• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 675 Views, 76 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Echoes - krdragon



A unicorn commando from the war survives the Last Day and finds herself magically transported to one hundred and seventy years later. Her new life in the wasteland is filled with old friends, old monsters, and old villains. Because War Never Changes.

Comments ( 28 )

I noticed now that her hood had slid back, revealing her black and white mane tied into a bun on her forehead, making her appear larger than she actually was.

Her forehead huh? Wouldn’t it be quite fascinating to find out she’s actually a zebra unicorn?

8869962
Her cloak is also hiding wings. She's actually a zebra-alicorn hybrid.

Kidding. Totally kidding. She's definitely not a zalicorn... alibra... zebralicorn...

8893081
It's "zebracorn", mate.

8893123
Well, zebracorn is when you got yourself a zebra-unicorn. But what would you call a pony with wings, a horn, and stripes? Besides complete genetic nonsense, of course.

8893455
To be honest I've met both iterations, so horned zebras as well as wings+horn, so... I guess it's the closest one at the moments.

8920097
It was intentional callout)

8991879
Zebra with wings and horn :rainbowlaugh:

8993895
*pauses, than laughs* Your idea have some merit, indeed!

9072537
Excuse me, but may I ask your opinion on what makes her a good protagonist in her eyes? I'm intrigued.

9175037
Take your time
I'm working on trying to rewrite some of my own chapters and of moving the story along itself. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Dust wasn’t looking at me, but at the device. “If I hadn’t been quick enough, Ruby, you would have killed...” When he finally looked at me, I tried to stare back, but the world was swaying and he was fading. Everything started to go sideways and white.

Deadman's switch I'm guessing or Deadstallion!!
Right?

Interesting zebra filly, somewhat disappointing not to see her opinion on the rangers. Sounds EPIC:rainbowlaugh:
Looking forward to more

9183870
I think I mentioned, but I'm rewriting chapter one right now. After that, each chapter will get a small edit to basically retcon to match. The changes (in case your worried) will be how she travelled to the future and that, in the post edit version, she won't be wearing a pipbuck at all.

I might actually write out a bit of her tirade, but I'd have to have Ruby cut it short real quick.

Thanks for your comments.

9185884
Yup!
I'll have to remember to go back and reread those chapters, but that can wait. Good luck on editing it can be a bit harsh to get through. I'm glad I have someone go over my writing. I think I also may have said that I am going over and rewriting some chapters as well. I'm hoping I can start getting chapters done and out on a regular basis, but time will tell.
Again good luck and God bless

9185922
Looks like someone is pretty excited...
Coomnwealth is another good example of an anime fic with yet another goody-two-shoes prtotag, and, to add a bit to it, tsundere unicorn. While events are quite interesting, their relationship dynamic is a cringe worthy material. Still, people like that, but then, people like many things, even bad ones...
And, yes, there are a few fics that used Fo4 prologue. Some of them simply used crytubes, some of them went full Fo4 without a settlement, simply used a safehouse or a base.
And, oh, I don't like Ruby despite me working with Kr on all current chapters:3

9185884
Pinged you for a Commmonwealth opinion, see above.

9194277
It nice to see different ideas for this universe and what can happen. Commonwealth is certainly an fine example funny as hell too:rainbowlaugh:

9195461
It's funny only if you didn't get tired of harem or badly written romantic anime. This alicorn is literally the only character I want to dump into a bath full of acid, bound and gagged.

9196221
Damn man
I guess that's understandable if you have reached the end of your rope with stuff like that.

Hey guys I haven't read this yet but do you think I would be better off reading it now or when Kr has finished with the changes to chapter 1 and editing the rest?

9217658
Changes to Chapter 1 will be published fairly soon if that matters.

9258850
Oh ok
You're most welcome

9217658
Update to Chapter 1 has been posted. I hope you enjoy.

9259050
Thanks for the heads up, I'll read it after work :pinkiehappy:

9271102
Something like that I think it's pushing 1.7 mil now

Really enjoyed this story. Hope you will update again.:twilightsmile:

Reading chapters 1 - 7 has been an entertaining story thus far. The pacing is good and the format of the story is written in a way that doesn't confuse the reader or interrupts the flow of the story. The settings are well described and the author does a great job of explaining the scenery around the Main Character so that the reader can picture the world around them. The fight scenes are well choreographed, although there is one scene where the Main Character fights with Zebras which may have dragged on a little longer than it should have. Other than that particular fight the scenes are well explained so that you can see it happening. It goes to show that the writer can handle fast pace action sequences. Something that is a must-have for a world like Fallout Equestria where scenery and fights go hand-and-hand.

The world of Fallout Equestria often focused more on the idea of ponies using guns. It's nice to read about the Main Character who relies on their spells. This story uses a lot of SPELLS and they're goddamn wonderful. If you a story where a Unicorn actually uses some spells for once instead of relying on guns, this is a recommended read.

Lastly the Main Protagonist themself, Ruby Moon, the mare unicorn protag. Her backstory about existing before the war is incredible if I must say. Usually, those who exist before the war end up being cyro-frozen or a ghoul. Both ways, imo, are too boring and too much of a cop-out to be compared with Fallout 4, it's the easy way out and may just be lazy writing. How this Wartime mare reaches the future isn't entirely known as of this moment but the reader isn't told that she was cyro-frozen at least. Only that they use the term for lack of a better way to explain her predicament. Being a part of a newly made unit called the Battlemages adds worldbuilding to the Fo:E Universe and I think the idea is absolutely amazing, it makes me wish there was more to know about Battlemages or if there are more units than Ruby Moon's squad if there's more than one squad.
With all that being said, her personality is something left to be desirable. She comes off as cold and heartless and all too calculative. Her attitude isn't good and the way she treats her companions leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Understandably so, she has been from Pre-War to Wasteland in ONE DAY for her perspective. Her attitude is justified, but still; after reading all the chapters I'm hoping her attitude changes soon cause overall, she's not a protagonist you can root for.

Hoping for more chapters to come, let's see how Ruby Moon affects the Wasteland!
:coolphoto:

Login or register to comment