• Published 16th Dec 2016
  • 14,187 Views, 132 Comments

Reverse - hattafan2593



An Anon-A-Miss fic with the roles reversed

  • ...
16
 132
 14,187

Chapter 2

The bell rang, signifying the end of class and the beginning of lunch period. The students filed out into the halls and went to their lockers or headed to the cafeteria.

Applejack searched the halls with sharp eyes. She spotted her target and marched down the hall against the flow of traffic, barely noticing that her friends were right behind her. This Anon-A-Miss crap needed to be dealt with, and she was determined to clear this up once and for all.

"Sunset!" Applejack called, quickening her pace.

Sunset didn't turn around, but it was obvious that she had heard her, because she started walking faster.

"Sunset, stop!" Applejack shouted, quickly becoming frustrated.

Sunset had all but broke into a run now. Suddenly a blue blur ran past Applejack and tackled Sunset to the floor.

Applejack stopped sprinting and facepalmed as Sunset was dragged into a nearby closet. Dammit, Dash....

Applejack flung the door open to Sunset struggling as Rainbow held her arms behind her back.

"Dash, let 'er go." Applejack demanded, placing her hands on her hips.

"But-"

"Let her go!"

Rainbow released Sunset and walked out of the closet, hands raised in surrender. The others backed up to allow Sunset to leave the closet. Sunset stood in front of the group, but wouldn't look at them, her arms crossed tightly across her chest.

"Look, ya think this is easy fer us?" Applejack asked, her voice tinged with frustrated sadness. "Ya think we enjoy th' idea that one a' our friends stabbed us in the back? We're th' ones whose secrets're gettin' passed around. We're the ones gettin' laughed at! And you stompin' off an' throwin' a hissy fit ain't helpin' things!"

Sunset's arms fell to her sides, but she still wouldn't look at them.

Applejack took a step forward, her arms held out imploringly. "All we want is the truth, Sunset. We just wanna find out what's goin' on."

Sunset raised her head and glared at them, her bloodshot eyes tinged with heartbreak. "Applejack, if you all would just stop and think for just one minute, you would realize that I have literally nothing to gain from this! I went through hell after the Fall Formal, and I was only able to endure it because I had you five. Why, after all the shit I went through, would I choose to go back to being alone? Why, in the hell, after everything we've been through together as friends, after all the work I've done to improve my reputation, would I throw all of that away, just to post some stupid pictures?! I may have been a bitch, AJ, but I'm not stupid!"

Silence fell on the group as they contemplated Sunset's words. Sunset sighed, running a hand through her hair. "It doesn't matter. Like I said, I can't prove I didn't do it."

"But this can." Everyone turned to see Pinkie scrolling through her phone. "Anon-A-Miss just made another post." She held her phone up for the others to see and pointed to the screen. "Look at the time stamp. This was posted fifteen seconds ago!"

This simple sentence sent a ripple effect throughout the group as their eyes widened. Sunset had been standing in front of them in all that time, without a phone or computer in sight. She couldn't have posted that. Anon-A-Miss had finally slipped up.

Rainbow Dash rubbed her arm nervously, her face a mask of guilt. "I...guess you didn't do it after all."

Sunset sent her a glare that all but screamed, No shit, Sherlock!

Rainbow averted her gaze. She knew she deserved it.

Author's Note:

So, Rainbow's finally come around.

Now to find out the real culprit. But the question is....will they be able to handle the answer?

Sorry the chapter's so short.

More to come soon.