• Published 27th Jan 2017
  • 2,017 Views, 112 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Story of the Lone changeling (Choice driven story) - Outlaw the Changeling



Follow the story of the Lone Changeling as he ventures through the wastelands in search of his past, as well as help a little filly find her family.

  • ...
3
 112
 2,017

Chapter Six: Shrouded Memories (Neutral Karma)

"I think I'll take Gilda. I wanna get through this with without conflict if at all possible." I said. In my peripheral vision, I see Apple Bloom's ears flop down.

"Something wrong kiddo?" I asked. Apple Bloom looked up in sadness.

"Nothin' it's just that... Ah wanted to come with you." She said. Now I felt a bit guilty. I mean sure, I thought about bringing her, but what if something goes wrong? I don't want to put her in any unnecessary danger. Or any danger period for that matter. But from what heard alone, these 'Demon's Virus' ponies are a force to be reckoned with. Bringing Apple Bloom wouldn't be the smartest idea.

I lower myself down to her height.

"Sorry Apple Bloom, but it's too dangerous for you to come with me." I said.

"Could ya at least rest first? I wouldn't want you to get tired." Apple Bloom said. Man she really did want me to stay with her for a little longer. We kind of did need the rest. I didn't exactly preserve my strength after my little run in with the Hellhound and the Slavers, so a little rest wouldn't hurt.

"You know what? That's not a bad idea." I said. I look at Gilda and Fancy Pants. I needed to clarify before actually resting.

"We've been through some pretty tough events. Believe me, we need it." I clarified. Gilda nodded.

"Understandable, it's wiser to go at night anyway." Fancy Pants said. I nodded. I then whistled and got Soarin's attention. I then walk over towards him.

"Come on buddy, we need some rest. Gilda and I will be heading into dangerous territory, so you, Fancy Pants and Apple Bloom are gonna stay here. Okay?" I asked. Soarin had a bit of a dumbfounded look on his face. He was confused for some reason.

"You alright?" I asked. He shook his head a little.

"It's nothing it's just... You called me buddy." He said. I raised an eyebrow. Now I was confused; why was that confusing for him?

"Yea, I did. We're friends aren't we?" I asked. Soarin seemed to look off in disbelief. Was it something I said?

"Was it something I said?" I asked. I didn't mean to ask that out loud, but that seemed to do the trick.

"No, but it's been a while since I had someone call me buddy or friend. Especially someone who I almost got captured by the same ponies who enslaved me. I just wasn't expecting you to be so forgiving about that situation." He said. I smirked at that.

"Oh don't get all sappy about it." I said sarcastically. Soarin smirked a little, indicating he appreciated my little joke. "Come on, Let's get Scarlet in the train." I said. Soarin nods and picks up Scarlet Blossom, placing her on his back. For some reason, she didn't wrap her hooves around his neck and hold onto him like she did me. She just laid there. I paid that no mind and just picked the box up and placed it onto my back.

This box was not, in the slightest, heavy. Soarin was either pretty weak, or didn't have enough to eat while he was a slave. Either way, this wasn't heavy. Speaking of eating, has Apple Bloom eaten since we left? Wait... did Soarin even eat?

I look over to see Soarin stop at the train entrance, and Fancy Pants using magic to help Scarlet into the train, as well as Gilda grabbing the hind hooves and helping Fancy Pants carry her off. I walk up to Soarin and pull out the rest of the Golden Dandy Apples that Apple Bloom left me. I tapped Soarin on the shoulder with them. He turns to see the box.

"I'm not sure if you ate, but here you go." I said. He looks at me with another confused look. Seriously, how many confused looks am I gonna receive?

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine."

I would still like to know why it's been three days, plus the two weeks I've been in a coma, and I still haven't found the urge to swallow whole the first thing I saw.

"Um, Okay. Thanks." He said. He took the apples and began to munch on a few.

I climb inside the train and whistle for Dogmeat. Who runs toward me happily. I smirk.

"Come on boy, It's time to rest." I said. Dogmeat whimpered a little.

"What's the matter boy? Not tired."

Dogmeat barks. I start to think. What could Dogmeat do if he's not tired.

"There's a sleeping car right up in front if you wanna rest there. Your filly is already there waiting for you." Fancy Pants said. Now it was my turn to shoot a confused glance.

"You're not going to sleep?"

"I'm keeping watch." Fancy Pants said. A little light bulb goes off in my head. Looks like Dogmeat has got something to do.

"Think Dogmeat could come with you and also keep watch. He's got some energy left, and makes a great guard dog. Isn't that right Dogmeat?" I asked. Dogmeat barks in acknowledgement.

"Sounds good. I could use an extra nose since you nearly busted Gilda's." Fancy Pants said.

"I heard that." Gilda said, making the two of us chuckle.

"Go on Dogmeat." I said. Dogmeat walks over to Fancy Pants and the two then walked in the car I encountered them in. I walk to the car in front of me which was to the right of the car that was opened from the side.

I open the door and saw a bunch of seating areas. The sleeping car must've been the next one. I walk over to the car, and of course, I was in the sleeping car.

The car had a total of six beds. All of which were bunk beds. Apple Bloom was sitting on the one next to the door, on the left.

"Nightshade!" She called happily.

"Hey Apple Bloom." I said. I walk in front of the bed and take out a bag labeled, 'Fuji apple slices' and give them to her. She takes them and began to eat. She once again offers me some. Not wanting to go through the whole 'I'm not hungry' thing again, I take them and began to them.

I won't lie, the apples were good. But I only stopped at three slices. I still wanted Apple Bloom to have some.

"You can have the rest. I'm not that hungry." I said.

"But ya only ate three."

Oh no, here we go again.

"Believe me Apple Bloom. I'm not hungry, I'll be fine." I said. Apple Bloom then proceeds to put some more back into the back and give it to me. I let out a sigh and put the bag back into the satchel. I proceed to walk off to get into another bed.

"Nightshade?" I heard Apple Bloom call. I turn back around and walk back to her.

"Yes?" I asked. Apple Bloom looked off to the side. I could tell something was wrong. If it's PTSD, I'm ready to help, but I really hope it's not.

"I need tah talk to you." She said. I nodded, ready to listen. She scooted over, indicating she wanted me to sit next to her, Which I did. But given my height, I couldn't sit underneath the bed. Instead, I had to sit with my hind hooves off the side of the bed. I have no idea what I was sitting like, but I did know two things. One: It wasn't like a pony, or Changeling. Two: It wasn't natural. For quadrupeds like me at least. Maybe creatures with two legs would have better luck sitting like this.

"What's on your mind?" I asked. She began to fiddle with her hooves a little. I sit waiting to listen.

"Ah was thinking about my family." Apple Bloom started. My heart dropped right there. I didn't say anything and just let her continue.

"an' ah was wonderin'. What if they aren't there?" She asked.

"Then we could look for more clues until-"

"No, ah don't mean not there as in they moved location. Ah mean-... ah mean-" Her words began to choke up.

Uh no. She thinks they might be dead doesn't she? This can't be good.

"Apple Bloom? Do you think something bad happened to your family?" I asked. Apple Bloom looked at me with a tearful expression. I wrap my left hoof around her and pull her to my side.

"What if they're gone Nightshade? What if ah can never see them again? What if-" The tears began to fall. I use my other hoof to hug her close.

"Shh. It's okay Apple Bloom. I understand you're worried." I comforted.

"What am ah gonna do if they're gone Nightshade? *sniffle* What if this entire time we've been looking, something already got to'em?" She asked. Oh boy, this was gonna be hard. I'm not to sure if her brother, sister, or cousin is still alive either. But I can't let her go on like this. Everything was gonna be okay.

"Everything is gonna be okay Apple Bloom." I said. Apple Bloom's crying began to reduce. "You're family is strong Apple Bloom. I know they are because you're strong. This wasteland isn't enough to bring us down, and neither are the things in it. We can find them Apple Bloom." I said.

"B-but what if we do, and they're gone?" She asked. Not a question I wanted her to ask, nor was it one I was ready to answer. But... here goes nothing.

"You've still got me Apple Bloom. If by some random chance, your family is gone, I will take care of you. I'm not experienced when it comes to foals, but I'll do my best. But don't lose faith." I said. I knew it was a shot in the dark, but I'm telling the truth. She stops crying, but still looked at me sad.

"Apple Bloom. I'm gonna tell you this now. Life isn't fair. Some ponies made it to the Stables, others suffered the blast. Some creatures are strong enough to survive, others don't get far. Sometimes you make the right choices and things go wrong." I said. Flashback of what happened at Borderville, Wolfwaters and Havoc hit me like a truck. Three times where my good intentions ended badly. "But that's just the way the world works. We can't let that drag us down. We're gonna find your family Apple Bloom. We just need to do two things: Have faith, and don't stop moving. Okay?" I asked. Apple Bloom's sad face soon went into a small smile as she nodded.

"Thank you." She said.

"No problem. Now if you need anything, I'm in the bed in front of you. Okay?" I asked.

"Okay." She said. I get out of the bed and walk over to the other bed right across from Apple Bloom's bed.

"Nightshade?" She called. I turned to her.

"Yes?" I asked ready to listen to anything else.

"Ah didn't know my father all that well, but ah wish you were him." She said. I felt my chest warm up. She saw me as her father. Even though I'm only nineteen, she saw me as her father. I'm flattered that's for sure, but I'm younger than her actual brother.

"So, you wish I was your father? But I'm only nineteen." I said with a smirk.

"So? You're still acting a lot like a father would, and doing a lot more than an older brother." She said.

"Well if that's the case, I'm proud to call you my daughter." I said. Apple Bloom smiled.

"Thank you." She said.

"Get some rest Apple Bloom, we had a long day." I informed.

"Okay. Goodnight Nightshade."

"Goodnight Apple Bloom." I said as I got into my bed and laid down. My eyes began to close. And I sleep with a smile, knowing Apple Bloom was gonna be alright. And That's something I can sleep to.


I find myself waking up behind a some kind of rock. Out of curiosity, I peek out over the rock, revealing that I was on some kind of cliff. I also see a white unicorn stallion with a yellow mane wearing some kind of tan jacket and a black military cap. He had something strapped to his side, and in his hoof was a walkie-talkie. He also face the other way, so it was easy for me to sneak up on him. I don't know why, but some reason, I knew he was an enemy.

In my right hoof was some kind of strapping holding a blade.

"I'm at my post Colonel. I'll check back in ten minutes, over and out." He said into the walkie-talkie. I then find myself walking towards him and drawing my blade. I grab him by his mouth with my free hoof, and bring the other across to slit his throat. He died silently as I slowly lowered him to the ground. Upon allowing him to land I look towards a cave, leading to where I was.

"All clear!" I silently shouted. Who was I talking to?

"Right then, move in!" A voice said from the dark cave. Seconds later two silhouettes emerged from the cave. One of them was the red eyed griffon from my dream in Borderville, the other one was a unicorn stallion with light blue eyes. He wore some kind of metal power armor. This must've been the power armor Bacardi talked about. The Steel Rangers were they? On his side was a bolt action sniper.

He takes the sniper off of his side and aims off the cliff. The griffon takes off the weapon that was strapped to the dead unicorn's side. The weapon was some kind of Smg with a wooden stock, handle and under barrel. It kind of looked like a weapon from centuries ago.

I walk next to the sniper and look off into the distance to see the canyon.

"Paladin-Commander, what do you see?" I asked. Paladin-Commander? Was that a rank? It sounded like a high rank that an officer would have. What was this high ranking officer doing with me?

"I see a bunker and a tank at the far end of the canyon. F.S.R's got the place really well guarded." The unicorn said. F.S.R? Was that the Fallen Star Republic Bacardi told me about? What are they doing here, and why am I here too? And what am I wearing?

I hadn't noticed, but I seemed to be wearing a tan T-shirt, with a matching battle saddle. The battle saddle had two drum mag smgs attached on both sides and Last Words strapped to my back. I also had less hair, hidden behind some kind of desert cap with a hole in it for my horn, as well as a scarf around my neck. I was probably reliving a memory from years ago, but since I'm only nineteen now, at least that's what the holotape said my age was, how many years ago was this?

"Can you see a way in?" I asked. I see the stallion aim to the left.

"Yea. There's an opening at the foot of the cliff." The stallion said looking at me. He had a very familiar mane style. It sort of looked like how mine is now. I guess this was where I got the inspiration from.

"Alright, tell your troops to regroup with us there." I instructed. Was I the leader behind whatever's going on?

"You got it."

My vision fades to black and within seconds it's regained. For some reason, I heard distant gunfire. Looks like the party started early. There were armed ponies, griffons and zebras around. Some wearing power armor, others what I was wearing.

My vision immediately locks onto a stallion that surprisingly enough, wasn't a silhouette. He was a dark grey unicorn wearing the same power armor as the silhouette stallion from the cliff. He also donned a white mane. Why was he such a vivid description? As a matter of fact, the pony from the cliff edge had a description, and so did most of the creatures down here. There were only three silhouettes down here. A griffon, a unicorn stallion and a pegasus mare. This one had gentle greenish-blue eyes and her mane went down the right side of her face and behind her left ear. She had a saddle on with a red cross sign. She must be a medic cause she was wrapping bandages around a pony's leg.

"Alright comrades!" The dark grey unicorn shouted. Wow. That was a commanding voice. He must've been the general or something. "We've got a new bloody tank to send back to hell!" He said. Some of the soldiers started running towards the gunfire.

I took the time to notice, I wasn't as tall as the power armor wearing silhouette next to me. This made me think, because I'm pretty tall. Was Bacardi only pulling my tail when he told me I was as tall as a Steel Ranger in power armor, or did this really take place a few years in my past? Okay, I'm officially curious, how old am I?

"We hear their communications will radar fellow troops and cause them to close into the area! We've gotta put put a stop to them!" He commanded. I nodded and ran out of the opening the silhouette unicorn talked about earlier. I looked behind me to see the silhouette unicorn and griffon behind me, followed by a random Steel Ranger. He or she had his or her helmet on, as did a lot of the Steel Rangers. So I can't see what the pony looks like.

I revert my vision forward to see two Steel Rangers running toward what looked like a run down village. That's when I heard a whistling sound in the air. A sound I've heard before in a previous dream. The two Rangers were killed when a green nuke shaped explosive hit the ground between them. I then began to fire into the village as I advanced. I hid behind a wall when I got close enough and hugged my side against it as I moved to the right side of the wall.

Before I reached the right side, I see another Ranger advancing. This ranger was running were I was about to go. That was until a bullet from the location he was headed went through the helmet and into his head kept that from happening.

The culprit, a brown earth pony, comes around the corner and attempts to fire at another Ranger. 5 bullets to his right side stopped that plan. I move closer and peek out. I hear a launch sound from my left, followed quickly by the same whistle sound, and an explosion. Whoever was firing those explosives was definitely around the corner.

I see a few more of the F.S.R soldiers running my way. I jump out from my spot and fire my Smgs, killing the 7 running this way. I see a doorway like opening to the left, and upon looking in that direction, I see a griffon getting ready to launch what looked like a shoulder mounted nuking machine. I'm very sure a rocket launcher looked different than what I was seeing right now.

It seemed like his attention as well as his teammate's attention were focused on the soldiers shooting from the foot of the cliff. Let's fix that.

"Hey!" I shouted. The total of four, plus the griffon looked at me. I bit down on my mouthpiece, filling them with bullets.

As they fell to the ground, I ran toward the mini nuke launcher and observe it. There was something written on the side.

B.E.L Launcher? What did the acronym stand for?

*Ba-doom*

Oh shit.

Instinctively, I duck down. I then smiled smoke as well as a whistling sound.

I hear another explosion and more screaming. I look over the wall I was behind and I see a medium sized tank. This could mean some bad news for my allies.

... Unless.

I lifted the B.E.L launcher with my hooves and aimed at the tank. That's when I noticed that it looked as if it fired at an angle. This was at the same time that the tank had noticed me. I quickly aimed up a little more and used my magic to pull the trigger and launched it. The tank fires at me.

The missile got very close to my face, before everything just stopped. Was I in S.A.T.S again? It's been a while since I... wait, where is the targeting sequence.

Suddenly, everything went dark. Pitch black. I couldn't even see my own hoof. I try to use the PipBuck lamp, but it wasn't on my hoof. How am I gonna see anything? And what exactly was it I saw? Was it a dream or another memory?

"The answer to that will be arriving soon."

Who was that? It sounded like a mare and she could apparently read my thoughts. Why does she sound so familiar?

"Because I too am a part of your past. But that is not why I am here."

Then why are you here? If not to help me regain the memories of past, then what?

"Because I need to warn you. This is a matter of urgency."

Well what is it?

A light began to glow to my right. Instinctively, I began to walk towards towards the light. Upon getting close, I see a dark blue unicorn step half of her body into the light. She had teal colored eyes, and a glowing blue translucent mane.

"Do you remember me?" She asked. I was about to shake my head no, but there was a flash to my left. I flinch and look of to the left and I see flashes. In the flashes, I see bloody version myself standing over a dark blue bloodied alicorn, firing in a direction that bullets were flying from. The Alicorn looked a lot like the unicorn in front of me. More flashes happened and I couldn't make a lot of it out. Out of all the flashes, I could only make out three pictures. One was of me shooting a hippogriff in the hind leg; another was of me stabbing an power armor wearing pony in the neck, and the last one was of a me attempting to revive somepony that was nearly dead. A pony that was profusely bleeding. The flashes stopped and I held my head, trying to process what I just saw.

"What's going on? Who are you?" I asked. I need answers, and I need them now.

"I.." She stepped into the light revealing that she also had wings. She was an Alicorn.

"..am Princess Luna. The ruler of the night. And my warning to you, your past is trying to come back to become a burden. Do not let it"

What is that suppose to mean?

The ground rumbled around me. I was waking up it seemed. It was time anyway. This was too much for me to handle.


I woke up with a need to control my breathing. I tried my best not to breathe to loud and wake up Apple Bloom. I manage and calm myself down. That was when I realized I was being cuddled, and it wasn't Apple Bloom, or Dogmeat. It was Scarlet.

She had me an a strong gripped hug with her head under my chin as she laid on top of me. Was there a purpose as to why she was doing this? I didn't notice how tall he was when she was before. She was nearly as tall and big as me.

I tap her side in order to wake her up. She nuzzled my chin as she woke up. She had silver eyes. Unusual, but nice.

"Good Morning lover." She said. Why is she referring to me as lover? Is this what Soarin meant by crazy for anyone who buys her? This could be a problem. Despite the fact that it was nighttime, I wasn't gonna be rude.

"Um... it's nighttime, but good morning." I said. She smiled.

"I'm glad you're awake. Soarin told me that your the new stallion in our lives. I just decided to make a good first impression, and I must say, you are a very handsome changeling. I hope we do this again lover." She said nuzzling under my chin again. I've got things to do, so I'm not gonna waste any time.

"Could you get off of me please?" I asked.

"Of course lover." She said. She lets me go and gets off of the bed. I get out of the bed too, and I look over at Apple Bloom, who was still asleep. I let out a sigh and looked back at Scarlet.

"Alright Scarlet. I have to leave right now to get some coal for the train. Gilda's coming with me, so you should stay here." I clarified. She shoots me a sad look.

"You're leaving me already? But you just woke up lover."

Not exactly how I met to put it. Whoops.

"Well, yes, but it'll only be temporary. You think you can stay here and keep the train safe?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"Of course I can, but don't expect it to be so easy to get out of my sight next time lover." She said with a smile and wink. As she walked off I noticed that she had a double barrel shotgun attached to her side. How long had that been there, and how did I not notice it before?

"Are you enjoying the view lover?" She asked. This made me go red faced, because as I was staring at the gun, I was oblivious to the fact that it was so close to her rump, that it could easily be confused with me looking there. So, not only does she have Solar Kisses' looks, but also had her teasing antics. Thank heavens she wasn't wearing socks, or the horrors, panties.

"Sorry about that." I said.

"It's alright lover. You can come play with it if you want." She said adding with a shake. My face heated up like a campfire in the middle of the night, and I'm pretty sure my cheeks were as red as Apple Bloom's mane.

"Not now Scarlet."

Or ever.

I then heard Scarlet giggle.

"You know, you're even more handsome when your face is red like that." She said. Okay I need to leave now. If my face gets any redder, I'll explode.

"I hate to cut this conversation short (No I don't), but I've gotta go." I said. I didn't know a more polite way to say it. She simply smiles.

"Okay lover. Come back soon. And if there's anything I can do for you... or *slight giggle* to you. Just let me know." And with that, she continues walking away. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door. I stopped there and wait for my face to change back to its normal color. Upon feeling my cheeks temperature drop, I open the door.

"N-nightshade?" Apple Bloom called. I look at her and she had her back to me. She looks at me, not moving the rest of her body.

"Yea Apple Bloom?" I asked.

"You headin' out?"

"Yes. Don't worry I'll be back."

"Are ya sure, Ah can't *Long Yawn* come with you?"

"Afraid not Apple Bloom. It's too dangerous for a filly to come along. I don't want anything to happen to you." I said. Apple Bloom yawns again and looks at me with tired eyes.

"When well you be back?"

"I don't know, but I'll try not to take long. Try to get some sleep okay?" I asked.

"Okay." Apple Bloom said. I leaned in and kissed Apple Bloom's forehead.

"Sleep well kiddo."

And with that I left the sleeping car and entered the open cargo car. I saw Dogmeat sitting next to Soarin and Fancy Pants sleeping on a floor mattress. Soarin had the SMG under his wing. Smart; not obvious he had the gun on him, and if trouble's afoot, he could swiftly put it in his mouth and pull the trigger. Which reminds me, I've gotta teach Apple Bloom more on firearms when I get back.

"Hey Soarin." I said. He looks at me and waves.

"Hey Nightshade. Gilda's outside ready to head out." Soarin informed.

"Alright, thanks." I then look at Dogmeat. "Alright boy, keep everything in order while I'm gone okay?"

Dogmeat barks in acknowledgement. I continue to get out of the train. I looked at my PipBuck and saw the time was 3:21 am. Perfect time for a stealing-coal-from-a-bunch-of-ponies-that-could-easily-turn-me-into-a-buffet operation.

As I looked to the south, I saw Gilda waiting for me with the black bandana still around around her neck. She looked up, and noticed me.

"All right, you ready to go?" She asked.

"Not gonna get to Blackridge standing here." I replied with a smirk. We then began to walk south to the dangerous mission ahead of us.


Gilda and I have been walking for about ten minutes. It was a quiet ten minutes, so I was a little bored. The railway facility wasn't that far, but it also wasn't that close, so small talk wouldn't be so bad.

"Hey Gilda?" I called. She looked at me.

"Yea?"

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your story?"

She shot me an unsure look.

"Really? That's a bit of a personal topic don't you think?"

Okay, persuasion time.

"What if I promised to keep it a secret? Cross my heart, that sort of deal?" I asked. She chuckled a little and rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I guess I can trust you."

Ha. Plus one charisma for me.

"I was the daughter of an old, grizzled mercenary named Gideon. He was the leader of a Mercenary group known as the Talon Company."

Okay, how many Mercenary groups are there? I've got the Hunter Confederacy tracking me down, I'm on somewhat good terms with the Red phoenix Mercs. These guys gonna be the neutral type. Not messing with me unless I provoke them or someone pays for me to die.

And from the name, the group probably only allowed or only consisted of griffins.

"Talon Company?"

"Yep. A group of ruthless griffins that'll do any job for the right price. And they are not friendly."

Well that's something that'll keep my muzzle close to the mouthpiece.

"That's comforting." I commented.

"They weren't always like that. They just turned that way after my dad retired. Some griffin, Gina, took charge and turned him into the corrupted Talons we know today."

Still something that's gonna have me checking my six every five seconds.

"Okay. Good Mercs gone ruthless due to the reasonable leader stepping into retirement. Sounds legit, right?" Gilda asked.

"Yep." I said. I look at my map and saw we had a little more way to go before reaching the railway facility. I looked up, and I could actually see it in the distance. It was still far though, so a little more small talk wouldn't hurt.

"So, how did you and Fancy Pants meet?" I asked. Those two definitely had a story there, and I'd like to know it.

"Believe it or not, I tried to rob him."

I know I'm wrong for admitting this, but she did strike me as the type to try and do that. But she also struck me as the type to only do so when despite.

"Is it wrong that I do believe that?" I asked. She shot me a glare.

"Yes asshole. You are wrong. But yea; about a month after I turned 24 and left Griffonstone, that's spelled with an o not an i, Griffinstone with an i is the Talon Company base Alpha. I grew very hungry. 100% my fault for not packing enough food to last me a week. So as I was walking through the wasteland, I catch a whiff of Fancy Pants cooking an iguana on a stick.

Okay, I think I know where this is going. Also, Ponies eat meat too? Can't say I'm surprised; I'm literally on my way to steal from cannibalistic ponies right now.

"I was blinded by hunger, that asking was not a risk I could take, so I grabbed a dusty old knife and I snuck up behind him and brought the knife to his throat and threatened him death if he didn't give me the food." Gilda said. I remembered when Fancy Pants said, 'They must've thought that because I'm the gentlestallion type that I would be easy prey.' I'm guessing Gilda fell victim to that too.

"So as you already know, it didn't end well for me."

"Well, It kind of did. You're still alive, so it couldn't have ended that badly." I said.

"Does being slugged in the temple with the butt of a pump action shotgun count not ending badly?"

So Fancy Pants hit her with a levitating something up behind you trick basically? I'm gonna make a mental note to myself to not fall for that trick under any circumstances. That's too embarrassing.

"Only if the perpetrator doesn't kill you, and also becomes a good friend." I said, smirking once again.

"Touche."

Ha ha. Point Nightshade.

"Well let me tell you what I wasn't expecting, besides to wake up at all. To wake up, wrapped in a blanket with a bowl of lukewarm noodles next to me ready when I woke up."

I wouldn't expect to see that either. Especially if I attempted to robbed someone.

"That's a very interesting way to meet, I'll admit. But I'm glad we did meet. I think I would've died if it wasn't for him." Gilda thanked. I smiled before looking forward to see that we were roughly around 100 feet from the railway facility. It was a very well built settlement. It had shanty houses, a nice fire to keep things warm, and some...... oh you gotta be kidding me.

They had improvised sniper towers looking out to the outskirts of their town. And spotlights.

"We're here." I said. Gilda stopped and looked at the entrance. Her face then matched mine in disbelief.

"Well, there goes that idea. Now what?" Gilda said. I looked around for an alternative and next to me was a gate that was the entrance to an underground tunnel. Whether or not that could lead to the railway facility is a complete flip of the coin, but the plan was better than nothing.

"How about we go underground?" I asked. Gilda looks at me, and I point at the entrance of the underground tunnel. She puts two and two together.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go." She said. I walked to the gate and opened it, allowing Gilda to go in first. I the close the gate and follow her in. There were stairs we had to walk down. Gilda was ahead of me and was almost at the bottom of the stairs. That was until my eyes trailed down and saw a tripwire. Instinct told me to grab Gilda, and I made sure to follow it.

I grabbed Gilda by the tail and stop her. She looked at me angrily.

"Hey what gives!" She angrily, but silently shouted.

"Tripwire. Bottom of the stairs." I whispered. She looks at the bottom of the stairs and saw what I was talking about.

"Oh shit, thanks." She said. We both then carefully step over the tripwire and see what the tripwire would've triggered. A bunch of grenades attached to a string hanging from the ceiling. We would've been so screwed if that went off. One way or another.

"Okay, so now we've gotta watch out for traps, and the Demon's Virus members. Shouldn't be too hard." I said sarcastically.

"If only things were as easy as you make them sound." Gilda commented. We continued into the underground subway. We soon found ourselves on a balcony that overlooked the railroad underground. There was an escalator we could use to go down, but I was suspicious. The only taste of security that I've seen so far down here were the tripwire grenades. Things were a little too quiet.

"Something wrong?" Gilda asked.

"Things are a bit too quiet. Stay here." I said as I walked toward the escalator.

"What? Why?"

"Shh." I said as I walked down the escalator. I made my ears twitch in order to pick up anything that sounded like a threat. But there was nothing even sounded like a hoof step. I reached the bottom and my suspicions continued. That's when I walked towards the tunnel.

*Growling hiss*

I knew it!

I turn my head towards the growling hiss to see some kind of pony running towards me like he wanted to rip my head off. I quickly take the machete out of my battle saddle pouch and got ready. Before the pony could get with a foot of me, he was snagged by something. It took me the three seconds the pony was on the ground to not only notice that it had a collar around his neck that was attached to a chain. But the pony, was barely a pony. It lacked a mane and coat, and looked like a decaying corpse. Is this what Dawn described as a feral ghoul?

It got up and kept trying to charge me, but that chain wasn't about to budge. It kept screeching and growling. I backed away a little.

"Hey! What's got the feral all riled up!"

"Don't know. Let's find out."

Shit, shit, shit. I gotta hide and fast.

"Nightshade, are you-" Gilda said as she came down the escalator. I ran back to the base of the steps and look at her.

"Hide!" I shouted in a whisper. I run up the stairs and gesture Gilda to do the same. As Gilda backed away from the stairs, I reached the top of the stairs and look over the opposite side of the balcony and see two earth ponies walking towards the feral. The feral attempted to charge them, but the chain was preventing that.

"What's got you all panicky bud?" One of them asked.

"I think he smells food." The other replied. I look to the left and see Gilda looking at me in a way that said 'What do we do?'

I do the stay low gesture with my hoof. Gilda nods and began to back up. I look over the balcony in order to see what they were doing.

*Clink, ting*

I duck down and immediately snap my vision over to Gilda and saw a that she had knocked over a glass bottle. The next thing I here is a growling screech come from the ghoul.

"Someone must be up there." One of them said. Causing me to hold my breath.

"Alright! Dinner time!" The other said.

Okay, now would be a good time to run. I look forward and saw another part of the subway station, in the opposite direction in which we came in. That's when a began to silently, but quickly, make my way over there.

"Come on!" I silently whispered to Gilda as I sped past. She quickly follows me as we ran to the next part of the subway. I came across a door, and instinct told me to go through it. As I went through the door, I didn't hear a delay in the door closing, which means that Gilda wasn't behind me. Oh, this could be bad news.

I run down a hallway and come across another door. I use my magic to open the door and run into the room. That's was when I slipped on something and crashed into the floor into some kind of liquid. I push my upper half off of the ground and have a look around. I soon see that the room was a terrible sight.

Not only was did the room have the skeletons of ponies everywhere, but blood was also all over the place. On the walls, on the ceiling, and on the floor. I now had blood on my chest, chin, and hooves.

What the hell is wrong with these ponies!? I get that the wasteland causes you to do, say, or eat questionable things to survive, but this... this is wasn't right.

"What the... What the fuck." That was all I could say. In this situation, who could blame me? If I'm ever so low on food that this is what I have to resort to, I'd be better off with a bullet in my head. Hopefully, that would put me out of my misery instead of another memory loss.

*Clip, clop. Clip, clop. *

"I think he ran in here!"

"Why would you announce that you idiot?! If he is in there he's probably setting a trap!"

I heard two voices say. I gotta say, I agree with the second guy. Announcing you think I might be in a specific room? That's the equivalent of saying 'Hey! I know you're in there, so I'm giving you time to set a trap!'

"If he's down here, he can't be that smart."

Really? Okay, I'll show you who isn't that smart. I look around the room, looking for something I could use here. I already had a machete, so what else could I use to my advantage.

My eyes fixated on a pool cue that was leaning against a counter. On top of the counter was a large pistol resting next to a pillow. I use my magic to pick up the pistol and the pillow. The pistol had a rather unique design as it was red, black, white and gold with a triangular barrel and large muzzle. I took out the magazine and saw that there were no bullets in it. So I pulled the barrel back just enough to see that there was a bullet in the chamber, good. I then get up and move my way behind the island in the middle of the room. Right as the door opened.

"~Hello. Anyone here?" A voice asked. I hear the hoof steps of two ponies, implying that both of them were in the room. This could be a problem, I've gotta think of something fast.

"We're not-.... I'm not looking for trouble, come out and we'll let you leave."

The second one sounded sane to say the least, but his partner definitely ruined things for both of them.

"Come on, there's no need to hide, all you're doing is racking up my predatory instincts. Come on out."

If that voice was suppose to scare me, it wasn't doing it's job. If anything, it was making me angry. And his partner's lack of control over him made it clear that they had no intentions of letting me walk out of here. I move myself to the right as the hoofsteps got closer, taking the pillow and the pistol with me. I peek over the island to see a white earth pony walking into another part of the room, and a lime green earth pony looking at the counter.

"Hmm, the prey has taken the pistol, now he's on the hunt."

I've got an idea now

I used my magic to levitate the pillow behind this psychopath's head, slowly moving the pistol behind the pillow.

"Now it's a battle between hunters. Who becomes the prey?"

In one quick motion, I use the pillow to pin the stallion to the counter and quickly press the pistol's barrel against the pillow. Then I pulled the trigger.

*Bang.*

That was still loud, but not as loud as the pistol could've been. The other one still heard it though.

"Psycho? What happened?"

Why was this guy named.... Nevermind.

I quickly grabbed the pool cue and as the second one started to run back into the room. Upon seeing the first hoof, I swing. Hitting his elbow with enough force to hear a blood curdling Crack!. He falls face first onto the floor, and before he could do anything else, I drove the pool cue though the back of his neck, which killed him. I release the pool cue and picked up the empty pistol.

"You are on powerful pistol, I'm gonna keep you." I said. I looked at the handle to see cards on it. Three Aces and two kings, and a name underneath it.

Full House.

"Alright Full House, welcome to the group." I said. Funny, I was calling the cannibal a psycho, yet here I am talking to an empty gun as if it was a creature. Strange world I live in.


I exit the room and look around to see if anyone was around. That gun was pretty loud, even with the pillow to suppress it. But then again, guns with suppressors aren't that quiet either. Especially in an echo-y area like this.

There was no one around. So far. Now where the heck is Gilda? I wasn't gonna call her name, because that's an announcement of my arrival.

So instead, I walked out and went were I suspected she went. As I walked I came across another door. I cautiously open it and peek inside.

"Gilda, you- "

*BANG*

That came from a different room. What just happened in there?

"What was that?" Someone else's voice said.

*BANG*

What the hell! Who's shooting-.... Oh crud, I think I'm starting to regret giving Gilda that magnum.

"HEY!" I hear a to my right. I look to see a couple of ponies, both stallions and mares. One of them then shot at me, which I manage to dodge by ducking at the very last second. I quickly dash into the room and run through the hallway. I once again come across another another door, and I couldn't open the door with my magic in time; I was running too fast.

Instead, I crashed through the door, swinging it open, only to hear a thump as I enter the room. I look down to see an orange pegasi with a lime green Mohawk mane wearing, yet again, spiky armor.

I look behind me and see a unicorn mare aim at me with a pistol at me. I quickly dive to side, causing the mare to miss me and hit the stallion, who was standing back up, instead.

I hit the ground, front hooves first. That somehow activated my PipBuck radio.

"Alright Everypony, We've got some music from the late forties! Dear hearts, by Charming Crescent! Enjoy one of the best classics, ever" . DJ Pon3 said. I guess some music wouldn't hurt.

*Shroom, ting*

Definitely would hurt less than a gunshot wound.

*The song starts with a few instruments*

'I love those dear hearts and gentle ponies
Who live in my home town'

I use my magic to find some kind of gun. I can't risk using my battle saddle just yet.

I manage to find a 10mm pistol. I then blindly fire into the hallway.

Because those dear hearts and gentle ponies
Will never ever let you down

The Virus members began to shoot at my gun. But, they didn't succeed. I heard two bodies drop before my gun runs out of bullets. I drop it and look around the room.

As I go trotting
On every Friday

I see a double barrel shotgun across the room. That's gonna be good for close encounters. Okay what else is in here?

I see them smile with glee
Background singers: Smile with glee

I jump out and face the ponies, biting down onto my mouthpiece, sending bullets there way. Some took cover, as others feel victim to the bullets exiting my assault rifle saddle.

I've got a dream house
I'll build there one day.

I stop shooting and run further into the room. That's when I got shot in my knee. That sent me to the ground almost immediately, but I get up quickly and hide behind a crate within the room. I look at my PipBuck to see how much health I had. 205/250 HP.

Not that I'm complaining, but what am I doing to increase my he-

*Click Clack!*

I hear a shotgun pumping. Oh not agai-

*BANG!*

It truly is
A sight to see

GAHH! Son of a-

A bunch of bullets from a shotgun take off pieces of the crates, and some bullets made there way into my right hoof, and my neck. That somehow didn't kill me, but that hurt like hell. I'm at a disadvantage right now, but not for long.

I put my muzzle on the mouthpiece and waited. I hear the shotgun pump again. I roll out from behind the crate and shoot. A lemon colored unicorn mare with a white mane was shot. She was the one with the shotgun. A lever action shotgun.

I feel so welcome each time that I return
That my happy hurt keeps laughing like a clown

As the mare dropped, the lever action shotgun was thrown into the air. I quickly use my magic to grab the shotgun and ran through and archway. Bullets missing me by inches and centimeters.

I hid around the corner and check my health again. 182/210 HP? Good enough. Not gonna waste a health potion yet. I look at the wall as the bullets from the Demon Virus members and saw someone's shadow getting closer. I move the entire gun around the corner.

I love those dear hearts and gentle ponies
who live and in my

I pull the trigger, sending off a loud bang and hearing a body drop.

Background singers: In my
Both: Hometown.

I looked in this room as I pulled the shotgun back around the corner. This room had more cover, and another door that lead back out to the subway.

*Song instrumental from the beginning plays again*

I see an alcoholic drink in a glass bottle on the ground with the bottle cap still on. I quickly pick it up. That's when I saw someone come in through the door. A Demon's virus member. I quickly attempt to shoot him, but I didn't pump the gun first.

This idiot charges at me with a knife in his mouth. Using my assault rifles, he didn't get far. I use my magic to pry the bottle cap off and take a swing. Tasted like vodka a little.

I see an ammo box, by the door. I run over there and open it, only to find out it was a mine box. Three fragmentation mines. This'll be useful. I stuff them into my bag.

Background singers: When I go trotting

I turn around to see one of them aim at me with a pistol, causing me to open the door and run out to avoid be shot.

On every Friday

I send a shell of bullets in his way, hitting him right before he could go back around the corner. I pump the shotgun again and aim at the ponies that have not yet entered the room. Before I could pull the trigger, I was shot in my side by a shotgun.

Both: I see them smile with glee

I turn my attention back to the room and on instinct, I shoot the culprit. Whom was a unicorn stallion who grabbed the double barrel shotgun I saw earlier. After doing that, the others turned there attention at me, and began shooting. That's when I ran through the halls again. I saw a sandbag wall on the right side of the hallway.

Both: I've got a dream house I'll build there one day

I dive behind the wall and pump the shotgun once again. And shoot over the wall blindly. I pump again and count how many times the gun has been shot. Five times. I'm gonna hope there's another bullet inside. Welp here goes nothing.

It truly is a sight to see

I move from behind the sandbags and go into S.A.T.S. Aiming at a dark purple mare with a flaming orange mane. I aim at her head and activated it.

Charming Crescent: I feel so welcome each time that I return

The shotgun caused a critical hit, although only two bullets hit the mare. One in the throat, and the other in between the eyes. I toss the gun away and slowly backed up.

That my happy heart keeps laughing like a clown

I bite down on the mouthpiece and began firing again, killing three more members . That's when I soon heard a click. Damn, I'm out.

Background singers: Like a clown

I run around the corner and see yet another Demon virus member. He had a meat cleaver in his mouth. I turn around to see somepony else with the same double barrel shotgun that I the last pony I killed. However, instead of in a magical aura, it was in his mouth.

Both: I love those dear hearts

The stallion with the shotgun shot, the second I dodged to the right. One of the bullets manage to get me in the shoulder, but the rest of the bullets hit the cleaver wielding stallion, taking off the right side of his face.

and gentle ponies.
Crescent: Who live and love in my home town

I buck the stallion with the shotgun in his throat.

Background singers: In my home town

I take the shotgun and shoot the stallion coming around the corner as the one I kicked in the throat began to suffocate. I'm actually glad that the stallion here, reloaded that extra bullet, I would've felt so stupid if I attempted to shoot an empty gun.

I pull out a mine and threw it next to the bodies and ran off.

Both: Those dear hears and gentle ponies
Who live.

I see a bathroom door and quickly run for it.

In my

I open the door and here a beeping sound. I enter quickly.

Hometown.

I then hear an explosion, causing me to instinctively cover my ears.

*Ending instrumental*.

I uncover my ears as the explosion died out. I peek out of the room into the hallway. All of the ponies that were after me, were killed by the mine. I'm definitely keeping the other two mines.

"Ah, always respect the classic-"

I turned the radio off. As much as I liked the song, this wasn't the time for another one. I looked at myself. I look like hammered shit. Like I just fought in WW2. Holy shit.

"Wow, that... that was exciting. Strangely. Strange but exciting."

There I am talking to myself again. I take another swing of the alcohol. I then look at the label on the bottle. Everclear.

Wait, where;s Gilda? And why was a swing of alcohol what helped me remember her?


After reloading my battle saddle, and looting the corpses of the Demon Virus members, finding around 215 caps in the process, I look around to see were Gilda ran off to.

I make my way towards another door and open it. I see another hallway leading to another door. I make my way to the door and press my ear against it. I heard heavy breathing on the other side. I slowly open the door, keeping myself close to the door to avoid someone sending a bullet towards me. There's enough holes in me as it is.

"Anyone in here?" I asked.

"N-nightshade?" I heard a weak voice ask. It was Gilda. I open the door and saw Gilda sitting next to a cage with her talon on her stomach. Blood coming out of said stomach.

I said nothing, and just pulled out a healing potion syringe and walked towards her. I stick it into her shoulder. Healing her.

"What happened?" I asked.

"That bitch over there *Points behind me* shot me while I was looking for the key." Gilda explained. I turn around to see a pegasus mare with a bullet in her left eye. Ouch. Wait, why was Gilda looking for a key?

"Gilda, why were you looking for a-" I look at the cage next to her and saw a disturbing sight. I saw a cage with a family of ponies inside. All of which were missing something.

There was a dark blue earth pony stallion with a grey mane, missing an ear; A white pegasus mare with a turquoise and blue colored mane missing a wing; A light blue earth filly with a yellow mane missing her right forehoof; and a white pegasus colt missing his left forehoof. This was disturbing to say the least. No stallion, mare, or foal was safe from these psychopaths.

"Hey, listen. We're gonna get you out of here, okay?" I asked them. They all nodded. They were all either too scared to speak or couldn't. Either way, I wasn't gonna pressure them to do so. I looked at the lock that held the cage shut. It was a padlock. If Apple Bloom where here, she could pick the lock. Or Fancy Pants could shoot the lock off. Well, I guess I have to find the key.

Or at least a screwdriver and a bobby pin.

"Hey, do you guys know who might have the key to this thing?" I asked them.

"They can't talk." I heard a female voice say. I turn my head in the direction of the voice.

"Gilda?"

"Hmm?"

"Look for something to get this lock open."

"Got it."

As Gilda looked around for something to get the lock open, I walk over to where I heard the voice. I come across another cage, this one had a dark grey worg with vivid green eyes and a muzzle mask on it's snout, and a white bat pony with a black and red mane. Her eyes were strange as one was magenta, and the other was blue. A case of heterchromia iridum. Her cutie mark was a rifle.

"Why can't they talk?" I asked in a polite manner. I want to help these guys after all.

"They had there tongues removed. Cut from their mouths to keep'em shut."

So glad Apple Bloom wasn't around to hear that. I also had to resist the urge to run out of this room and go on a rampage. But now wasn't the time. I already killed a few in a rather, less stealthy way. Why there's are no more swarming me at this point is completely behind me.

"If you're wondering if the other members heard your little firework show, be warned, they did. Just because they aren't sending a search party, doesn't mean they won't be prepared." She explained further. She walked up to the cage, that's when I noticed her front hooves weren't natural. Instead, they were cybernetic hands. Both of them. She right off the bat reminded me of Bacardi.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"The name's Silver Bullet. The asshole mutt over there is Smoke, he's the reason I'm in this mess." She said as the worg growl. I look back at the terrified family. I was gonna need all the help I could get to get them out of here, and still get that coal.

"Listen, I want to help you guys get out of here, but I need a little something in return. Okay?" I asked, looking at the family. They nod frantically. They'd do anything to get out of this hell.

"What do you need?" Silver Bullet asked.

"Up top is the rest of the train facility, there's a chance that one of the train cars has enough to get me from here to where I need to go, one major problem is, I don't think I can move a large car of coal fast enough to my destination without getting caught. So I'm gonna need some help." I explained.

"So you snuck down here to get the upper hoof and grab the train, not a bad plan." Silver Bullet said.

"It wasn't, until I realized that you can't exactly sneak off with a 10 ft train car. But there could be a way to get that train there without being shot at." I said. Silver Bullet seemed to smirk.

"I'm gonna guess you need a distraction?" She asked.

"You read my mind."

"I've got just the thing to help too." She said. I raised an eyebrow, now she had my attention. "In one of the armories is a signal grenade that attracts Alicorns. Alicorns normally give those to their weaker classes, like the scouts. They use them for a quick invasion, giving ponies very little time to prepare for an invasion." Silver Bullet explained. That last sentence caught me off guard a little.

"Little time to prepare for an invasion?" I asked.

"Well since all the Alicorns share a single Hive mind, when one gets killed, they send a vengeance strike team to kill and invade." She explained. That... couldn't be right. I was talking to an Alicorn before. That will be brought up later.

"I found something Night." Gilda said. I did not like being called Night. Probably wouldn't mind if it was Apple Bloom though. I look at Gilda to see that she had a crowbar in her talon. I take it with my magic and walk over to the family's cage and stick the curved end of the crowbar in between the two bars of the lock. Then in one quick motion, I break the lock and take it off. I open the cage and gesture them to come on out. They do so and the mare and stallion look at me confused. I got over to the other cage and pry that look open too.

As I opened the cage, Silver Bullet and Smoke walked out. I go to untie the Worg's muzzle mask, when Silver Bullet stopped me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, he'll bail on us the second that it's off. Heck, the reason I'm in this mess is because of him." Silver Bullet said. That's when I shot her an unsupportive look.

"Honestly, I could care less if he bails or not. If I'm not mistaking, he didn't agree to helping me, or us do anything. I'm not bribing him, I'm not threatening him, it's his choice." I said. I continue to untie his muzzle mask and the second it was off, Smoke took off out the door. A thank you would've been nice at least. Ah well, I still got the others.

"Told ya." Silver Bullet said. That didn't matter, I had a plan where his help was only optional.

"Doesn't matter, I've got a plan though."

"Let's here it." Gilda said. I look at the family first.

"There's a train to the North that your foals will be safe. Gilda can take them there, but I'm gonna need the two of you to help me with the train car, if that's okay." I said. The two parents look at their foals and nod. They hug before the foals walk to Gilda.

"Silver Bullet, you know where the armory that holds those Alicorn grenades right?" I asked. Silver Bullet nods.

"Get that and throw it at one of the entrances. That should give us time. I'll escort these two to the inside of the base, where we'll start pushing the car to the train. If you wanna meet us at the train or not, it's up to you." I said.

"So, grab the grenade, screw these guys over and meet you at the train. Anything else?" She asked.

"Yea, if you see anymore hostages, free them. No one deserves this." I said. Silver Bullet nods. I look at Gilda and she nods.

"Alright. Let's not waste anymore time. Let's move." I said. The couple nods and I hear Gilda say, "Come on little ones, we'll be safe at the train."

"Gilda," I called. She looks at me. I take out some healing potions and give them to her.

"As a just in case you get shot again." Gilda shoots me a glare.

"Not funny."

That wasn't a joke, Gilda was my best option for stealth, and she was shot. I can't risk that a second time.

"I wasn't joking." I said glaring back. Gilda takes the healing potions and proceeds to walk out the door. I look at the couple and gesture a come on. I look at Silver Bullet and she nods and walks out the room.

I too, walk out of the room.


I lead the two back downstairs and navigated my way through the tunnel. I continuously had to look behind me to check on the couple, to make sure they were still there. They were. I, unfortunately, couldn't converse with them given their current condition. I did make sure to keep my eyes out for any traps. I don't want anymore surprises. Besides, Silver Bullet said they were ready if I just so happened to be seen by them. I wouldn't wanna endanger anyone else.

I come across an a makeshift opening to my right, and more to the tunnel to the left. I heard snarling to the left. The couple heard it too. I look at the couple, and gesture them to wait. I peek around the left corner with my mouth ready to bite down if I have to. I look around the corner to see a rather unusual sight.

Smoke was fighting a member of the Demon Virus. The Demon virus member was an earth pony mare with a knife in her mouth. He attempts to swing at Smoke, but Smoke backs away, causing the pony to miss a swing. Smoke then bites the mare in the fore leg and dragged her to the ground. He then pounces on her and proceeded to rip her throat out. That was gruesome.

He looks at me with a not so friendly face. I mean, it wasn't threatening either, but it was far from friendly. He then walks over to another dead body and sticks his muzzle into the pouch. He pulls out a box and looks at me. He then throws it at me. I catch it in my magic and look at the box.

.50 Action Express. What gun does this go to? I look up to thank him, but he left already. I wasn't gonna chase him. I looked at the makeshift tunnel and saw the outside. As I walked past the couple, I gesture 'come on' and walked through the tunnel, that went up on an angle, and I could see the surfaced train facility.

As the three of us reached the top, told them to stay low as I observed the area. This place was well built and well guarded. And it seems as if the patrols had increased. Now to locate the coal train.

I look around, and there it was, right by the exit. Filled to the brim with coal. I just struck a goldmine, or coalmine in this case. Now to just wait for the show to start. I made sure to look at my PipBuck to see which way was north, just to make sure I'm not going the wrong way.

"Hey! Who activated the Lunch Bell!" I heard a mare shout. I then heard blast sounds along with the sounds of gunfire. The Demon's virus members running to the south of the facility was enough to let me know that that was my cue.

"Let's go!" I said running out into the open. I look to the south to see some very tall Alicorns on the attack. All of them looked much more vicious and much stronger than the one I killed in Havoc. They came to kill.

I rush behind the train and watch the couple run after me. I press my hooves against the rear of the train and look back at them.

"Push as hard as you can." I said. A stray bullet misses me by and inch. I look back at the south and saw that they were all still concentrated on each other. The couple helps me push and that dreaded *SCREECH* sound by the train was heard.

We continued to push until we got 30 feet from the train from the compound. That's when a few bullets flew in our direction. I turned around to see some Demon's Virus members aiming at us. I quickly turn around and shoot back. Killing them. Luckily, most of the Demon's virus members were busy with the alicorns, but that didn't stop others from shooting at me.

"You two, keep pushing! I'll cover us!" I said. They continued pushing, and I walked backwards, ready to kill anyone who aims at me.

As we were walking, I heard wings flapping to my right. I turn there to see an purple Alicorn with emerald green translucent mane tackles me to the ground.

Forcing me to land on my back, her amber slitted eyes make eye contact with mine and she growled.

"So you're the one who killed Mystic Pearl? Disappointing as to how she could perish to someone as pathetic as you." I was using my magic to grab my machete as I was pinned. But that's when she looked at my horn. She then shoots a beam at my horn. Causing pain, and stopping me from using it.

"Hurts doesn't it?" She asked me. I looked at her with a glare. She smirks.

"You know, for a bug, you are rather strong. How about instead-" She stops and turns back to the battlefield and blasts an incoming Demon's Virus member with her horn. She then turns back to me.

"How about instead of me killing you here, I have you work for us? I promise you only die from exhaustion, but it's better than me feeding your corpse to our young, or better yet, feeding you to our young limb by limb and making you watch." She said. A sadistic smile appears on her face. Little did she know, I was using my tail to grab the handle of my machete.

"Fat fucking chance of that happening." I said. That's when she stepped one my various bullet wounds that was in my right hoof. I grit my teeth in pain.

"Very well. I'm gonna enjoy killing you? Any last words?"

"Nobody, calls me a bug." I said, and in one quick motion, I swing my tail, with the machete wrapped around it. I press it against her neck and I then come from underneath her and used my magic to cut deeper. When her body went limp I pulled the machete out. The couple looked at me with fear.

"Keep pushing!" I commanded. They nod and continue pushing. I continued to walk backward before I noticed I was limping. I pull out a healing potion and stick it into my side. Healing my wounds thankfully. I continue to be on my guard. This time making sure that my sides weren't exposed too.

Then more Demon's Virus members attacked. I manage to rid with most of them. Two of them, almost hit me but I manage to dodge out of the way, just in time. I then rid with those two as well.

*Thud*

Shit.

I turn around and saw the mare had collapsed. She had a bullet wound in her back. I quickly run over to help her. Luckily, the blow wasn't that bad, so a healing potion wouldn't be necessary. Unluckily, she passed out. I take out some magical bandages and wrap them around the wound. Seeing the bandages glow yellow, I look at the stallion who looked at me worried.

"She'll be fine. Don't worry. I said. I placed her on my back and proceeded to push the train, with the stallion helping me. The train was extremely heavy and hard to push, but we prevailed. I looked behind me to see an alicorn running at me with great speed. Before I could even think about shooting at it. Smoke came out of nowhere and jumped onto its back. He had a sword in his mouth and used it to cut the alicorn's neck. Killing it. He had a sheath to his right side, which was were he placed the sword. He then runs towards me and places his front paws on the the rear end of the train. I nod and the three of us push the train.

We continued pushing the train until we got 100 feet from the compound. I looked back to see that the Alicorns and Demon's virus members deciding to kill each other instead of following me. Good.

I walked past the subway entrance and I see, Silver Bullet. With some friends.

"Oi. Nightshade, was it?" She called.

"Yea?" I asked. She walked next to me and proceeded to place her cybernetic hand/hooves on the train to help.

"I hope you enjoyed the little show. I got some friends here, some could talk, others, not so much." She said. I looked at the crowd. There was at least ten of them. Seventeen if you counted the foals. Most of the victims were mares.

"Well, let's get moving before the party stops." I said. The others helped me push the train, speeding things up, very fast. We are making progress.


I could see the sun ascending to the East, dawn was making its way around. And we were getting closer. I stop pushing the train and moved to the side of the coal car. I later see the train. Oh thank goodness. I look at the mare on my back, she was still unconscious, but her breathing was steady. She was gonna live, thankfully. They all are gonna live.

"Well, I'll be damned." I heard Fancy Pants's voice say. I look up to see Fancy Pants, and Scarlet Blossom walking towards me.

"Well done old chap. Never doubted you for a second." He said. The coal car bumps the rest of the train lightly, signaling everyone else to stop pushing.

"I see you brought a couple of guests." Fancy Pants said. I look at the large group and smirk.

"I guess you can say that." I said. I feel a tap on my side. I turn to see the dark blue stallion looking at me worried.

"Don't worry, she's gonna be alright." I said taking her off of my back. The blue stallion sat next to his wife, or marefriend, as she laid on the ground. I walk to Fancy Pants and converse with him.

"Did Gilda make it here yet?" I asked.

"Yes, she did. I was confused as to why she came back with foals and without you, then she told me you're plan. Scarlet was actually five minutes away from grabbing my shotgun and coming after you."

"I wouldn't have wanted that. She's strong I'm sure, but I don't wanna risk her going toe to toe with an Alicorn."

"An Alicorn?!" He asked.

"Yea, we used them for a distraction. Where's Apple Bloom?"

"Still asleep in the sleeping car." Fancy Pants said as I reached the cargo car and climbed inside. I saw Gilda sitting on a box to the left. Before I could say anything she spoke.


"The foals are in the sitting car." She said, I nod and walk into the sitting car to see the two foals sitting on a chair whilst facing the door I was walking through. They look at me.

"Your family's waiting for you outside." I said. They beam a smile and jump off the chair and run out. I follow them and upon leaving the train I see that the mare had woken up. The foals ran over and hug their mother. I smile at the scene. That's when a problem hit me.

I'm headed to Blackridge, they need somewhere to go. Where am I gonna send them?

"So, where are you gonna send them?" Fancy Pants asked. Great, now he's reading my thoughts.

"Send who?" I heard Apple Bloom's voice asked. I look at Apple Bloom to see her rubbing her eyes. She stops and sees that it's me. She beams a smile at me.

"Yer back!" She said as she came to hug me. To which I accepted with open hooves. We parted and she smiled.

"Told ya I'd be back." I said. She smiled at me before looking outside the car. Seeing all the ponies I brought.

"That's a lot of ponies." Apple Bloom said.

"Yea, they were hostages at the railroad facility. I'm glad I didn't take you. You didn't need to see any of that." I said. She looks at one of the ponies that was missing a limb and flinches.

"Ah'll take yer word for it." She said. I walk to the opening and clear my throat.

"Excuse me mares and stallions." I said, gaining the attention of the Nineteen ponies. This was gonna be a little hard.

"I know that you're all very happy that you are no longer stuck with those psychopaths, but another problem has surfaced." I said. Some of them looked at me confused.

"Me, and my group are headed to Blackridge. And I can't take any of you with me because it's a long way, and apparently a death wish. So the issue at hoof, is where am I gonna send you." I said. The ponies looked at me, as if they were waiting for an answer. One of the places I immediately thought to send them was Havoc. The buildings would be excellent for shelter, and since I didn't spend a long time there, there are a lot of lootable items of salvage, and they could help rebuild the town. That could be an idea.

"If I may," Fancy Pants started. "I suggest you send them to Dawnford." He said. I look at him waiting for the reason why.

"The ponies there are very accepting of outsiders, and they'll be able to provide for them." He explained. That was a pretty valid reason. That's an option.

"Um.. Nightshade?" I heard Apple Bloom call. Both me and Fancy Pants turn to her.

"What about Wolfwater?" She asked. "They're tough, and they're nice. They'd be able to keep them safe, and if they'd like, they can even become a part of there group." She explained. Another good idea.

So, a place that could provide, a place where they can build from the ground up, and a place that offers protection. This is gonna be difficult.

Send them to Dawnford (Good Karma, Food and water is provided, but limited protection options.)

Send them to Havoc (Neutral Karma, They can build from the ground up, make their own place. No guarantee to find essentials)

Send them to Wolfwaters (Evil Karma, better defenses and protection options, Food and Water is limited)

Author's Note:

FINALLY! My computer shut off so many times and deleted my work, but I kept my Pinkie Promise. Hope you enjoy!

Nightshade's Karma: Soldier of Fortune

Good: 0

Neutral: 13

Evil: 0

Trivia:

The pistol Nightshade find is a Desert Eagle.

The Desert Eagle Nightshade finds is a reference to Blackjack from the Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons story.

Nightshade refers to a 'levitating something up behind you' trick, like Littlepip.

Charming Crescent is the ponified unicorn name of Bing Crosby, the originator of Dear Hearts and Gentle People.

If Good Karma was chosen, Fancy Pants would shoot the lock off which would draw the attention of the other Demon's Virus members, resulting in a massive firefight.

If Evil Karma was chosen, Apple Bloom would pick the locks and encourage Nightshade to help find the others. An Alicorn raid on the compound would have been caused naturally, allowing them to escape, but Apple Bloom would have a hard time coping with the bloody scene.

Scarlet Blossom's design is an earth pony version of this design.

Nightshade's 'Nobody calls me a bug' line is a reference to Marty Mcfly's 'Nobody calls me Chicken' line from Back to the Future.

Smoke is a reference to Smoke, a temporary companion from Fallout 2

Like, comment, vote, and review. Deadline is July 19th. Outlaw Out!

Comments ( 21 )

I say Dawnford. Yeah it doesn't have many protection options now... but with this many ponies going and getting their strength back with the food and water.... they can help build walls up, more shifts as security, and make their place in that area.

8295340
Vote tallied.

What did you think of the chapter so far?

And did you manage to catch the Fallout Equestria reference?

This is a difficult decision, but based on the on the current condition of these ponies I think they need food, water and shelter the most.
My Vote: send them to Dawnford
They will get the food they need and the ponies of Dawnford have the food and water to spare, which makes them more likely to let these ponies stay.
I would send them to Havoc but in their current condition it's not a very good chance for them to be able to provide and protect themselves, maybe mention it to them so if they ever feel up to it or if Dawnford is attacked they have a place that might be a good home.
Now as for the chapter, I greatly enjoyed the fight scenes, they flowed naturally and made me think of the fights in Fallout where my plan to be stealthy back fired horrendously. I am rather curious about the new characters you introduced, surprisingly I'm more curious about Smoke than Silver Bullet. Silver Bullet strikes me as a character with a "get shit done/no nonsense" attitude with maybe a dash of sarcasm and a hint of humor. Smoke on the other hand, I've got nothing but the bare bones or rather bone, he seems to be the type to pay back a debt but I could be horribly wrong since I'm taking a shot in the dark here. That interaction between Gilda and Nightshade was fun and seemed like they were becoming friends. I also found it funny when Nightshade started talking to the gun and made a comment on his own sanity. Overall this was a great chapter, and I applaud your determination to finish the chapter.

8295622
Thank you very much.

What about the talk between Apple Bloom and Nightshade?

And how Fancy Pants and Gilda met?

And did you catch the reference fallout equestria story?

8295739
I thought the conversation between Applebloom and Nightshade was amazingly bittersweet, she is afraid of what they will find but she sees Nightshade as a father figure.
As for the meeting of Gilda and Fancy Pants, it was believable but there isn't much else to say about it other than that I found it funny.
And no I unfortunately didn't catch the reference as it has been a while since I've read Fallout Equestria.

8295761
Funny how Apple Bloom sees someone younger than her brother as a father figure ain't it?

Also the meeting of Gilda and Fancy pants was funny? How so?

And the levitating-something-up-behind-you trick is a reference to the original.

8295814
I don't particularly see it as all that weird for Applebloom to see someone so young as a father figure, since I myself see my brother who is a year older than me as a father figure
I found it funny because as Nightshade said that's pretty embarrassing.
And yeah after I read it in the notes I remembered it, I love the references you put in the story especially since you manage to make them fit in with this world nicely and neatly to the point where if you didn't get the reference it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.

8295827
Since I love feedback and comments.

What did you think of Nightshade's dream/flashback?

Soarin's behavior?

and Scarlet Blossom's behavior?
This should be fun.

8295852
Nightshade's dream has made me wonder if he was one of the Steel Rangers or if he's supposed to parrallel the courier from Fallout New Vegas, since the Fallen Star Republic sounds an awful lot like the New California Republic. And then there's the aspect of Luna being in the dream, did she have something to do with his memory loss or does she want to help him regain it but when she feels he needs it.
As for Soarin's behavior it kind of makes sense but he's seen how Nightshade is so it kind of doesn't, since Nightshade has shown himself to be rather selfless almost to a fault, but then again Soarin was a slave for a lot longer than he's known Nightshade.
Scarlet Blossom's behavior seems fitting for the type of character she is, obsessed with whoever owns her, and it was hilarious seeing the normally calm Nightshade so flustered. Then again I have a rather sadistic sense of humor.

8295889
Got any theories? Questions? Comment?

8295919
I don't have any theories only vague ideas once we learn a bit more and I understand a bit more I will share these theories.
I have one question though is there any reason why no one seems to know anything about changelings?

8296163
That becomes explained in the next chapter.
Just know the Enclave is involved in the reason why.

8296350
The Enclave eh? Then this will be an interesting chapter considering the source material's rap sheet.

8296438
This question drilled it's way in my head twenty minutes ago. But what did you think of the Alicorn invasion, Silver Bullet's explanation on the Alicorn and the scene with an Alicorn and Nightshade. As well as the scenes with Smoke?

8296626
The invasion was a good plan, as for the scene itself it was a bit underwhelming since we don't actually see what is going on but that was fixed by the fights mixed in.
Silver Bullet's explanation was good I was thorough enough that someone who has never read or hasn't read Fallout Equestria in a long time would understand them.
The scene with Nightshade and the Alicorn was interesting since they were willing to let him work with them although he killed one of their own.
The scenes with Smoke although short left a good enough empression that I am curious about him.

8296676
Well, they planned to work him to death. So not so much as an alternative.

Also, do you think I should add Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell into the mix? If yes, how should I add them in?

8297853
Whether to add Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo is a tough one. On one hand adding them would give Applebloom someone her age to interact with who would have varying levels of experience with the wasteland. On the other hand storywise they would be an issue for Nightshade if he were to bring them along since he already has one child to look after. In essence if you want to add them, add them, it matters more on what kind of characters they are; main characters(traveling with Nightshade and Applebloom), secondary characters(see them and interact with them, may or may not come back later) or only mentioned by someone/seen/hear an audio recording; and how they are integrated.
If you do add them, Sweetie Belle could be from another city or vault and Nightshade meets her due to a distress call/beacon at the city/vault or they go to the city/vault she's in to stock up on food, ammo, armor, etc. Scootaloo on the other hand you could do the same as Sweetie Belle or have her with the enclave, since if we're going by the original fallout equestria's version of the enclave, they are Pegasuses? Pegasi? Anyway if you were to go the route of her being a member of the enclave then the characters could have an insight to what the enclave is, but then Scootaloo would also have a different outlook towards the non-enclave ponies. Nightshade could meet her near an enclave base where they are scouting beneath the clouds or on one of the enclave's vessels. However these are only vague ideas and I can't really give detailed ideas since only you know where the story will go.

8297897
My version of the Enclave won't be reduced to just Pegasi, but that is and interesting idea. Especially since they'll be involved in the next chapter, along with a little something from the fifth chapter. The audio tape is a key to that

Also, did you manage to figure out who the silhouettes in the dreams were?

8297952
I see so this enclave will be more diverse, how diverse is still to be seen.
I'm not sure who the unicorn or the Griffin is but I'm fairly certain that the Pegasus is Fluttershy.

8297968
look back at chapters 1 and 2, the clues are there.
there's two unicorns By the by.

when you figure it out, Pm me, don't comment below.

Login or register to comment