• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 2,281 Views, 76 Comments

Ark Survival Evolved. - Phantom Writer



Applejack awakens on a strange island full of strange creatures. Her goal is try to survive with a new friend.

  • ...
5
 76
 2,281

Chapter 2. A Start of A Journey.

Chapter 2. A Start of A Journey.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew sat in his chair drinking some water “So, this girl just fell from the sky while you so happen to be flying your Pteranodon in that nasty storm?” Matthew asked trying to make sure his facts were correct.

“Yes, me and Pete were flying here so I could hound you for leaving the bar before I got back!” Amber said smacking him upside the head “If you would have stayed I wouldn’t have been flying in that freak storm.”

Matthew rubbed the back of his head “Then that girl would be a puddle on the ground.”

“You checked her status right?” Amber asked.

“Yeah, her health is holding strong.” Matthew said looking at his implant in his arm “Her implant is fresh, we’ve seen people come to the island and their implants have been with them for what we can tell weeks, but hers.” Matthew looked at Amber “It’s freshly put in.”

Amber blinked “So, they put the implant in and let her free fall from the sky?”

“I don’t know, this world is a mystery.” Matthew said taking a sip of his water “Till our mystery girl wakes up why don’t you explain what in the world your planning with a trader from the other island.”

Amber took a seat in front of him “Okay, so at first I didn’t believe what he was telling me about the map.” Amber pulled a piece of paper out of her bag and placed it on the table “I’ve been exploring some old ruins just off the cost and I saw these strange symbols carved into the side one of the ruins, I traced it and then this trader a few days later showed me this map, it had those symbols on it.”

“So? Most ruins have strange cravings on them.” Matthew said “People have been trying to figure out what they’ve said for years.”

“And I think those ruins hold the keys to getting out of this world once and for all.”

Matthew sighed “What does this have to do with me?” He asked.

“You're the only one I know that can go between the tribes without anyone trying to kill you.” Amber said “I need to search the area in footpaw but it’s-” Matthew cut her off.

“And you lost me.” Matthew said getting up and walking over towards shelve.

“Matthew, I know you and your sister don’t see eye to eye but you can at least talk to her about allowing me to visit the ruins near the red Obelisk.” Amber said pulling out a jar of purple liquid.

“If you pour me a glass of that grape juice I’ll think about it.” Matthew said placing a wooden mug down as he took a seat.

Amber poured Matthew a glass “So you’ll go?”

“I have to finish a few things before I can even make the trip.” Matthew said taking a sip of his juice “I have a shipment coming in from the north, they are paying me a good fee to deliver this shipment to the docks, since I have to go thru there on my way to Drayo’s Cove, I can see about talking with her about allowing you to snoop around her territory but I can’t promise you anything.”

“That’s all I’m asking.” Amber said giving Matthew a warm smile “Do you know what’s being sent?”

“A lot of Mammoth hide.” Matthew said taking a sip of his juice “Guess someone really wants Mammoth hide.”

“Can Sarah even pull that much Mammoth hide?” Amber asked.

“Mike’s gonna allow me to borrow his Triceratop to help pull everything.” He said “He’ll be meeting me there in the morning.” Matthew then sighed “Which sunrise will be in about an hour and I’ve only gotten about two hours of sleep.”

“I haven’t been to bed.” Amber said “You don’t see me worried.”

“You’ll be asleep and Pete will fly you back home.” He said chuckling at the memory of the last time he saw Amber asleep and Pete just flying back to their home.

“That was one time.” Amber said huffing.

“If you want you can tag along.” Matthew said.

“And have to go up to that cold weather? Nah I’m good, but I’ll join up with you when you return to the village.” Amber said.

“Alright, well why don’t you keep an eye on our mystery woman while I get Sarah ready for the journey to the north.” Matthew placed his mug on the counter “Lucky for me they are meeting at the border near Whitesky Peak on the beach.”

“I’ll hold down the fort!” Amber said with a smile.
Matthew chuckled “Don’t burn down the place like last time.” Matthew said closing the door causing Amber to glare at the closed door.

“I forget to put the candle out just ONCE and you lose only half of the house and I’m the bad guy.” Amber crossed her arms and huffed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew walked into the village with Sarah walking behind him.

“Good morning Matthew!” The young girl at the watchtower said waving down at him.

“Morning Lora.” Matthew said as the gates opened up allowing Matthew and Sarah to make their way into the village. Matthew notices some of the villagers already starting to get their day going.

He notices Mike near his home with his Triceratop outside already to go “Morning Mike.” Matthew said walking up to Mike.

“Morning Matthew, Trace is ready for the long journey.” Mike said as he looked at his Triceratop.

“I’ll make sure Trace is taken good care of.” Matthew said walking up to Trace “I have enough food for the long journey.”

“Your staying close to the beach right?” Mike asked.

“That is the safer route.” Matthew said “I promise Trace will be back safe and sound.”

Mike gave Trace one last goodbye hug “You be a good boy for Matthew, he’ll bring you back safe and sound.” Trace licked his owner's face.

Matthew chuckled “Alright Trace just follow me and Sarah.” Matthew gave Mike a bag of gold “This should cover the cost of missing Trace for awhile.”

“I told you Matthew, this was free of charge, you do so much for this village this is something that I wanted to do.” Mike went to hand Matthew the money back when Matthew walked away.

“Use that for Suzy, make it my wedding gift.” Matthew said getting onto Sarah’s back “Tell Suzy I said hi and I’ll see you in at least six days top.”

Trace followed Matthew and Sarah out of the village and the three made their way towards the Whitesky Peak.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amber stretched in her chair as she sat outside enjoying the sun. She notices her Pteranodon flying around and this made her smile.
Amber heard the sound of someone walking inside the house. Amber got to her feet and moved towards the door and notices the blond hair girl looking around “I see you're finally awake.” Amber said “I’m sure you're very confused on where your at.”

“A-Ah am.” She stuttered.

Amber made her way inside of the house “Take a seat while I get you some water.” Amber said walking over towards the sink Matthew built, she got the girl some water and handed her the mug. The girl took the mug and took a sip “I know this must be very strange, but you're on an island full of dinosaurs.” Amber removed her glove to show the girl the implant in her wrist “This implant allows us to check our health and to check our animals health as well, it also helps us with blueprints we might find or unlock when exploring.”

The girl looked at her wrist and notices the implant “W-Why d-do ah have this!?”

“That is unknown to us.” Amber said “Whatever you do don’t pull it out. You will die.” The girl looked in horror as she looked back at Amber “As long as you don’t rip it out you’ll be fine, my name is Amber, I’m a member of the tribe of Avalon, we are a peaceful tribe.”

“M-My name is Applejack.” Applejack said.

“Oh so you're from Equestria!” Amber said making Applejack raise an eyebrow “You're the seventh pony to show up in this world.”

“T-There are more of them?” Applejack asked.

“Yeah, they mostly live in the other village.” Amber said “But if you wanna meet up with them I can have Matthew take you to them since he is friends with every tribe on this island.”

Applejack looked at the implant in her wrist “Ah would like ta meet with them.”

“Alright, we can meet up with Matthew, he should be already halfway to the Whitesky Peak.” Amber said “Let’s get you some clothes and then we can get Pete and meet up with Matthew.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew pulled up his book and looked at the map “Alright, we are making great time Sarah and Trace, already half way there, won’t be long and then you two can rest while we load up the cart.” Matthew said petting Sarah’s head. Matthew placed his book back into his bag as they started moving again.

“Matthew!” Matthew heard Amber’s voice calling out to him causing him to look up and saw Pete carrying Amber and their mystery guest.

“Amber, what’s going on?” Matthew asked as Pete lander near them.
“Well Applejack here wanted to meet up with the other ponies from Equestria.” Amber said getting off of Pete “I figured since you know where a few of them are at we can take her to them.”

Matthew looked at the girl then back at Amber “There are some of your kind at Drayo’s Cove, I can take you there.”

“Ah don’t wanna be too much trouble.” Applejack said.

“I’m heading there once I get this shipment.” Matthew said “You two stay here, I’ll be coming back through here and then we can leave.”

“Alright.” Amber said “This will give me time to show you how things work around here.” Amber gave Applejack a big smile.

Matthew just rolled his eyes “Alright let's get moving.”

Sarah and Trace began to move.

Two hours it took for Matthew to reach the trading post on the outside of Whitesky Peak.

“Matthew! You made it!” A man said wearing a full fur armor.

“Hey Tony, got everything ready?” Matthew asked getting off of Sarah.

“My guys are loading up the wagon as we speak.” Tony said “The guy you’ll be meeting, his name is Mark.”

“There are a few Marks on this Island.” Matthew said.

“This Mark has a scar across his nose.” Tony said “He also has a mohawk.”

“Is he the one paying me or you?” Matthew asked.

“My daughter Mary has the payment waiting for you at Drayo’s Cove.” Tony said.

A man came walking up to them “The crates are loaded onto the wagon sir.”

“Thank you Steve, let’s hook up your Triceratops so you can be on your way.” Tony said.

Matthew walked over towards Trace and guided him over towards the wagon. With a few straps they hooked him up to the wagon. After doing a quick test to see if he can pull the wagon Trace pulled the wagon with ease “Alright, we are set to go.”
“Take care Matthew! Make sure you get there safe!” Tony said.

They watched as Matthew leave.

“You made sure the weapons are hidden right?” Tony asked Steve.

“Yes, the assault rifles and ammo are well hidden.” Steve said.

“The war at the center is about to come to an end.” Tony said smiling “The Nashoba tribe will help our brothers and sisters fight for the center.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think :pinkiehappy: