• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 2,900 Views, 43 Comments

The Siren's Keeper - Gamer Script



We all know about the sirens and the trouble the caused for the human world but where'd they go after their defeat?

  • ...
7
 43
 2,900

A Place to Stay

"I'm just saying that if we'd taken that really sparkly guy's offer--"

"Shut up, Sonata!" Aria shouted in agitation at her sister, crossing her arms in irritation, her clothes nowhere near as bright and flashy as they once were. Actually, they seemed quite dirty and dulled in comparison to their former glory.

"Would the both of you be quiet? I'm trying to think here!" Adagio growled at them with a mighty rage and irritation as she ceased her pacing to face the two former sirens. She was no better off than the other two who were covered in dirt and grime.

"Think about what? Where we're gonna huddle up tonight? Or maybe what shady weirdo we should let Sonata almost follow into his car with promises of cash?" Aria retorted with venom in her every word.

"He said he had money! Isn't that what you said we need Adagio?" Sonata asked with a pained look from Aria's angered words, her words hitting harder than they usually would considering how much the two would usually be at each others throats most of the time. It was obvious by the sound of her voice that she genuinely had no idea what she'd done to cause her sister such rage.

"Oh my-- Would you two just shut up!? It's hard enough not having a place to go anymore because of those damned Rainbooms, but now I have to put up with you two and your endless bickering twice as much and without food or even a decent shower, it's ten times more annoying!" Adagio exploded in anger at the two.

"Well if we'd just gone with my idea and just killed them, we wouldn't be in this mess!" Aria growled out through gritted teeth.

"You're right, we'd be in jail. Is that any better than where we are now you brat?" Adagio said through clenched teeth.

"Duh, cause then we could just sing our way out of it! We get the magic we want, they'd be dead, and we wouldn't be scrounging around for food and searching for a place to stay every night! Not to mention Sonata wouldn't be almost selling her body for money on accident!"

"I wasn't selling my body! The guy just said that he'd help us out if I showed him my... Oh..." she said as she slowly began realizing what she'd almost done, "Oooooh...." she said as a light blush grew upon her bright blue face.

"Dammit Sonata if you were any dumber we'd be better off carrying around a rock than keeping you around with us!" Aria shouted angrily making Sonata kneel down holding her ears shut with tears pricking her eyes.

"Sh-Shut up! I'm not dumb! You're dumb!" Sonata cried curling up into a ball shouting at Aria.

"I'm not the brain-dead ditz that almost whored herself out cause some random guy in a car said he could help! Dammit, I wish instead of losing our powers we could've just fucking lost YOU!!!" she shouted back in a rage before being turned around and backhanded by none other than Adagio with a clenched toothed scowl on her face, her eyes full of anger and annoyance, but also brimming with tears.

"Would you shut the fuck up, Aria?! Yes, Sonata messed up, that doesn't give you any reason to shout at her like that! She was trying to help, which is more than I can fucking say for you! So why don't you just shut your goddamn mouth for one fucking minute so I can fucking THINK!!!" Adagio finally exploded, fully losing her temper, her voice cracking in pain from their predicament. Turning away she finally had the thinking time she needed. Aria was silent leaning against a wall, the only other sounds being the autumn breeze through her hair and the sounds of Sonata's soft weeping.

'Dammit... This is just getting worse. Without our powers I've got nothing... I've got no ideas... What can I...' she thought as she bit her lip, a tear trailing down from her dimmed magenta eyes before the sound of a car horn by their side alerted them, Adagio quickly turning as Aria grabbed a switchblade she'd picked off a guy that got a bit too handsy.

"Hey, you girls doing okay?" a grey skinned male said leaning out the window of a black truck. His hair was black with a dyed aquamarine streak down his bangs, a pair of cross earrings hanging from his lobes and a snakebite piercing on his bottom lip.

"We..." Adagio began as she looked down, Aria and Sonata looking at her as if bewildered by her silence.

"C'mon Adagio, tell this guy to piss off!" Aria whisper shouted to her as she soon noticed Adagio shaking as she fell to her knees, shocking Aria, Sonata and the guy alike as he got out of the car and rushed over.

"Whoa, hey! Are yo--" He stopped as Aria pointed the knife at his throat.

"Back off, creep! We don't need your--"

"Help..." Adagio whispered light as a mouse, her soft plea almost unheard by the man as Aria's eyes went wide having heard her loud and clear.

He pushed past Aria and knelt down to Adagio, leaning in to hear her better, "What'd you say? Are you alri--"

"Please help... I... We have nowhere to go... We have nothing..." She pleaded louder, making Aria and Sonata both cringe seeing their older sister finally snap as she looked up at the stranger with tears falling down her face with no real sign of stopping as she spoke again, "Please help us!" she cried out as she hugged herself and began weeping.

"Adagio...?" Aria said with shock in her voice as she let her blade-holding hand fall to her side.

"Dagi...?" Sonata said softly with a similar shock to her voice.

The stranger nodded and helped her up, "Can you walk?" He said before she slumped over a bit more, falling into him as he caught her. With a sigh he picked her up bridal style and looked over at the other two, "Can you two walk?" He asked as Aria clenched her fists but begrudgingly nodded, Sonata standing and doing the same, "Good. C'mon, get in the back." he said as he leaned Adagio against his chest and opened the door for them and then on the passenger's side, sitting Adagio down in the car and buckling her in before shutting it and returning to his side of the car, getting in and driving off.