• Published 20th Dec 2016
  • 2,365 Views, 61 Comments

Fairy Tail: Light and Dark - Moonlight Spark



An MLP x Fairy Tail crossover. It starts in Manehattan, where twilight and her friends along with the CMC, where having a trip until they met an unusual pegasus, a cat, and an earth pony. Which made their trip into a ever ending journey.

  • ...
7
 61
 2,365

Chapter 3-Little Experiment

Fairy Tail: Light and Dark

Chapter 3: Little Experiment

Written by: Moonlight Spark

------------------------------------------------------
Previously on Fairy Tail


Abyssal: Welcome to Fairy Tail


Mane 6: Fairy Tail?


Natsu: Wait a minute. Your Twilight Sparkle?


Abyssal: I'm sorry for Natsu’s behavior, he wants to challenge you to a magic battle. And we don't want to let that happen.


Rarity: Fleur?


Fleur: It's good to see you, darling.


Makarov: Nice to meet ya, your highness. Welcome to Fairy Tail.


Fleur: this is Fairy Tail’s master, master Makarov.


Twilight: can somepony from your guild can go to Ponyville tomorrow for some experiments that I need to do?


Makarov: Why, sure. I'll tell them tomorrow.


------------------------------------------------------


Another sunny day in Manehattan, Lucy is at her house preparing everything she needs before going to Fairy Tail until,


“Get out of here, you creep!!” Lucy shouted as she kick Natsu and Happy for going inside of her home without permission.


“Aw, come on. Your house is great.” Natsu protested, rubbing his head


“Aye. And cozy too.” Happy added, rubbing


“I don't care, you can't just barge into anyponies home without permission.” She said furiously.


“Fine, well leave. And better hurry up, Gramps has some kind of announcement to make.” He said as he opened the window and flew out with Happy.


“Aye.” Happy agreed as he followed him.

“Would you mind using the door?” She asked angrily. She then calmed down and clean Natsu and Happy’s mess before going out of her house and walked towards the guild.


Back in Ponyville


Twilight was getting ready for her experiment with the new discovery of new kind of magic and a way for pegasi and earth ponies use magic.


“Quills, check. Papers, check. Books, check. I guess that's everything.” She said as she levitated the items to her saddlebag.


“You know, I never knew everypony can use magic.” Spike said as he watch Twilight reading her list of preparations for her experiment.


“I know, Spike. All races has magic inside them but cannot release them yet. Master Makarov said that with great potential and training, you won't just be able to release them. You can control them as well.” She explained.


“Neat.”


Just then, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity came to the library to see what Twilight's been doing.


“Twi, you here? Were just checking to see what your doing.” Rainbow said as they stepped inside to see Twilight reading and double checking her list to see if she's done and Spike on one of the tables.


“What is she doing, Spike?” Applejack asked.


“Getting ready for her big experiment later.” He replied.


“Ohhh, I can't wait. What do you guys think of the magic I'll be using?” Pinkie asked excitedly, giving the group a grin.


They thought about it, but they shook their head meaning they don't know.


Twilight walk towards the group wearing her saddlebag with the books, papers, and quills inside.


“Alright, first we have to meet some members from Fairy Tail that Master Makarov sent.” She explained. The others nodded in agreement.


“Can I go with you? I wanna know how to use magic too.” Spike asked with puppy eyes. Twilight gave him a smile and a nod.


Back at the Fairy Tail Guild


Everypony of Fairy Tail stood up to know about the announcement as Master Makarov flew to the second floor.


“Listen, everypony I have an announcement to make!” He said, all eyes turned to him.


“Yesterday, before Princess Twilight left, she asked me if Fairy Tail can provide some of the members to join her with a little experiment to learn more of yesterday's discovery. Now I understand that some of you may not want to go, and I can respect that. I already picked five members to assist her. Those ponies names are. Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartfilia, Gray Fullbuster, Abyssal Shield, and Sunset Shimmer.” He announced.


Some were whispering, but Sunset was worried about the decision.


Lucy however was excited to help the princess of friendship on her experiment.

Natsu was hoping a battle on her experiment so he can beat up Gray.


Gray heard him and they're at each others throats before they stopped and shiver in fear as Abyssal gave them a menacing look.


“Now, you may return to what you were doing. If you have a question, come see me in my office.” He added before he flew down and walked toward the door leading to his office.


Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Abyssal, Happy, and Sunset leave the guild to prepare for their trip to Ponyville.


They met at the train station. Lucy was waiting for the others before Abyssal and Sunset both arrive. They then saw Natsu and Gray, who were racing to see who can get to the station first. But they both made it on the same time, causing both of them at each others throats before once again being stopped by Abyssal. Lucy and Sunset rolled their eyes as the train to Ponyville arrived. They all stepped inside and took their seats.


Meanwhile, at the train station at Ponyville…


Twilight and her friends were waiting at the train station for the arrival of the members of Fairy Tail.


Then they heard the train from Manehattan arriving to a screeching halt at the train station.


Abyssal first stepped out of the train, bowing at Twilight before walking beside the door of the train.


Lucy stepped out of the train with glee and a smile on her face before standing beside Abyssal.


Gray is the next one to step out and smiled at them before going to his group.


Then they saw Happy somehow carrying Natsu. Rainbow Dash chuckled at Natsu.


“So much for being a dragonslayer.” She said as she tries to stifle his laughter.


Twilight knows the reason of what's happening to Natsu. Then she turns back to the train and her eyes widens in shock and surprise to see the last member.


“Sunset Shimmer?” She asked, making the other turn their heads towards the fiery haired unicorn mare.


“Wait, the Sunset Shimmer? The unicorn who tries to steal Twilight's crown in the past?” Rainbow asked. Sunset nodded in agreement.


“It's good to see you, Twilight.” She said as she gave a weak smile.


“It's good to see you too.” Twilight said as she gave her a smile and pulled her into a hug.


“I'll explain what happen in the other dimension. For now, let's just find someplace to stay for a bit before starting this experiment of your, Twi.” Sunset suggested, breaking the hug.


“Oh, of course. Follow me.” Twilight said as they followed her towards her castle.


As they stepped inside, Everyone except Twilight and her friends was amazed by the inside of her castle.


“Wow, I can't believe I'm inside the castle of Princess Twilight.” Lucy said in excitement.


“This place is awesome.” Natsu said.


“Aye.” Happy agreed.


“This place is amazing.” Gray agreed.


“Indeed.” Abyssal agreed as well.


They all made their way towards the throne room. They saw circling the center six crystal thrones and one small crystal throne next to one of the thrones.


Natsu, Gray, and Happy made their way towards the dining room with the table full of food. Their stomach grumbles at the sight. And it wasn't long before the trio rushed to the table and started eating.


Meanwhile, Lucy was with Rarity on the other room. She was testing out the dresses Rarity made.


Applejack came back to Sweet Apple Acres to see if theirs some chores to do. Fluttershy returned to her cottage to feed the animals. Rainbow was on the roof chillaxing as she calls it. While Twilight, Sunset, Abyssal, and Spike was at the library part of the castle. Abyssal was reading some of the books on one of the tables while Spike was rearranging the shelves. Sunset and Twilight was at the other table talking about the adventures on the other side of the mirror.


“Wow, that was amazing. And congratulations by the way for winning in the Friendship Games.” Twilight said giving her a smile.


“Thanks, Twi. But I could have not done it without my friends.” Sunset said as she gave her a smile as well.


“Do they know your here?” Twilight asked.


“Yes, after I told them I'm coming back. They've agreed, even if it was hard. Even Pinkie thrown me a party before I left.” She explained as she chuckled at the last part.


Twilight chuckled as well. “I'm glad your here.” She said.


“Me, too.”


It was afternoon as they all met on the small plain area between the Everfree Forest and Ponyville.


“Okay, first I need to list down what kind of magic your using. So first Natsu, can you demonstrate your magic?” She explained as Natsu stepped forward.


Natsu looks at the dummy target as his wings and hooves lighted in fire. Everyone was shocked except Fluttershy who fainted at the flaming pegasus. Then Natsu puts his two hooves together as he flew up in the air and plummeting towards the target.


“Fire Dragon: Iron Fist!!” He yelled as he hits the target, creating a small bit loud explosion. He then turned back to the group with a toothy grin.


Twilight and her friends jaw dropped at what's left of the dummy.


“He overdid it!” They shouted in unison as they look at a small crater on where the dummy is once where.


Twilight shook the shock out of her as she listed Natsu’s dragonslayer magic.


“Okay, who's next? Um, Lucy is it?” She asked as Lucy stepped forward.


“My magic is called Celestial magic. I can summon a Celestial spirit from the Spirit world with a spirit key, like this.” She said as she pulled out a golden key on her saddlebag.


“I open thee gate of the maiden, Virgo.” She yelled as an earth pony mare with pink mane wearing a maids outfit with chains around her hooves came out of the ground and landed near her.


“You summoned me, mistress?” Virgo asked.


They were impressed by Lucy’s magic. Twilight smiled and listed down Lucy’s Celestial magic.


“Okay, next up is Gray.” Twilight said as Gray stepped forward.


He focused himself as he looks on another dummy.


“Ice make: Arrows!” He yelled as ice arrows appeared and charges straight towards the dummy.


They were in awe in his performance.


“My magic is called Ice Make. I can create inanimate objects, such as weapons, or by affecting the environment around me.” He explained as Twilight listed Gray’s Ice Make magic.


“Now it's only Abyssal and Sunset. Which of the two of you wants to step forward?” She asked.


“I will.” Sunset said as she steps forward.


She sigh and looks on the ice impaled dummy.


“Fire Bullet!” She said as her horn glowed and releases a large, bullet-like stream of fire towards the dummy. When it was over, dummy was no more than ashes.


“Whoa Nelly.” Applejack said as she was shocked by Sunset’s magic.


“Whoa.” Twilight said as she listed Sunset’s pyro magic.


“That.Was.Awesome!!” Rainbow Dash shouted excitedly.


“That was amazing, Sunset.” Spike said.


“I agree.” Pinkie said cheerfully.


“I gotta say, you were amazing Sunset. No wonder Princess Celestia took you as her prized pupil.” Twilight exclaimed as she smiled.


“Thanks, Twi.” Sunset said.


“Okay, only Abyssal is left. Would you care the honor?” She asked. Abyssal nodded in agreement as he steps in the center.


“Requip!” He shouted as he was covered in a bright light. When the light dimmed, he was now wearing a dragon like armor. The armor is predominantly dark red in color, but also has orange and black parts, with the orange parts being shaped like flames and the other parts being reminiscent of Dragon's limbs. It consists of the following parts: the chestplate, the gauntlets and the greaves. The chestplate possesses dragon wings on his back. He was levitating a large sword which is mostly dark red in color, with the exception of a small sliver of black in the middle, and bears orange decorations on its hand guard.


“I call this my flame emperor armor, it allows me to produce and manipulate fire as well as resistant to it. My magic is called Requip, it allows me to change my sword or armor anytime.” He explained as he was covered by bright light before it disappeared, now wearing his black vest.


“That is amazing!” Twilight said as she listed Abyssal’s Requip magic.


“Now that's everything. Thank you for your help everypony. With these notes, I can now discover that there are new kinds of magic inside us.” She said as she gave them a smile.


“Abyssal!!” They heard a voice coming from Ponyville.


As they turned around they saw a Dragon/pony hybrid with coat is made up of scales with armor like segments along the neck, belly, and all the way down to his tail, which are all white in coloration. He has a serpentine tail, which ends with a tuft of fur. he has fangs, and his eyes are a slitted sky blue. His mane is rather messy, and as such could be called spiky. he wears a red bandanna around his neck, that he found with his hammer. He has a cutie mark of an image of his hammer.


His name is Draconic Hammer/Drac, Abyssal’s friend, He uses large weaponry,mainly uses his signature war-hammer.


He was running towards Abyssal before halting to a stop.


“What is it?” Abyssal asked him.


“Manehattan is under attack. Our enemy is very powerful and somehow they have more numbers than we have.” He explained after panting.


“Come on, everypony. Let's go save Manehattan.” Natsu shouted as he and Happy ran towards the train station.


“Hey, wait for me you two.” Lucy said as she followed them.


“Don't you do anything rash.” Gray shouted as he followed the trio.


“Sunset, come on. They need us.” Abyssal said. Sunset nodded before turning to Twilight. Abyssal and Drac both followed the others, leaving Sunset with Twilight.


“Were coming with you Sunset.” Twilight suggested.


“What? You can't! It's too dangerous.” Sunset said.


“Don't worry, we have each other. Right everypony?” she asked.


“Were with you, Twilight!” Pinkie shouted in excitement.


“O-of course we'll help.” Fluttershy agreed.


“We'll do what we can.” Rarity agreed as well.


“Don't worry.” Applejack agreed also.


“Oh yeah, let's kick some villain flank!” Rainbow Dash shouted.


“Thank you, everypony.” Sunset said as they higged each other before catching up with the others.


They were waiting for Sunset and was surprised to see Twilight and her friends.


“What are you doing, princess?” Abbysal asked in confusion.


“We’re here to help, right girls?” She asked. They nodded in agreement.


“Fine, but keep out of danger, princess.” Abyssal insisted. Twilight nodded in agreement as they stepped inside the train going to Manehattan.

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 is done. Sorry it took a little longer, the holiday kinda slowed me down a bit but here it is. If your still enjoying this crossover story, go ahead and leave a like or not. And please don't spam the dislike. Anyway, here it is. Next chapter is the first fight of the dark guild. And next chapter, you will know who they are. But that's all for now, I'll see you on the next chapter.
Bye!!:pinkiehappy:

Abyssal Shield is owned by Shadow Hero

Draconic Hammer is owned by Darkscout99