• Published 18th Dec 2016
  • 4,165 Views, 34 Comments

Big Celly - Raps



Celestia grows really big and has trouble adjusting. Luna's going to help because she's a very nice pony.

  • ...
3
 34
 4,165

A Most Splendid Idea

Luna let out a long, calming breath. The wide expanse of night sky gradually took on an almost imperceptible hue of blue. She patiently watched in silence as her sister, Celestia, brought the light of a new day to Equestria. The city of Canterlot was bathed in an eerie indigo glow as the night gradually evaporated. A blanket of mist descended upon the palace gardens, and a light breeze rustled the leaves and grass. The sisters reveled in this moment of peaceful equilibrium as the city around them slumbered. Here and now they could simply enjoy each other’s company - a great rarity as of late.

Princess Celestia softly sighed. “This is my favorite time of day, you know. Feels like old times.”

Luna smirked. “Ah, yes - the times of old. Truly ancient, that bygone age the scholars refer to as, ‘last week’.”

Celestia almost chuckled but caught herself not a moment too soon.

Luna let out a yawn while the eastern horizon was colored by a bright palette of orange, pink and yellow. The first rays of the sun shone brilliantly, casting long shadows across the land while the birds began to sing their melodies. She stretched her neck to look up to Celestia’s calm visage, far, far above.

The light of dawn first illuminated the tip of Celestia’s enormous white horn among the castle spires before gradually moving down to her voluminous mane. Luna smiled when the sun finally shone upon her sister’s face, for Celestia took on a look of pure joy, inadvertently sending a low rumble through the ground. Luna laughed and hoped that the subjects slept through it.

“It’s getting early,” Celestia whispered as soft as she could. “You should get to bed.”

Luna nodded and rose, slipping all four hooves into her silver shoes. “Indeed. Braving the day court on but an hour’s sleep would not be wise.”

“I can still manage you know” Celestia repositioned her flank, sending another, stronger tremor through the ground. Luna couldn’t help but wince - half the city ought to be awake after that one.

“Perhaps, but in the interest of efficiency it is for the best that I continue to fill in,” Luna said.

She stopped at the huge pillar of fine white fur that was her sister’s forehoof, the sole of which could easily hold more than five ponies. Even lying down, Celestia’s massive body could more than fill the entirety of the palace’s Grand Hall. Indeed, her current predicament had made fulfilling her royal duties nigh impossible, until such a time as a new set of operations could be established. For now, it was up to the Lunar Princess alone to preside over Equestria’s happenings.

There was a sound at the far palace wall, where a pair of ornate doors swung open. A small gang of maid ponies trotted into the gardens, each towing three large catering carts the size of wagons. Although they maintained an impressive air of professionalism, Luna could still make out the tiniest hint of apprehension in their eyes. To their credit, they each nonetheless performed a quick curtsy to them both, and set to preparing Celestia for her day. Gigantic princess or no, they would remain loyal… and of course, a very generous bonus on behalf of the Lunar Court did not hurt.

Celestia lowered her huge head to the grass before the little ponies. Luna met her and laid a hoof on her muzzle as she looked into a violet, house-sized eye. “Good day, sister.”

Celestia beamed. She wished Luna the same before turning to what was essentially a great picnic. An impressive assortment of breakfast stuffs lay before her: pastries, fruits, oats, pancakes, entire loaves of toast, various kinds of potatoes, great pilings of hay bacon, with all the more being set out by the moment. In one motion Celestia’s pink tongue emerged from her cavernous mouth and scraped along the grass, scooping it all up at once and then retreating back to her hungry muzzle with a rumbling, satisfied hum.

Luna chuckled and trotted to the palace as the maids laid out the contents of another cart. Just as she made to enter the doorway, though, a quick shriek made her whip around. There, caught up to her belly in Celestia’s mouth, was a maid frantically beating against her enormous lips.

“Tia!” Luna yelled.

Celestia’s eyes went wide. She quickly plucked the poor pony from her maw and set her down in the grass, immediately apologizing profusely with a hoof over her muzzle. The little maid assured her that she was alright, and promptly went back to work, only a little damp from the mishap.

Luna looked on for another few moments, but when she was certain that everything was in relative order, she finally turned about and retreated into the confines of the palace.

Invoking the true power of the sun to defeat Equestria’s enemies was a colossal gamble, to be sure, but Luna was just thankful that her sister was still alive, and their subjects were safe. Well, relatively speaking. She still worried greatly for her sister, and the comparatively tiny ponies she now lived among, but they would just have to make do with these new developments, is all.

Somehow.

--

Twilight Sparkle did her best to refrain from laughing at Luna’s recounting of the morning’s events, but ultimately gave in, resting her forehead upon the cutie map as she giggled. Across from her, Luna quietly sipped her tea, nonplussed. It would certainly have been most humorous had not Celestia been in such clear distress from the mishap... you know, considering she’d very nearly eaten one of their subjects.

“I wish to help her, Twilight,” she said as Twilight calmed down. “I feel as though she’s losing hope. I want to show her that everything can be alright again, even if everything can’t be as it once was.”

A few minor events had occurred over the last week since Celestia had grown, effortlessly uprooting a tree with a flick of her hoof, accidentally smashing a gazebo under her rump, those sorts of things.Each incident was dismissed relatively easily, but it also seemed to chip away at her morale. This morning was the closest she’d come to really hurting somepony, and it was why Luna had made come to Ponyville seeking counsel from her friend and fellow princess.

“Heh - hm - yes, I understand.” Twilight nodded, her grin softening. “I think part of the problem is that she doesn’t have anything to do right now, and she has too much time to dwell on that.”

“Precisely!” Luna agreed. “She no longer possesses the opportunity to engage with ponies - not without the risk of one errant movement bringing destruction, anyway. Even standing upright has become a long chore lest she not accidentally damage anything, and we dare not let her walk about.”

Twilight frowned.“She’s been confined the entire time?”

Luna nodded with a sigh. “At her own request. We’re not certain of what to do next, Twilight. I hoped that you might be able to make a suggestion.”

Twilight sat back and tried to think, muttering the inner machinations of her mind aloud.

“Not had the opportunity to even walk around, let alone amongst ponies… hasn’t had the chance to get used to being giant, and there really isn’t a practical way to do so… needs the practice...”

Luna lowered her eyes to the table in thought.

“Some way to fit in, and learn how to move again,” Twilight continued, “And it can’t just be only a wide open space - she needs buildings, as well as ponies.”

Luna slowly nodded her head. “A place where there are no consequences for making a mistake…”

“How about the dreamscape?”Twilight suggested. “You can bring her there, can’t you? Is it possible to properly recreate all of the variables of the real world?”

Luna tilted her head and entertained the thought. “That… could work. It’d be a great challenge, admittedly, but also safer than just about anything else. It would give her something to look forward to, as well!”

Luna rose and triumphantly spread her wings. “Yes! A most splendid idea! Celestia will finally get the chance to practice moving about at her new size! Thank you, Twilight! I will keep you notified of our progress!”

Luna disappeared in a brilliant flash of light, leaving a waving Twilight behind. “Whew.” Twilight chuckled and let out a sigh of relief. - “that should be way easier than building a city in the middle of the desert.”