• Published 28th Jan 2017
  • 448 Views, 8 Comments

Switcharootaloo - Leoshi



Scootaloo pulls a switcharoo. What can the heroines do?

  • ...
0
 8
 448

What to do?

"Woo-hoo!"

The orange blur that was Scootaloo sped down the path in her skates, which were new. She was happy and pleased to meet with her crew, but was shocked when Twilight called to her. "Hey, you!"

She turned her hoof and came to stop. "Hi there, Twilight! Look what I've got! New roller skates, fresh from the shop!" She smiled and beamed and had a small hop.

Twilight ran up and started to yell. "From across the street, I almost couldn't tell, but look at you now! You're too fast and, well, I needed to ask, have you seen Sweetie Belle?"

"I'm on my way to meet with my friends!"

"That's good! Say, um, I don't mean to offend, but where is your scooter? Did it meet its end?"

"Yeah, it's too bad, it has a large bend."

"I can fix it for you if you would prefer!" Twilight looked frantic as she stared at her.

Scootaloo shook her head. "No thank you! Er... Why do you ask?" Her wings flapped and whirred.

"Oh, it's only that you're always with it! We all thought it was a child's commitment to have one favorite toy and to never quit. But these skates, you know, don't seem like they fit."

"They are a tad tight, but it's quite all right. They're light, and bright, and just look at—"

"Just sit tight?"

Scootaloo's smile stilled. She looked up. "What for?"

"So I can fix your scooter's bend!"

"But I don't need it any more."

"It's not just for you. It's for all of us, too!"

"If you want to, feel free, but the skates are good for me."

"But I just—"

"Sorry, Your Highness. I need to meet my friends. We're playing pony chess!"

With a spin and a flap and a great big cheer, Scootaloo turned around and went into gear. She kicked off and rolled down the street with no fear of tripping or tipping or needing to steer. She rolled and she grinned and she laughed all the way to the end of the road with no ounce of delay, leaving Twilight alone with a little dirt spray.

Twilight cursed to herself. "Oh, hay."

It was strange and so new and too odd to express, and her friends would be worried. But nonetheless, she had an idea (or at least a best guess) of what she could do in this time of distress.

"This isn't good, it's not good at all. A scooter replaced? Did Scootaloo fall? I need to go back to Applejack's stall and tell her we'll need Rainbow's plan after all. If Scootaloo doesn't go back very soon, then life might become just like a balloon, with changes and stresses until POP! We are doomed. I'd better fix this before tomorrow at noon."

So Twilight turned and started to run to her friend Applejack, who was also quite stunned. Together, they wondered if ruining fun was a worthwhile price, and they soon begun to gather their friends to make a new scheme, one that would have them work as a team. It was vital that they don't come off as too mean, but Scootaloo had just made things a bad dream.

Author's Note: