• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 7,284 Views, 40 Comments

A Prank Backfired - cornholio4



Suppose Rainbow Dash's cookie prank go off as it was supposed to....

  • ...
17
 40
 7,284

A Prank Backfired

Rainbow Dash could not wait to wake up for the morning in her bed as she thought of what was her best prank yet. She had filled the Filly Scout cookies with an ingredient that will make their mouths turn to rainbow colored. She could not wait to see their faces and tell every pony in Ponyville a big "Gotcha!" practically every pony in Ponyville bought at least a box and everypony must have eaten their cookies by now so she will see the fruits of her labour.

Flying out of her house she went to be ready to hold in a big laugh only for her face to fall when she saw that practically nopony was outside. "Where is everypony, are they hiding in their houses in shame?" Rainbow Dash asked herself before smiling and deciding that would have to be the case. She decided to get her first big laugh at Twilight's so she went to her castle.

She knocked on the door and only had time to say "gotcha..." before being forcibly levitated into the house and dropped onto the floor. She got up and struggled not to laugh seeing the rainbow colored mouths of Twilight, Spike, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. However she stopped when she saw how absolutely furious Twilight and Spike was and Fluttershy and Pinkie looked extremely disappointed at her.

"Pinkie came over and told us of what you did..." Twilight told her in a low calm voice that sounded like a snarl. Dash was a little peeved that Pinkie spoilt it but didn't have enough time to give it enough time before Twilight thundered "YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME DASH! WE HAVE TRIED TO REASON WITH YOU, TRIED TO GET YOU TO STOP BUT IT SEEMS YOU HAVE FINALLY CROSSED THE LINE!"

Dash was taken aback by this and looked annoyed, "just because nopony knows how to take a joke, it was a big fun prank and no harm done." Dash told them crossing her hooves only to be a bit scared when she saw that Twilight and Spike both gave her humourless laughs which scared her a bit. "Come on, it was a harmless prank..." Dash told them but Fluttershy looked like she was about to give her 'the Stare'.

"Pinkie and Twilight were already here when I came over Rainbow Dash, they told me that Pinkie already told Twilight about what you did. I came here to tell Twilight I saw the entire of Ponyville have formed an angry mob and are chasing Rarity, Applejack, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They looked like the five of them were Changeling spies." Fluttershy told Dash which caused her to gasp out loud wondering why they would do that.

"Wait why would they be angry at them, it was my prank so why would..." Dash asked getting scared that two of her closest friends, and three fillies (one of which was like a little sibling to her) were going to get hurt. Twilight's face caused a big glare.

"Dash please thinking about it, this is the scenario we are faced with: nopony knew it was you who done it Dash, once they found their mouths rainbow coloured. Once they realised the cookies are responsible, who do you think they would believe were responsible? Who would they blame for selling them cookies which had a big side effect?" Twilight asked Dash her voice getting higher causing Dash's face to turn white once she realised what Twilight was telling her.

"Oh no, they would think they were responsible, I didn't think that..." Dash said unable to keep going and wondering where it all went wrong. She was expecting the morning to be great having achieved an awesome hilarious prank but the end result was not really what she had intended. "Oh no, they are in trouble..." Dash shouted worriedly and Twilight gave another humourless laugh.

"Let this be a lesson when trying to prank somepony who might not find it as funny as you would Rainbow Dash and when you don't think of the consequences of what you are thinking of." Twilight told Dash sternly with her head down. "Now here is what is going to happen, we are going to find the others and make sure they are safe and you are going to explain to the mob exactly who is to blame for this and face up to whatever consequences are coming your way. I am sorry Rainbow Dash but this is a lesson you seemed to need to learn the hard way. Am I clear?" Twilight told her talking like a teacher who has to give a punishment to a child.

Rainbow Dash then looked to the disapproving faces of Twilight, Spike, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. She remembered from Pinkie Pie years ago about Fluttershy being too sensitive to be pranked like she was and she realised she really should have stopped a long time but her desire to show Rarity and the others that her pranks were not lame caused her to keep thinking better without thinking if there were any consequences like if somepony gets hurt or would react badly.

Finally she sighed and gave a slow quiet nod...

At Sweet Apple Acres there was a huge angry mob circled around the Apple family barn. Applejack was trying to calm the terrified Cutie Mark Crusaders while Rarity was looking stressed keeping a magical shield around the barn like she saw Twilight accomplished before. "Oh dear darlings, I fear I might not be able to keep it up much longer..." Rarity told them not being able to keep up the magical shield due to not having as much study and practice in magic as Twilight.

"I just don't get how this could have happened, the recipe for these cookies have not changed in a long time..." Applejack said confused beyond belief while trying to keep the three fillies calm. As the mob were furiously demanding refunds they heard a magical sound and looked outside to see that Twilight had teleported herself Spike, , Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash to the front of the barn.

"Attention everypony, Rainbow Dash has something to say to all of you!" Twilight told them all with a magically enhanced voice to make sure they all heard her. The mob stopped for a second to see what this was about and every eyes in the area were on Rainbow Dash. Dash looked to the ponies next to her who glared at her and Rainbow Dash sighed at them knowing there was no use in delaying the inevitable and she needed to face the consequences now. She cleared her voice and began to explain:

"Yesterday I "had this latest idea for a prank and..."

Author's Note:

I put this idea on the Accusation Fic Forum and due to the positive reception to my idea, I have decided to write it myself. I don't think what happened to Rainbow was as unjustified as Mare Do Well and her prank could have been dangerous.

Another AU I reccomend for this episode is Rainbow Dash, zombie hunter! Sorta.

I might continue this.