• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 2,018 Views, 25 Comments

Sickie Marks - TheMasterofDespair



The Cutie Mark Crusaders get their Cutie Marks, or Sickie Marks as they are known.

  • ...
6
 25
 2,018

Chapter 1

Sickie Marks

Chapter 1

It was nearing the end of class, less than five minutes till the bell would ring. Scootaloo eyes were intensely focused on the clock watching the seconds tick away.

--- Tick Tock ---

Apple Bloom on the other hand was calmly waiting at her desk, writing down the assignment for tomorrow.

--- Tick Tock ---

In the desk at the back right of the classroom was Sweetie Belle who was fast asleep, with a little drool dripping from her mouth.

--- Tick Tock ---

Immediately as the bell rung Scootaloo dashed out of the classroom, leaving the rest of the class a little shaken. The remaining students followed afterwards, except Sweetie Belle who was still asleep. She awoken when she heard the door slam shut, and was a little startled to find the room completely empty.

The front doors to the school flung open, as the students charged out. “Hey Scootaloo, wait up,” called Apple Bloom.

“Hey Apple Bloom,” said Scootaloo. “Thank Celestia school is over.”

“So what are we going to do today?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Oh I have an idea. But, where is Sweetie Belle?” said Scootaloo.

“I’m right here!” shouted Sweetie Belle, as she tried to catch up to them.

“So what’s your idea?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Well we’re going to…” but before she could finish her sentence they were confronted by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

“Aw look, the loser squad is off to find their cutie marks,” said Diamond Tiara.

“What’s it to you,” replied Scootaloo.

“Well any normal filly would have already gotten their cutie mark,” said Diamond Tiara.

“Oh, come on DT, we shouldn’t be making fun of them just because they’re a little… Slowwwwww,” said Silver Spoon.

“Slow! We’re not slow!" snapped Sweetie Belle.

“Well if you had any talent at all, you losers wouldn’t fail at everything you tried to do,” said Diamond Tiara.

“Will have our cutie marks very soon,” remarked Apple Bloom.

“Yeah, and they will be so much cooler than yours,” added Scootaloo.

“Well good luck trying. See you around, Blank Flanks!” said Diamond Tiara, as she and Silver Spoon ran off laughing.

“Jerks,” said Sweetie Belle.

“Ah, let’s just forget about them,” said Apple Bloom. “So what do you guys want to do?”

“Well like I was saying before, let’s explore the Everfree Forest,” said Scootaloo.

“Are you sure, we were told not to go there,” replied Apple Bloom.

“But that’s why it’s going to be so much fun,” added Scootaloo.

“I’m in,” said Sweetie Belle.

“Um, Okay… Let’s go,” said Apple Bloom.

Just outside of Ponyville lay the creepy and mysterious forest, Everfree. The eerie woods lay home to many strange and exotic creatures. Some were known to the citizens of Ponyville, while most remained hidden among its forage. The many trees that expanded across its fields left a seemingly gloomy feel to its dark surrounding, as if the shadows themselves held deep and untold secrets.

“Yippee,” cheered the cutie mark crusades, as they skipped happily through the forest.

“Okay Cutie Mark Crusaders what do we do now?” asked Apple Bloom.

“We should be trying to get our cutie marks,” replied Scootaloo.

“By doing what?” said Apple Bloom.

“We could… Well, I got nothing,” said Scootaloo.

“Me neither,” answered Apple Bloom.

“Ah, Sweetie Belle,” questioned both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.

“W-What going on?” asked Sweetie Belle, who was not paying any attention to their conversation.

“Wait a minute, I got an idea!” shouted Scootaloo. “I’ll be right back.” She than ran off in the direction towards ponyville. In about five minutes she returned carrying a Frisbee in her mouth, “Time to get our cutie marks in EXTREME FRISBEE!”

“Awesome!” yelled both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

“Okay Apple Bloom, go long,” called Scootaloo, throwing the Frisbee. The Frisbee flew high in the sky soaring at a tremendous speed. On the ground below was Apple Bloom running as fast as she possible could, in her mind she could already see her cutie mark appearing. As the Frisbee came lower to the ground Apple Bloom jumped into the air, and opened her mouth to catch it, but found herself just out of reach. She tumbled to the ground, as the Frisbee landed beside her.

“Epic fail!” shouted Scootaloo.

“Apple Bloom, Apple Bloom, pass it to me,” called Sweetie Belle, hopping in the air. Apple Bloom picked up the Frisbee, tossed it towards Sweetie Belle, she jumped high into the sky to catch it, but instead she got smacked right in the eyes by the Frisbee.

“Wow, your both bad at this,” said Scootaloo.

“Well let’s see you do better,” said Apple Bloom.

“Yeah,” continued Sweetie Belle, not noticing see was facing the opposite direction.

“Okay, bring it on,” said Scootaloo, running out into the distance. Apple Bloom picked up the Frisbee and threw it at Scootaloo. The Frisbee again soared through the air, Scootaloo who was already ahead of the Frisbee timed her jump perfectly, and caught the Frisbee in her mouth. As the came back to the ground she did a front flip, and landed on her hoofs. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were completely speechless.

“You see it’s not that hard,” said Scootaloo.

“Okay, let’s go,” said Apple Bloom,” Scootaloo tossed it towards Apple Bloom, but before she could grab it Sweetie Belle jumped in front of her and intercepted it. She then tossed it straight up into the sky, which Apple Bloom caught, as it returned shortly after.

Immediately afterwards, Apple Bloom threw it back at Scootaloo. The Frisbee flew higher than the trees. Scootaloo jumped onto a branch of one of the trees, she hopped from branch to branch until she reached the top of the tree. The Frisbee came in her direction, which led her to the far end of the highest branch, and just barely caught the Frisbee on the edge of her teeth.

“Wow,” called Sweetie Belle.

“Come on Sweetie Belle,” said Scootaloo, from the top of the tree. She than flew the Frisbee as hard as she could. Sweetie Belle chased after the Frisbee, but it was traveling to fast for her to keep up, she slowed to a stop when it disappeared deep into the woods.

“Where’d it go,” said Apple Bloom.

“I don’t know,” replied Scootaloo.

“Don’t worry, I’ll find it,” said Sweetie Belle cheerfully. She wondered deep into the woods, searching high, and low for the Frisbee. After a few seconds she was about to give up, when she saw the Frisbee stuck in a tree. She tried to reach it but she couldn’t, afterwards she decided to use her magic. Even though she wasn’t to experience with magic, she was able to remove the Frisbee from the tree, and grabbed it in her mouth.

She turned around, and was about to return to her friends, when she stopped dead in her tracks, dropping the Frisbee to the ground. In front of her lay a pony half buried under some twigs and leaves. The pony was a mare unicorn with a light reddish coat, and a white mane and tail that was as white as snow.

Sweetie Belle slowly approached the pony, looking down she could see blood, there was scraps, slashes and bite marks along her body. Sweetie Belle removed several of the leaves and twigs that covered her, trying to see if she was even alive.

“Where is she,” said Apple Bloom.

“I don’t know, maybe we should go find her,” replied Scootaloo.

“Scootaloo, Apple Bloom!” screamed Sweetie Belle.

“Sweetie Belle, what’s going on!” shouted Apple Bloom.

“Please come here, hurry!” yelled Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom quickly ran into the woods to find Sweetie Belle.

“Sweetie Belle, wha…” But they stopped in mid-sentence when they saw the wounded pony.

“W-What happened?” asked Apple Bloom.

“I don’t know, I just found her here like this,” replied Sweetie Belle.

“I-Is she alive?” asked Scootaloo.

“Yeah she’s alive, she’s still breathing,” answered Sweetie Belle. “Maybe somepony should go get help, Scootaloo can you go to back ponyville and get someone?”

“Alright, I’ll be back in a couple minutes,” replied Scootaloo. She was about to run off, but stopped when the three of them heard a moan come from the wounded pony.

“Are you okay?” asked Apple Bloom. Slowly the pony opened her eyes to see Apple Bloom staring down at her.

“C-Cute B-B-Bow,” said the pony.

“Um okay… Thanks,” replied Apple Bloom. “Look everything’s going to be okay, we’re going to bring you to Ponyville...”

“No, no I fine,” said the pony, attempting to stand up. She was able to stand up on her hoofs, only to stumble back to the ground, fortunately the cutie mark crusaders where able to keep her from falling.

“Ponyville is not that far away, it will only take us a few minutes,” said Sweetie Belle.

“Really I’m fine, I live just little deeper in the woods,” answered the pony.

"Well if you don’t want to go to Ponyville, we can at least bring you to your house,” said Apple Bloom.

“I would much appreciate it,” replied the pony. After a couple minutes of walking they reached a small wooden cabin, an accompanied her inside. Immediately upon entering the cabin the wounded pony laid down on the couch in the living room.

“Please, make yourself at home,” said the pony.

“You have a nice place,” said Sweetie Belle, as the trio started exploring the cabin.

“So what happened?” asked Scootaloo.

“Well earlier this morning, I was just wondering out in the woods, when I was attacked by several Timberwolves.

“You’re going to be ok, right?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Yeah I going to be just fine,” replied the pony. “You three are really sweet, I really wish there was something I could do to repay you.

“No, you don’t have to do that,” said Apple Bloom.

“Well that just depends what the reward is,” said Scootaloo.

“Scootaloo! She doesn’t owe us anything,” snapped Apple Bloom.

“Yeah we are just glad to help,” replied Sweetie Belle.

“Okay, fine,” said Scootaloo.

“Well I would really like to do something,” said the pony. “I noticed that you three don’t have your cutie marks.”

“Yeah,” replied the trio, looking down at their blank flanks.

“How bout I help you get your cutie marks,” said the pony.

“Do you really think you could,” said Apple Bloom.

“Trust me, I will get you fillies the greatest cutie marks ever,” said the pony.

“Awesome, Cutie Mark Crusaders rise again!” said the trio.

“Okay when to we start?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Well we could start immediately, but I just need to rest for a second,” said the pony.

“Great, before tonight we will no longer be blank flanks!” yelled Scootaloo.

The pony than closed her eyes, attempted to go to sleep, but opened her eyes again to see Apple Bloom staring at her, nearly mirroring when they first met. “Yes, Apple Bloom,” said the pony.

“I just want to know what your name is?” asked Apple Bloom.

“My name is… Bittersweet,” she replied.