• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,012 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,012

PreviousChapters Next
Missing Equestria

“MOM!” Spike shouted, as he woke up with a start, which also snapped Twilight, awake.

“Spike?” Twilight asked, rubbing her tired eyes, “What’s wrong?”

After a couple of deep breaths, “I just had a dream,” Spike replied, uneasily. “About mom. Well, me and Princess Celestia, that is.”

Twilight looked at the boy sadly, “You’re starting to remember her, aren’t you?”

“Yes. And now, I’m missing her,” A single tear trickled its way down his cheek, which Spike quickly wiped away. “For the first time in ten years.”

With that, Twilight pulled Spike in a comforting hug, which he didn’t hesitate to return. They stayed that way, until….

“Breakfast time!!” Pinkie shouted, popping up from left of the bed, resulting both Spike and Twilight shouting, “BWAH!!” as they repeatedly patted their chests, to ease their rapid heartbeats.


After breakfast, Spike and the girls all left to begin another day in high school, together. On the way, Spike couldn't help but look around, seeing all the people going about their days. Then, in the blink of an eye, everything flashed before Spike, and the people were replaced with ponies, and the surrounding busy city setting vanished, with a small town of small houses in its place.

Surprised, Spike closed his eyes as he shook his head, and was greeted with the sight of New York City, just as he remembers it.

"What was that?" Spike asked himself, placing his hand to his head.

"Hey, Spike!" Rainbow called as she ran back to him in a blur of rainbows. "What's the hold up? You okay?"

"Uh," Spike looked around, but failed to see anything out of the ordinary, yet. "I think so."

"Well c'mon!" Rainbow said as she grabbed the boy by the hand. "Let's go!"

"WHOA!!" Spike shouted, as he was pulled away at super speed.


Calculus class went smoothly with Ms. Cheerilee going over some new forms of mathematics, while Chemistry class was once more a battlefield for success and failures, with its daily morning pop quizzes, and Professor Flintheart scanning from his desk, like a hawk awaiting its chance to pounce. Afterwards, it was lunchtime, where Spike was enjoying a meal together, with Twilight, Fluttershy, Snips, and Snails. Both boys were trying, and failing, to impress the girls.

“Y’know Fluttershy,” Snails began. “I’m just wondering, do you shower a lot? Because you certainly smell good, eh.”

“Um, thanks?” Fluttershy replied, feeling a little disturbed.

“What Snail means to say,” Spike began, shooting a death glare at Snails. “Is that, you have a nice aroma.”

“Thanks,” Fluttershy blushed.

Deciding to change the topic, Spike asked, “So, Snips, Snails, how’ve you two been? Got a nice weekend?”

“Oh yeah,” Snails replied. “We’ve done lots of stuffs, here and there.”

“We’ve been out looking for some pretty girls,” Snips answered. “Pretty girls who are single, hot, and...and…um,” Snips struggled to find the right words at the last part.

“Nice and smoking, like your six girlfriends,” Snails answered, earning an agreement from Snips, and a blush from Spike and the girls.

“They’re not my girlfriends!” Spike exclaimed, blushing a storm, before he stuttered. “I-I-I-I mean...they kinda are....I mean, th-th-th-they’re g-g-girls a-a-and they’re m-m-m-my friends, but w-w-w-we’re all j-j-j-just friends.” Both girls blushed, trying to suppress a giggle at the boy’s predicament. “But we ain’t exactly….um…,” Spike turned to Twilight and Fluttershy. “Back me up here girls.”

Twilight twirled a piece of her lock, as she answered, “It’s true. We’re just friends. Even though we’d like it to be more,” she whispered at the last part.

“So then, you girls are singles?!!” Snips and Snails asked, both with love strucked eyes, as well as big, wide smiles. “Then would you be interested in dating me?!” Both boys quickly gave each other death glares, “Dating you?! They’re going to date me!”

“You want to fight for that?!” Snips asked, as he got into a fighting stance.

“Bring it on, eh,” Snails replied, before both boys charged at each other and wrestled on the floor.

Just then, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. With that, Spike and the girls quickly took their leaves, while the boys were left to create a scene for the cafeteria.

“Saved by the bell,” Spike sighed, followed by an agreement from Twilight and Fluttershy.

Snips and Snails were still at it, with their tussles, when…..

“What is going on?!” the boys stopped their fight, as they looked up to reveal....

“Principal Inkwell!!” they panicked, as they were meant with the stern look on the woman’s face.


Later, in P.E. Spike was catching up with the other boys on their days over the weekend.

"So, how're you guys with uncle?" Spike asked.

"Boring!" the boys exclaimed.

"All your uncle ever did was make us hang up our jackets," Button scowled.

"And waxed the car!" Rumble grumbled. 'Even though it's cool that it was a Dodge Challenger.'

"And clean the windows, up and down!" Tender Tap added.

"Oh, and don't get me started on sand the floor!" Pipsqueak complained, while Featherweight nodded his head in agreement.

"How can you learn karate from all that?" Button asked.

Seeing as how they still have plenty of times to kill before class, Spike brought the boys out on the floor and gave them all a demonstration, the same way Scorpan once did for him before. Eventually, the boys all have a better understanding to the meanings behind their training, as they were engaged in a friendly combat with each other. The rest of their classmates were soon walking into the gym, when they took notice of the boys.

"Waddya know?" a random junior began. "Everybody's kung fu fighting."

"Take his head off Rumble!" Thunderlane cheered.

"YEAH!!" Bulk Biceps hollered.

Snips and Snails walked in, when they saw their friends engaging in their combat.

"Oh come on, eh," Snails moaned. "Now the guys know kung-fu? That's not fair, eh."

“C’mon Button!" Snips cheered. "Kick Spike’s butt for us!"

Rainbow and Applejack soon came in, and like the other students, they all sat down and watched the show.

“Guess Spike’s posse are coming along just fine,” Applejack smiled.

“I’ll say,” Rainbow agreed. “C’mon Spike! Give to him! Show 'em you're the boss!” Rainbow cheered, receiving looks from some nearby athletes.

Spike had finished his round with Button Mash, who was tired and exhausted, "Whoa," Button panted. "I'm sorry we ever doubted your uncle."

"Don't worry," Spike replied, while helping the boy up. "I also didn't get it, the first time around."

"Attention!" Iron Will hollered. The boys quickly got back in their seats, waiting to hear what their coach had to say. "Double time to the lockers and get change! Move it! Move it!" With that, the whole class ran off into the locker room to get changed into their new gym uniforms.

After they came out, Iron Will instructed everyone to all run 20 laps around the gym for warm ups. During this time, Spike took the chance to chew the fat with his posse.

“So, besides uncle. Anything else happened with you guys?”

“Well, we were training together with your uncle, when some people texted us another S.O.S.” Rumble grumbled, nudging his head to Snips and Snails, few miles behind them.

“Don’t tell me,” Spike muttered. “Caught trespassing on CPA, while trying to peep on the girls there, again?”

“Yep,” Button replied in monotone. “Must’ve been the hundredth time now.”

“I counted hundred and one,” Featherweight pointed.

“They just never learn,” Spike rolled his eyes. “So how’d you guys rescue ‘em this time?”


Past

“Those two owe me big for this!” Rumble scowled.

“Ditto!” Button followed, as they, together with Tender Taps all blew whistles to the CPA girls.

Once they had their attention, the boys all turned a boombox on and a song was played, and they danced.

The girls at first just stood with looks of confusion, while Pipsqueak and Featherweights snuck up from behind to rescue Snips and Snails, both bound and gagged.

“Hey, sexy lady~” the three boys lip-synced, which caused some of the girls to blush, along with the boys.

‘I can’t believe I just said those words,’ Button groaned in his mind.

All was going well until, “What the devil is going on here?!” Principal Cinch asked, before she noticed the boys.

*disc scratch*

“Uh, hi!” Button smiled sheepishly, his fake mustache almost falling off.

Pipsqueak and Featherweights nearly got their friends to safety, when Pip accidentally stepped on a stray twig.

“HEY! THEY’RE GETTING AWAY WITH OUR PRISONERS!!” Indigo shouted.

“RUUUUNN!!” Button shouted, as he and the boys all made a run for it, with the girls giving chase.

[ Benny Hill Theme - Chase Music ]

“Come back here!” a girl shouted. “We won’t hurt you, much!” she growled at the last part.


Presents

“Wow,” Spike replied, wide eyes in disbelief.

“We barely escaped with our lives,” Rumble shuddered.

“I thought for certain we were goners for sure!” Tender Tap shivered.

“Don’t ever mention that tsundere again,” Pipsqueak added.


Later, the whole P.E. class were out in the field, doing various drill exercises. During that time, the boys took the chance to chew more of the fats with Spike.

“So Spike,” Rumble began, while doing some push-ups. “How did your weekend go with the girls? Did you have lots of fun with them? Got any chances to get your dragon game on?”

“Careful, Rumble,” Spike shushed, while doing some sit-ups. “We're in school. Don't mention anything about e-may, being a agon-dray.”

"Gotcha," Rumble whispered, followed by the boys. "But still, you and the girls?"

Spike looked over to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash, both in a friendly competition of push-ups.

Spike smiled, as he turned to the boys, recounting the stories the girls have told him. He made sure to leave the parts about Equestria, ponies, and magic out, so as to avoid raising suspicions from the crowds, in case anyone was eavesdropping on them. Needless to say, the boys have never heard such passionate story, while a little jealous when he told them how he got kissed on the cheeks by each of them.

“Spike, you lucky bastard,” Rumble smirked as he whispered. “You’re not only born with a gift, but your mom is a princess, and you’re friends with six hot girls? And on top of that, you received a kiss from each of them? It’s like you’re living the story of a hero with magical girls or something.”

“Other than that, you’re a prince?!” Pipsqueak gasped. “That must make us your, uh….” Pipsqueak snapped his fingers a couple of times before it clicked, “Your royal guards in training, or something.”

“Wow!” Tender Tap gasped. “It kinda does, doesn’t it?”

"Why not?" Spike asked. "After all, you guys do look like royal guard materials." With that, Spike's mind flashed as he recalls his former best friend, Flare Heart.

"Spike!" Button called. "You alright? You just zoned out there for a moment."

Just then, Iron Will blew his whistle.


Later in Drama Class, Sapphire Shores made an announcement of their upcoming musical show of Singin' in the Rain, in which they will soon be performing. With that, the whole class went down to the auditorium for the auditions.

Half an hour later

After all of the students have had their chances to perform on stage, Sapphire Shores announced that the results will be posted, after she has made her decisions. Just then, the school bell rang, and the whole class flooded their way out of the auditorium.

“Excellent work you guys!” Spike applauded, making his way up to Discord and Thorax. “Incredible as always with your voice impersonation, Discord.”

“Thank you,” Discord replied, doing Elvis Presley's voice. “Thank you very much.”

“And Thorax,” Spike began. “That disguise you had as Cosmo Brown. You looked almost like the real McCoy back there.”

“Thanks,” Thorax smiled.

“Yoo-hoo!” Rarity sang as she, and Pinkie Pie, walked up to the boy. “Spikey-Wikey!”

“Hey Rarity,” Spike smiled. “Hi Pinkie. What’s up?”

“Well, we just wanted know, what do you think of our performances?” Rarity asked. “And more specifically, what do you think of this dress I’ve made for the musical?” With that, Rarity twirled around, doing a quick change in wardrobe, before she stood before the boys and girl, cladded in a pink frilly dress, that looked exactly like Debbie Reynold’s original costume. Needless to say, everyone were impressed.

“Rarity,” Spike broke the silence. “I’d have to say, your dressmaking skills never ceases to amaze me.

“Why thank you, Spike,” Rarity smiled. “Oh, I almost forgot something,” Reaching into her backpack, the girl pulls out a long, flaming red cape from her backpack. “It took some times, but I was able to fix up your cape, reinforcing it with some of the latest fabrics I can manage to get my hoo-erm, hands on.”

Spike gratefully took the cape from the girl, marveling at its beauty, the soft texture of the fabrics, and the intricate designs of the flames on the edges.

‘Wow,’ Spike thought. ‘I used to wear this thing?’

“I’ve also added some extra details, on the underside,” Rarity whispered.

With that, Spike looked under the cape to see all of the girls’ cutie marks, surrounding a serpentine dragon, holding a sword in one of its claws and a shield in the next, while standing before the blazing sun, in the background. Spike quickly found himself lost in the design of the sun, while hearing Princess Celestia whispering, “Little sunshine.”

“Mom,” he sighed sadly.

“Spike?” Rarity asked, snapping the boy out from his trance. “Is everything alright?”

“Uh, yeah,” Spike cleared his throat. “I’m alright.” He looked up at Rarity, who continues to look at him with concern. “I just-thank you for the cape Rarity. It’s beautiful, really. It makes me feel close to mom. I mean, mom and you and the girls-I mean.”

“He means that he loves the gift you made for him,” Discord started “It was very generous of you Rarity, which isn’t a surprise since that is your main department for the Elements of Harmony. The cape you’ve made is clearly to show your sign of affection you have for him, since childhood. And it is also quite generous of you to add the rest of the girls' mark on the cape, together with that of his mother, so as to symbolize the love of family and the Magic Of Friendship you have for each other,” With that, Discord ended his assumption with a confident grin, followed by a look of bewilderment from the boys and girls.

“How’d you know?” Spike asked.

“How do I know?” Discord asked in disbelief. “Honestly Spike. I thought we were good friends and that you know me better. Need I remind you, that I’m a certified mind reader.” Discord then pulled Spike close, “And trust me when I say this, I’d pick Fluttershy if I were you.”

“So what’s been going on?” Thorax asked.

“Well,” Spike began. “Have we got a story to tell you guys.”


Outside of school

The girls, and the five boys, were all sitting and waiting by the horse statue. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie were playing a game of poker.

Applejack made the first move, “Full house!” she smirked.

“Hah!” Rainbow laughed. “I got four of a kind!”

“Read’em and weep girls,” Pinkie smirked, holding out a royal flush.

“Oh man!” Rainbow groaned, as she and Applejack both started to pay up.

Twilight in the meantime was looking at the school’s clocktower, tapping her foot impatiently, “What’s taking them so long?” she asked.

“Well, knowing how Rarity does things,” Applejack began. “That gal probably wants to make some sort of grand entrance.”

“Like this?” a voice asked, followed by a flash of light. There, standing before them, was Spike, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie, together with Discord and Thorax.

“Told ya,” Applejack suddenly did a double take. “What in tarnation? What’re they doing here?” She asked, pointing to Discord and Thorax.

“Oh yeah,” Spike began. “I guess some introductions are in order.” With that, Spike began to introduce Discord and Thorax to the girls, and vice versa.

“At your service,” Discord bowed his head, followed by Thorax.

“Spike?” Twilight began. “How could you bring them into this scenario? We’ve already had five of your boys as our human allies enough already.”

“I didn’t bring them on purpose,” Spike replied.

“That would be my part,” Discord explained. “I was simply reading Spike’s mind, and I’m quite surprised to hear, we were standing in the presence of royalty. Not to mention that there’s a bounty on my best bud’s head, by none other than CHS’s mortal enemy. Now what kind of a friend would I be, if I don’t play a contribution of some sort to aid in your heroic endeavours?”

“I’d like to help Spike as well,” Thorax pointed. “After all, it’s the least I can do, after he helped me to make some friends. Not to mention for saving me from falling in with a wrong crowd.” the boy muttered at the last part.

Twilight looked uncertain at the boys, before she looked at Spike, “They’re okay, Twilight. These guys are fine by me. Plus, they do know how to take care of themselves.”

“Yeah!” Rumble joined in. “We’d certainly use some help from the D and T mans.”

“Especially with a couple problems of our own,” Button muttered.

“Don’t tell me,” Thorax mutterred. “CPA again?”

“Yup,” Button replied begrudgingly.

Steering the topic away, Spike began, “So what do you say girls?” Spike asked.

Twilight pondered for a moment, along with three of the girls, while Rarity and Pinkie Pie both nodded their heads, reassuringly.

“He’s right darlings,” Rarity said. “Discord maybe be a little….unique, but he’s a talented magician. You never know when you need one, such as him.”

“Yeah, and Thorax’s the master of disguise!” Pinkie exclaimed. “Who knows, we could use some disguises of our own, when we’re dealing with the Shadowbolts, someday.” She whispered.

“They make some good points, Twi,” Applejack said, followed by Rainbow, and Fluttershy.

With that, Twilight turned to the two boys and shook hands with them, “Welcome to the team then.”

“Alright!” Discord cheered, before in a flash of light, he was cosplaying as Arsenio Hall, whooping several times, before reverted back to normal and exclaimed in a fast speedy voice, “Yeah! Alright! Okay we fight the bad guys, we ride the ski boats, climb the walls, and swing the windows, secret agent style. Right! Yeah!”

The girls slowly turned their heads to Spike, who explains, “You have to understand, he’s such a troll.”

PreviousChapters Next