• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 880 Views, 2 Comments

Derpy's Beautiful Love - EverlyTheBlackRabbit



Derpy has an undying love for Time Turner but doesn't have the guts to tell him how she feels. Almost having her heart broken, she is saved by a mysterious girl who may be the key to help Derpy win Time Turner's heart.

  • ...
 2
 880

1.Phenomenon

Morning in Canterlot High School. Derpy held her books in her arms as she walked down the hallway passing by her fellow classmates. She stopped in front of a brown door that lead into the abandoned science room. She peeked through the rectangle vertical window. She smiled while her cheeks blushed seeing he was inside.

In the room was a young male student with long messy spiked up brown color hair. His skin color is very light brown while his eyes were light cobalt blue behind glasses. He wore a brown coat over his white long sleeve collar shirt with green tie. His pants were dark blue dress pants held up by a black belt while his shoes were brown boots. This fellow is named Time Turner. Time Turner was leaned over the desk with his left arm bent supporting his head while looking down at the book he was reading.

Derpy knocked on the door catching Time Turner's attention. Time Turner glanced up at the door. "Derpy!", he smiled.
Derpy took this as her cue to go in, "Good Morning, Doc. I hope I'm not bothering you."

"Not at all. Actually, I'm excited to share you what I found the other day! A whole book all about my favorite inventor in history! Tick Tock! I have finally found my very own copy!" He said excitedly.

"Amazing! Especially since you said books about him were discontinued a long time ago," she says.

"I know and this isn't even the biography!" He holds up the book facing it to Derpy, "This is the autobiography! He literally wrote and added every bit of himself in this book! There's even sketches of all the inventions he made in his own spare time!"

Derpy smiled. She loves it when her dear friend is enthusiastic. He gets that shine in his eyes while his voice gets high and excited. Time Turner cleared his throat and blushed a bit realizing he's been doing all the talking.

"Oh! You're not sick are you?!" asked Derpy alarmed.
"Oh no! Sorry! I was just clearing my throat," Time Turner said feeling more embarrassed.
"Sorry, I thought you were getting sick. It seems for the last couple of weeks many of the kids in school have been acting strange lately one after another but it seems they get better fast because the next day they're back to their regular selves," Derpy explained..
"I see. That's some strange sickness going on."
"It is! Last week when Octavia Melody was sick she made demands on the music program to only play classical music for the Autumn festival and canceled any other music including DJ Pon3's opening act! The day after that Octavia said that she couldn't remember ever canceling anything. Same thing happened to Scootaloo, Pinkie Pie and Flash Sentry. "

"What did they do?!"
"Scootaloo became really competitive at the skate fair last week, Pinkie Pie became really bossy preparing the bake sale three days ago and Flash Sentry boasted on about his band and played out loud afterschool the other day."
"So that explains who was making such a ruckus."

Derpy nodded her head, "And they each forgot what they did the day after."

"How strange. Most people would stay home after they are sick. This is some peculiar and a bit interesting type of sickness. Act out of ordinary one day and the next you don't remember at all. I'm a bit interested in this. I'd like to investigate this! Know anyone who is acting out of ordinary today, Derpy?"
"No. Not that I know of."
"Well it's still morning. We should meet afterschool and discuss any strange happenings if any of us happen to notice something out of the ordinary."
"Sure, Doc! But don't you think we should investigate now? You know just in case?" Derpy suggested trying to get more quality time with with her dear friend.
"Sorry. Can't. I haven't told Tick Tock about this book after finding it. Sure enough he'd be excited I found his great grandfather's book!"
"But doesn't his family already own all of Tick Tock's stuff as family heirlooms?"
"Well yeah but I think he'd still be happy to see a copy of his great grandfather's book!"
"What ever makes you happy, Doc!"

Other than being a huge fan of a great inventor, Time Turner also happened to be friends with the descendant of Tick Tock. They talked mostly through webcam and rarely met in person. What surprised Time Turner the most when the two first met was that he had the same name as his great grandfather plus a small resemblance to him

After the bell had rung, the two friends said their farewells in the hallway before leaving the opposite direction. When Derpy looked to see that Time Turner was out of sight, she dashed up the stairs. Her first class was up in the third floor at the end of the hallway. It took time to get there especially since the place Time Turner is always hanging out was on the first floor. Derpy knew she could save time from running to class if she went there first when arriving to school but she couldn't help herself. The very first person she wanted to see was him.
The bell rang for class to start the second after Derpy sat in her seat.

"Another close one, Derpy!" said Derpy's math teacher, Bluebell. Derpy managed to smile as she tried catching her breath. Bluebell went ahead to start the lesson.

For the rest of the day, Derpy did her best to see if anyone was behaving strangely or something out of the ordinary was happening. During her investigation she found nothing instead she got was scolding from several of her teachers for disrupting the class. The last class ended. Derpy found nothing to discuss with Time Turner. She walked feeling disappointed making her way to the room she was going to meet her friend.

"Derpy!"

Derpy turned around to see who called her. It was Flash Sentry. "I'm glad you hadn't left yet!" says Flash, "You forgot your history book in class. We need it for tonight's homework, remember?"
"Oh right! Thanks!" says Derpy. Right then she remembers that Flash was one of the few who got sick. If she can get some information from him then she would have something to share to Time Turner. "Before you go. Can I ask you a couple of questions?" The two talked not realizing something was going on in the abandoned science lab.

Time Turner was kneeled on the floor struggling to get a control of himself. There was something inside him he could feel that was grabbing on to him. He was grabbing hold of the front of his shirt as he could feel whatever it was in his chest. He broked into a cold sweat.

Back outside of the room.
"Sorry, Derpy, I really don't know what could've happen to me to get me sick like that," Flash said to Derpy.
"It's okay. Thanks anyway," says Derpy.
He places his hand on her shoulder, "Don't let it worry you too much. If you do then make sure to talk to the nurse. Maybe she can help."
"Will do. Thanks!" says Derpy.
"I'll see you tomorrow!" says Flash as he leaves.
"Bye," Derpy says back. She sighs turning back to the direction to the abandoned science lab. She looks inside noticing him not around but the lights were on and his laptop and backpack were on the table.
She went inside. "Doc, you here?"
A ringing sound was heard from the laptop. Derpy shrieked at it in surprise. She looked at the screen of the laptop. It was an incoming video call coming from Tick Tock.
She moved the mouse clicking on the green circle labled answer.
A video screen appeared of Tick Tock. "Ditzy? Where's Time Turner?"
"I don't know. His stuff is here but he's not."
"But I am here!" said Time Turner. He stood up from the back of the room placing his glasses back on while using one hand to comb his hair back.

"Doc? What were you doing this whole time?" Derpy asked.
"I lost my glasses so I was looking for them," he says walking towards her way. "By the way, Derpy, outside I heard you talking to someone."
"I was talking to Flash. I was asking him about how he got sick the other day."

Time Turner stood in front her looking down at her as he was taller than the two.

"Doc, is everything alright?" she asked. He wasn't smiling. Just looking at her with a straight face. Almost glaring.
"I wonder. How is it someone like you could have so many friends?" asked Time Turner.
"What?! What do you mean?!" Derpy was shocked at his sudden question especially of the way he said it.
"Well you have me and yet you have others out there who like being around you."
"Yeah?"
"Isn't that unfair? For you to have more friends than me?"
"But I'm not you're only friend. You have Tick Tock! He's your friend too!" Derpy moved the laptop facing it to Time Turner. Tick Tock was still online watching and overhearing what was being said.
"Time Turner, you're acting unusual even for you!" says Tick Tock through the screen. "You don't usually say such things."
"No one was even talking to you!" says Time Turner annoyed. He slam closes the laptop.
"Doc!?" Derpy was alarmed of her friend's action. "You just hanged up on Tick Tock!"
"He was getting on my nerves!"
"What's with you?!" Derpy cried. She was getting worried.

"Me?! What's with you!?" he said angrily. "Always coming over like I need you! Coming here and feeling sorry for me!"
"But that's not true! That's not why I come here!" she exclaimed.
"No? Then what is it?! You couldn't possibly have any other reason why you'd be around me!"
She frowned. "Because I like being around you! You're my friend and always been my friend since we were kids!"
"Kids, huh? That's a long time. Don't you think?" he questioned. "Maybe we should end this friendship and become less than that! Or better yet. Nothing!"

Derpy shook her head in disbelief and looked down. Her eyes began to well up with tears. 'No way!' She thought. This can't be true. He can't really mean this! He just can't!' She couldn't think of what to say to him. What could she say when what he said really hurt her. Slowly breaking her heart at the idea of just becoming nothing between him and her.

Inside of Time Turner, that was holding his heart, was now beginning to grow. Growing from the feeling of Derpy's heart beginning to break.

"Am I interrupting anything?"

Derpy and Time Turner glanced over at the door.

There standing at the doorway was a girl smiling at the two.