• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Four Part Finale 2/4

Midnight Castle: Everhere, Vol 7, Chapter 11, Risen of the Chosen

Let me only say, that this week's chapter didn't disappoint! :D I knew it was going to be crazy and it was, and definitely not in the way I thought it would be.

So, let's begin!

We start up in the Poseidon-Reality right after where we left off last time. Only difference is that it's not the past, but the present. Everyone seems to be getting along with their jobs (which they took in the past). Bellucio has a scary talk with Poseidon who praises him as "the favorite of his disciples" (and also says that's why everyone will always love him) and decides to give him a new task: to find an everstone for him. However, this time he also has an additional condition: Bellucio is to take an apprentice: Molly. (That was a surprise).

Meanwhile Eric convinces Megan and Danny to set on a mission of their own. Since Euryala is so obsessed with Poseidon, maybe what they really should be after is learning the nature of their relationship and for that go to Zeus. There is some reluctance, but in the end they agree and head off. However, not before Blazen and Omni see that. Omni goes to tell the others, while Blazen insists on talking to Euryala.

Going to Euryala, Balzen tells her the knows (to which she responds she’s aware) and presses her to tell him more about himself. He shares past of his family, but also asks what she meant about them behind a pair. Euryala finally reveals that thanks to her reality bubble power she has managed to float between realities and the only constant is him. Even in the realities he kills her (?!?) he loves her, also he's the one who has the last piece of her heart. (Not sure if romantic, or just mushy;)) Turns out she once saw the Everprince when he went to visit Poseidon. It is after that that Poseidon started acting strangely, causing people to fall in love with him. Her own sister left everything to be with him, yet he only smashed her heart, and a few years later he did the same to Euryala.

After a lot of backstory and flashbacks Omni and Karl arrive. Everyone's wondering what to do, at which point Euryala says that Echo controls Eric now and is probably leading Megan and Molly in a trap. Therefore, as much as she hates it they'll have to take a detour and help "the idiots". Opening a portal of her own, she tells them they'll need to go to Hades reality to seek help "from an old acquaintance". We have a lot of cloak and dagger and them deceiving Molly and Bellucio, after which they go to Hades. Almost instantly they are surrounded by the Cerberus triplets. Then it's revealed that Euryala and he are cousins and of Titan descent. (Called it!)

Back to Zeus reality. Eric, indeed walks Danny and Megan into a trap: they go in the mountain, where Zeus is supposed to be and find that he's not there. Echo appears and mocks them (since they should remember that Zeus is ruler of this world and the corporations and armies work for him, thus there's no reason for him to stay in his temple.) She then goes on to explain how the gods have been deceiving them all along, that they aren't the noble benevolent entities that they claimed, but killed, banished, and imprisoned thousands, thus they will kill them one by one. Danny is told to go to the Felina corp and get the "god killer" hidden in the vault. Threatening Eric (and with that their portal) Megan and Danny agree.

The trio (four of them since Echo is hiding within Eric) take advantage of a Zeus party to enter Felina corp HQ. lots of awkwardness (Cassandra, Zeus appearing, etc.) but finally Danny goes to the secure vault area. He is about to try and open the safe, when The Director enters the room and calmly sits at his desk. Danny panics, but the director just opens a drawer and places a small vial on the desk.

"Next time, when you come for something, just ask me," the Director sighs, as he locks his desk drawer. "Would save both of us a lot of them and explanations."

There's a moment of silence. Danny looks at the vial, then at the director. His hand instinctively moves towards the hidden knife he has in his back pocket. With it and his powers he could probably lay take on the old man, but would he be able to escape after?

"Why are you helping me?" Danny asks. "Back with the evercrown and now here. What is your angle?"

"All that time and you still haven't figured it out?" The Director shakes his head. "I am you. I've been you all along."

Two words: mind blown! :D

I really don't know what to think. I so much love the subtle continuity in Everhere. Chronicles were great, but that was something I missed—we'd have a cool villain of background character appear for a chapter, then disappear never to be heard from again. If we're very lucky they might do a cameo. Here everything seems to fit in place. :) Also, poor Eric. I'm sure he's hurting so bad inside :( Echo is such a *yay*! I really wish someone would kill her!

Your thoughts?

PrinceEric

Well, this one had me stumped. Reading it, everything seemed logical and even expected, but I'd have never imagined things go down this way. Danny (or a reality twin of Danny) being the head of the Felina corp? Talk about irony. Also, the powers that be really are nasty. Echo, Icelos, Euryala... I wonder who'll be next to try and manipulate the grand 9.

I have one concern, though. The main cast seem to be a bit too lost. Yes, they have new powers and stuff, but it's like everyone is manipulating them. (Of course, if we believe the Poseidon dream thing, they have been manipulated all along...) I just don't know.

PaintDrop

Well, at least we have a bit of clarity about who is against who. Echo hates the gods because they imprisoned her (still a claim). Euryala hates Poseidon for what he did to her and her sister (confirmed if the spoiler is to be believed). As for Icelos...I'm clueless. :) I'm not even sure if he's good or evil anymore. Bellucio and Molly deadly assassins, though :) I can see them as doing on adventures to find power trinkets, though :)

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Funny you should mention that. "Disciples of Poseidon" is actually a side project that will appear in the near future. I can't talk about it, of course, but let me just say that you're not too far off, especially regarding the main characters. ;)

Luna

@Luna: Hey! How come, when I made a few spoilers you were all on me, but you could leak info any time you wish! :/

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: You're not a princess, sweetie. :)

TheRealLuna

He does have a nice ass, though. And still unclaimed.

Fleetfoot

What?!? If circumstances weren't what they were, I'd take you in an instant! (Sorry, CEO.)

@PaintDrop: You fancy him? :P (You've been dedicating a lot of time on beautifying yourself.)

RRBB

Yay, lucky me :/ One of two fillies has promised to marry me when they get older.

Fleet, I'll tear your feathers off! :/

CEOWitch

@RRBB: You are dead to me!

I demand to play with Pixel for one hour after class!

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: I think you and CEO would look cute together. :)

Does anypony know how Short&Hoofy is doing? I haven't seen her lately and she hasn't been responding to my PMs. Same about Max.

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: She's fine, just really grounded. :( Hopefully she and Max will be back here soon.

LyraHands

I think I got it! The Everprince is actually Zeus' father who dot imprisoned by his sons along with everyone else who interfered with their taking over reality!

MightyDragon

@MightyDragon: You're such a geek! How did Dark let her through her hooves? You two would have made a great couple. :)

But no. No way that will happen.

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: He's already part of a great couple! Besides, I was faster :P Isn't that right?

CodeFilly

What she said! This thread has been licked!

MightyDragon

I'm sure that's not all that has been licked :P

LyraHands

Hypocrite!

MightyDragon

Stallions and mares, must I start warning you as well?

The TechNightling

Sorry. I blame Brush and summer.

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next