• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 1,383 Views, 12 Comments

DiamondBloom's Hangout Time - Cadiefly



Every day is a bright new day for the Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom couple, and with it comes a completely new experience.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,383

The Best Story Ever

'All of the best stories begin with an epic backstory. Apple Bloom had been a stowaway on the Rich family's caravan bound for Canterlot, where all of the richest ponies of Equestria gathered to partake in fine wine and discuss about the finer things in life. Tired of the poor life of an unsophisticated street rat, this was the one chance for Apple Bloom make something of her life. Unbeknownst to the Rich family, she traveled together with them all over Equestria from the confines of one of their cargo crates.'

Diamond Tiara was suddenly interrupted by the sound of her door barging open. At its entrance was Apple Bloom, who began trotting over to her. "What are ya doin'? We're gonna be late for the play." She looked down at the parchment on the desk in front of Diamond, and beamed. "Is that a story you're writin'? What is it about?" Peering her head over the other filly's shoulder, she tried to sneak a peek at the words written on the page, which was promptly obscured by Diamond's protective hooves. "Means that much to ya, huh? It ain't that bad, right?"

"It's not finished yet!" A hiss emitted from Diamond Tiara as she pushed the page farther away from Apple Bloom. In the process, she nearly crumpled the page into a ball. As long as she kept it away from her fillyfriend's hooves, she didn't mind her story being torn a little. The whole piece had been for her own enjoyment, after all. A fantasy for her to dream herself away onto a whimsical adventure leading to nowhere and everywhere. On the off chance that she did release it to the general public of Ponyville, however, then she had no doubt that it would be critically acclaimed by the masses. She was a natural at everything; there was no way it would be bad.

"Gee, sorry." Apple Bloom then mumbled quietly to herself, "I was just curious." On her way back over to the door, Apple Bloom said, "Are we gonna go to the play now, or am I gonna have ta go by myself on Hearts and Hooves day?"

Having second thoughts on her decision to withhold the story from the farm pony, she turned and reached out to stop her in her tracks. "Wait! Don't leave. I'll let you help me make it. It's about ... It's about us."

Her eyes lighting up with joy, Apple Bloom returned to Diamond's side and said, "Do ya mean it? But I don't rightly know where ta begin. I never wrote a story before, unless ya count the gabby gums incident. And I ain't ever doin' that again. What are we gonna call it?"

"Oh, I've already got a name for it," the pink filly said. With her love by her side, she knew they would create a master piece that would last throughout the ages. Her very being was brimming with determination. Whilst holding the quill, she slapped her hoof on the table and continued, "I'll call it 'The Best Story Ever'."

Upon hearing the title of the work, Apple Bloom looked at her questioningly. "Are ya sure that's a good idea? I reckon the townsfolk would say otherwise."

Shaking her head in disagreement, she just went back into her working on the literature. She couldn't help but think of how appropriate the title was. She hadn't a clue how else to convey to everypony that it was the epitome of excellence. After this was finished, everypony would want to try to get famous by mimicking her work.

'One night, the Rich family was attacked by a group of militarized bandits. In their possessions were pikes, knives, and even these Bazooka things that went boom when fired. With their weapons pointed at the family, they threatened them into handing over their valuable cargo of merchandise. With that in hoof, the bandits would become notoriously powerful and rich beyond their wildest dreams. Little did they know, however, that stowed away among the merchandise was Apple Bloom, who would put a stop to their plans.'

"Hold on now. Mila-what now? And what in tarnation is a bay...zoka?" Apple Bloom scratched her head as her eyes scanned over the text. By the way her brows furled, Diamond could see the confusion present in her face.

Annoyed at having to explain every little detail to her partner, she said, "It's called being creative, and I made the word up. I imagine a Bazooka shoots fireworks or something. Like, it's more deadly though." She then gripped her quill tighter and scribbled away on her scroll, trying to put the distraction out of her head and return to her work.

"Uh-huh. Whatever ya say." Attempting to decipher what was going through her fillyfriend's mind, a bemused Apple Bloom sat down and rested her now aching head on the table. Shifting her head so that she could watch the quill dart across the paper, she said, "I just don't get why bandits gotta be in this story. Ain't it about us?"

"It is. If you'd just let me get to it, you'll see."

'Popping out of one of the containers, Apple Bloom landed between the Rich family and the evildoers. She wore a black garb and an accompanying tabi on her hooves. With a sword in mouth, she was ready to face the bandits head on. She said to them, "I will not abide by your evil schemes. Put down your weapons, or in the name of honor I shall cut you down where you stand."

The sudden slamming of Apple Bloom's hooves upon her desk caused Diamond Tiara to pull away and glance in her direction. The filly was fuming, glaring back down at the paper. "What the hay am I wearin'? And that ain't how I sound at all!"

Pursing her lips, she placed the quill down with a shaking hand and replied, "Like, it doesn't have to be realistic. That would be boring, and it's my fantasy, so I'm getting rid of your hick accent. I didn't like it anyways. Besides, I'm making you cooler, aren't I?"

With tears in her eyes and quivering lips, Apple Bloom said, "But I thought ya liked my accent."

Groaning at her fillyfriend's pleas, she reluctantly relented. "Fine! You can have your accent back."

'Leaping from the depths of one of the containers to rescue the Rich family, Apple Bloom placed herself in front of the evildoers. Though she was crippled from her extremely hard life as a homeless foal, having two wheels on either side of her rear hooves for support and one blinded eye, she was willing to sacrifice her pitiful life if it meant saving her beloved Princess Diamond Tiara, who was totally worth dying for because she was obviously the best filly in the world. "Dagnabbit, Ah ain't gonna let ya lay one hoof on mah Diamond Tiara!"'

Handing over the story over to the farm pony, she said confidently, "There, it's better now."

After inspecting the parchment, Apple Bloom's deadpanned eyes gazed at Diamond Tiara. "You make me sound like I'm about ta die or somethin'. And I don't rightly know why you made me sound like that. My accent ain't that bad, is it?"

Diamond Tiara began grinding her teeth. The quill snapped in half under her grip. Taking the broken instrument, she scratched out the entire paragraph and wrote below it her final rendition of the scene. No matter what Apple Bloom said at this point, she wouldn't change it back.

'Out of the containers came not Apple Bloom but Prince Blueblood, who gallantly came to the rescue of the Rich family. As it turned out, Apple Bloom had stowed away on the wrong caravan bound for Prance, where she would later be mauled and left to die by the hoof of a thug whose existence only spanned the mere seconds it took for him to carry out his nefarious deed. Prince Blueblood defeated the bandits. Naturally he and Diamond Tiara were betrothed and married months later. The end.'

Rolling her eyes, Apple Bloom tugged on Diamond Tiara and pulled her away from 'The Best Story Ever'. "Let's just go. I reckon we're missin' the play, and on our anniversary of all days. Why were you even writin' that in the first place?"

Diamond Tiara chuckled nervously and tried to appear apologetic as she said, "I wanted to give you something special for Hearts and Hooves day. I guess I got a little carried away. I'm sorry."

Shooting her a smile, Apple Bloom replied, "You don't have ta give me nothin'. Just us bein' together is enough for me." Hoof in hoof, the couple strode out of the room and towards the play. The story, in a crumpled mess on the floor, had promptly been forgotten about. At the end of parchment, however, was one last paragraph that had been written out in advance.

'All of the best love stories have a cool ending. They don't just end with 'The End'. They end with the protagonist getting their love interest. Okay, maybe not always, but at least they knew the time they spent together was precious. Happy Hearts and Hooves day, Apple Bloom.'