• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 1,046 Views, 68 Comments

Loyalty in Brass: The First Encounter - Mr BHunt



Once a proud knight, now a ruined automation. When a Brass Knight Charges into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
7
 68
 1,046

The Border: The Experiment Part One

The griffin groans and puts a talon to his head, he sits up and looks around. He was in a room, wooden walls all around him, there was a bed on the wall and a desk and chair in the corner. The griffin got up and walked over to the desk, noticing that there was a book on top. He picked it up and looked it over, it was blank so he opened to the first page. He began to read aloud, subconsciously wondering why.

"Test subject, you will be collected shortly. When you are collected you will moved to the top deck, any attempt to escape will lead to immediate and effective elimination. Furthermore, you will be referred to as G-01 and are expected to follow any and all orders given. Failure to do so will result in immediate elimination, good luck." G-01 blinked and scoffed. "Seems like a very elaborate prank, also 'G-01'? My name is..." The griffin slowly frowned. "My name..?"

Suddenly a pair of loud footsteps grew near, G-01 put down the book and backed up against the far wall. The footsteps grew louder and suddenly stopped, the griffin jumped as the door slammed open. A Brass Knight walked in and pointed at G-01, then it moved to the side and pointed to the hall outside. G-01 didn't move and the knight pointed again, abet more aggressively but still the griffin didn't move.
'
"Move G-01, or you will be eliminated." The Brass Knight said in a deep voice and put a hand on it's sword, in a ringed scabbard.

"My name isn't G-01! Its... its not that!" G-01 yelled at the knight, but it didn't faze the soldier.

"Last chance, move G-01." The knight said and slowly pulled it's sword out of the scabbard, the griffin slowly stepped forward. Then he walked past the knight, soon the soldier followed the smaller creature and slid it's sword into it's scabbard


G-01 climbed a flight of stairs and walked into the sun, he blinked and shaded his eyes with a wing. The Brass Knight nudged him with it's foot, the griffin got the idea and continued walking. Soon he spotted the other griffin and a pegasus, he moved towards them but the Brass Knight stepped in front of him.

"Not yet, G-01. You must see the captain, this way." The knight motioned with it's hand to another flight of stairs, near the stern of the large airship. G-01 snuck a glance to the other two, but nodded and followed the knight's directions. The griffin noticed the lack of sailors and other soldiers, it confused him but he remained silent as he stood at the top of the stairs. He immediately noticed a larger soldier, still a brilliant brass colour like the knight.

It stood a head taller then the knight and had a large, spiked crest that ran down it's helmet. It's faceplate had a frowning brow, but besides that it was exactly the same as a knight's face. It's shoulder plates had studs of steel the ran across them, a emblem was carved in the left shoulder but G-01 couldn't make it out. Then the griffin noticed the axe that the captain had resting on it's shoulder, it was massive and had strange engravings along it's blade.

The large captain turned it's head, giving a motion to G-01 to come closer. The griffin hesitated, but the Brass Knight nudged him towards the captain. His talons shood as the large captain turned and looked down at the griffin, who was shadowed by the colossal being.

"I am C-3737, a Brass Centurion." The centurion introduced itself in a deeper monotone then the Brass Knight, it startled G-01. "You were chosen for an experiment, if you follow instructions and complete all tests then you will be stronger then ever. Fail to complete them, however, will lead to pain and likely death." The Brass Centurion stated and G-01 let out a yelp, he recoiled and bumped into the Brass Knight's foot. "Do not be afraid, you are more lucky and special then those other pests." The centurion hissed, then the knight pushed the griffin with it's foot.

"Come, G-01, you will meet the other test subjects." The Brass Knight said and G-01 slowly walked towards the other griffin and pegasus, but then it noticed that there was two pegasi when he was captured.

He looked up at the knight. "Where's the other pegasus? There were two, now there's only one." G-01 said and the knight let out a sigh, but didn't say anything. G-01 looked back at the two other 'subjects', trying to remember their names. The pegasus noticed G-01 and tilted her head, then slowly trotted towards him. Suddenly the knight snarled and the pegasus yelped and fell back, the other griffin jumped as well. G-01 spun around and stared at the Brass Knight, not expecting it to be so aggressive at such a small act.

"Pests, you will remain a metre away from G-01 at ALL times." The knight states and puts a hand on it's sword. "Failure to do so will result in immediate and effective elimination, you have been warned." The Brass Knight says and looks down at G-01, a strange feeling overcomes the young griffin.

Its normal...

G-01 looked around and wondered if he heard someone say something, suddenly another strange feeling fills G-01.

I will help you, follow my instructions carefully...

"Who said that?!" The griffin said, the other griffin glanced sideways at G-01 while the pegasus seemed to try and ignore him. Only the Brass Knight answered.

"Ah, your implants are working. Follow their instructions, you'll be fine." The knight said, a reassuring tone in it's monotone voice. G-01 rubbed his head, but then he felt a cold and metal surface. He tapped it and heard a ding, then a wave of pain overcame him.

Leave that be...

"Ow! I got it, I got it." G-01 said hastily, then he saw the grate in front of the other two subjects slide open. A clanking was heard and a platform rose to the deck, another Brass Knight stood on the platform with a pair of wooden batons. One was as big as the knight's sword, while that other was like a twig in it's gasp. The knight stepped forward, the platform lowered and the grate slid back into place. The new soldier looked at the pegasus and tossed the smaller baton at her hooves.

"Pick up the weapon, Pest." The knight sneered at the mare, she huffed and bit into the baton and looked at the Brass Knight. Suddenly it slammed it's baton into the pegasus's back, snapping her wings. The mare screamed and dropped the baton, causing G-01 to step forward but more pain bombarded him.

Leave that pest, it needs to be cleansed...

"She did-ah! Nothing wro-ow!" G-01 said and stepped forward again, more pain slammed into him. The first knight puts and hand in front of the griffin, but he flies up and over it. Suddenly the pain disappeared and G-01 charged at the other knight, who had the large baton raised over it's head. G-01 briefly saw his talons before he tore into the Brass Knight, there had a mirror-like shine to them and looked like gold or brass.

The knight roared in pain as the griffin teared a hunk of it's chestplate off, it stumbled backwards as G-01 slammed a fist into it's face, causing a large dent in it. The Brass Knight tried to smack the griffin off it's chest but G-01 caught it's hand and bent it sideways, then he pushed off the knight and flew into the air. The first Brass Knight stepped back as the young griffin suddenly flew headfirst into the other knight's chest, he hovered behind it, covered in black blood. The knight put a hand on it's chest and then looked at it's blood that wasn't there before, it fell to it's knees and it's head tilted forward. G-01 slowly dropped to the deck just as the knight dissolved into ash, then promptly collapsed.

The Brass Knight knelt down and watched the ash blow into the wind, then it heard heavy footsteps from behind.

"Move the two pests into their rooms, take G-01 his room and call for me when he awakes." The Brass Centurion ordered and the knight nods as it stands, the two other subjects heard the order and quickly disappeared down into the hold. Two knights seemed to appear from nowhere and followed them, knowing that they'd try and escape.

The Brass Knight slowly made it's way towards the unconscious form of G-01 but hesitated as it moved to pick him up, it shook it's head and picked up the griffin gently and carried him into the hold.

Author's Note:

Subject G-01

The griffin formerly known as REDACTED has shown full compatibility with the implants, must keep him under watch until the REDACTED sequence is complete. Keep subject away from other subjects till further notice.

Subject P-02

Something is wrong, this subject isn't right. Keep under lockdown until orders from Centurion class or higher, something isn't right...