• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 1,374 Views, 12 Comments

DiamondBloom's Hangout Time - Cadiefly



Every day is a bright new day for the Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom couple, and with it comes a completely new experience.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,374

The Queen

For the umpteenth time that hour, Apple Bloom was catering Diamond Tiara to her every whim. This might have been abnormal for your everyday ponies, but this was already second-nature to the duo. For one to always be subservient to the other. For one of them was a queen and the other just a handmaiden, always there at the queen's beck and call.

Diamond Tiara might have been a bit young to be the queen, but then again she was a self-proclaimed queen of the parking lot outside a quaint little shop in Ponyville, so no one even knew the difference.

Her domain was a little small at the moment, but there was no doubt in her mind that she would one day rise to Greatness second to none. Even princess Celestia would have to bow to her because even if she was a ruler, she was still just a princess. Diamond Tiara cackled at the thought of ruling over princess Celestia.

"What the hay are you laughin' 'bout?" Apple Bloom asked as she continued brushing Diamond Tiara's extravagant mane. She had a look of disbelief on her face. With a sigh, she continued brushing the mane.

With every passing minute, the whole event was becoming more and more profound. Diamond Tiara had called her out to play with her this morning, asking her to come out her to this parking lot amidst carriages and other non-motorized-vehicles. When she got there, Diamond Tiara had already set up what Apple Bloom could only surmise as a play fort.

The interior had a mini throne set, fully equipped with a carpet leading up to a fancy-looking chair. To the side of the chair was a primping station. They were currently situated at the station.

"Oh, nothing much. Just how I will one day rule all of Equestria! You're lucky to be serving under the most beautiful and amazing queen that's ever existed."

Apple Bloom bit her tongue as she resisted the urge to guffaw at the notion. Diamond Tiara was in complete denial. She had only gone along with this so far because the other filly seemed to want to spend quality time with her. Her crush on the pink pony was no secret. Despite her crush being no secret, Diamond Tiara didn't seem to mind even if she didn't visibly return those affections. It was almost as if she expected the farm filly to feel this way.

Continuing with her train of thought, Diamond Tiara said, "What am I saying? Of course you'd flock to serving me. You couldn't not bask yourself in my greatness. And you can even get your cutie mark in being my handmaiden. Although, what would that even look like?"

Apple Bloom's amusement quickly shifted to annoyance. Really, a cutie mark in being a servant? More over, having a picture of Diamond Tiara's face on her flank practically screamed ownership. There was no way she was going permit herself being less than an equal to Diamond Tiara.

Calm Down, her mind told her. They were just playing, so where was the harm in having a little fun?

"Oh who cares. Anything's better than having a blank flank, am I right blank flank?" Diamond said as she admired herself in the mirror.

That comment struck a nerve. Apple Bloom threw the brush down onto the gravel parking lot. " 'At's it. Ah'm done." She turned and began to stomp off.

Jumping up from her seated position, Diamond Tiara held out a hoof towards the retreating pony and cried out. "Wait...Bloomy! Don't go!"

Apple Bloom's heart skipped a beat as she overheard the affectionate nick name her friend gave her. She stopped in her trek feeling a wonderful feeling come along. That filly knew just what to say to get her to stay. Curses.

Still, she had to try to resist. Fighting the growing smile on her face, she turned to face her. "Why shouldn't Ah go?"

"Why?" Diamond reiterated Apple Bloom's question. She waltzed over to her and placed a hoof around her shoulder. "We're a duo. That's why!"

With her other fore hoof, she pointed in front of her and waved it across the sky. "Together we are DiamondBloom. Where would I be without my Bloom? Where would you be without your Diamond?"

Immediately, Apple Bloom was beet red. "Aw, shucks Di. Ya really think so?"

"I know so." she replied with a smile on her face. "Besides, without your blank flank around, I don't stand out nearly as much."

With an exasperated groan, Apple Bloom flung up her hooves and trotted away.

"What's eating her?" she asked to no one in particular. She then gave a shrug and walked back over to her play set.

In the time that she had been gone, a colt had approached it and was inspecting. He had a look of anger on his face as he was looking for the set's owner. His eyes then fell onto her and he cried out. "Is this yours?!"

"Peasant! Step away from my kingdom! For I am its queen!" she cried out.

"Kingdom? Queen? This is my parking lot you rascal. Get your toys off my property!" He shouted back to her.

When Diamond Tiara refused his order, he kicked the toys in her general direction. This elicited a gasp from her, and she retorted, "We'll see about that!"


The next day Diamond Tiara returned to the parking lot and confronted the owner. In her hooves she held a deed to the parking lot and a large sum of money. She handed the owner both and said, "I will buy this land."

The colt just stared at the money for a moment. He wanted to tell her off, but it was a pretty hefty amount and he really wasn't using this parking lot for very much anyways. "Eh, whatever." He took the bits and signed the deed over to Diamond Tiara.

"Pleasure doing business with you. Now, get out of my kingdom!" she yelled at the colt.

As he walked away, the colt muttered, "What a weirdo. I think she's got a loose screw or something..."

When he disappeared around the corner, she began cackling maniacally. "Equestria will be mine! All mine!" When her laughter died down, she stared around the empty parking lot for a moment. It was so quiet that one could hear crickets chirping in the background. "I'm bored." She said, and then walked off.

Author's Note:

I learned a little bit about hyphens before this chapter.... and now I'm probably overusing them. :rainbowlaugh:

Let me know if I am. :twilightblush:

"Together we are DiamondBloom...

Also, I think I broke the fourth wall a bit with this statement.