• Published 26th Dec 2016
  • 3,647 Views, 17 Comments

Anon the Scrooge - Fifty Shades of Yellow



While everyone is enjoying the holidays/Christmas, Anon is stuck in a rut, leaving Sunset and her friends to find out his problem and cheering him up.

  • ...
6
 17
 3,647

Chapter 1

(PoV: Sunset Shimmer)

You’re done with school for the day. One more, and winter break is all yours! As you’re putting your books away, Rainbow Dash struts over to you, looking so smug about something. ”Aww yeah!” Rainbow cheerfully gloats out. “Only three more days until Christmas!”

“For someone that is going to get a stocking full of coal, you sure are happy about it.”

”Oh ha-ha.” She brushes off your comment. “Guess who is going to get a jet ski for Christmas this year!”

“Get out of here.”

”Yeah, this girl.” She points her index fingers at herself.

”What in tarnation is going on here?” Applejack approaches you with Pinkie Pie.

“She’s getting a jet ski for Christmas.”

”Don’t make me laugh.”

”Yeah, that’s my job!” Pinkie Pie jokes around.

”Come on, I’ve done a lot of good things this year!”

“Name us a few.” You call her out.

”Well… for starters, I…”

“Mm-hmm. That’s great.”

”The point is, I’m getting one this Christmas and that’s all that matters.”

”And how do you know this?” Applejack rightfully questions Rainbow’s mentality.

”Overheard my parents talk about it in the other room last night.”

“Are you sure? Sounds like they were talking about something else.”

”I know that they were talking about a jet ski, I can bet my life on it.”

“Deal.” You jokingly catch Rainbow Dash off her guard.

”Wait, what?” What distracted everyone from the subject was when Anon slams his locker. When you thought that was it, he also punches it before walking away. You notice that he left a clear dent near the lock showing how upset he is. Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Fluttershy walk past him and join with the rest of your group.

”You guys saw that, right?” Applejack clarifies, making sure that she didn’t hallucinate that scene.

“You weren’t the only one.”

”Geez, what’s his problem?” Rainbow wonders about Anon’s overreaction.

”He could have failed a test?” Twilight throws in her educated guess.

”Maybe he’s having some trouble with his friends?” Fluttershy suggests.

”Possibly upset over finding someone to kiss under the mistletoe.”

“Maybe if you didn’t tiptoe over to a guy in last years Christmas party, they wouldn’t have punched you in the eye.” Rainbow crudely reminds Rarity last year's blunder.

”How was I supposed to know that he was more of a defensive person?”

”Maybe because he was mugged and took some classes before coming back to school. At least you didn’t leave empty handed.” Rainbow continues to mock her.

“Can you two stop it already? This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder on how you get any gifts at all, Rainbow.”

”Because I’m awesome?” You and a few of the girls groan.

”Hey, hey!” Pinkie interjects. “Remember about poor Nonny?”

”What about him?” Rainbow harshly asks Pinkie Pie.

”We need to find out on why he’s so grumpy; especially at this time of the year!”

”Pinkie is right; everyone in school is happy, but Anon is the only one that’s down under the weather.” Twilight agrees.

“Is it that bad?”

”He’s always kept his hood up, even in class.” You’ve noticed that he is the only one in school that was wearing a hood over his head throughout the day. What was even more bizarre is that you remember that he was wearing the exact same sweater with the hood on yesterday.

”Sounds a bit terrifying.” Fluttershy gives her thoughts out on the subject.

“I’m starting to think that we should try to find out and get Anon into the holiday spirit, what do you girls say?” Most of them agree to your idea, leaving Rainbow Dash the only one sitting out.

”He’ll get out of it.”

”Come on, Rainbow. Where’s your holiday spirit? Don’t you want to spread some joy and happiness?” Pinkie nudges her to join along.

”It might be interesting to find out what is upsetting our strange compatriot.” Rarity goes on with some odd intention.

”Fine, let’s make the weirdo happy.” Rarity elbows her. “Okay! Fine. Where should we start off?”

“Let’s talk to his friend, he might give us something to go along.”

”Not a bad idea, Sunset. In the meantime, I’ll go and ask him myself.”

”Careful, Twi; who knows what he’ll do with a temper like that.” AJ warns her.

”And I’ll go and get a party up and running to stay one step ahead of the curb!” Pinkie jumps ahead of herself.

“Woah there, Pinkie. We aren’t sure about Anon’s problem yet.”

”Okay, I’ll just go and get some holiday cookies up. Maybe that might be enough to get up in a better mood.” You and Rarity walk to a group that Anon hanged around with, whereas Twilight, AJ and Rainbow Dash go for the man himself. Fluttershy follows Pinkie Pie to make (what you hope to be) a batch of cookies.


(PoV: Twilight Sparkle)

You walk past the crowded hallway with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, both of which are starting to get cold feet about your idea. ”I don’t know, Twi. Maybe we should go back.”

”Listen to Applejack. For once, she’s making sense.” From the corner of your eye, you can see how upset AJ is from RD’s rude remark.

“You guys, don’t be so down on it. I’m sure that whatever is keeping Anon down, it will be resolved.”

”But what if he doesn’t want our help?” Rainbow Dash spins off a good question.

“Don’t be silly. I’m sure he would want someone to cheer him up.” Applejack and Rainbow Dash both raise an eyebrow, clearly showing that they aren’t going with your optimism. You keep on walking down the hallway and catch up with Anon. “Hey, Anon!” He stops, but adjusts his hood before he faces you.

”What is it?” He grumbles out.

“I wanted to ask about what might be troubling you, especially at this time of year.”

”I don’t want to talk about it.” He turns back around, prepared to walk away from you.

“Come on, we’re here to wash away that problem!” You give out your most enthusiastic tone when getting in front of him.

”And I do not want any of it right now.”

”Listen pal, we’re here to fix your problem, whether you like it or not.” Rainbow Dash nearly threatens him. A couple of students are taking notice of the scene Rainbow Dash just made.

”Easy, Dash. What my friend is trying to say is that we would be more than happy to fix your troubles at this time of the year.” Anon quickly turns around, dropping his hood to reveal the bags under his eyes and unkempt hair. He stares directly at AJ, almost in an intimidating fashion.

”How about this; the problem IS about this time of year?” He brings up his hood and speedwalks away.

”What in the heck did he mean by that?” Rainbow Dash looks at a petrified Applejack.

“I don’t know. Hopefully Sunset received a more thorough answer.”


(PoV: Sunset Shimmer)

”There they are.” You point at the group of guys at the end of the corridor.

”Do you think that they will know what’s wrong with him?”

“One of them should know, he couldn’t have kept it all to himself.” A kid with a green beanie and a red jacket takes notice and approaches you.

”What’s up?”

“You’re friends with Anon, right?”

”Yeah, what about it?”

”We need to know what’s troubling him so that we can bring some Christmas joy back into him.”

”Oh.” He awkwardly shifts around. “That’s kind of hard to explain.”

“We have some time to waste.” He walks away from the group to talk to you in private.

”Here’s the thing; he’s very vague about it.”

”What do you mean?” Rarity wonders.

”He’s in a sour mood because of Christmas.”

“Wait, really?”

”Is this some sort of joke?” Rarity says out of astonishment.

”Dead serious.”

“But-- how?!”

”Not sure. He just says that he hates it after I mentioned about a Christmas party that we’re going to have tomorrow after school.”

“Sounds like a definite ‘No’ to that invite.”

”Pretty much. Anything else you need to know?”

“Nah, thank you for the help.” He walks back to his group, leaving you and Rarity to question Anon’s dislike for Christmas.

"How can one dislike Christmas?"

"I can't think of any reason. Maybe Twilight has our answer."