• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 1,383 Views, 12 Comments

DiamondBloom's Hangout Time - Cadiefly



Every day is a bright new day for the Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom couple, and with it comes a completely new experience.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,383

A New Pet

"Daddy, I want a pet." Diamond begged as Filthy Rich walked into his manor that evening. She gave him the cutest sad face she could pull off.

Filthy gave her a suspicious look; was she even ready to take care of a pet? "Princess, are you sure you want a pet? They're a lot of responsibility; an animal can't take care of itself like we ponies can."

"Pleeease!" Diamond Tiara cried as she got down on her hindquarters and shook her fore-hooves together frantically. "I must have a pet! All of the other kids at school have one. Apple Bloom has her pet dog Winona, Sweetie Belle has her pet cat Opalescence, and Silver Spoon has her pet parrot, Iago!"

She neglected to tell her father all of those pets were actually their family members' pets and not theirs, but she didn't let the details bog her reasoning down. She just couldn't stand not having a pet any longer, not after she saw her best friend, Silver Spoon, with her parrot. Oddly enough she was holding a serpent staff at the time and proclaiming that she was roleplaying as 'Jafar', whoever that was, but Diamond Tiara had no idea what she was talking about.

He ran his hoof across his chin for a bit longer. "I don't know..."

Scared that she wouldn't have her way, she began to wail as she cried, "If I don't get a pet, I'll be the laughing stock at school. It'd be the worst! Possible! Thing!"

Filthy grunted. He hated when his daughter always got her way. He supposed this was his fault for always acquiescing to her demands, but it was hard to say no to his little princess. Besides, he thought, it's already too late. She's already doomed to grow up spoiled. As long as she doesn't enslave somepony, I guess it's fine.

With the fleeting thought, he handed her a big bag of bits and said, "Fine...just don't bring back anything dangerous. I don't want to see my princess hurt. And make sure to feed it, bathe it, and give it lots of love."

"Will do, daddy!" Diamond Tiara beamed. 'Score!' She thought as she mentally pictured herself punching the air with her hooves. she took the bits appreciatively and then gave him a hug and said, "You're the best."

The next day, she was over at Fluttershy's cottage, pouring through her wide selection of animals. "That one's too big...Too small...Too fat...Too slow...Too fast." There seemed to be no end of complaints on Diamond Tiara's part. It wasn't her fault that none of the pets were too her liking.

"Hmm...Do you have anything that has yellow fur?" Diamond Tiara asked Fluttershy, who looked a bit confused.

She looked down at the ground for a moment before saying, "Perhaps you would like this yellow striped bat?"

Diamond Tiara reeled away from its horrid stench. Sticking out her tongue, she cried, "That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. There's no way I'd want that!"

Moments later, as she was continuing to pour over the selection and beginning to think that today was all for naught, she saw somepony running up to the cottage. It was Apple Bloom running some errands for her older sister.

"Howdy, Fluttershy. Applejack's got the apple truffles ya ordered. Straight out of the oven." Apple Bloom smiled up to Fluttershy as she handed over the truffles.

A dastardly grin settled on Diamond Tiara's face. 'This was exactly what I was looking for!' she thought as she stared at Apple Bloom. She trotted up to Fluttershy and handed her bits over to the shy mare. "She's perfect. I'll take her."

Apple Bloom turned to Diamond Tiara and responded, "Huh?" Suddenly she was picked up, which must have been a hard feat for the pink filly to accomplish considering they were the same size. She groaned as she attempted to carry Apple Bloom off.

"What the hay?" Apple Bloom asked as she stared down at the rich pony.

"Thank you for your services, Miss Flutteryshy. I shall take really good care of her." Diamond said before parting ways, still straining under the pressure.

"What's goin' on? Why are you carrying me?" Apple Bloom asked. She was becoming more annoyed by the second. Finally, she shouted, "Put me down."

"Never!" Diamond Tiara cackled in maniacal laughter. "I've been needing a new pet, and you're the perfect filly for the job."

Apple Bloom stared down at Diamond Tiara and gulped. This wasn't happening, right? This was just a dream. It had to be.

Diamond Tiara pulled her down and wrapped her hooves around her tightly. "Shh. Everything will be alright, Pumpkin. I'll be sure to feed you, and water you, and clothe you, and give you lots of love. We're going to have lots of fun together." She broke out into another fit of laughter as she took her new pet home.