• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 1,046 Views, 68 Comments

Loyalty in Brass: The First Encounter - Mr BHunt



Once a proud knight, now a ruined automation. When a Brass Knight Charges into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
7
 68
 1,046

Chapter Eleven: Epilogue

One Year Later...

After the death of the Legate, the Mane Six, Princesses and griffin returned to the refuge camp. They were welcomed with open hooves, most of the guard were sent to Canterlot to scout for any more hidden pockets of changelings. After a few hours, the first few groups of civilians entered Canterlot, a bit hesitantly. But now, after a few months the reconstruction of parts of Canterlot are almost complete, even Ponyville was repaired. Yet the little town has far less residents, since the monsters of the Everfree have taken a liking to harassing the locals. The Mane Six returned to New Ponyville, well two did... Rarity had her business and her little sister and Applejack has her orchard and family, Rainbow and Fluttershy both moved to a field and made a large cloud house, the rest have moved to Canterlot. Luna became depressed due to the loss of William, but after two months she hid away the feelings and became the old Princess of the Night. Celestia found a place for the little white filly to live, a loving unicorn couple.

Swift was promoted to Captain and serves under Shining Armor as his second in command, he was a born strategist and created more formations to combat large foes. Violet created a platoon within the Lunar Guard, giving them the nickname: Captain's Loyal. Many thought it was a selfish act to name a platoon that, but only a few know it's a sign of silent respect for the fallen Captain. Few of the many stories are true, but one stands out: The First Encounter.


"Oh come on, Uncle Swift, that's just a myth!" A young colt said.

"Yeah! Everypony knows the First Enconder is fake!" A young filly yelled and pouted.

The unicorn just chuckled and smiled at his two grandchildren, his eyes glinting with joy.

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong! I really did happen, I was there." Swift said and was about to recount his story when a head poked in from around the corner of a doorway.

"Hun? There's somepony here to see you." His wife said in a cheerful tone, Swift grumbled as he stood and trotted past the disappointed children. But when the unicorn opened the front door, his face fell slightly. Outside was a pair of guards, a Lunar Guard and Royal Guard.

"Captain Swift Quiz, the Princesses request your presence at the Castle." The Lunar Guard mare stated, Swift blinded in confusion.

"T-the Princesses? Like right now?" The unicorn asked and the pegasus Royal Guard nodded.

"Yes, as they put it "We require an old friend, immediately."" The Royal Guard stated and the pair moved to the side to let the Captain pass. Swift thought to himself as they marched up to the Castle, about the past year. But his thoughts were cut short when the doors to the throne room were pushed open, flashbacks to the battle that marked a huge victory and loss. Swift walked down the large carpet and towards the pair of Princesses, who watched as the unicorn approached. The unicorn bowed and Celestia rose from her throne.

"Raise, Captain Swift." The Solar Princess spoke in her warm, motherly voice.

"You requested my presence, your majesty?"

"Yes, we have found the Captain." Luna stated, hiding her glee.

"You mean... it's been so long, how did you find him?" Swift asked, he saw the man get thrown from the hallway.

"Luna found him, in his dreams. He was been hiding near Griffinstone, he looks fine but... well, Luna please explain." Celestia said sheepishly.

"He was in a land of... well, a land of fog or smoke. Everything was clouded, dreams usually show something about the dreamer's surroundings." Luna said, then her face went grim. "When I found William, he attacked me. He's turned back into a beast, we plan to go and rescue him."

"We plan to ask the Elements, but we want your answer first. Will you join us?"

Swift thought long and hard, about his family, about his wife and then about William. Finally the Captain looked up, determination clear on his face.

"Let's bring back our Captain."

Author's Note:

Ah, feels good to finish this story. But then again it feels wrong to finish it, then again there's clearly a sequel so that's that problem solved. Anyway, I thank everyone who's followed this story, I thank everyone who've I talked with and I thank the academy- wait, whoops :trollestia:

I'm probably sounding so dramatic, but I've really worked hard on this story, it's been like a baby to me, keeping me up at night.

But to end it off, I want to ask... do you want a sequel? I mean, do you want one, I know I do but I want to know if you do. I want to always listen to my readers, sometimes I can't and sometimes I can.

Well that's all she wrote...

Mr BHunt signing out

P.s who hates Darkeater Midir as much as I do? I'm on NG+6 on my main and I've just left the scaly bastard after sending him off the bridge, I'm scared to go back and attempt to kill him. :fluttercry:

Comments ( 10 )

Fee fum fi fo
I smell the blood of beasts, to and fro

8210013
Shite! I was rushing on certain parts, must've missed them. :fluttercry:

8380946
I wish I found it sooner

8381006
It's fine, no biggie, just a happy accident

8383040
Hmm, the nickname 'sponge head' could be given to a certain dragon in the last dark souls game.

8383094
I still haven't beaten midir, that piece of trash is only second to Dark Souls 2 at the moment.

8385032
No the other dragon.

Midir is more like a... brick head than a sponge head.

8385093
Mmm... Ancient Dragon? No, Ancient Wyvern, right?
Been a while since I've seen a dragon besides Sinh, which was a pain

8388979
It's the storm drake!

8390181
Damn, so close yet so far.

Login or register to comment