• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 2,153 Views, 41 Comments

A Spark of Magic - Robsa990



Queen Chrysalis has returned! Will the new colt join the mane 6 to defeat her and her changelings?

  • ...
10
 41
 2,153

The Caves Beneath Canterlot

Upon seeing the ‘royal guards’, I notice 2 mistakes they’ve made. First, the royal guards usually wait outside of the train and they do not enter. The second mistake is their eyes of course, but they’re trying to act like royal guards, meaning they don’t know that we can see through their disguises, also meaning we can take them by surprise. I look to my left where Twilight is just starting to get up. I decide to lower my tone to speak with her.

“Hey, Twilight. Look. The eyes of those guards; they’re changelings. They don’t know that we can see through their disguises.” Twilight’s face had no signs of surprise or shock which means she’d expected this. “I know a spell that will temporarily disorient them but for it to work, you and the rest of the girls will have to shield your eyes.”

“Ok, but keep acting like you’re just waking up, I’ll go warn the girls by pretending to wake them up. If the changelings will keep their roles, they shouldn’t be suspicious of what I’m going to do. Oh, and wait for my signal.” Twilight says. I give a slight nod to Twilight as she starts to climb out of her bed. I watch the ‘guards’ intently in case they are to strike. They are both standing idly a few feet away from the beds of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Luckily they are not wielding their spears as they are too tall to fit inside the train. They are still wearing royal guard armour. If Twilight can use her spell to return them to normal, the armour should disappear. In the corner of my eye I see Twilight ‘waking’ the others up and warning them on what’s about to happen. After a few moments, the girls start climbing out of bed and I do too. I stand on all fours at the ready, awaiting Twilight’s signal whatever it was. Twilight turns to face the ‘guards’.
“Now!” She yells. Feeling the magical energy sparking on my horn, I release a blinding, pulse wave of light. This temporarily blinds and disorients the ‘guards’. I look back towards Twilight.

“Use your change spell on them Twilight” I bark. She nods, faces the incapacitated guards, and fires two purple beams of magic. Within a second, both the ‘guards’ are now their changeling selves. “Rainbow, Applejack, you know what to do!” I say to them.

“We’re on it, Silver!” Says Applejack.

“With pleasure!” Says Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash charges straight towards the guard on the left, who’s still unaware of what’s going on. With her back hooves, she kicks the changeling’s head back, causing an unhealthy snap of the neck. The changeling’s body disappears in a short burst of green flames and then into ashes. Applejack positions herself in front of the remaining changeling and executes a fast and strong buck to the chest, sending it through a window in a shower of glass.

“Woo! You go, girls!” Cheers Pinkie Pie.

“Y-yeah….woohoo…” Fluttershy says quietly.

“You showed those ruffians!” Rarity says.

“That’s a great spell you used on them Silver” Twilight says. I smile at her compliment.

“One of my finest…” I say. “We need to get moving; let’s go, everypony”. The sun is starting to rise, slowly lighting up the sky. I’m the first one to exit the train and step onto the cold pavement and the girls follow. I stop, frozen in my tracks just outside the train door and Twilight bumps into me. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of changelings are heading towards our direction from all over Canterlot. Within seconds, we were surrounded by changelings hovering in the air and on the ground. Then a familiar cackle fills the air, I turn around to see Chrysalis on top of the train. Twilight and her friends are startled at Chrysalis’s sudden appearance.

“Hahahahaha! Why if it isn’t the bearers of the elements of harmony. Oh, what’s this? A new addition?” Cackles Queen Chrysalis.

“Yeah! He’s going to help us destroy you!” Shouts Pinkie, not her usual self anymore.
“Mhmhmhm…. is that so?” Says Chrysalis.

“What have you done with Cadence and my brother?!” Twilight shouts.

“Oh? I’ve forgotten about them. Let’s see…. They’d probably be dead by now.” Chrysalis says, laughing. I can see Twilight’s temper sky rocketing as she starts to charge a spell. A purple beam of magic shoots from Twilight’s horn and directly at Chrysalis. But the beam just dissipates as it strikes her. I gasp and so does Twilight. “Hahahahah! You fool! I’m just as powerful as Celestia. Your pitiful magic can’t hurt me”.

My horn begins to spark as I start to charge a spell. “Oh no, you don’t!” Chrysalis’s horn lights up green and before I could react, the green beam strikes me.

“Aghhh!” I yell as I get thrown back. An excruciating burning pain overwhelms my body and I can hear Twilight and the others yelling my name. I manage to open one eye through the intense pain and I see five changelings start to surround me, my vision starts to fade and I slip out of consciousness....... My eyes shoot open as I take a deep breath. I’m lying on my side and I push myself up. My body feels weak and sore all over. I start to observe my surroundings, the light is very dull and reflected on what looks like shiny rocks on the walls of…..a cave? “This must be….the caves beneath Canterlot? Shining Armour and Cadence must be in here”. I light up my surrounding area with a luminescent spell to reveal a very spacious rocky cave with crystals growing on the walls along with tunnels branching out in different directions. “Heeeey!!!!!” I shout, the sound of my voice echoes as the soundwaves bounce around in the cave. I hear a light shuffle from behind me. I quickly turn around to face the wall of the cave. Then a muffled voice sounds from behind the wall.

“A-anypony….please help..” Says a mare’s voice. That voice, it sounds familiar.

“Cadence!?” I ask. I hear shuffles from behind the wall again.

“Please…..help” She replies. I observe the wall to make sure it’s not one of the main supports for the cave.

“Stand back, I’ll get you out!” I say as I charge a minor ballistic spell. I aim my horn at the wall and release the spell. The wall cracks and gives way, blasting a large chunk out of the wall. I cough a bit waiting for the dust to settle. I walk forward towards the hole in the wall and I take a look inside. I see 2 figures against the far wall of the small area, the dull light from the hole, lighting up a purple, pink and white tail. I approach the figures and suddenly one figure rushes towards me. Out of the darkness comes Princess Cadence, her mane dusty, ruffled and in tangles with tears in her eyes. She hugs me for a brief two seconds before speaking.

“Oh thank Celestia, you have to help us! Shining Armour’s unconscious!” She says very worriedly. I give a quick introduction.

“My name is Silver Spark; I was separated from Twilight and her friends not long ago. How long were you down here?”

“A little over 12 hours…” She replies. Walking towards Shining Armour reveals a shiny ring attached to the base of his horn. I look back at Cadence who has the same. I’ve seen those rings before; they’re used to prevent magic.

“Hold on Cadence, I know a spell that can remove those rings”. Cadence is thrilled to hear me say that.

“Oh, good! This ring is driving me nuts, not being able to use magic and all…” Cadence nods.

“If you could lower your head, that’d be great.” I say with a slight chuckle.

“Hehe oh, right.” She says as she lowers her head to my horn’s height. I channel a spell which is seen as a small beam of light from my horn to the ring. After a few seconds the ring starts to light up around the seams then the ring falls apart in tiny pieces as it hits the cave floor with a few clinks. I do the same for Shining who’s still unconscious by the looks of it. Cadence kneels down beside Shining and her horn begins to glow a light cyan blue. Her spell starts to give off a blue glow around Shining Armour as he starts to groan. The spell wears off and Shining holds a hoof to his head.

“Arrgghh…….are…..are we still down here? Hey…..how did you use magi-ahh” Shining as interrupted as Cadence pulls Shining in for a hug.

“I was so worried Shining, but we’re getting out of here. Thanks to Silver Spark for finding us and removing those dreadful rings.” Says Cadence. Shining is released from the hug, stands up and walks towards me.

“I must thank you Mr. Spark. If it weren’t for you, who knows what might have happened…” Says Shining.

“You’re very welcome, Shining, but there’s no time to lose! We have to get out of here. Twilight and her friends are in danger!” I hurriedly say. Cadence gallops back through the hole.

“Follow me” She says. Shining and I look at each other with a surprised look and then we nod. We follow Cadence, trailing behind her as she skilfully takes lefts and right through the caves. We stop as we come to a bigger clearing of the cave, only this time there‘s cart tracks that spiral down a huge hole, only there was no cart in sight.
“Silver, Shining, come here and gather ‘round!” Calls Cadence. We both do as she says and her horn lights up. In a flash of light, the three of us appear somewhere else in the cave. “Hah! It worked, since Twilight and I used the cart previously, I thought I’d teleport us to the other side of where the cart tracks ended.”

“Nice one princess!” I cheer.

“That’s my Cadence!” Shining cheers as he hugs her.

“Thanks, but there’s still another ledge to get to…” She says as her horn powers up a spell. In another flash of light we teleport to the upper ledge Cadence was talking about, where we see light at the end of a tunnel.
“The exit!” Shining and I say in unison. The three of us gallop excitedly towards the final tunnel. Suddenly a bunch of black silhouettes appear at the end of the tunnel and they start to charge towards us. We keep galloping towards the exit, ready to fight whatever they may be. As we come closer to them, the light reveals six figures. All three of us gasp and stop dead in our tracks. Shining is the first one to speak.

“Tw- Twily?!” He says surprised. The group of six start to slow down to a trot. Shining excitedly gallops towards Twilight when I notice their eyes. Green glowing eyes.
“Shining, no!” I yell but it was too late. ‘Twilight’s’ horn glows green and executes a spell on Shining, blasting him backwards. Shining is hurled through the air at a fast speed, having no time to move, he collides with me sending me tumbling back.

“Aghh…” I groan as I’m slowly rolling to a stop. Suddenly the ground disappears beneath me. I quickly shoot my right hoof into the air and luckily catch the edge of the ledge. Cadence and Shining call my name and I hear them running towards me. I manage to lift my other hoof up to the ledge and attempt to pull myself up when a flash of light appears in front of me. The changeling disguised as Twilight looks down at me from the top of the ledge, with an evil smile across her face. Its horn lights up green and with a loud explosion and a ringing in my ears I feel myself falling.

“Noooooo!” Is all I hear from Cadence and Shining as I fall. Closing my eyes, I know the ground is approaching fast. All of a sudden I feel a floating sensation. I open my eyes to see I’m encased in a purple glow. I look to my left and I see…..

“Twilight?!” I say surprised. And with Twilight are her friends, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. I am slowly lowered to the ground at which point Twilight collapses to the ground and breathes heavily.

“Twilight!” We all say in unison as we surround her.

“Twilight, are you ok?” I ask. Through her breaths she manages to say

“Y-yeah, I’m fine……that spell…it…..it took a lot out of me, you know?” Twilight gets to her hooves and lunges towards me and embraces in a hug. “I’m glad you’re ok, Silver…” She says lightly. Her friends give out an ‘aww’ during this becoming moment. “Did you find Cadence and my brother? Are they ok?” She asks worriedly.

“Yes, they’re alive and well, Twilight. However, the last time I’ve seen them was before I fell. A group of changelings disguised as you six were waiting for us at the exit, they must’ve captured them. We must hurry.” I say. Rainbow hovers above the ground.

“I can’t wait to teach Chrysalis and her changelings a lesson! Come on everypony, let’s go!” Rainbow says.

Comments ( 7 )

gread story i like it :pinkiehappy:

great chapter keep them coming please. :twilightsmile::eeyup::yay:

I like how Twi kills one changeling by dropping him on train tracks, it must have been horribly painful.
I'm kidding. They're killing these things without mercy, and Silver suddenly knows Shining and Cadence. It makes 0% sense.

But Shineing is a guard shouldn't he be able to fight?

992679
...ugh! whats the fun in making sens?!

1019674
::raises hand:: I second that notion!:pinkiehappy:

848120 http://www.grammarcheck.me
This site helps with spelling, cliches, and other mistakes, like correcting 'then' to 'than,' and vise versa. Hope it helps.

Login or register to comment