• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 3,336 Views, 120 Comments

Sunset's Possible Returns, by Princess Celestia - Marwile



Luna reads more "Sunset returns"-scenarios.

  • ...
6
 120
 3,336

Dragon Lords, Dragon Cards and a Dragon Maid

Scenario SB-TC#8:

Sunset walked out of the portal. With her magic she was carrying a large, bulky machine vaguely resembling a black dragon head. While Celestia was trying to figure out the strange machine, its front ‘maw’ started to glow orange, only to release a few seconds later a black, straight shot at the surprised princess. The shot pierced Celestia, who started to glow in a golden light.

Moments later a big statue was standing in her place. It showed a greyed-out Celestia in a battle-ready stance on a golden stand.

Sunset took her time to look at the statue from all sides. She then decided to touch the statue at its stand. The whole statue got enveloped in a golden light again and after a few moments the normal Celestia was lying on the floor again.

Clearly exhausted from her transformation Celestia slowly lifted her head. “S-Sunset, what happened?”

“I used this cannon to transform you into a trophy.”

“Ooookay, and why did you turn me back?”

“Oh, I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to do it again.”, Sunset answered with a grin.

Celestia didn’t notice the cannon charging up again and before she could react, she got hit again. And again a Celestia-trophy was standing in the middle of the room.

“Surely someone would pay a lot of money for a life size trophy of Celestia.”, Luna was guessing.

Scenario KD-TM#5:

The mirror activated and two ponies came out of it. Celestia immediately recognized one of them as Sunset, who wore a pretty self conscious grin. But the princess didn’t know the other pony. She was a green earth-pony with blonde hair (with red tips) done in pigtails and had a look of genuine curiosity and excitement on her face. But the most outstanding features were the horns on her head, her draconic tail and the maid outfit she was wearing.

She was also the first one to speak up. “Wooow, Sunset-san, this is the place you grew up in?”

“Yes, Tohru, it is. And the white alicorn over there is the princess I told you about. You know, the one who treated me so badly.”, Sunset answered.

Tohru’s expression turned serious in an instant and she started growling at Celestia.

The princess, however, was unfazed by this. “And if you still stick to these childish ideas, then you can also continue your punishment and go back to your room.”

At this the mysterious pony got angry. “No one… punishes… Sunset-san…”. She magically turned into a huge, green dragon and roared at Celestia loud enough to shake the castle.

But the princess was still unimpressed. “If you want you can spend the time with her in her room.”

The dragon changed from angry to happy again. “Really?”, she replied in a girly, unfitting-for-a-dragon voice.

Tohru turned back into a pony. “Did you hear that, Sunset-san? We can spend the whole day together! Come on!” She took Sunset’s hoof and pulled her deeper into the castle without much effort.

“W-Wait, that’s not how it was supposed to go!”

Celestia couldn’t help but chuckle slightly.

Luna was laughing, too.

Scenario WH-HW#24:

Sunset stepped out of the mirror. In her magical glow she was holding several wrapped presents.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming, Princess Celestia!”, Sunset said happily.

“Ehhh...It’s Hearts-and-Hooves day.”, Celestia cleared up.

“Ponyfeathers!”, Sunset turned around went through the mirror again with all presents.

“Does she have a problem with holidays?”, Luna wondered.

Scenario CE-GF#122:

It was a dark day for Canterlot and its pony inhabitants. Without any prior indications hordes of dragons started attacking the capital city and the castle. Celestia and the royal guards were busy defending the innocent.

After (easily) fending off a group led by a red teen-dragon, Celestia decided to take matters into her own hooves. Most dragons weren’t smart enough for such a coordinated attack, so someone was leading them. And dragons were always following the strongest. So she flew up to the one dragon, that was nearly the height of her castle.

“What’s going on here, Torch? I made the peace contract extra easy to understand. Why are you attacking all of a sudden?”, Celestia basically shouted at the dragon.

“Sorry, Celestia, but everydragon now follows the new dragonlord and she decided to attack.” The former dragonlord pointed with his claws at the top of his head, where surprisingly enough and easily missable a unicorn was sitting. Said unicorn had a yellow coat and red hair with yellow strands and was holding a blue staff with a red stone on its top.

Celestia was shocked by this revelation. “Sunset Shimmer?!”

“I told you, Celestia, that I could be a princess. Becoming dragonlord was pretty easy. They never said magic teleportation isn’t allowed during the gauntlet of fire. And soon I will rule over both, ponies and dragons.”, the new dragonlord Sunset proudly announced.

Of course Celestia would never yield and so she charged into an epic battle of historical proportions.

To be continued

Note: Probably won’t be continued, because it’s obvious who’d win.

“I hope Celestia isn’t overestimating herself, because if any dragon would see this… Although now, that I’m back, we wouldn’t have much trouble with them.”

Scenario YG-BW#96:

A unicorn with yellow coat as well as yellow hair with red strands came through the mirror. Attached to her left foreleg was a mechanical, blade-like device with a deck of cards inserted into the middle.

“Princess, I’m going to show you now, what I’ve learned in this other world.” Sunset pulled out a card from the deck, smirked while looking at it and placed it on the device, which started to light up.

“I’m summoning my ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’!”

Before Sunset a huge dragon with a light blue body and blue eyes appeared out of nowhere.

“Attack her directly with your electric breath.”

Energy collected in the dragon’s maw and before Celestia could react, the dragon shot a huge beam at her. As a reflex Celestia shielded her eyes with one hoof and waited for the inevitable attack.

She waited and waited, but nothing happened. The princess slowly opened her eyes. She saw the dragon. She saw its breath. She saw Sunset, who wore a look of clear disappointment.

“It’s just…” –Celestia waved her hoof to try to touch or feel something– “... a hologram?”

“B-But in the anime they always looked so in pain when something hit them. D-Does this mean anime… isn’t real?”

“A-Anime isn’t real?!”

Author's Note:

Hey, only two months. At this pace I'll release five more chapters this year:pinkiehappy:

On a related note: Has this story been featured without me noticing? A few days ago I was browsing through the communtity's "Featured"-bookshelf (the one that says that all featured stories are added there) and found this story in it (as well as the prequel, which I know was). From its position I can guess it was on the day this story was released.
Did I really miss that?:rainbowderp:

Edit: Featured right when I post this chapter. Wow...:derpyderp1: