• Published 1st Sep 2012
  • 37,933 Views, 1,552 Comments

The Three Sisters: Extended Family - Wanderer D



A pony has arrived in Ponyville looking for her 'auntie Purity'.

  • ...
48
 1,552
 37,933

Chapter 11

Acari groaned and slowly opened her eyes, hissing when her head started throbbing painfully.

“Careful, Acari,” Phasmi’s voice came from her right. “I can’t see much, but I think the exoskeleton on your skull is a bit cracked. It’ll take some time to heal fully.”

“W-what happened?” Acari asked, trying to make sense of her surroundings.

“We’ve been captured.”

The statement helped Acari focus. Her eyes widened and she realized that other than her head, she couldn’t move at all. Both her and Phasmi were encased in a hard cocoon up to their necks, and two burly changeling guards stood nearby, watching them warily.

“What is going on here? Tell me why you have trapped us!” She glared at the guards. “As princess of the Hive I demand an answer!”

“Do not worry,” a voice responded.

The two guards saluted as a larger changeling stepped in and glared at the pair of them.

“Captain,” Acari spoke very slowly. “If you let us go now, your punishment will be reduced to that of what befits a simple misunderstanding.” She paused, looking at him in the eye. “It’s your only chance before I have you executed for treason.”

The captain laughed. “It’s funny you would threaten me so, when your family is being judged on that exact charge.”

“Who would accuse us of treason?” Phasmi asked, drawing the captain’s attention. “We haven’t betrayed anyone!”

“Oh,” the captain tilted his head. “Haven’t you?” His eyes narrowed. “Are you sure? Because we are all sure you did. And we have orders to deal with treasonous little princesses.”

“But—”

“Silence! You will all face your fate soon enough!” The captain snarled. With a sharp motion of his head, he indicated to the two guards to follow him, closing the entrance behind them.

“Dammit,” Acari swore. “I couldn’t even find out why they’re doing this.” She cringed when her head started throbbing again.

“Don’t worry,” Phasmi whispered. “We have a chance. The most effective fighter of all of us is still out there… Arachne is still free.”

o.0.o

Arachne struggled in vain against the goo that trapped her against the wall. “Why, you! How could you order us to do quests against each other and know that we were going to have to kill each other while you had kept your sister alive all this time?!” she shouted. “What happened to tradition?!”

Chrysalis shrugged. “Hey, I was pretty sure that Purity was dead.” She elbowed Rarity. “Wasn’t I sure you were dead? I was sure you were dead.”

Rarity rolled her eyes. “Yes, you were sure I was dead.”

Chrysalis smiled triumphantly at Arachne. “See? I was sure she was dead!”

“I get that!” Arachne growled. “So why is she still alive?”

“Secrets of the trade,” Chrysalis said before Rarity could say anything. She glanced at her sister and smiled. “But I’m happy she took my offer to visit to heart! And she brought friends!” She giggled. “Isn’t that awesome?”

“Yes!” Sweetie Belle said, bouncing around both queens. “Family reunion! Yay!”

“Shut up! You’re not related to me!” Arachne spat.

“Hm… that still leaves the nature of your punishment…” Chrysalis mused. “Maybe I can force a transformation with the help of Twili here…”

“Hey! Don’t call me that!” Twilight muttered.

“...and turn you into a fruit bat. I’ll let Sweetie and Purity decide what to do with you then.”

Arachne glanced uncomfortably at Sweetie and Rarity, who had started drooling and had a spaced-out look in their eyes. “Fruuuuit Baaats…” the pair echoed.

“Huh, maybe they are related.” Arachne muttered.

“Or maybe…” Chrysalis leaned in, her voice a whisper. “I will remove your memories… make you believe that you’re a Breezie with a weird accent and a fetish for pollen!”

“Hah! As if you could affect my memories!” Arachne challenged.

“Oh, but I can!” Chrysalis smiled viciously. “You probably don’t remember your older sister… Blowfly.”

Arachne frowned. “I never had an older sister named Blowfly.”

Chrysalis laughed maniacally. “That’s what you think NOW!”

Luna facehoofed. “She can’t be that gullible,” she muttered.

“Oh no!” Arachne gasped.

“You would be surprised,” Sweetie stated, standing next to Luna.

“Oh, yes!” Chrysalis gloated. “She was just like you! Only, rounder. But she challenged me, and as a punishment I erased her memory from all of you!”

The alicorn princess shook her head, glancing at Hidden Tale, who had the grace to look embarrassed.

“But where is she now?!” Arachne asked desperately.

“I turned her into a fruit bat, like I will do to you! And you ate her! Bwahahahaha!”

“How were we ever in danger of a changeling invasion?” Luna muttered, closing her eyes for a moment. “This is… how did they even think they had a chance?”

“That is horrible!” Twilight Sparkle cried, horn igniting with anger and magic. “How could you do that to your own daughter?!”

Luna didn’t even blink. “Aha. And my question is answered.”

Chrysalis glanced at Twilight. “Do not presume to judge me, Sparkly, this is justice! The justice…” She drew a deep breath. “Of the HIVE!”

“Well, that is not justice!” Twilight challenged. “I wil— Rarity! What are you doing?!”

“There, there, Twilight…” Rarity said gently, pushing the mare away. “You’re just embarrassing ponykind. Come this way.”

“But—”

“Anyway,” Chrysalis said after a moment of silence had gone by. “It’s time to find my other daughters so that you all can be punished.”

“About that,” Luna spoke up. “We know what happened to them. Both Acari and Phasmi have been arrested by your guards. For murder.”

Chrysalis frowned. “Murder?”

“That’s what the guards said,” Hidden Tale confirmed.

Chrysalis remained still for a moment. “Oh. And uh, you said that Thysa was in Ponyville?”

Rarity nodded. “Yes, why?”

“Oh… no reason.” Chrysalis grinned.

o.0.o

Fluttershy had excused herself to sleep in Twilight’s extra bed, leaving Spike and Thysa alone in the library save for Owlowiscious, who perched silently on the windowsill.

“Would you like another hot chocolate, Thysa?” Spike asked.

“No, I’m okay, Spikey,” Thysa replied nuzzling the dragon, whose face went through several shades of red in seconds. “I’m just worried about aunty Purity, Sweetie Belle and the others.”

Spike sighed, sitting down next to her. “I know. I’m worried too. I hope Twilight is okay, but I’m sure that if anypony can bring them back it’s got to be Princess Luna and Rarity.”

Thysa smiled. “I’m sure they’re fine. I don’t think my sisters would risk hurting Princess Celestia’s student.”

Spike nodded. “To me Twilight is more than that, though… she’s like a sister.”

Thysa nodded back. “I… understand.” She turned, to look out the window. “For the longest time I didn’t see my sisters as they really were. I always thought they’d be a danger to me but…”

“It’s okay!” Spike blurted out, placing a comforting paw on her shoulder. “I’m sure things will be just fine.”

Thysa grinned. “I know. But it’s all the waiting that gets to me.”

It was then that someone knocked on the door.

Spike frowned. “I wonder who it could be. Maybe it’s Applejack? She was going to come back if she could…”

He marched towards the door when there was a second knock. “I’m coming! I’m coming!” He opened the door, annoyed at whoever it was. “Hey, it’s pretty late an—”

He was immediately dogpiled by three changelings, who were followed by several more.

“Thysa!” Spike roared. “Run!”

“There she is!” One of the guards said, pointing at her. Immediately several stood in front of her.

“Run!” Spike shouted, forcing his head to look in her direction. But what he saw made him stop struggling and gasp.

“All hail the Queen!”

o.0.o

“Chrysi…” Rarity’s tone was slightly threatening. “What are you not telling us?”

“Me? Oh. Nothing. Murder you say? Yes. Well then.” Chrysalis grinned and skipped past the others towards the door. “Maybe we should get going.”

Sweetie shook her head. “Why do I have a bad feeling about this?”

“Who knows?” Arachne asked from the wall. “Maybe it’s gas from all the fruit bats you ate.”

"Eww."

Author's Note:

I couldn't sleep. Also, usual non-edited first draft thingy.