• Published 29th Dec 2016
  • 2,227 Views, 55 Comments

Unrelenting Voice and Soul - The Library



The dragonborn has grown old, and after his victory against Alduin and Miraak he fears there is nothing left to for him. With the help of a Thu'um he starts anew, but tis not what he expected.

  • ...
5
 55
 2,227

1. A path of Fate

"Hi uful wah pogaas Dovahkiin, I can sense there is much on your mind. Tell me, what troubles you wuth fahdon." Paarthurnax bellowed while he stands proud on an ancient Dovah Shrine. "Uful los ni fos dovahkiin praag"

"Yes, I am aware of that old friend." The Dragonborn replied with a deep rumbling voice that was filled with doubt while he stands on the edge of The Throat of the World looking down at High Hrothgar. His long black hair and beard weave with the wind that blows over the peak of the mountain, he stands tall and proud with his muscled build covered with traditional Nordic armor, he could snap a Khajiit in half with ease. And on his back, a Nordic Greatsword crafted by skilled smiths and balanced to suit his body. "But what is there for me to accomplish, after my victory in Sovngarde against Alduin, the death of Miraak and the victory of the Stormcloaks. All these events make my mind restless, as I do not know what to do."

"Krongrah, yes. Victory." Paarthurnax said as he steps down from the shrine and onto the stone ground, near the rift in time. "You did what you had to do to save the realm of Tamriel, but perhaps your fate lies elsewhere."

The Dragonborn turned his head to look over his shoulder at the elder dragon with a raised eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He asked as he turned his entire body towards the dragon.

"Tiid, time is merely an illusion." The elder dragon circled around the Dragonborn keeping his eyes on him at all times. "Just like Alduin, trapped in a loop of time. To break the cycle, a Thu'um, shout is needed." Paarthurnax stopped right in front of the Nord as he uses his Thu'um to carve nordic runes into the stone floor of the mountain. The more the Nord looked at it, the more he started to understand what they meant. 'Gaar', unleash. 'Ginun', space. 'Gevoth', connect. "Gaar Ginun Gevoth..." The Nord said a few times as he looked at the elder dragon in confusion.

"Let me share my knowledge with you, so you may understand." With that the dragon mentally connected the with the Dragonborn and poured the knowledge of the Thu'um into his mind. "Nii los drehlaan. Now Dovahkiin, use your shout to begin a journey anew. Guur Dovahkiin, may we meet in another time." With those final words the elder dragon flew up into the sky releasing a rumbling roar as he lands back on the shrine. The Nord thought for a moment, grasping the knowledge that was shared and form them into a powerful Thu'um. With a deep breath his eyes start to glow a pale blue as the Dragonborn roared into the sky, "GAAR.... GINUN.... GEVOTH!" The moment the Thu'um came in effect the once clouded peak was now clear as the sun shone onto the Nord who disappeared in a bright flash of light.

The powerful Dragonborn was no more on Tamriel, while his vision was blocked by the blinding light, even for such a short period of time, he felt solid ground under his feet. Attempting to open his eyes he felt rather fatigued. But his mind was soon brought back to reality as when his sight returned he found himself no longer on the Throat of the World, but rather in a bright looking room. "Where in the name of Akatosh am I..." He asked himself as he looked around trying to figure out where he was. The more he looked around the more confused he became, the windows of the rather large room were decorated with creatures that closely resembled equines, but the ones that roam Tamriel are much larger.

But he had no time to inspect all the windows because the giant doors were opened showing a large group of armored equines with their spears pointed straight at him. "By the nine divines.... Where did that Thu'um sent me." He asked himself as he pulled his two handed sword from its sheath and took on a battle stance. The larger equine that was standing at the back of the group wearing purple and another color and appeared to order something in an unknown tongue as the army of armored equines started to march towards him.

"Stop where you are!" He barked at the group but they remained unmoved. "I'm warning you, one step closer and I will be forced to fight you." His stance was solid and his eyes burned with determination. The group of equines don't appear to back down as they keep their steady advance towards him "I will not say this once more, Halt your advance!" He roared at the top of his lungs as the group suddenly stopped dead in their tracks. He finally thought he got through to their emotionless exterior, but his victory was short lived as four purple orbs of energy flew towards his location. He hastily sheathed his sword as silver orbs appear within his hands, as he pushed his hands forwards a ward appeared in front of him absorbing the orbs of energy as soon after the ward fails.

"I don't have the magica to keep the ward up." He whispered to himself as he once more takes hold of his trusted blade as he noticed that the equines were advancing once more. "If you are not going to stop, I shall force you to lay down your weapons!" He took a deep breath as his eyes began to glow. "Zun Haal Viik!" He released the Thu'um as it ripples through the air, as it reached the group of equines all the spears and swords were ripped from their mouths, hooves and levitation auras.

With looks of surprise they franticly reached for their weapons. Once they finally got their weapons within their grasp, they only found an empty spot where the Dragonborn once stood and a broken window.

In the forest below the city on the mountain stands a soaking wet man. "That is the last time I jump from such a height." He said as he shook his head to clear some of the water from his long black hair. "Now that I think about it, at Bard's Leap Summit I said the same thing." With a groan he looks up at the city above him. "Is this what Paarthurnax meant with starting a journey anew."

It's been a while since he last saw a forest with such green trees, sure Skyrim has her fair share of forests, but they are never this green. For what appeared hours the Nord wandered along the path that seemed to lead to nowhere, and after a few hours of wandering along the path he concluded that he was lost. "Just my luck." He said with annoyance dripping like venom.

"Laas Yah Nir." He whispered the Thu'um as red wisps began to pop up in his view, some were small and some where a bit bigger, though some were wise to avoid any contact with him. But alas, he needed to eat something or he would starve in an unknown forest. So with survival in mind he pulled an enchanted dagger from the little sheath on his armor.

"Bless Talos for the enchanted blade, makes hunting much easier." He told himself as he watched the wisps disappear as the thu'um wore off, but the locations of the wisps is still within his mind. He crouched down to avoid being spotted by the animals, the dagger was enchanted with a special enchant which grants a painless death for the animal. He may be a warrior and the Dragonborn, but that doesn't mean he doesn't grand wildlife a swift passage to the eternal plains. But back to the task at hand, he was getting quite hungry as his stomach aches for some meat and ale to wash it down with. He gently parted the bushes and found a small path leading somewhere. If he remembered correctly one of the larger wisps was just a few hundred meters down this path. Standing up from his crouched position he wandered along the path, while secretly waiting for his energy to recharge.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, and thank you for reading.
This idea has been roaming within my brain for a long time and I finally found it about time to write it down on paper.

Feel free to ask some things if they are unclear and be sure to leave a comment on how I can improve some things.