• Published 20th Dec 2016
  • 2,362 Views, 61 Comments

Fairy Tail: Light and Dark - Moonlight Spark



An MLP x Fairy Tail crossover. It starts in Manehattan, where twilight and her friends along with the CMC, where having a trip until they met an unusual pegasus, a cat, and an earth pony. Which made their trip into a ever ending journey.

  • ...
7
 61
 2,362

Chapter 2-Learn From The Master

Fairy Tail: Light and Dark
Chapter 2: Learn From the Master
Written by: Moonlight Spark


----------------------------------------------------------
Previously on Fairy Tail…


Rarity: Why did I agree to this manual labor?


Applejack: Come on y'all. Let's just get this over with.


Lucy: You're not going to stop them?


Abyssal: Why you… You two are gonna pay for that!!!


Fleur: My goodness, I hope they're okay.


Loli: Were back everypony!


Sparky: Loli! Dawn! Your back!


Natsu: What did you call me, Frosty?


Gray: You know what I called you, Flame Breath.


Elfman: I'm a real stallion! I'll prove it to ya!


Dawn and Loli: THEY KNOCKED HIM THAT EASILY!!


Lucy: That's Natsu and Gray for ya.


Pinkie: What could possibly go wrong?


Twilight: Um… What's going on?


-----------------------------------------------------------


The guild was in a silence as the fairy tail guild and Twilight and her friends stared each other. Abyssal stepped forward and bowed before Twilight.


“Princess Twilight, we didn't know you and the other bearers are coming. Please forgive me for their actions.” Abyssal said as he bowed.


“It's fine, sir…”


“Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Abyssal Shield.” He introduced himself. “Welcome to Fairy Tail.” He added.


“Fairy Tail?” The bearers asked in unison.


“Fairy Tail is the name of our guild. A guild is a place where ponies or other races with magical abilities or as we call them wizards joins and take jobs to earn bits. The job varies of different rewards and different difficulties.” Abyssal explained.


The bearers are in awe of the inside of the building. The outside of it was artistic, but the inside was more spacious in the inside.


“Wait a minute. Your Twilight Sparkle? Princess of friendship? Bearer of the element of magic?” Natsu asked as he trotted forward.


The members were whispering in Natsu’s questions. Some say he might not know, some say he'll challenge her in a magic duel. But he wouldn't do that right? He's not an idiot. Oh wait, he is.


Twilight nodded on his questions, then Natsu gave a toothy grin and said,


“I heard about your battle against Tirek in the past. You were pretty powerful and I wanna see it myself. Princess Twilight, I-” He was cutted off by Abyssal who punched him in the head, causing Natsu to get knocked out and falls to the ground.


“Why did you do that?” Twilight asked in bewildered.


“I'm sorry for Natsu’s behavior, he wants to challenge you to a magic battle. And we don't want to let that happen. We don't want the magic council to think a member of our guild attacks a royal.” Abyssal explained.


“I see. But wait, he's a pegasus he can't use magic.” Twilight said, surprised at the new discovery.


“Our master will get to that later.” He said. Natsu woke up and glared at Abyssal.


“What did you do that for? He asked furiously.


“To stop you from doing something stupid.” He replied, giving back an even scarier glance at Natsu, who was now shivering in fear.


“Aye.” He said while scared.


Flutrershy noticed Happy and flew towards him and sats down gently near him.


“Oh, you must be the cutest cat I've ever seen.” She said as she pace her hoof on the cat.


“Aye, I get that a lot.” He said.


“Your a talking cat? That's even better.”


Rarity scoured the building when she saw the last pony she wants to see.


“Fleur?” She asked. Fleur was handling the dishes as she heard Rarity’s voice and saw her with the other princess.


“Rarity?” She then walked towards them. When they look at each other, Fleur was surprised but happy and Rarity was shocked and surprised.


“It's good to see you, darling.” She said, smiling at her.


“Fleur, what are you doing here?” Rarity asked, still dumbfounded.


“I work here for some time now. I kinda grown up here.” She replied.


“Y-you… W-work… H-h-here?” She asked her, still surprised. Fleur nodded in agreement and smiled.


Meanwhile, Pinkie was looking at gray, somehow his white jacket was gone. Pinkie was blushing a bit.


Rainbow Dash and Natsu were having conversations from Rainbow’s first rainboom to Natsu’s awesome dragonslayer magic.


“Wait, you kill dragons?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.


“What? No, in fact it was a dragon that taught me dragonslayer magic.” He said.


Applejack was standing on the request board, looking at the various jobs they took.


“So, you came to look for a job or what?” Applejack turned to the voice to see an earth pony mare with a tan skin. She has long, mid-back length brown hair with varying shades of color, having been seen as bright brown, black, and, ultimately, plain brown. Her cutie mark was two mug of booze clank at each other, splashing some content.


This lovely mare is Cana Alberona, The holder of Fairy Tail’s ‘Heaviest Drinker’. She uses magic cards.


“I don't really date the boys here cause they have no class.” She said before taking a small barrel of booz and chugged it down.


“And she says they don't have class.” Applejack muttered as she rolled her eyes.


Meanwhile, Twilight and Abyssal were talking more about the guild while Natsu and Grey are back at each others throats. Twilight and the bearers didn't mind. They were so amazed of what the guild can do. Then suddenly, a large shadowy figure came from behind the bar. Natsu and Gray stopped as the figure was behind them. Gray stepped back.


“What's the matter, Gray? Chickening out? I guess I won this fi-Ow!” He was cutted off when the figure stepped on him and said, “HUSH BOY. Hmm, Princess Twilight? What are you doing here?” The figure ask.


“Oh, welcome back master.” Fleur greeted the titan.


“Master?” The bearers asked in unison.


“Hold on. Ahhhhhhh.” The titan screamed as it… Shrinking? The figure stopped shrinking about his tallness is the same from Twilight and her friends. It revealed a small old looking dragon wearing a weird outfit and hat.


“Nice to meet ya, your highness. Welcome to Fairy Tail. I'm sorry about my kid’s behavior, and I hope you forgive them.” The dragon greeted Twilight with a bow.


“It's nice to meet you too.” She greeted back with a smile. Then Fleur walked beside the dragon and said,


“Everypony, this is Fairy Tail’s master, master Makarov.” She introduced him.


Then, all of them returned to their daily basis without starting a fight again with Twilight in the guild. She was with master Makarov and asking more information about the guild.


“Wait, so he kills dragons?” She asked as Makarov told Twilight of Natsu’s magic.


“No, no, no, he'd never kill dragons. In fact, his father is a dragon.” He corrected, Twilight’s jaw dropped as he heard Natsu’s father is a dragon.


“You see, Natsu has been taught by his father how to use magic. And as a dragonslayer, they have to capabilities of a dragon. Natsu is a fire dragonslayer.His lungs capable of spewing flames, scales that grant protection against fire, and nails covered in flames. He can also eat flames to replenish his strength, but he can't eat his own flames. The only drawback of a dragonslayer is motion sickness. Any kind of transportation can give the dragonslayer motion sickness.” He explained


Twilight was now fascinated by Natsu’s magic.


“But wait, how can a non-unicorn or alicorn can use magic without a horn?” She asked.


“The truth is, you can. You just don't know how to release them, it takes a lot of training, hardwork, and patience to master them. Some may get them from great potentials. But once it's release, you can now use your magic, but with a little more training on how to use your magic. That said that you can now control your magic.This same goes for the other races.” He explained.


Twilight was now smiling with glee. She has so much more things to experiment. Which gives her an idea.


“Master Makarov, can somepony from your guild can go to Ponyville tomorrow for some experiments that I need to do?” She asked


“Why, sure. I'll tell them later.” He agreed with a smile.


“Thank you. Actually, I don't mind the guild members behavior. I know this must be normal to you so I'll see you soon.” She said before going back to the other bearers.


“Twilight, there you are. Come on, it's almost time for the opening of the boutique.” Rarity said.


After the group left, things started back to where they left off when Natsu throws a chair at Gray, starting a brawl in the center with everyone joining in as well as Rox and Abyssal. The other sigh in defeat as they look on the brawl.


“Well, that went well.” Lucy said.


“Yeah, I still can't believe Natsu would challenge her in a duel.” Dawn agreed.


“Well, that's Natsu for ya.” Loli agreed.


“Aye.” Happy said.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2by s done. This took a little longer to finish but its here. If you guys still enjoyed the story, go ahead and click that thumbs up. Please don't spam the thumbs down button:fluttercry:. Anyways, comment down below the part you like best and also comment down some mistakes you spotted while reading, that would be helpful. And so guys, I may publish the next chapter on
Christmas or maybe after. That's all for now, I'll see you on the next chapter.:pinkiehappy::heart:

Abyssal Shield is owned by Shadow Hero

Dawning T. Forge, Loli Beats, Rod Candy, and Sparkplug are owned by Snova Arc