• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 1,047 Views, 68 Comments

Loyalty in Brass: The First Encounter - Mr BHunt



Once a proud knight, now a ruined automation. When a Brass Knight Charges into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
7
 68
 1,047

Chapter Two: Thundering Brass

The Brass Knight stopped as it spotted Fluttershy, who was gathering flowers near the edge of the Everfree. She was still slightly shaken but she still picked flowers and put them in her saddlebag on her barrel. Fluttershy still hadn't noticed the knight and continued picking flowers, until she bumped into the knight's leg. Fluttershy let out a little 'meep' and fell on her flank, she rubbed her nose and looked up. Her face paled till it was as white as a ghost, then she bolted towards her cottage.

The Brass Knight growled and slammed it's glaive into the ground in front of the fleeing pegasus, Fluttershy smacked into the weapon and stumbled back then collapsed. The knight looked at the Pegasus, then looked at the cottage. A large amount of animals had amassed and were growling, tweeting and making angry sounds at the Brass Knight. The knight paused as it stared at the animals, suddenly a tiny white rabbit hopped to the front of the crowd. It had a frown and was bearing it's teeth, it pointed at the Brass Knight with it's tiny paw and the animals charged, the knight put his arm out with an open palm. Suddenly a large bolt of lightning appeared in it's palm, the knight pulled back and threw the bolt at the animals. A horrendous crack filled the air and the animals were send flying as the bolt hit the rabbit dead on and spread to the rest, they collapsed and the Brass Knight growled. The knight looked down at Fluttershy and nudged her with it's boot, fortunately it didn't hear the small grunt, then it turned around.

The knight stared at the village, but mostly at it's inhabitants. It roared and it's armor started to release steam from the gaps between the plates, it stomped a few times and plunged it's glaive into the ground. The Brass Knight's armor slowly cooled and it looked up at the village, it pulled it's glaive from the ground and growled.

"Pests..." The knight said in a cold, soulless voice and changed towards the village. It's glaive held at it's waist and barely moving in the knight's iron grip, but that didn't matter to the Brass Knight as it charged. It's armour slowly began to heat up, turning the edges of it's armour a bright red. The knight thundered into the village, many ponies not expecting a titan to charge into their little town. The knight spun it's glaive around and slashed down at a trio of ponies, their mouths drop and then they slide off their legs. The trio's bodies were cut in half so cleanly that their legs still stood, but the Brass Knight didn't stop. It kept sprinting and slammed through a house that stood in it's way.


Random resident's POV

I turn around as a strange thundering noise grew louder, suddenly my house explodes as a huge armoured creature runs through it. I feel my eye twitch as a familiar sense of Deja Vu washes over me, I scream at the sky as my second house goes up in dust. My second house I built with my own HOOVES!

"Damn you! This is the last time I build in this bucking town, ever again!" I yell and stomp off, strangely I feel like this isn't the last time I see that knight...


The Brass Knight stabs it's glaive into a house and then kicks the wall in, a few screams wail from the ruined house. The knight spun around and backhanded a pony that was running in a panic, it flew through the air and slammed into another panicking pony. The knight turned and spotted a very pink pony, the knight despised that colour. The Brass Knight lifted it's boot up and immediately stomped on the pony, strangely it was grinning. The knight felt a weight on it's shoulder and turned to spot Pinkie on it's left shoulder, the Brass Knight snarled and slammed a hand on it's shoulder to crush the pony. Suddenly the knight heard a small explosion and turned to look at it's right shoulder, Pinkie had her party cannon aimed at the knight's head, some confetti slowly drifted to land on the knight's shoulder. Pinkie still had a grin on her face, but it didn't faze the knight who grabbed the pony and held her in front of it's blank faceplate.

Then the knight began to squeeze, the pink pony screamed as her bones cracked. Suddenly the knight threw the pink party pony down and walked towards a small group of ponies, they were pulling another resident from some rubble. The knight leapt up into the air and slammed into rubble, crushing the trapped pony and sending the group to the ground. The knight slashed down and turned all but one of the group into a bloody mess, the last survivor just gaped at the knight as it pulled it's glaive from his friends. The Brass Knight slowly looked down at the survivor and reached towards him, but something caught the knight's attention as it turned away and grasped it's glaive with both hands.


Speedy Quiz's POV

I look up at the huge and towering creature as it turns away, just seconds from death by that monster. I risk a gaze at the three ponies that I was hanging with, the face of one of the mares was staring at me with a horrid expression on, blood dripping from her hollow eyes. I slowly looked back at the creature and got back onto my hooves, it was looking away but when I stepped back it's blank face snapped to me. I held my breath and stood rigged as the creature lifted it's weapon up and stepped closer, I immediately shot a blast of magic at the beast. The creature snarled and time seemed to slow as it's weapon neared my eyes, then a bright flash of golden light caught my eye. Then I felt a very strong gust of wind whip my head back and I gasp, Princess Celestia was shooting magic bolts at the creature as it stumbled back.

"I-I'm sorry friends, but I gotta go... I will see you in a better place." I say to the three bodies and gallop away from the creature, away from Ponyville and towards Canterlot.


The Brass Knight snarled as another barrage of golden bolts hits it's chest and head, the knight covers it's face and kicks out. Celestia grunts as the boot slams into her, the princess flies up and continues shooting at the knight. But then the knight jumps up and grabs the alicorn, her eyes widen just as she realises what just happened, then the knight throws her into a house. Celestia moans and feels blood running down her face, she opens an eye to look at the knight.

The Brass Knight slowly walks towards the alicorn, their free hand glowing a deep red. The knight stops in front of the injured Celestia and pulls it's glowing hand back and it suddenly burst with white energy, then the knight grabbed the alicorn's face. She screamed as the knight pulled her into the air, the alicorn writhed as she felt herself grow weak. The Brass Knight soon dropped Celestia and lifted it's glaive up, aiming to plunge it into the alicorn. But a noise catches it's attention, the knight barely turns as a trio of silver blades send the knight stumbling back. It looks up as another pair of swords slash up it's faceplate and causes the knight to snarl, it backhands the swords and spots a dark blue alicorn floating down from the sky.

The Brass Knight sprints at Luna as she summons more silver swords, suddenly a hail of golden bolts hits the knight. It skids to a stop and pivots on it's foot, it roars at Celestia then snarls as the swords pierce the knight's back. It suddenly raises it's free hand, a bolt of lightning appears in the knight's palm. Then the knight slams the bolt into the ground, a rumble is heard and the ground cracks. The Brass Knight stayed crouched on the ground as Celestia conjured a pair of golden swords and Luna summoned a large silver greatsword, they fly up into the air and then quickly dash at the kneeling knight.

"PESTS!" The knight roared and pulled a huge bolt of flaming energy from the ground, the two sisters stop and stare in shock as the Knight pulled back and locked onto Luna. Celestia and Luna both start to teleport out of the knight's gaze, but as Luna appeared atop a building the Brass Knight spun around and threw the bolt at the stunned alicorn. But the knight didn't stop as the Princess of the Night howled in pain, it leapt up and slammed a boot onto the alicorn and crushed the building. Celestia suddenly screamed like a banshee and flew at the knight and tackled it through two buildings, tears streaming and her voice full of rage. The knight's armour cracked as Celestia began to slam large bolts of magic into the knight, but soon it growled and slapped the princess off it's chest. Slowly the Brass Knight stood up, it held it's free hand over one of the larger cracks and then looked at it's hand.

The knight's mirror like gauntlet was glistening a black colour, a few bits of brass were floating in the blood. The Brass Knight stood still as it stared at it's hand and the blood dripping to the ground, it slowly clenched it's hand into a fist.

"You made me bleed... PREPARE PEST!" The Brass Knight roars and suddenly two orange orbs appeared on his faceplate, in the place of it's eyes. The knight pounded the ground with the blunt end of it's glaive three time and then pointed it straight up into the air, it's glaive morphed into a greataxe with a groan. The knight swung the axe down and locked onto Celestia, who wiped her tears with a hoof.

"THIS IS WHERE YOU FALL, PEST!" The knight bellowed and charged at Celestia, she flew up and shot a few golden bolts at the rampaging knight. Suddenly the knight spins and grabs the princess's hoof with it's hand, then it throws the alicorn at another building. As the knight lands, Celestia bursts out of the rubble and summons two large golden spears. The alicorn yells and thrusts both spear's into the knight's faceplate, it snarls and leaps forward at the alicorn. It slams it's axe down at Celestia, but she flies back. Yet the knight leaps again and slams it's axe into the alicorn's right wing, she screams as blood flows from the wound. The Brass Knight kicks Celestia down and stomps on her, then it turns and picks her up. The knight looks at Celestia and notices her horn glowing, more brightly than before and it causes the knight to recoil.

The Brass Knight drops the alicorn just as a huge pillar of golden magic shot up into the air, it exploded like a flare in the air. The knight heard pops behind it, the knight turned and spotted a large amount of ponies in golden armor. The Brass Knight simply looked side to side, then leaped high above the army of soldiers, it landed at the edge of Ponyville and sprinted into the Everfree.


Hours later...

The residents of Ponyville slowly gathered around the ruined statue in the middle of their town, most were crying while others where searching the destroyed homes nearby. Mayer Mare was no where to be found, the Elements of Harmony were in critical condition and their two rulers were battered. The Royal Guard were trying to calm down the ponies, but a few ponies charged into the Everfree looking for blood.

Soon an estimated death count and ponies missing was found, the Royal Guard gave out the estimates.

"The number of... of dead is 23..." The guard mare coughed and wiped a tear from her eye. "The number of missing is 13, we will find them." She stated with a stoic face, then she collapsed and broke into tears. Her fellow guards walking her away, yet she still let out a last cry. "Where's my daughter?!"

Soon a few guards where sent out to patrol the Everfree, under heavy resistance from those who were ordered to do so. They found the first slaughter of the Brass Knight, then the second. They scattered and turned up in Ponyville at random times, then returned to Canterlot.

Now the wait begins, for where will the Brass Knight attack next?..

You should now, if you've read the original!

Author's Note:

Here's number two! Enjoy it? I await the sarcastic responses :ajsleepy:

So if you see something that you want to question, then please do so! I'll answer to the best of my abilities.

Thanks for waiting, readers!

Edit: Found a mistake or two, if you find more please tell.