• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Everhere Finale - Final Chapter

After some deliberation, we decided to have the following format:

I’ll comment on events during the first two readings (briefly) then pass to PrinceEric for his final analysis the of the volume. And then we’ll go back to comments. :)

Let me just start by saying... are you *yay* Kidding me?! Over 500 Nightlings managed to come here! And I’m pretty much not counting the local Pegasi! The first meetup didn’t have that many! (Actually I don’t think we had 50 back then :)).

Nightlings from pretty much all major cities made it, and quite a few small ones as well. At first I thought it weird to have this at the stadium, but now that it’s starting to fill up it’s rather cool. (The stands are empty, but it would have been scary if they weren’t.)

Lots of familiar faces, including LightSparkle who brought a thousand human caps (:P), but also some completely new. Lots of changelings, a new dragon, and-get ready for it-a siren! Yep, you heard it right! And mare, did she have an impact. (Both RRBB and Short&Hoofy were drooling, along with half the stallions :P)

Also, Flurry is so cute! (And, no surprise, so infatuated by Jade)

Anyway, reading is about to start

PaintDrop

Talk about a strong start! Simile did miracles again. I’m definitely going on one of the clouds for the second reading!

Oh, just so you know... even more Nightlings showed up! I’d say we’re well over a thousand! RRBB has been going up and down like crazy making sure everything is okay. PPI made a giant cake replica of the Felina corp HQ, which is now partially destroyed :)

Garble feels so out of place, I’m almost sorry for the dragon. Also, PlayedPiece is a blast! If I get a chance I’ll talk to her later (everypony wants to, it seems).

Pixel wandered through the dream at some point it was hilarious! Oh, and Candle came with tons of plushies. I fear many Nightlings will part with their bits... and it will be worth it! I got ten secondary characters :)

Time for chapter 2

PaintDrop

Okay, we’re almost up to the big one! Lyra had to lie down for a bit, got us a bit scared, but seems that’s normal so close to giving birth (FYI it’s about a month and a half away :)) Good thing we gave a dozen Nightling doctors and nurses in the audience who were here to make sure all is fine.

Princess Celestia also came by and got into a huge discussion with PlayedPiece. It was like a class reunion... after a few millennia. LightSparkle is embarrassed as Tartarus :)

The view from the cloud is great! RRBB even agreed to include that option in future dreamreadings (and is in discussions for cloud purchases).

Prince Blueblood and Captain Spitfire showed up... which made things tense for a bit. DaBoss and her coltfriend were also there... so far things are okay. Hope they last during the finale.

PaintDrop

Wow! Holy stars! It’s like... if I didn’t have Oopsy, I’d be begging Blueblood to marry me! The finale was so good! Even Max begrudgingly liked it. There already are a lot of discussions what it means and how it changes everything written so far. That’s why I’m so late with posting this. It started as pretty expected, then neared the twist which everypony could see a mile off... then gave us a totally new twist!

Thank you @Luna, @number1, @speculator7 for the great Volume! Can’t wait for the next!

And now the analysis!


We start directly with a battle. Titan armies pour into Mistmount and march through local police mages and even military ones. Corporations seem to be defending their turfs, but not attacking. Cassandra is in charge of escorting a convoy to Felina’s main vault, when Prometheus attacks. Things look grim, as none of the sorcerers are knocked out by titan minions, but then Megan appears with Athena and saves Cassandra and some of the artifacts.

As they go to the Williams’ home (the base, as usual), we learn there’s fighting throughout the city. Some of the corporations have taken sides (Skyla has joined the titans and Megan has defected). The Overseers are nowhere to be seen, as is Zeus. Danny is worried that there’s no word from Eric or Blazen, when they are attacked by Atlas (new titan).

Meanwhile, the Everprince appears with Echo, Eric, and Blazen and attacks a Grogar vault. He gets something from there (yet unknown) and is about to head out, when Hades (evil Hades?) appears and says it’s been a while.

Back to Danny, who manages to fend off Atlas thanks to his everpower... plus Athena and Computrix. Molly is visibly upset with Bellucio (betrayal or shipping? Too difficult to tell). Using her skills, Computrix tells what the situation in the city is: three corporations have joined the titans, Felina has declared neutrality, and pretty much half of the city is under titan control. Danny begs Euryala to call the junior gods, regardless what deal they have to make with them. There is extreme hesitation (plus a minor evergem duel) after which she is about to agree... but suddenly a wounded Blazen appears, along with Eric, Echo, and... Omni! They explain that Hades has killed the original Everprince (?) and now mental control is shared between Loki and Omni. Omni tells them that the Overseers have made a deal with Hades not to meddle in the battle. Bellucio then says that there’s only one thing they could do if they are to have a chance: restore Poseidon.

Bellucio goes back to Poseidon’s prison, while the others fight their way to a portal to Equestria. There are a few more grand battle scenes in which they evade titans (Prometheus is so OP with his fire powers :)). Upon reaching the specific area to open a “clean portal” the Overseers have gathered there in force. Things are tense, but the Zeus suddenly appears. He says he’s sorry,but this is how things are supposed to be (he’s actually been the head of the Overseers all along). He lets them go through the portal, explaining that the Everhere never was his original reality.

Danny is devastated, but Omni and Caprice manage to drag him off towards Canterlot while Eric and Echo seal the portal (? temporary). They tell the princesses what is going on and Princess Celestia agrees with the plan to awaken Poseidon.

Everyone gather at the statue; Bellucio has arrived with Kalypso and the other two thirds of the deity. Princess Celestia unpetrifies the statue and they perform the final merging spell. Equestria trembles and Poseidon comes to be. He looks at himself, says a few words (to the Everprince, Icelos, Athena, Klaypso, and Euryala) then thanks the grand9 for awakening him.

Poseidon also welcomes them to HIS REALITY (!!!) to which Princess Celestia and Princess Luna bow, saying “Welcome back, Creator”.

Dun dun dun!

This is just... now I must reread EVERYTHING from the beginning. Just wow! I knew Poseidon will awaken, I suspected Zeus might pull a fast one, but Equestria being created by Poseidon... that I didn’t see!

PrinceEric

I’m locking the site! I hate to be that mare, but ten threads have exploded and the amount of comments are overloading the server, even with the precautions taken.

I’ll start unlocking sections gradually as things calm down.

What a finale, though! I want to read it again :)

HopHop

PreviousChapters Next