always hit home for him. He never really considered himself a Brony, the amusing name for all male fans of the show, yet it seemed to fit. He didn't necessarily realize it and kept it to himself. So He was a closet Brony. Everyday while he was at work he wondered whether or not the place existed and if it was true about most of the adventures they had had not been some childish fantasy.

He always spoke to himself a lot during his job and imagined what it would truly be like for him in Equestria, Since he had nothing else to do as the job usually just meant he walked around and look pretty. After all his job mainly was to 'observe and report'. A simple enough task, yet for some reason it made him even more bored, and He came up with all sorts of interesting ideas for Fan Fiction.

He always had a reasonably vivid imagination for someone of his age. He was an adult but that didn't mean He didn't think like a kid sometimes. But for someone of his age He still was mature. Well most of the time. You see, Max suffered a great deal in His childhood. Not exactly the most perfect of childhoods, But He still remembered all of it. the good and the bad, and sometimes the ugly.

It all started in the year 1981, A popular time for music and such. One of the golden ages for music. Ah the 80's. Makes you feel a tad bit nostalgic, when you think of it. It was during Thanksgiving day when Max was brought into this world. His mother Alicia, was very happy to welcome her "Turkey Day Surprise." (yeah, you can laugh about that one. it is a tad bit amusing)

Born and raised in Houston, Texas, He grew up with his Mother and Father who was nicknamed 'Smiley' When for some reason or another, His father decided to abandon him and his mother at the tender age of 3. Thus leaving with no choice his mother decided to re-marry to a man named David Smith.

This man named David was one of 7 brothers, who lived in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. His profession happened to be a maintenance man. He was an alcoholic, had a very short temper fuse and was bitter for having to take care of a son who wasn't his and a father who abandoned them to their fate. Oh, also he is bipolar. (though He didn't know it at the time.)

His mother Alicia was from Oklahoma City, OK and she was 43 years old (yeah more on that later.)

So during his younger years, Max faced a great amount of pain and suffering due to his alcoholic stepdad. Also, sometimes his mother also dealt with 'family abuse'. Due to these issues, Max ended up having to deal with not only the pain of dealing with his father, but also the added stress of going to school and dealing with bullies who was constantly messing with him.

Max suffered from a serious case of ED (emotionally disturbed) and was placed in the wings of the Special Education department. Thus Max had to be further tormented due to his lack of dealing with others. For the world, Max pretty much couldn't cope with a lot of pressure with the stress of bullies and what was going on at home.

His father always told Him, He would never amount to anything and He was worthless. Not exactly a great role model to rely on. Due to Max's smartalic attitude, he usually ended up suffering with several bruises and such on his arms and face. It wouldn't take long for teachers to soon notice this.

So after this particular round of problems they sought out the CPS (child protection services) to resolve this issue and see about getting Max into a better place of residency and life. (yeah, right. That didn't work out too well. Thank you Murphy's Law!)

After interviewing young Max, Max told a little white lie. (what can possibly go wrong! Murphy's Law for the win!) He said that His father hit him with a belt. While it was true that his father had hit him, he had not used his actual belt to do harm. just his fists. Needless to say the group wasn't too pleased and immediately set off to take care of this setback.

It was during this time, Max had a brother and sister, Rita and Edward. Edward was still a baby when she was taken, and Rita was 3 years old. Max also had been taking into custody and was separated from his brother and sister. Max lived in a foster home, not knowing where his family was and having to deal with a family that wasn't so very kind of him. After all Max still had emotional issues.

After a certain time, Max was reunited with his mother for a time, but then Dad got out of jail, in lieu of the fact he had agreed to 'counseling' to make up for his past issues. Let's just say it didn't last too long.

Before long there was at least one happy moment in Max's life. He had a little brother named Justin. He was so happy to be able to take care of his little brother. He loved him dearly. That year was April 17, 1990.

Despite all that happened Max continued to deal with the issues most adolescents had to deal with.. Puberty. Fast forward to his time in high school. Max was about 14 years old at the time. Max had a crush on a certain girl, and wanted to obviously make it known to her. (I never remembered that girls name, ah well) So he did the most best thing He could think of, sing his heart out to the girl and even had a minor dance routine to match. (yep, boy was I dumb back then.)

Needless to say, nothing really happened between Max and the girl further but it at least meant Max had experience in love, somewhat.

Around the age of 16, Max began to notice his mother's health wasn't too good when she came to this school to help him with his future in education. He hoped Mom would feel well. But it was also that year when tragedy stuck. His grandmother passed away, due to bone cancer. The only good thing that came out of it was she had died in her sleep peacefully. This was the first time that Max truly felt that life was cruel. Who could blame him though, Max had never experienced death before. His grandmother was very important in his life and was taken away.

It also put a damper on the rest of his family who he hadn't gotten to know over the years. After the funeral they all split up and was never heard or seen from again.

You have heard of the saying "Fate is a cruel mistress? or Death is a cruel joke?" Well here's an interesting punchline, Death has a cruel sense of humor!

At the age of 17, Max's mother died at the age of 43 years old. Death by a massive coronary Heart Attack. Stress was most likely the main culprit. A cruel joke by death as it was one year apart from Max's grandmother's death. Needless to say, He was pissed! A bundled rage of hate and emotion overwhelmed him. To say He was angry was an overstatement.

After 14 years of unwanted cruelty and abuse, the one person who had brought him at least some sanity and maybe a tad bit of hope, was gone in an instant. Max heard the news, His brother had been home in the time. the age of 9 years old, luckily Justin had been smart enough to call 911. A bit of Irony as well as his apartment number was 911. (ah, talk about a tragedy)

He remembered it all. He was with his dad at his workplace helping his father out, so he could earn a spare bit of cash. When suddenly, his dad's beeper went off. it had the number of our home phone and the number 911 afterwards. Max asked,"What's wrong Dad?"

Dad replied, "I am not sure, But I think it might have something to do with Mom." I remembered those words as I felt cold all over. We rushed home and there it was...

Mom sprawled out dead on the kitchen floor, ironically making my dad's lunch for the day. My heart I could have sworn stopped a bit. Seeing this was all too much for me.

Dad of course was devastated. I didn't blame him for that. I blamed him for all the cruel things he put me and my Mom through. My Mom wasn't in the best of health, She actually was a tad bit chubby. (I hate calling her that to be honest) Still, there was planning to do.

My Mom's will was discovered and she wanted to be buried where her family was, and if anyone deserved it it was her. however due to what I felt was the cheapskate option, she was cremated. And her funeral was at a nature park, the idea was to scatter her ashes into the wind, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped. Another reason why I was so pissed.

Then the event that basically changed my whole life happened when my Dad sat me down and told me one thing. "You need to grow up son, and grow up quickly." Needless to say, I wasn't pleased at all. (got that right) How dare he? How dare he dictate my life, after making it one of the worst possible ways to grow up, he ruined my childhood, he ruined my life and thanks to him my Mom was dead.

Needless to say. I exploded. Insult after insult, rage beyond rage. I wanted to hurt him, I wanted to teach him a lesson he wouldn't forget. instead I told him what I truly thought of him.

I made a choice that day, I wanted to be free from my father's influence, I wanted my independence, needless to say curse my Smartelic attitude! I thought I knew everything. (yeah, That was definitely like almost everyone back then.) Boy was I wrong.

After leaving my Dad and my brother behind (which i regret still by the way, I did love Justin) I moved into a friends house where I tried to fix all the broken pieces of my life and put them together. I had a fierce determination not only to prove my Dad wrong, but also to prove to myself I didn't need him. I chose to be independent. But sometimes life always throws you a curveball.

Life is tough, you always make stupid decisions and burning bridges. Which unfortunately I did a lot of. I used my friends and basically dug my own grave. I was now officially homeless. (yeah, I aint kidding) Back then I realized I wasn't so smart. Yeah I learned the hard way. Luckily there had been some silver lining, I found Hope.

I found a place to go and do something better with my life. I found God. (Now, I am not sure if you believe in a higher power or not, but I did and still do, today) Thanks to God, I was now doing better and learning more and finally becoming a tad bit wiser and more patient. (wasn't exactly my forte back then, hehe) I suffered from a lack of patience and other skills that would make me a better person to get along with. But I was getting better and received blessings and more.

Soon I was blessed with a decent job, a place of my own, and a higher purpose. But stupid me goofed up again and found myself once more out in the streets. *facepalm* (geez, I had a lousy track record)

Thanks to an old friend I met while i was working at a local Denny's as a server, He had a place for me and I gladly accepted. I had a roommate now and I was appreciative of it. His name was Bruce Peterson. He was a retired Veteran. And he taught me several life lessons, of which I am eternally thankful. However, due to issues that I had no idea, I came home one evening after my new job as security and found him dead.

(I swear what is it with Death, it like it follows me wherever I go. *sigh*)

Due to the fact that he was in a retirement community and I had been his 'caregiver' I ended up having to find a new place pronto. Luckily, I found a place and moved in where I am currently.

And it was on this day of days, that a certain group of ponies where here, and they were looking for me.

Yeah, Story of my life.