• Published 5th Jan 2017
  • 417 Views, 23 Comments

My Life - Golden Script



This is a story about a young stallion and his day-to-day life.

  • ...
 23
 417

2. The Author's Creation

“Push, honey! Push!” Written urged his wife, Golden Harvest, who laid on a medical table.

This is the beginning of my story. A hospital room, a doctor, and a couple of ponies that love each other very much. From here we’ll go on to talk about my childhood—a time that few ponies remember. Most of what will be told in those bits will be secondhoof telling’s from my parents’ memories. There may be stories missing and there may be conflicting accounts, but that comes with the territory of non-fiction history: everypony’s got their story, and everypony thinks theirs is right.

Now, for my parents, raising me was difficult. Being a pegasus didn’t help them adjust to having a foal—and, if that wasn’t bad enough, they tried to do it all on their own. No training, no books, no help.

To that, I say “Hah!”

“Mrs. Harvest, You’re almost through. Just a few more pushes,” the doctor attempted to motivate the mare.

Her screams of agony weren’t very reassuring for anypony.

It wasn’t the doctor’s first delivery—in fact, he’d done several others. They all went roughly the same, though. Screaming, blood, and crying afterwards (sometimes happy tears, other times… not so much). If he was being honest, this was one of the best births he’d overseen. Everything was going well until…

“Alright, And....” His magic lit his horn, cradling the little bundle of joy (or terror, depending on your perspective) that would eventually grow into me. “Congratulations, Golden Harvest, Written Script. It’s a pegasus.”

“What?” asked Golden Harvest. “You mean to say-” she started to say before her attention whipped to Written Script, who was still staring at the doctor—though… more through the doctor, if anything. “Written, I swear-”

“You misunderstand,” said the doctor as he motioned over to a chart showing the three pony races. “Sometimes recessive genes can bring a pegasus from a unicorn and earth pony. It’s a perfectly normal phenomenon.” He looked to the couple kindly. “A prime example is the Cake family—two earth ponies who brought a unicorn and a pegasus foal into the world. It’s no reason for worry or suspicion.”

Golden looked relieved, sighing as the tension left her shoulders and she finally relaxed, having spent the past few hours working the hardest she thought she ever would.

Of course, there were two more on the way, but that’s a story for another day.

Written, on the other hoof, was still stunned to silence—from the moment it was first announced that the foal was neither unicorn or earth pony. In fact, he had grown a small smile on his face. He was broken out of his daze when the door opened again, revealing a young nurse mare holding a small wrapping of blankets in her magic. She quickly and carefully traversed the room, stopping next to the bed, and lowered it to the new mother, who greedily took it and brought it close to her chest. A hoof from the other side of the bed—Written’s—came to the blanket to uncover what laid below.

A foal with a light grey coat and soft blond hair slept soundly in the new mother’s hooves.

“Golden,” Written said simply, garnering his wife’s attention.

“Yes?” Golden asked before realizing where he was staring.

Written chuckled. “No, Golden. A beautiful first name.” He reached forward to stroke the golden mane—a hoof came up to greet his, and brought it down to suckle on softly.

“Script,” she responded.

“What? You only call me that when I’m in trouble.” He sarcastically—softly—responded, looking her dead in the eye with that shit-eating grin he wore when teasing her.

Golden sighed, closing her eyes and resisting the urge to facehoof. “No, you idiot, Script. As a last name. Golden Script.”

Golden looked back up to her husband. He stared at her with the most unamused deadpan, and before she could ask what was wrong he turned to the doctor, who was still watching the heart touching moment that was unfolding before him. Again, it wasn’t his first, but it was always something to behold when everything turned out perfectly.

“What do you think?” he asked the unprepared stallion.

“Huh?” The doctor was brought back to the present by the question asked of him.

“See? Even the doctor thinks ‘Script’ is a dumb last name!” Written said as he turned back to Golden, who was wearing a Cheshire grin.

She wrapped a hoof around Written’s neck and pulled him into a loving kiss. “Shut up,” she chuckled into his neck. “Just shut up and be happy.”

“Okay,” he said, a soft smile on his face, while holding her close.

Author's Note:

A quick little chapter to show the birth of Chri- I mean Golden Script! Golden Script was the name I was going to say.

I'm working on a couple chapters at the same time, so it may be a bit before the next chapter comes out.