• Published 19th Dec 2016
  • 2,948 Views, 17 Comments

Build Me Up, Buttercup! - Doctor Disco



When Rainbow hangs out with Fluttershy, she finds herself in a right bunch when they begin to tease each other. Guess who wins? That's right. Fluttershy wins!

  • ...
2
 17
 2,948

Toasty Fluff

“Hey Fluttershy,” Rainbow greeted as she flew down to walk beside the butter-yellow pegasus. “How are ya?”

“I’m fine, thanks for asking, Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy smiled. “Having fun doing anything today?”

“Nah. Well, I was out practicing some tricks but I thought I would drop by and spend some time with my best friend.”

“I’m your best friend?” Fluttershy remarked. “Wow, that means a lot to me, Rainbow. I really needed that.” Just then, Fluttershy glanced at the saddlebags on her flanks before biting her lip and asking Rainbow a question. “Hey, you became a Wonderbolt recently, right?”

“Yeah, but it isn’t that big of a deal,” Rainbow proudly stated, somehow still making the humble statement seem arrogant. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, I got you these new flying goggles because I just knew you might need them,” Fluttershy explained, before rummaging through her saddlebags for them. Rainbow widened her eyes as she saw a gleaming new pair of the most aerodynamic goggles she had seen yet. Rainbow oohed and aahed at it, the gold finish quite literally beaming in the sunlight.

“Aw, thanks Fluttershy. You didn’t have to,” Rainbow Dash blushed as Fluttershy hoofed her her new pair of flight goggles.

“But I did!” Fluttershy argued softly. “You’re old ones are all worn out now and you’re going to be a full fledged Wonderbolt soon.”

“I was only joking, Buttercup,” Rainbow chuckled and Fluttershy’s face flushed a bright red.

“I told you not to use that pet name in public,” Fluttershy whispered angrily. She was so cute when she was arguing for what she wanted.

“Relax, it’s not like anypony’s watching us,” Rainbow countered. Fluttershy only slyly smiled.

“Is that so, Mrs. Dashie?” Fluttershy teased and Rainbow somehow turned even redder as Fluttershy giggled lightly.

“H-hey! You promised never to mention that ever again!” Rainbow shouted in protest.

“Oh, but I thought we were alone, Rainbow Road,” Fluttershy whispered, and Rainbow reared back, blushing fiercely.

“I won’t be the one crying at the end of this, Flutter Butter!” Rainbow tried.

“Then I can’t afford to fail then, Rainbow Crash,” Fluttershy smirked and Rainbow groaned.

“Oh come on, I’m already being teased with that one enough as it is, now you too?” Rainbow complained, and Fluttershy turned her head away.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I just thought we were… you know…”

Rainbow, seeing that Fluttershy was reacting badly to what she had said, quickly said sorry to Fluttershy. “No, I didn’t mean it like that. If you want to call me that, that’s fine. We’re friends, after all, just don’t take it the wrong way, okay?”

“Okay,” Fluttershy murmured before they kept walking along down the path. It seemed much more peaceful than on any other day Fluttershy had gone on for a nature walk, and wondered quietly why that was.

“It such a lovely day out, I wonder why there are so few animals running around and having fun.”

“Maybe they’re just petrified you might turn them to stone, Stare Master,” Rainbow whispered.

Fluttershy heard. “Well, maybe they’re repelled by your musk.”

“That hurts, Fluttershy, that hurts,” Rainbow says as she holds a hoof to her chest.

“Would you like some aloe for that?” Fluttershy asked, and Rainbow shook her head.

“Maybe after taking care of that hot personality of yours, then I wouldn’t get burned.”

“Are you saying I’m hot?” Fluttershy suggested and Rainbow flared her wings.

“What?! No! I said you needed to manage your hot… Oh, I see what you did there.” Rainbow facehoofed before sighing. “How are you so much better at this than me?” Rainbow inquired.

“Better at what?” Fluttershy asked innocently. Rainbow facehoofed again.

“Better at… well, everything! Being cute, being sassy, being funny, roasting ponies… you know the deal,” Rainbow explained and Fluttershy nodded.

“I don’t know. I just think as I usually do. Do ponies really like me that much? I mean, I’m not that special or anything,” Fluttershy said uncertainly.

“Yes, ponies love you! Anypony who’s anypony love’s you. Heck, Tirek and Chrysalis probably still love you and they’re the baddies! You basically have the God of Chaos under wraps with your levels of cuteness!” Rainbow exclaimed as she listed off the many things that Fluttershy was.

“Oh, and what about you?” Fluttershy whispered. Rainbow puffed up and smiled brightly, thinking about herself.

“Well, I’m not the fastest flyer in Equestria for no reason! Ponies love mares that are confident and strong and as fast as me! That’s right, Rainbow Dash, fastest mare alive!” Rainbow said proudly.

“Maybe that’s why you can’t get a date,” Fluttershy commented, and Rainbow stopped walking beside Fluttershy. Fluttershy kept going for a bit, before she realized that Rainbow was not beside her anymore and she looked back to see Rainbow looking at Fluttershy with hurt and betrayal. She held a hoof to her chest and wiped away an imaginary tear.

“That one actually burns, Fluttershy,” Rainbow said as she shook her head for a moment. “I’ll get you back for that one!”

With that, Fluttershy eeped as Rainbow tackled her to the ground, and they both tumbled together. Soon, Rainbow was on top of Fluttershy, pinning her down. Both were breathing from the quick adrenaline rush. “Gotcha,” Rainbow smiled as she held Fluttershy still with one hoof.

“What are you going to do with me?” Fluttershy asked, now a little afraid.

“So many things, Fluttershy, so many-”

“Oh just get a room already!” somepony cried out and then Fluttershy and Rainbow watched in dismay as Rarity and Pinkie emerged from some bushes. Fluttershy and Rainbow looked at each other, and then at the mares watching them, before widening their eyes. They quickly got off each other and recomposed themselves before Rainbow began to stammer.

“W-what are you talking about?” Rainbow laughed nervously.

“...” Fluttershy said.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie deadpanned at the couple. “You know what we mean,” Rarity assured.

“And I’ll get the Relationship Cake ready!” Pinkie cried before dashing off.

“Pinkie, no!” Rainbow cried, but it was too late.

“I ship it,” Rarity stated before beginning a trot away from them. “You can’t escape the facts, darling!”

“Guhhh!” Rainbow groaned as she pulled a few of her hairs from her head. “Who does she thinks she is, telling us we should be-”

Fluttershy cut Rainbow off when she grabbed her face in her hooves and planted a kiss on Rainbow’s lips. With that, Fluttershy blushed before running off, leaving the polychromatic mare stunned.

“F-Fluttershy? Wha-?” she stuttered, and failed to get the words out of her mouth.

Suddenly, Pinkie came back with a great big heart shaped cake that had caricatures of Rainbow and Fluttershy intricately carved on it. “I’m back!” she pants, before noticing that Fluttershy was now gone. “Hey! Where’d Fluttershy go?”

Rainbow stayed silent as she stared at the empty space where Fluttershy had previously been.

Pinkie also noticed the absence of Rarity and frowned. “Did I miss something?”

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed! Rainbow Dash sure did! :rainbowlaugh::yay:

Comments ( 16 )

Fluttershy.... The master of many skills:eeyup:

I don't even...:rainbowhuh:

Fluttershy always wins.ALWAYS:flutterrage:

A nice fic and all, but oh so many typos that it hurts my eyes!

7805012 Your profile picture perfectly matches your comment :rainbowlaugh:

If I may ask, where are these typos?

Surprised nobody has left this

7805019 That's why I don't use ponemoji when I'm being critical.

There was one your/you're mistake, a few repeat words, a few spelling errors, minor grammar stuff. Sorry that I don't have the time to actually proof it, but I think you'll probably spot them pretty easy if you do a read-through.

7805096 That's what got my attention on the story lol

“I ship it,” Rarity stated before beginning a trot away from them. “You can’t escape the facts, darling!”

basically what any shippers say in the face of canon

And Fluttershy wins the internet.

This story was... acceptable.

So funny. As a Flutterdash shipper, I totally enjoyed this.

8396881
Thanks for enjoying this attempt at comedic romance! And thank you for enjoying it enough to warrant a comment :twilightsmile:

That was adorable!

Rainbow Dash, that's me! Fastest mare alive!

Maybe that's why you can't get a date

My jaw dropped & 😂😂😂

Login or register to comment