• Published 27th Jan 2017
  • 2,002 Views, 112 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Story of the Lone changeling (Choice driven story) - Outlaw the Changeling



Follow the story of the Lone Changeling as he ventures through the wastelands in search of his past, as well as help a little filly find her family.

  • ...
3
 112
 2,002

Chapter 3: Hunted (Neutral Karma)

"I gotta find a way to draw that Alicorn's attention." I said. Probably one of the smartest decisions I could possibly make. I have no idea what kind of power that thing possessed, but I had to do something. I couldn't just leave her there.

"How are we gonna do that?" Apple Bloom asked. There wasn't gonna be a we. I was gonna help her. It might be too dangerous for Apple Bloom.

"Apple Bloom. Find somewhere to hide. It might be too dangerous for you to be seen." I said. Apple Bloom turns around and began to look. There were three places for her to hide: The closet, under the bed, and inside the grandfather clock beside the door.

"Ten!" I heard the Alicorn count. I was gonna have to be quick. The closet and under the bed were too obvious of hiding spots. If I was looking for someone, it'd be the first two places I'd look. The grandfather clock however, was an odd spot to hide. I don't think anyone would look there.

"Nine!"

"Apple Bloom, the grandfather clock. Hide there." I said.

"Okay." Apple Bloom said and walks over to the grandfather clock. I started to think of ways to see how I could distract the Alicorn. Do I use my Shotgun saddle?

"Eight!"

Nope bad idea, the saddle is literally attached to me. There was a small possibility she wouldn't see me , but I don't fell lucky enough to risk that. What about my SMG?

"Seven!"

My SMG isn't necessarily a loud weapon, my brief moment with the raiders taught me that much. It would probably take a lot of bullets to get her attention, but see might spot me. What if I go outside and throw a brick or something?

"Six!"

I have no idea, how good an Alicorn's hearing is. If that thing hears me coming before I can throw a brick, I'm a dead Changeling. I was stuck. That mare is gonna die if I don't think of something quick.

"Five!"

"Nightshade. There's a gun in here." Apple Bloom said. I looked up to see her standing in front of the grandfather clock that was open. I walk silently to the clock and look inside.

"Four!"

There was a lever action rifle with sniper scope on it and a box of bullets right next to it. Apparently, this was a hidden gun cabinet. Whoever lived here knew how to hide a gun. Regardless, I had an idea.

"Three!"

I grab the rifle and take it out of the cabinet. I walk back over to the window and look at the Alicorn. She was still at the door.

"Two!"

I didn't have a lot of time. I grab one of the bullets out of the box and load the gun, then I placed the box on the window seal. I only had time to load in one bullet inside the gun. I pump the lever and aim through the scope. I saw the Alicorn's horn glowing a pale silver color. I aimed the gun out of the window and run over to the bed and crawl underneath it, using my magic to hold the gun at out of the window. Apple Bloom followed me underneath. I just wrapped my hoof around her and held her close.

"One!" That's when I fired the shot. Which was at the same time I heard the Alicorn blasting a beam of magic at the door, causing a louder bang. Following the noise was silence. The only thing I could hear was my own heartbeat. Pounding, pounding, pounding. I couldn't hear the Alicorn, nor could I hear the mare. Everything was so quiet, I had to control my breathing as a just in case my heartbeat was too loud. Apple Bloom moves closer to my side, until she was underneath my front hoof. She was shaking. She was terrified.

"It'll be alright, okay? Everything's gonna be okay." I reassured. I don't know why I said that. I have no idea what was gonna happen next. No idea if it'll be okay. Then I hear a swoosh, followed by a thump. I see four long white legs walk passed the bed and stop at the corners. The Alicorn was in the room. Looking for the one who shot at her. Looking for me.

She turns around and walks toward the window, where the gun was, and picks up the gun. This could be our chance to sneak past her. I look at Apple Bloom.

"Apple Bloom, we're gonna have to sneak past her. Once we're at the door, we can make a run for it, okay?" I asked in a whisper. Apple Bloom looks at me nervously. "You go first, okay?"

"B-b-but, Ah don't know how to sneak." Apple Bloom replies.

"Okay. Listen carefully. All you have to do, are two things: Stay low, and move silently." I whispered back.

"But what if it sees me?" She asked.

"I'll protect you if she does. Just trust me, okay?" I said silently. Apple Bloom nods and crawls sideways from under the bed. She lowers herself to the ground enough to barely be above it. She carefully stepped out, walking slowly. The floor was wooden, so it was prone to creaking. I was hoping that it wouldn't. She makes it to the doorway, and turns to look at me. I mouth the words 'Good job', which makes her smile. Now it was my turn.

I scoot to the left and get out from under the bed. I peek over the bed to see that the Alicorn had the lever action rifle in her magic, and a flesh wound on her the top of her front right leg. She also had the box, right next to her. I hope that mare left already because I'm now I need to escape.

I walked with my body low, sneaking to the best of my ability. I was almost to the door. Just a few more steps.

*Creak*

Well fuck.

"There you are!" The echoed voice said from behind me. I turn to my left to see the Alicorn with the box in her magic. I didn't have much time to react because she drops the box, grabs me with her magic and hurls me toward the wall, which sent me through it. I landed on my back so hard, I was surprised I wasn't dead. The amount of pain I was in was something I could only describe as 'end it now!' My vision got blurry extremely quick. From the blurs of my vision I saw my cartooned counterpart with bandages around his body. It didn't take long for me to figure out that that was telling me my torso, if not everything but my limbs, was crippled. If I live through this, I'm definitely gonna find out how to change that color. I checked my PipBuck to see my health was at 23/175 HP. I put my PipBuck hoof back on the ground and tried to crawl backwards. That's when I heard a menacing laugh.

"Mwahahahaha! You fool!" She insulted. I looked up and managed to see the Alicorn fly down. She lands in front of the building and walked over toward me.

"What did you think was going to happen? You thought you could kill me that easily?" I wasn't trying to kill you in the first place, but right now, I wish I did. I continued to crawl backwards. There was a blood trail leading to me. The blood following me was coming from my back. It felt like my carapace was cracked.

"You can struggle all you want, you're not going anywhere." She said. She got close enough to tower over me. She looked at me with an even more menacing smile.

"You are strong. No many ponies, or even Changelings for that matter could survive a fall like that. Maybe we could have a use for you." She said. It sounded to me like she was gonna use me as a slave. I couldn't let that happen. I was gonna have to do something. In a desperate attempt to save myself, I activate my magic. I felt my magic pick up something really heavy.

"Maybe we will turn you into one of us. Or maybe we shall work you until you're bones give out, and then feed you to our youth." She said. My vision rapidly got blurrier and blurrier. But in between the blurs, my vision would be clear for a split second. One split allowed me to see what I was carrying. My magic was lifting a large pile of debris from one of the destroyed houses.

"-hmph, but then again, I should just kill you and save me the trouble of trying to break your mind. So, any last words?" She asked me. I scoot myself back just enough so I could be out of harms way and so she wouldn't notice. I look at her with a half dying smirk.

"Yes I do." I said. That's when I heard Dogmeat bark. The Alicorn turns around toward the bark, I then release my magic and roll to the left, out of harm's way. As I rolled I heard a loud crash and felt the ground rumble a little. When I stopped, I looked over at were the Alicorn used to be and see the pile of debris where she used to be. I would've questioned were she was, but I saw her hoof sticking out of the front. I struggle to my stand back up and limp over to the debris.

"Heads up." I said. Suddenly, I felt weaker and weaker by the second. I look at my PipBuck and saw that my health had dropped from 23/175 to 10/175 HP. I was losing my health and my balance. I soon lost all feeling in my chest. I try to use my magic to grab a healing potion, but I couldn't even get my horn to glow. Black began to seep into my vision from all sides and I fell onto my right side. I began to sink into a deep sleep as my eyes hit my PipBuck health bar. I heard Apple Bloom's voice shouting, 'Nightshade!' and 'Somepony Help!' The last thing I see was the countdown of my health.

3...2....1....


I...I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't see anything. There was nothing but darkness. Was I dead? Is this what death feels like? Is this what it felt like to pass on? It...it feels empty. Everything is so....isolated. I tried to move but it was impossible. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even see nor feel my hooves. I couldn't even tell if I was moving my head or eyes. I was just staring into a dark abyss. No light, no creatures, not even as much as a sound.

Now the place I was in wasn't the only thing that felt empty. I felt empty. I felt like I was without a purpose. Along with my empty feeling, I felt like I was leaving behind too many things to die. I don't want to die. I'm not ready to die. Not in the slightest.

It felt like hours. I was in this isolation. Trying my best to do anything to get out of here. Whatever it was I was stuck in. I wasn't about to give up. I concentrate on waking up, and I was doing everything I could. Nothing was happening. Nothing I did was working. I wasn't ready to lose my life. I wasn't ready to lose Apple Bloom.

*Thump*

What was that?

*Thump*

That was something I felt, and heard. Both in a way I recognized. This.... this was my heartbeat. A few seconds later the darkness I was seeing was slowly being replaced with a cloudy night sky.

I'm Alive!

I'm still Alive! Oh thank goodness I live to see another day!

I found myself resting on a some kind of stretcher that was being carried by two quadrupeds. My eyes go from the sky to who was carrying the end of the stretcher where my legs are. That part of the stretcher was being carried by... a pony?

Even with my eyes squinted, the pony looked strange. She looked like a pony, but at the same time she didn't. She was dark grey, had dark blue and light blue and had some extra fluff at the end of ear. There were fangs that hung out of her mouth, but they didn't go past the jaw like mine did. Her eyes were a light blue color and the pupils were slit. She was actually quite pretty. She leather armor that looked like the same leather armor I saw on the unicorn earlier. Perhaps they were in the same group or something.

I take a look at myself while I was on the stretcher. I was laid on my back with bandages around my torso. I also had my hoof on top of Applejack's hat that was on my chest. I wasn't wearing my battle saddle, so I felt vulnerable. I move my eyes to my left. I manage to catch a glimpse of a light blue mare with a pink mane before my eyes closed as I felt a cough.

*Cough!*

*Cough!*

My coughing cased two things to happen. Blood to come out of my mouth, and the two ponies carrying me to stop.

"Well I'll be damned. He lives."

What a minute... that deep cockney accent. I've heard that before.

The two put me down and detach from the stretcher. A few seconds later, I see four ponies looking at me. There was a light blue earth pony mare, a pale orange stallion, the strange mare I saw first and.... The stallion from Borderville?!

"Nightshade!" I hear Apple Blooms voice shout.

"*Bark*" I hear from Dogmeat. Painfully, I sit up to see Apple Bloom and Dogmeat running toward me. I hold my hooves out and allow Apple Bloom to jump in and hug me. She buried her head into my chest and began to cry.

"Shh..there there. It's alright." I said in a soothing voice. "I told you. Everything would be okay, didn't I?"

"*sniff* ya did. Ya did." Apple Bloom said. She looks at me and I begin to help whip away her tears.

"Your daughter was worried sick about you." The light blue mare said.

"She refused to leave your side for any reason." The orange stallion followed up. Once again, Apple Bloom is confused for being my daughter, even though at this point I don't blame them.

"I know. I was worried sick about her too." I replied. Apple Bloom and I release from the hug and I put her sister's hat back on my head.

"Well, aren't you just everypony's hero." The stallion with the deep cockney accent said. I smirk at the comment. "Let me be the first to say thanks for killing that Alicorn."

"Hey, happy to help." I said. I wasn't gonna bother telling them that I was only intending on distracting it. That'd probably fuck everything up.

"Oh yea? Go around helping the helpless with the odds stacked against you often?" The dark grey mare said. I looked at her and tilt my head in confusion.

"From that look I can tell you haven't seen a bat pony before. My name's Midnight Huntress. But Bacardi there likes to call me Longshot." She introduced, and apparently she was a bat pony. Interesting. She pointed to the red stallion from Borderville. Apparently, Bacardi was his name. Isn't Bacardi a type of alcoholic drink? That wasn't important. I felt some kind of liquid hit my lap. I look down and see that the blood from my mouth was leaking onto my lap. I simply wipe off it of my mouth and attempt to stand. Big mistake. As I attempted to stand I had no strength in my front hooves whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even feel my front hooves. They were completely numb.

"Whoa! Calm down there Freelancer. You're on a few painkillers, so you're gonna be numb for a while." Midnight Huntress said. As much as I am curious as to why she called me Freelancer, but now wasn't the time to ask.

"How many painkillers did you give me?" I asked.

"Five. You sort of lost consciousness before we got to you, we had to act quickly. We injected you with painkillers as a just in case you woke up in pain. You might feel dizzy or nauseous." Bacardi answered. I felt a little dizzy that was for sure, but I had no urge to throw up anytime soon. Then an important question struck my mind.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're headed to Wolfwaters. Not to far from where we are right now." Midnight Huntress said. I look at my PipBuck map to see where we were and I see a location marked Wolfwaters very close to where I was. I make another attempt to stand, and of course I failed.

"Calm down tough guy, give the Painkillers a chance to wear off first." Bacardi said.

"Bacardi and I can carry you they rest of the way." Midnight Huntress followed up. I don't necessarily like the idea of being carried while I was still conscious, so I tried one more time to stand, putting all my strength into getting off of my flank, but I couldn't do it. I sat back down and sigh in disappointment. I just laid back down onto the stretcher and allow Bacardi and Midnight Huntress to pick me up. I hope the Painkillers wear off soon. As they carried me another question popped up into my mind.

"I meant to ask, where's my stuff?" I ask.

"Longshot's carrying it. Would've been rude to take it off of you and leave it behind." Bacardi answered. I look at Midnight Huntress to see that she had on my battle saddle and in the attached satchel was the 'Last Words' Rifle, and the submachine gun. Glad my stuff was still intact.

"So... how long was I out?" I asked.

"About 13 hours. Even when your heart started beating again, the Painkillers had you in a coma." Bacardi replied. That surprised me, I felt like I was only asleep for about 10 minutes. I already knew my heart had stopped beating at one point, so I wasn't gonna bother asking about that. I then catch a glimpse of the other two ponies. The orange stallion and the light blue mare.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Our employers, Mr. and Mrs. Cake." Huntress answered.

"Employers?" I asked.

"Yea, we're Red Phoenix Mercenaries." Bacardi said. I was a little caught off guard by the word 'Mercenaries', given how my current reputation was with the Hunter Confederacy.

"Not to worry, we aren't like the H.C. We're Lawbringers for hire." Huntress clarified. That made me feel safer. At least they're mercenaries for a good cause.

"*chuckle* Sounds like my kind of business." I joked.

"You took on an Alicorn and saved Borderville with no price on the mind. If you were doing these things for caps, watch out evildoers." Huntress replies. I felt bad because of what happened to Borderville earlier today.

"Your daughter said that your name was Nightshade, right?" Mr. Cake said.

"Yes." I replied. I still don't understand how they could confuse Apple Bloom as my daughter. But then again, adoption is always an option. I'll just politely clarify that I'm not her-

"She said you were headed to Blackridge, right?" Mrs. Cake asked. I simply nod.

"Blackridge? That's a long way from here. Any reason why?" Midnight Huntress asked. I'm quite surprised that Apple Bloom didn't say why we were headed to Blackridge.

"We're looking for her family or at least clues that could lead us to them." I answer. Midnight Huntress looks at me with a shocked expression.

"Her family's missing?" She asked.

"Left her in the Stable, but they left a holotape on my body that said to head to Blackridge." I said.

"Wait? On your body?" Bacardi asked. That's when I realized, I didn't really explain what I was doing in the Stable in the first place.

"Yea, apparently I knew them before I lost my memory. I woke up in the Stable with a couple of scars on my head. Since her family and my past are connected, I'd be killing two birds with one stone." I explained.

"We're here." Bacardi said. I sit up and peek over Bacardi's head and see a medium sized settlement that was very well protected. It looked like a Military Base. The gate had a couple of guards on top of it. This place could be a safe haven for Apple Bloom and I. Hell, if I play my cards right, this could be a home. A back up plan home, since I've already got a primary objective that is.

I began to regain some feeling in my front hooves again, and I started to move them. I could feel my ability to walk start to come back. But can I walk now? Time to find out.

I roll out of the stretcher and land on all four of my hooves. It feels good to walk again.

"Show off." Huntress commented. I simply smirk her way. I let her and Bacardi take the lead, given how the first time I wandered toward an unknown settlement, I nearly got a bullet to my hoof, although it wouldn't stop me.

As I began to walk, I felt Apple Bloom grab my hoof. I look at her and stop walking. I lower myself to her height.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Everythings fine, Ah just." Apple Bloom started. She pauses for a minute and rubs her hoof. "Ah wanted to know if you could teach me how to shoot please." She said. I tilted my head a little.

"Why?" I asked.

"Ah wanna be able to help you, 'cause Ah don't wanna lose you." She said. I couldn't help but give a small smile at that comment. Despite only knowing me for two and a half days, she cared for me. And I cared for her as well. But unfortunately, I don't think they make or have made Battle Saddles that fit 10 year old foals. But then again, maybe someone could. But she should learn to hide first. If shit gets bad, she needs to be safe.

"I think we should stick to sneaking right now. I'd like you to be safe if things go to he- *clears throat*, in case things go bad." I said, barely catching my tongue. I don't want her to have a cursing habit. I'll make a mental note to not curse in while she's around at least.

"Okay." She said.

"Hey. You guys gonna come in, or what?" I heard Bacardi's voice call. I look up to see the gate was open.

"Come on Apple Bloom. Let's go." I said. Apple Bloom began to walk, that's when I use my tail and wrap it around her torso. I pick her up and place her onto my back and the two of us, along with Dogmeat, began to walk toward into Wolfwaters. As I walked into the town through the gate opening, I caught a glimpse of Mr and Mrs Cake hugging. I didn't notice this before, but the two were carrying foals. One of them, a cream colored pegasus colt with a brown mane. The other, a lemon colored filly with an orange mane. I'm not to sure how pony genetics work, but Mrs Cake doesn't strike me as the type who cheats. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that one their relatives, preferably Mr. Cake, had relatives that were of both species at one point. I take a look around the settlement, and I was amazed. This place had a little of everything. A few guard posts, multiple shops, and a bunch of creatures with weapons. Anyone who attacks this place will be killed too fast to regret it.

Bacardi makes his way to me.

"So what do think of this place?" He asked.

"I feel sorry for whoever's suicidal enough to try and attack a place like this." I joked. Bacardi laughs.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Bacardi replies.

"Hey, Bacardi!" A young country voice said. The three of us, that includes Apple Bloom, look off to the right to see a white feathered griffon with a yellow beak and dark green eyes, wearing a black stetson hat and a red bandanna around his neck, rushing to our direction. This griffon was strange compared to any griffon I've ever seen, this one had stripes on his feline body, as if that part of his body was tiger related instead of lion.

"Ah see you've brought some guests." He said. He was pretty excited to see us, strangely. Apparently he's the 'always happy to meet a potential friend' type. Not a bad thing..... most of the time.

"Hi there, I'm Nightshade." I greeted. I gesture my eyes to my current passenger. "This is Apple Bloom." Then I point my hoof to the Wolf-dog next to me. "And this is Dogmeat."

"A deeelight to meet ya. The name's Billy Buckshot. Ah'm one of the patrol griffons her at Wolfwaters. Me and my brother Cabela Cassidy." He explained. Billy Buckshot and Cabela Cassidy, Alliterative names huh? I can't pass up this joke.

"Who's next, Ammo Aurora?" I asked with a chuckle. He looks in disbelief and takes of his hat.

"Actually uh... that was my mother's name." He said. I went wide eyed. I just insulted this griffon's possibly dead mother. I was caught off guard by the sudden dialogue. I need to apologize quickly.

"Oh, shoot, I didn't mean to-." Suddenly, he starts laughing. I stop my apology and look at him confused.

"I'm just bucking with ya." He said putting his hat back on. I glare at him. I did not appreciate the joke.

"That's not a very funny joke." Apple Bloom said.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." I said.

"Heh, sorry, but some jokes, ya can't pass up. Tell ya what. Stop by the bar, we'll get to know each other over a couple of drinks. What do ya say?" He explained. A drink did sound tempting, I was gonna have to think that over.

"I'll think about it." I said.

"Don't take too long now. My brother and I will be done with our shifts in twenty minutes. See ya soon." He said. With that he walks away.

"Forgive him, he's a bit young." Bacardi commented. Don't know why he said that, but he should know I'm also young.

"I'm young." I replied.

"Billy's twenty-two." Bacardi said. Now I felt like I was the youngest one here.

"I'm.....Nineteen." I replied. Bacardi looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, I've just haven't met a nineteen year old Changeling that's as tall as a Steel Ranger in power armor." Bacardi explained. That sounds familiar. Why?

"Steel Ranger?" Apple Bloom said confused. Looks like Apple Bloom was as confused as me.

"They're a technologically advanced Military that patrol the wasteland. Not everyone knows who they are, but they're known to fight Alicorns from time to time. But rumor has it that they also have two enemies that are just as technologically advanced as them." That sounds very familiar. Apple Bloom asks who they were, as I began to figure out why the two 'technologically advanced' enemies of the Steel Rangers felt familiar. Two names came to mind.

"I don't really know who they are Ms. Bloom, but I think I'll know if I hear the names again."

"Enclave and Fallen Star Republic." I said. Bacardi looks at me.

"Y-yes. Those were the names. How did you know?" He asked.

"I have no idea. I must've encountered them back when I had my memory or something." I explained. A silence fell between us.

"Well, we're not gonna get on that topic then. Anyway, come on, I'll show you where you can spend the night." Bacardi said. We began to walk side by side. I didn't want to stay silent the whole time, so if there's any time to start a conversation, now was it.

"So... this place seems pretty secure." I said.

"Of course it is. This place was built over a prewar Equestrian Defense Force base." He explained.

"Bet this place was riddled with supplies when it was built." I said.

"You when that bet, because it was. There was food, water, and most importantly, ammo. I'm surprised nopony else tried to take it. Probably the rumors of Hellhounds being here got them running scared." Bacardi explained, I was intimidated by the name. Anything with the word hell in front of it must've been bad news.

"A hellhound?" I asked.

"What's that?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Diamond Dogs that mutated into bipedal wolves with claws sharp enough to rip apart limbs of suits of Power armor. In seconds. They're also very difficult to kill. Even Alicorns prefer to keep their distance from them." Bacardi explained. A frightened gasp escapes Apple Bloom's mouth.

"Don't worry. I'm sure Nightshade will scare them off before they even get close." Bacardi said. Apple Bloom starts to hug me. Her hooves couldn't reach all the way around my neck, but she still hugged me tight.

"Okay, what kind of dangers does this town face?" I asked.

"Oh, the usual. Raiders, H.C, and ferals. Nothing too dangerous." He said confidently. This place was a safe place, that's for sure. I just hope nothing bad happens here. Then I remember something I meant to ask.

"What can you tell me about the Cakes?" I asked. "Why were they running from the Alicorns?"

"Alicorns have a bit of a ritual they do at certain settlements. They go in, take a few settlers to turn them into their own kind, or slaves, and then leave. The settlers there have something called 'The Lottery'. They'd put the name of all the settlers and pull a few names. If your name was pulled, you were the one who had to be sacrificed." Bacardi explained. I knew where this was going, and I didn't like it. "Then one day, Mr. Cakes foals. Pumpkin and Pound cake were chosen. And he wasn't ready to give up his newborns. So the day the Alicorns come to accept their sacrifice, The Cakes decided to up and leave. And their settlement ratted them out."

"Ouch. The entire settlement?" I asked.

"Yep. Ever since, they've been being hunted. So they payed us to escort them here." Bacardi said. So now I know why the Cakes were being hunted. But now, I couldn't help but wonder, why didn't the village revolt?

"Why didn't the village fight back?" Apple Bloom asked. Was this filly reading my mind or something?

"Not everypony is as brave as your guardian Apple Bloom. They're too scared of being killed for revolting." Bacardi explained.

"Isn't it better to die standing than live on your knees?" I asked. Bacardi looks at me with a smirk.

"Those settlers could learn a thing or two from you." He said. I chuckle from that, but then he blindsided me with another question.

"So why did you help us?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"You had no idea who we were. Yet you decided to help us. Why?" He asked. I'm not even gonna bullshit him. I'll just tell him my true intentions.

"I'm gonna be honest. I only intended on distracting it, I just accidentally hit it in the shoulder and it came looking for me." I said.

"It would've been too dangerous to try and fight it head on anyway. I'm just glad you were smart enough not to rush in head on. Unlike our old buddy Arctic Haze." Bacardi said. I raise an eyebrow.

"Was Arctic Haze-"

"The poor chap you looted the painkillers from? Yes." He replied. Now I felt bad, and I'm willing to be my all my healing potions that he doesn't have Billy's poor sense of humor

"Sorry, I didn't know. When I get my stuff back, I'll give you back the stuff I looted from him." I offered.

"It's fine. Besides, we used the painkillers on you." He said. We reach an area that consisted of a bunch of floor mattresses. No roof. Just a view of the night sky. A lovely scene to see..... unless it's raining. Midnight Huntress was already there, and my stuff was one the ground next to her.

"Glad you could make it Freelancer. Here's your stuff. I restocked your ammo for you." She said. Once again, she called me Freelancer.

"Why are you calling me that?" I asked. I wasn't offended, just curious.

"Well, you're not a raider. Or a H.C member, or a part of any faction. You're independent, ergo, you're a Freelancer." She explained. That made sense. I nodded at the explanation in the form of 'okay I get it'. I walk over to my stuff, take Apple Bloom off of my belt and place my battle saddle back onto my back, via my magic.

"Thanks." I said.

"Don't mention it." She replies. "Why don't you stop by the bar? I'll keep Apple Bloom company." I honestly didn't like the idea of leaving Apple Bloom with someone, or pony I just met.

"Um. I don't know." I said.

"It's okay Nightshade. Ms Huntress can finish tellin' me about the fight between her and the Chimera." Apple Bloom said. I smirk at that one.

"Alright, be sure to tell me how the story ends okay?" I said.

"Okay." She said. She walks over to Midnight Huntress. I turn around to make my way to the bar.

"So where was I?" I heard Midnight Huntress say as I walked of.

"The chimera had you in a deadly squeeze." I heard Apple Bloom say. I spot a sign that said 'Bronco's Bar'. That must've been it. Seriously, what's up with these Alliterative names. Anyway I began to make my way there. Upon making it to the door, I remember something I said I'd do if I survived that Alicorn attack.

I look at my PipBuck and find a way to change the color of my PipBuck to red. Now it matched my carapace and and eyes, and it looked a lot better than the green. Then I walk into the bar.

Upon entry, I see a dark grey griffon with yellow eyes behind the bartender stand tilting the antenna of some kind radio. The radio made no sound whatsoever, and from the look on the griffon's face, he was very irritated.

"Ugh! Come on you worthless piece of junk." He said in a rough and scratchy voice as he started banging on the radio top. I walk toward the stand. Next to the stand was an Amber colored bat pony mare with a bright red mane that was longer on her left side, and purple eyes. She had a strange appearance in clothing. She wore a pair of blue and light blue striped socks. Her cutie mark was strange too. It was a.... a heart with a kiss on it? What could that mean?

"Bronzequill. I don't think banging on the radio's gonna make it work." She said. Her voice gave me the vibe that she specialized in seducing. Now I'm starting to get a clearer picture as to what that cutie mark represented, but I wasn't gonna make my assumption just yet.

"Better than nothing." He replies. Apparently his name was Bronzequill.

"Maybe the radio tower's down or something." The mare replied.

"Yea, maybe you're right." Bronzequill said. He then looks up at me. Causing the mare look at me as well.

"Hey there newcomer. Never seen a Changeling in my bar before. What would you like?" He asked. I don't really know what drinks they serve here.

"Well, what do you have?" I asked. He suddenly looks at me shocked.

"What? You... you don't wanna hit me, or yell at me?" I looked at him very confused. I have now idea where he'd get the idea I'd want to hit him.

"The thought never came to mind." I replied.

"Well that's a surprise. I'm used to the creatures here giving me shit because I sound like those talking corpses." He explained.

"Talking corpses?" I asked.

"Yea, talking corpse. In other words a ghoul. The amount of jokes I hear per day are atrocious. Nice to see someone not making fun of it besides Solar." He said gesturing to the mare next to me.

"Well, my voice isn't exactly perfect either." I said in an attempt to make him feel better.

"A snake like voice combined with a metallic echo? Sounds a lot cooler than a scratchy nails-on-a-chalkboard voice." He said. "Still nice of you to say though." I just shrug at the statement. He then leans in and puts his hand by his beak as if he wanted me to lean in. He wanted to tell me something. I then lean in an point my ear toward his beak.

"Listen, the others would have my head if they're seeing me sell at a discount, but you get 10% off okay?" He said. I nod in response. We both back away, and a question comes to mind.

"What were you banging the radio for?" I asked.

"The signal's off and everything I tried hasn't been working." Bronzequill explained.

"I told you before Bronzequill, it's probably just the signal being shit." The mare, whose name was Solar, said. I wonder what her full name was. Solar sounds more like a stallion's name.

"What are you trying to listen to?" I asked.

"Equestria New Radio. The host mare, DJ-Pon3 is always keeping us creatures updated on what happens in the wastelands." Solar answered.

"DJ-Pon3?" I asked.

"Her real name is Vinyl Scratch. Aside from updating the wasteland of pretty much anything from a small caravan robbery to a large Alicorn raid, she puts on music every now and again." Solar explained. I then remember, my PipBuck has a built in radio.

I look at my PipBuck and scroll over to the Radio option, and there were two options. Enclave Radio, and Equestria News Radio. I click on Equestria News Radio, and within four seconds I hear an energetic, hip voice speaking on the radio.

"What's up creatures of the wastes?! It's your main mare DJ-Pon3 back with an-"

"See. I told you it couldn't have been the signal." Bronzequill said.

"No. You didn't."

"Whatever. Hey, Changeling fella."

"Nightshade." I spoke.

"Nightshade, could you leave the radio on and stay right here for a few minutes? At least until I get caught up with how the wasteland is?" He asked. Hmm. Maybe I can con him into giving me a drink for free. Only one way to find out.

"I would for a free drink." I said.

"Yea... not gonna happen." Bronzequill said. A little persuasion tells me otherwise.

"Okay. And off goes the radio." I said moving my hoof toward the PipBuck to turn off the radio. He panics.

"Okay, Okay! Jeez, you can have the free drink, but I choose what it is." Bronzequill says walking off.

"Fair enough." I said. A free drink is a free drink, I'll take it regardless. But if he poisons it or something, we are gonna have a problem.

"Well well. I'm impressed. I don't know any creatures capable of conning Bronzequill into a free drink other than myself. I'm gonna have to watch out for you." Solar said in a pretty seductive tone. I look at her to see me giving me half lidded eyes.

"Thank you. Mind if I get your name?" I asked. The mare gives a light laugh.

"To most I go by Solar Kisses. But for the right price, you could call me anything you like." She said. Now I could clearly see what her cutie mark was representing. But to be safe, I'll act dumb. Don't want to insult her of course.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It's cute that you act dumb, but I know I'm a whore. The word won't make me burst into flames." She said.

"I'm still not comfortable calling you that though." I replied. Bronzequill puts a double shots glass with a clear liquid on the table.

"Thank you." I said taking a sip. The drink had a bit of a... smoky taste. And it mildly burned my throat going down. It wasn't bad, it just caught me off guard, causing me to cough.

"What's the matter? *Chuckles* You a lightweight?" Solar Kisses asked. I don't know if I was a lightweight or not. But that wasn't the reason I was coughing, it was the unexpected burning lava going down my throat.

"I'm not a lightweight. *cough* I just wasn't expecting it to burn my throat." I replied.

"Hmph, then chug it down." Solar Kisses said. Hmph. Am I a lightweight? Time to find out. I gulp the whole thing down. This time, no coughing. But I'd be a liar if I said it didn't burn on the way down. I put the glass on the table and wipe my mouth. The drink was actually pretty good though. Not going out on just one.

"How much for another one?" I asked.

"10 caps." Bronzequill answered. I take twenty caps out of my pouch and give it to Bronzequill.

"Two more please. One for me, one for Solar Kisses here." I said. Bronzequill takes the caps and walks off.

"Hmm, and he buys a mare a drink. Keep this up, and I might even give you some for free." Solar said. That wasn't a very tempting offer, given her current occupation, but maybe I could learn some juicy information if I play my cards right.

"I wouldn't be much of a gentlestallion if I didn't get the lady a drink." I replied. Bronzequill comes back with an bottle labeled 'Sunset Rum' and places it on the table. He then places another double shots glass on the table and pours the alcohol into the glasses. I take mine, Solar Kisses takes hers. We toast our glasses, and drink. Then a question comes to mind.

"So I gotta ask. What's with the socks?" I asked.

"Aw, don't tell me you don't like how they look." She said. She then does a sexy pose to show off how the socks worked. I won't lie, I got a little red faced since the pose involved her presenting her hindquarters. I guess the socks were used for sexual appeal, making the flank look much more.... pleasurable.

"Solar, could you not tease the newcomer please?" A voice said from the door way. I turn to look at the door and Billy Buckshot, and a light grey pegasus pony with a black goatee wearing a brown desperado hat, and a black vest, along with a blue bandanna around his neck. That must be Cabela Cassidy.

"Come on Cassidy. Gotta have a little fun. I'm sure he knows the good old look but not touch rule." Solar said, getting out of the sexy pose. "But I wouldn't mind if he disobeyed." She said with a wink. Cassidy just groaned.

"You must be Nightshade." Cassidy said.

"And you must be Cassidy." I replied. I don't know what surprises me more, the lack of a country accent, or the fact that he's a pony. When Billy said 'Me and my brother' I thought his brother was another griffon. Serves me right for automatic assumption.

"-so thanks to the Steel Rangers. The Fallen Stars will no longer be occupying New Pegasus as their base. But for every open door, another one closes. Unfortunately for Borderville, The Hunter Confederacy was victorious in destroying the town." This, Vinyl Scratch pony, said. How she knew what happened to Borderville is completely unknown to me. Regardless, It got the attention of all of us.

"Oh my Celestia. Bacardi was in Borderville wasn't he?" Solar Kisses asked.

"Yea, he was. I was there too." I commented.

"You were? What happened?" Bronzequill asked.

"Apple Bloom and I was looking for a place to spend the night. The creatures of Borderville allowed us to stay in one of the rooms for rent, free the first night. While I was there some asshole was trying to hire me to blow up the town. It was built over an undetonated Belfire bomb. No idea who that that was a good idea, but it came back to bite them in the flank." I explained. It was suddenly quiet in the bar. Not that it was that loud. But there was definitely less chatter than when I first walked in.

"Then what happened?" Billy asked.

"I told him no. He attempted to pull a gun on me, but I didn't give him the chance. Shot the bastard and killed him where he stood. Got the bastards gun too." I said taking Lorenzo's SMG out as proof. "The sheriff there, Dawn, thought I shot him for no reason, but Bacardi vouched for me." I put the SMG back into my satchel. Bronzequill pours more Sunset Rum into me glass. I take it in my hoof, instead of my magic this time. And I noticed the whole bar was quiet. The radio on my PipBuck could be heard clearly, but I could tell that they preferred to listen to my story.

"So then what?" Cassidy asked. I sipped my rum and went back to talking.

"The next morning I went on my way. Apple Bloom and I needed to get to Blackridge, and yes, I'm aware of how far of a travel that is. Halfway to a place called Havoc, I came across a scrapyard. Found a couple of Raiders torturing Dogmeat. Of course, I took them out, and the Dog is now with me. We decided to spend the night in a shack. When we woke up, it turns out the Hunter Confederacy had hunted us down. They were pretty pissed upon finding out I killed their commander, and looted his corpse, so they tracked me down. Of course I wasn't gonna go down without a fight. But before the guns could go a blazin'. They decided to put on a fireworks display." I said taking another sip of the rum.

"I'm guessing that's when the bomb was detonated?" Bronzequill asked.

"You guess correctly. I mean. I don't necessarily care for the place itself. And I didn't know anyone there enough to care about them. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't have tried to help." I gulp the rest of the rum down. "Anyways, after killing all but one and crippling a griffons legs, I was on my way. But, Apple Bloom. She was devastated at what happened. I mean, I killed someone in front of her, and she watched a town get blown up. At this rate, she'll be suffering PTSD by the time she's eleven, if she's not already suffering."

"Apple Bloom?" Solar Kisses asked.

"His daughter." Billy said.

"I'm not her father. I'm her guardian." I corrected. "Her family left her in Stable 7, and I'm helping her get back to them."

"Stable 7? That where you got the PipBuck from?" Cassidy asked.

"Yea. If I was gonna help find her family, I was gonna need the PipBuck for advantages out here." I explained.

"I never knew Stables had Changelings in them." Bronzequill said.

"I'm not sure they do. The only reason I was there was because it's previous occupants opened the Stable and left me there so I could receive medical attention. Apparently, the ones who left me there were Apple Bloom's family. Along with someone named Mustang. The sad thing is, I knew Apple Bloom's family, according to the holotape that was on my body. Unfortunately, I can't remember a thing. I lost my memories." I said.

"That's terrible." Solar commented. Bronzequill poured some more rum into the glass.

"I know it is, but reuniting Apple Bloom with her family is one way to help me regain my memories. But getting her back to her family is more important." I said drinking once more. Silence occurred in the bar.

"- In other news, The Alicorns have been a little quiet lately. This may sound like it's good news, but be on the lookout. Remember, Alicorns are smarter than the average mutant. Be on your guard." Vinyl said.

"Bacardi told me you killed an Alicorn earlier. That true?" Billy asked.

"Crushed it with random debris." I answered. I drink the rum halfway down.

"That why you got the bandages on?" Cassidy asked.

"Damn thing threw me through a wall out of a building two stories high. Cracked my shell when I landed, and I was bleeding out." I answered.

"What did you do to trigger the Alicorn?" Bronzequill asked.

"I was actually just trying to distract it, but I accidentally shot it in the shoulder, so it came looking for me. Long story short. It found me, I killed it, I bleed out and woke up being carried here." I said. "So, that's my life's story. I'm on a quest to find a filly's family, and my past. Hell will try to prevent me. But I'll make sure it fails."

"I'll drink to that." Cassidy said.

"Here here." Billy said. Bronzequill pours two glasses of the same rum and gives it to them. The three of us drink the rum down. Billy and Cassidy cough a little.

"Damn, Sunset rum huh? *cough* that's a very heavy drink. How much did you drink?" Cassidy asked. I had no idea. I lost count.

"Lost count after the second glass." I said.

"Yer no lightweight I'll give you that." Billy said. I must've been a heavy drinker or something, because I felt fine. I know that I didn't have that many, but the drink was heavy. I'm done drinking anyway. I wouldn't wanna be drunk in front of Apple Bloom.

"Okay, I'm done drinking. Gotta get back to Apple Bloom, and I'll need to not be in a hangover when I do." I said taking fifty caps out of my satchel and placing them on the bar table.

"If it's too much, keep the change." I said as I walked off.

"See you soon." Bronzequill said.


I walk out of the bar and make my way to the floor mattress area. I check the time on my PipBuck. It was 9:23 pm. Guess time flies when you're drinking. Anyway, time for me to get to Apple Bloom, still need to teach her how to sneak.

I make it to the floor mattress area and see Dogmeat sleeping on one of the mattresses, but Apple Bloom was nowhere to be found.

"Apple Bloom?" I called. I began to look around. I take a few steps forward to look around some more. I still couldn't find her. For a filly, she's got a habit of not being were I seen her last. I continued to look around, but still couldn't find her. She could not have left the base, so there's no reason for me to panic.

*pat* My ears picked up from behind me. Instinctively, I turn around, and I turned around fast. I saw Apple Bloom looking like I just caught her with her hoof in a cookie jar.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Ah was tryin' tah sneak up on ya, but yer ears are too sensitive." Apple Bloom explained. I shook my head and chuckled. I then walk up to her.

"I managed to hear your hoofstep on solid ground. You were probably moving too fast. Next time try to slow down." I explained.

"Okay." Apple Bloom said. She looked a little disappointed. She shouldn't worry, I know she'll get it right.

"It's okay. You'll be difficult to hear, or find in no time." I said to reassure her. She gives me a small smile, to which I return the favor.

"Nightshade. Ah'm a little hungry. Can ah get a snack please?" She asked.

"Oh, sure." I answered. I take my battle saddle off of my back and put it next to Dogmeat. I reach inside and take out a box labeled 'Golden Dandy Apples'. I wonder why I haven't been hungry. Two days since we left combined with the two weeks I've been in a coma and my stomach hasn't done as much as growl. I'm curious as to why though.

"Here you go-" I stop right there. Apple Bloom wasn't there anymore. That was smart of her. Very smart. Better find her though, she still needs to eat anyway. Then I heard rapid hoofsteps behind me. I turn around to see Apple Bloom peek her head around the corner of the building. She giggles.

"That was clever. I'll give you that one." I said. She walks over to me as I opened the box. "When you're finished eating, I'll teach you more on sneaking. Okay?" I asked, giving her the box. She reaches into the box and began to eat the yellow apple slices. In the middle of chewing she takes out some apple slice and offers me a few pieces.

"Oh no, I'm not hungry." I said. She tilts her head in confusion and swallowed.

"But, it's been two days. You sure ain't hungry?" She asked.

"I'm positive Apple Bloom, I'll be fine." I reassured her. She looks at the apples and then back at me. That's when she put the apples back in the box.

"What are you doing?"

"Ah'm savin' you some in case you change yer mind." She responded. I smiled at the act of kindness coming from Apple Bloom, but she shouldn't do that for me.

"It's okay Apple Bloom, there's more food in my satchel if I do." I said. Apple Bloom closes the box and gives it back to me.

"Ah insist Nightshade." Apple Bloom said. I just place the box next to the sleeping Dogmeat.

"So, what more are you gonna teach me about sneakin'?" Apple Bloom asked. I tap my chin. She was clever enough to trick me into looking away, and she was quiet, and fast enough to disappear without me knowing. But she needed to work on how quiet she should move. I did manage to hear her twice. Now how was I gonna do that?

...

...

That's it!

"Apple Bloom, are you up for a game of hide and seek?" I asked.


I was playing a fourth round of hide and seek, and I gotta say, she's getting progressively better at this. The first round, I managed to find her pretty quickly because she accidentally knocked over a trash can and tried to put it back. Caught her in the middle of it. Told her to be more careful when sneaking around things that make noise. The second round I found her hiding under a table with a cloth over it. I told her not to pick such an obvious spot and to be smarter about where to hide. The third round, she was very difficult to find. Everywhere I looked, I couldn't find her. It wasn't until I checked one of the buildings and saw that she was on top of a shelf. And the only reason I found her was because I heard her knock something off the shelf. That's when I told her to take advantage of covering noise. Use something to draw my attention away and move quickly, but only do it when it's necessary, given the risk.

This round, however, was the most difficult so far. It had been fifteen minutes since the game started, and I haven't found her yet. Everywhere I looked, Apple Bloom wasn't there.

"Hmm, now if I were Apple Bloom, where would I go to hide. After getting caught three times?" I asked myself. I then heard a small clank sound, causing me to look to my right. It was an alley like area with a trash can at the edge and a box backed up against the building. I manage to see part of a pink bow poking out from the side of the trash can. A bow that I was particularly familiar with.

I began to walk closer to the can with a bit of a smirk on my face.

"Oh Apple Bloom, you did so well, but leaving your bow in the open for me to see is a fatal-" Upon moving closer to the can, I see that the bow was pinned to the trash can, but Apple Bloom was nowhere in the area. "-mistake?" I take the bow off of the trash can and chuckle.

"A decoy, clever filly. Clever filly indeed." I said. I observe the area. It wasn't that big, so she either put this there earlier, or before I walked into the alley. I then heard a something solid hit the ground behind me. Due to instinct, I turn around to see what caused the noise. That's when I noticed the box shift a little in my peripheral vision. She was under the box, and she was trying to use noise to distract me. She learns so fast.

I walk over to the box and was about to lift it up the box, but... that'd be no fun. I walk in place, making sure my hooves sounded like I was walking away. I then move beside the box and waited.

About thirty seconds later, the box lifts up and Apple Bloom's head peeks out. She then looks around, and gets out from under the box. She gently places the box back down, careful not to make the slightest noise with it. She then runs to the edge of the alley to see if I was there. That's when I began to creep up on her. She was too busy peeking around the corner to notice a sudden shadow casting over her.

"Found ya." I said. Apple Bloom jumps upon suddenly hearing my voice. She quickly turns around breathing heavily, but quickly regains it.

"Aw, ah though ah stumped you this time." Apple Bloom said.

"I'm not gonna lie, you did. But you forgot something important. You can use covering noise to distract me and take my attention away from where you are, but you need to only do it when it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, I may see you if I've got too quick of an eye." I informed. Apple Bloom nods in response. I then smile. "The decoy was clever. Very smart of you." Apple Bloom smiles.

"Thanks Mr. Night *yawn*"

Her yawn caused me to look at the time. It was damn near midnight. 11:49 pm. Apple Bloom was tired, and I was reaching my point of sleepiness myself.

"Come on Apple Bloom, let's get some sleep." I said.

"Okay." Apple Bloom said tiredly. The two of use then walk to the floor mattress area to see Dogmeat still asleep. He took up most of the bed, leaving little room. I shook him awake.

"Dogmeat. Off." I said. Dogmeat looks at me and then gets off of the mattress. As he got off, I laid down on my back, not even taking the battle saddle off. I felt Apple Bloom curl herself underneath my right hoof. I was gonna go to sleep, but then I looked at Dogmeat. He looked at me with flopped ears and gave a quieted whimper. He was begging to come to bed. I was too tired to try and tell him no, so I just tapped my chest. Dogmeat moves to my left side and places head on my chest and looks at me.

"Gets some sleep fur ball. We've got things to do." I said. Dogmeat licks me again. I just groan and go to sleep.


I woke up to the feeling of a drop of water hitting my snout. I flicker my eyes open and saw grey clouds in the sky. It wasn't a lot of rain, just drizzle, couldn't bother anybody. I was gonna sit up, but I found myself unable to. A certain vanilla-yellow coated filly had transitioned from my side to right beside my head with her hoof around my neck, as well as a grey furred wolf dog transitioned from my left side to full on lying onto my stomach. Dogmeat's snout was right underneath my chin.

My face continued to get hit with small raindrops. Dogmeat sort of shielded my lower body which was nice, but I wouldn't want to smell like wet dog. I tapped on Dogmeat and he slowly woke up. He gets off of me and stretched. I gently take Apple Bloom's hoof from around my neck and stand up taking my hat off and putting it on Apple Bloom to keep her dry. I stretch and pop my back again. I take a second to check my stuff to see that it was all there, which it was. I looked at Apple Bloom, she was sleeping so peacefully. So adorably. I didn't wanna wake her. So I picked her up with my magic and hold her with my front hoof as I used the hat to keep her dry by hovering it over her. It manage to shield her from the head to the top half of her hind legs. The bottom portion of her hind legs would still get wet, but it wasn't enough to wake her up.

I walk to the gate and was met up by Midnight Huntress.

"Leaving already? I was getting used to you staying." She told me.

"I'm sorry I have to leave, but I've gotta get to Blackridge. The longer I wait. The longer it'll take to get there." I explained.

"That's understandable, but I'm still kinda saddened. I was hoping to get to know you better." Midnight Huntress explained.

"The feeling is mutual, Midnight. I'd really would've liked to her that story between you and the Chimera." I replied. She gives a little chuckle.

"I'm sure Apple Bloom will tell you the full story." Midnight replies. I smile at the comment. I look at Apple Bloom as I felt her snuggle up closer to my chest. Pulling her legs in underneath the hat even more. I looked at Dogmeat who was panting and pet him on the head.

"I think now's a good a time as any to take those bandages off." Midnight said. I had completely forgotten about the bandages. I use the sharp point of my tail to tear the top part of it off, and then use my magic to take it off.

"That thing's pretty handy isn't it?" Midnight asked. I look back at my tail instinctively.

"Yeah, I guess it is." I answered.

"Have you ever... used it like a weapon?"

"I might've, back when I had my memories. But since I woke up, no."

"You think there might be venom in that thing?"

"No idea. I haven't been desperate enough to use it." I answered. A silence fell between us. The rain wasn't bothering me so far, but Apple Bloom was shaking. The rain was making it cold, so I moved her in closer.

"You wouldn't happen to have something for her to wear do you? Something a little warmer?" I asked.

"Yea, of course. Stay here, I'll be right back." She said. She then runs off and goes in one of the buildings. I sit on my hind hooves and hug Apple Bloom with both hooves, to kept her warm. Next thing I here is hoofsteps. Midnight Huntress comes back with something underneath her wing. She makes it to me and pulls a folded pink hoodie out from underneath.

"Here." She said.

"Thank you." I said taking the hoodie. I place it into the satchel and give her a smile. I turn around, ready to leave, but she stopped me.

"Before you leave, I'd like to give you something." She said. I look at her with a raised eyebrow. Confused as to what she meant by that.

"What exactly do you me-"

*smooch*

She....she just kissed me. Why would she do that?

She moves her lips away from my cheeks, the area she had kissed, and my cheeks began to burn. That was just out of nowhere. I haven't done anything to receive that...... Did I?

"Be sure to come back soon. Okay?" She said. Of course I'm gonna wanna come back, ammo, supplies, this place has it all. But now, I don't know whether or not to do so. I mean, I don't wanna be rude, but I don't know my own past. I could probably have a marefriend, or a wife even. But then again, I probably don't. I guess fate would have to decide whether or not I should, or will come back.

"I'm afraid that's not up to me." I said.

"Hmph. Well when it is, come back and-,"

*Shroom*

a thick red liquid suddenly splatters onto my face, impairing my vision. I use my free hoof to wipe the liquid off. I open my eyes, they then widened. Midnight Huntress was on the ground, bleeding from the neck. She had been shot, and she was holding her neck with her hooves, bleeding profusely from the neck. I quickly run toward cover. I peeked out and quickly go into S.A.T.S. I saw a pony, wearing white combat armor. Armor I have seen before.

It was the Hunter Confederacy. And they had shot Midnight. I come out of S.A.T.S and look back at Midnight Huntress as more bullets came into the base. Apple Bloom fidgets awake upon hearing the bullets.

"Nightshade! What's going on?!" She asked in panic.

"Apple Bloom, hide. NOW!" I shouted. Apple Bloom jumps out of my hooves and runs off. I take one last look at Midnight Huntress, she was in the open. Used as bait for anyone to try and help her. What am I to do?

Try to help her. (Good Karma)

Shoot Back. (Neutral Karma)

Put her out of her misery. (Evil Karma)


Footnote

New skills: Mare Killer- Easier to persuade Mares and 20% more damage to mares.

Author's Note:

This was a difficult Chapter to write. Oh well, Time for the post chapter status report.

Nightshade's Karma: Seeker

Good: 0

Neutral: 5

Evil: 0

Trivia:

Nightshade dropping a large pile of debris on the Alicorn is a reference to Fallout Equestria's Littlepip dropping a house on an Alicorn in Chapter 7 of Fallout Equestria.

Nightshade constantly being mistaken for Apple Bloom's father is a reference to Lee from The Walking Dead being mistaken for Clementine's father.

Originally this chapter was gonna be named Alicorns, and it would've been the Alicorns that attacked Wolfwater.

Nightshade was gonna have a nightmare involving an Alicorn, which would trigger him being paranoid and foresee an attack coming.

If Nightshade's decision was Good Karma, Bacardi would call him reckless but brave.

If Nightshade's decision was Evil Karma, Nightshade would find Wolfwater on his own and Bacardi would tell him that the Alicorn left.

Midnight Huntress' name is a genderbent version name of Midnight Hunter from Prince Ezio: The Changeling Assassin.

Billy Buckshot and Cabela Cassidy are names referencing the Western outlaws, Billy the kid, and Butch Cassidy

Barcardi has the same accent as Whitechapel Charlie from Fallout 4

That's all the trivia for today. Voting deadline is my birthday, April 5th.