• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,948 Views, 27 Comments

(Bitter)sweet Release - Master Lyra



Discord, being the lonely soul he is in his stone prison, is "released" from his prison for a game.

  • ...
9
 27
 1,948

The Fun... Begins.


Princess Celestia smiles. She smiles about her long, happy life, about the sunshiny day, about her ever happy sister. What isn’t there to smile about? Her country is happy and thriving, and there is hardly any criminal activity or poverty.

But she smiles the most about what she is going to do in a couple minutes.

She walks up to her pantry, and pops popcorn. She loves the buttery taste of the popped kernels. The wait for the snack is well worth it, as the experience she was about to have needed such a treat for a special occasion like this.

If only I could get Luna to watch, she thinks, putting her popcorn in a large bowl. This game would be so much sweeter…
But I shall enjoy it nonetheless.


Discord Q. Draconequus.

A being of pure chaos and disharmony. An ancient enemy of Equestria. He alone brought the world to its knees using his powerful magic and sneaky trickery. Discord is his name, and evil is his game, as he has shown this time and time again. Such a threating foe, able to take out the Royal Sisters, and the Elements of Harmony while being lax all the while. One can only wonder what a being such as he thinks while in his stone prison…

Dat plot.

That’s the 2352nd red one.

I’m bored.

If I ever get out, I’m getting a smoothie.

Celestia is going to pay for this.

Ugh.

2353rd.

I wonder if I can start counting the blue ones…?

First.

Second.

Suddenly, Discord feels a tap on his stone body, causing him to strain his limited vision in that direction. He sees his sworn enemy, Celestia, standing there with a smirk on her face and popcorn in her magical grasp.

Hello good friend!

Oh, so now I suppose you’re going to torment my thoughts as well?

Don’t be so negative Discord! Oh, I’ve forgotten how grim you could be…

Ha ha ha. Go ahead and laugh at me Celestia. I’m going to escape soon enough.

Well, if you’re planning to leave us so soon, why don’t you participate in a… game?

… I’m listening.

If you can escape from my maze, then I will let you go from your stone prison and let chaos rein.

What are the rules of this… game?

Well, you won’t have your magic of course. It’ll be a maze of memory, wits, and problem solving skills.

… I’ll do it. When do we start?

Mmm… now.

Wha-?

Suddenly, Discord feels an awful, disorienting, and otherwise nauseating fall into his own subconscious. He lands with a thud on a grassy field, but the air around him is completely black.

“Celestia! You said I was going to be released…”

“NOT NECESSARILY. I SAID WE WERE GOING TO PLAY A GAME. AND WE CAN’T HAVE YOU OUTSIDE, NOW CAN WE?”

Discord grumbles as he tries to see something, anything though the blackness. He fails, though, and sits with a huff.

“DISCORD, PLEASE. YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SO… HUFFY. I’M GETTING THE MAZE READY, SO HOLD YOUR HORSES.”

Without warning, Discord finds himself in a large hedge maze. Hedges upon hedges appear in front of him, but he is trapped in a small square of them. He smirks as he tries his magic, but finds he can neither cast any nor fly. Discord curses under his breath.

“ARE YOU READY DISCORD?”

“Sure, I guess.”

“ARE YOU SUUUUURE?”

“Pretty sure…”

“I CAN’T HEAR YOUUUU~!”

“CELESTIA JUST START THE GAME!”

“NOW MY FEELINGS ARE HURT DISCORD. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SHOUT AT ME?”

“Because I’m angry you WON’T JUST START THE GAME!”

“DISCORD… I THINK THE GAME CAN WAIT. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR ANGER PROBLEMS.”

A replica of Celestia, holding a clipboard and wearing glasses appears right in front of Discord, pointing to a therapist’s couch right behind him.

“CELESTIA START THE GAME FOR PETE’S SAKE!”

“IF YOU SAY SO…”

The Celestia disappears, and one of the hedges blocking Discord’s way is lowered to the ground, opening a linear path.

This is going to be too easy.


Celestia grins as she sees Discord walk down the straightforward path in her mind's eye. She takes a mouthful of popcorn and chews on it, showing her pleasure. She knows Discord has no idea what he’s getting into. The grin becomes bigger, so big it forces her eyes to squint a little and rolls of skin to scrunch up at her neck. Actually, it looks more like fat6u5t[8ioj54iojt5ij5[ioj[iojt[.liyrmjtyv pristine padding that only a being such as myself Celestia could have.


Discord nonchalantly walks down the path, turning at corners and running up hills that for some reason he didn’t notice before.
Then he faces the first fork in the road. There is one path that goes right, and one path that goes left.
"Hmm... which one should I go through...?"
>Left Fork
>Right Fork