• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 2,285 Views, 76 Comments

Ark Survival Evolved. - Phantom Writer



Applejack awakens on a strange island full of strange creatures. Her goal is try to survive with a new friend.

  • ...
5
 76
 2,285

Chapter 7. War

Chapter 7.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew walked slowly towards the wagon as he saw his sisters loading the wagon up with some supplies and he notices a few of Kate’s guys near her “Alright you two, I want you to keep an eye on the east border and I’ll be back before you know it.”

“Kate, I need your help with this!” Rachel said trying to move some stuff from one wagon to the other.

He watched as Kate walked over to Rachel and helped her.

“Surprised you two aren’t fighting.” He said walking up to them “Where’s Applejack and Amber?”

“Amber left about an hour ago, she said she’s gonna head back to Avalon, she said she would meet us there.” Kate said “As for Applejack, she’s talking with someone at the docks.”

Matthew looked inside the wagon and raised an eyebrow “What’s with the rope bag?”

“Oh that’s your bed you're gonna lay on, Applejack said it will keep you from bouncing around.” Rachel said.

“Just remove it, I’ll be fine.” Matthew said walking up to the wagon “I can handle the bouncy ride.”

“You are so stubborn!” Rachel said “He gets that from you Kate!”

Matthew looked at Rachel with a glare“Listen, only reason I’m being stubborn is because I’m not gonna let whoever tried to kill me see they have weaken me.” He said looking at her “I won’t show this world I’m weak.”

Rachel stood there looking at him “Rachel makes a point, you are being too stubborn about this, you're not weak but your not strong enough to face this war alone.”

He felt Kate’s hand on his shoulder “Rest and we will take care of you.”

Matthew sighed, he knew his sisters were right “Alright.”

After the wagon was loaded, Applejack returned with a bag “Ah’m ready ta go.” Applejack said getting into the wagon.

“What’s in the bag?” Matthew asked.

“It’s from a pony named Blaze at the docks, Ah ran into him while working on the wagon.” Applejack said “It’s some herbs from the sea.”

“If everyone is ready, we can get going!” Kate said sitting at the front of the wagon.

Matthew got into his seat as they started their journey back to Avalon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heat, that’s all the woman felt as she slowly sat up. She looked around the room and saw she was inside a tent, next to her was a small table with some water. She took a sip as she got to her feet and made her way out of the tent. The sun blinded her for a moment as she saw herself what looked like a campsite in the middle of the desert. She notices dragons flying around the camp and people walking around.

“I see you are finally up, I hope you are feeling alright.” A woman said walking up to her.

“I-I’m fine, where am I?” She asked.

“You are right now at the tibes check point.” The woman said.

“How did I get here?” She asked trying to ignore the heat.

“We found you out in the dunes.” The woman said “I am Daenerys of the Drogon clan.

“I’m Luna.” She said shaking Daenerys hand.

Luna felt a bit of a pain in her left wrist and looked to see a strange device in her wrist. Luna began to panic when she heard Daenerys spoke “That device allows us to keep track of one another and keep an eye on your health.” She said “And before you asked no, we didn’t put that in you, everyone here has them, we are either born with them or wake up with them in our wrists.”

“So everyone has these?” Luna asked.

“Yes, each person here has one.” She said “Come I’ll show you around.”

“You told me I was in your outpost, where am I truly at?” Luna asked as they walked.

“You are on Scorched earth. A desert.” Daenerys said as they walked “My clan have been keeping the west safe from the other clans who wish to kill these dragons.”

Luna watched as the dragons over head fly “Why would they want to kill these creatures?”

Daenerys sighed “A couple of days ago the Obelisk’s were glowing bright and then a new item was discovered, Tek.” She said “Now these dragons are being hunted down for their claws for the arena, they are diving in droves to collect as many as they can.”

“Why would they need their claws?” Luna asked.

“They are apart of opening the gate to the Manticore arena.” A man spoke walking up to them “With this item called tek the clans have been hunting the dragons down keeping their numbers low.”

“What is Tek?”

“Tek is a new item, weapons and armor that have powerful and the tribes want to be as powerful as they can.” Daenery spoke “We have our own armor from our first fight with the boss, however you need element and you must fight the boss as many times to have enough to remain in power.”

All of these things confused Luna, she was new to this world and away from her home. Why was she here? All she knew she was away from home in a new strange land.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple of days have gone by and Matthew sat inside him home glaring at his sisters who busted his doorway and have caused damage to his home after fighting. This was the last thing he needed from his sisters.

As the two yelled at each other Matthew just walked out of the house. He had Sarah follow him as he headed towards the village.

He walked into the village and made his way towards the tavern. Making sure Sarah was placed near the tavern and given some berries to eat Matthew made his way inside and took a seat at a table. A young woman walked up to Matthew “Oh Matthew! It’s great seeing you again! What brings you in today?” The girl asked.

“I need a beer, the strongest beer you have.” He said as calmly as he could.

The woman blinked and made her way towards the bar leaving Matthew to think about the past few days. Applejack went with Amber just two days after they got back to his home, Kate refused to leave Matthew alone and so Applejack went with Amber to the swamp and he hasn’t heard back from them. He was worried but couldn’t make his way out there till his arm was back to normal. His sisters were driving him nuts. The woman came back with a tall mug “Here you go Matthew, enjoy.”

“Thank you.” Matthew said as he took a sip from the mug. He gave her some coins as he sat there “Oh can you find Smith? I need to speak with him about some repairs to my house.”
“I’ll find him.” She said with a smile leaving Matthew alone drinking his beer.

After talking with Smith about repairing his home and a few beers later Matthew stumbled out of the tavern and used Sarah to keep his balanced as he made his way back home.

With Matthew safe and sound at home he fell asleep. He awoke the next morning to the sound of hammers hammering away making Matthew groan and made his way out of his bed. His head was killing him as he walked down the stairs, to his surprise it wasn’t Smith working on his home instead his two sisters working together.

“Well this is a sight to see.”

“Morning Matthew! I hope our working didn’t wake you!” Rachel said cheerfully.

“You two are actually working together to fix my house up?” He asked.

“We feel bad for what happened.” Kate said “You’ve put you through enough stress already and us taking out our anger on your home.”

Before Matthew could speak his wrist started to burn, the strange device started to glow wildly and before he knew it he was being taken away. Kate and Rachel rushed towards Matthew only to have their hands go right through him and he faded away.

“MATTHEW!” The two screamed. The island started to shake as the Obelisks in the sky were pulsing with energy.

“What is going on!?” Kate yelled as she grabbed her radio to call on her tribe.

Rachel notices Sarah was gone as well “Matthew’s dinosaur is gone.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amber and Applejack watched as the Obelisks came to life and shook the island. They didn’t know what was going on.

“So it has begun.” An old man said walking towards the two girls “The war is coming.”

“What war?” Amber asked.

“Ragnarok, they will come and take this world over and they will kill anyone who dare define them.” He spoke “The gateway is opening and soon they will be coming.”

“If these people you speak of are coming, there must be a way to stop them from killing people.” Amber asked.
“There is only one way but it’s not on this island, a world filled with creatures that glow and a world underground.”

“The center i-” Ambers words were cut off “The center holds the gateway but it doesn’t hold the key to that realm.”

“What must we do ta get there?” Applejack asked.

“You’ll need this.” The old man pulled out of his bag a small strange metallic object “This will open the gateway between the worlds you seek.” Amber took the object “Heed my warning, the worlds you believe is a lie.” The old man walked into his hut as Amber and Applejack made their way back to Matthew home.

Once there they notice Kate and Rachel outside, there were about a hundred guys standing around and this worried the two.

“Amber! Applejack! Glad you two are alright!.” Rachel said as they landed.

“What’s going on?” Amber asked.

“Matthew disappeared when the Obelisks were glowing.” Kate said “I have my men looking into the matter.”

The ground started shaking again as the Obelisks released one final wave of energy and soon the waves of energy stopped and everything returned to normal.

“We might be able to find him.” Amber pulled out the strange metallic object “We need to head to the center and go within the world.”

“Send a message to Daniel, we’ll need his help since he knows The Center like the back of his hand.” Kate said to one of her men “Rachel, we’ll need your cave exploring to help.”

“Ah wanna come.” Applejack said “Ah can help fight back anything that comes at us.”

“I have a ship we can use to travel, Amber this is your mission, you have the map and the key to guide us and hopefully to Matthew.” Rachel said.

“Will bring Matthew back home.” Kate said.

“There is one more, the old man we spoke with tells us there is a war coming, people from Ragnorok are coming to come claim the world, they are an army from what we can gather they will be coming soon.” Amber said.

“We better hurry then.” Kate said “I want Matthew’s creatures taken to base and taken care of.”

“Where is Sarah?” Applejack asked.

“She disappeared just like Matthew.” Rachel said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew felt the heat hit his skin as he walked through heat and sand. His trusty Parasaur walking alongside him. All his gear gone besides his pistol and a few rounds still inside Sarah’s saddle. They came to a small clearing with some trees and grass and water. Matthew made sure the area was safe before taking a drink and cooling off. Matthew blinked as he saw this strange little creature bounce up to him, it looked like a cross between an rabbit and a kangaroo and it seemed to like Matthew as it jumped onto his back and nuzzled his cheek.

"You've finally made it, my son."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoy this cutie

Comments ( 3 )

2000 years later

It fealt like an eternity waiting m’kay

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu last chapter whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy!

Okay, ramble time:

Last time I was on Ark, I tried to piss off a Rex so I could lead it into a trap. I can outrun them, so it's flawless, right?

Um - usually, except for one catch.

It turned out to be an alpha, so I was fortunate enough to escape without getting the good 'ol one-two.

Login or register to comment