• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 2,281 Views, 76 Comments

Ark Survival Evolved. - Phantom Writer



Applejack awakens on a strange island full of strange creatures. Her goal is try to survive with a new friend.

  • ...
5
 76
 2,281

Chapter 1. A New World.

Chapter 1. A New World.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The cool crisp air blew across the land of Equestria, the fall weather was rolling in as the leaves began to change colors. A young apple farmer stood in her apple orchard looking at the leaves changing colors while sipping on her warm cider.

The cool crisp air blew through her long blond hair as her emerald eyes watched the trees. She slightly smiled as she saw her younger sister and her friends running around playing.

The wind picked up, causing her hat to fly, prompting her to chase to chase after her hat. She jumped and caught her hat. There was a flash of light that blinded her, and she felt her body become numb and her mind become blank as the darkness took over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A young man with short black hair and dark brown eyes walked along the river side with a Parasaur next to him. The Parasaur began to make noise causing the young man to look at his dinosaur “What’s wrong girl?” The young man asked trying to calm his dinosaur down.
Lighting lit up the sky causing the young man to look up “Oh, a storm is coming in.” He climbed onto the back of his dinosaur and they continued on their journey.

The wind began to pick up as the storm picked up. The gates opened and the young man was let into a small village “Welcome back Matthew, good timing. We were about to lock things down.” A young woman said from the tower.

“Hopefully this storm doesn’t take too long, I need to head back to my home.” Matthew said climbing off his dinosaur “You might want to take shelter.”

“I’ll be fine.” She said chuckling.

Matthew walked through the village as he could see people's placing dinosaurs inside the barns “Matthew! Place Sarah over here.” A man said waving.

Matthew guided Sarah inside the building “Thanks Jack, I’ll pay you back.”

“Just buy me a beer.” He chuckled as they made their way inside the building near the barn.

They took a seat at a table as people were drinking and eating.

“So where is Amber, she sent me a message asking me to get here ASAP.” Matthew said looking at Jack.

“Amber went to the other tribe about an hour ago.” Jack said as they took a seat “She said she was gonna grab something before you got here.” He said as a young woman walked up to them.

“Hello Matthew, Hello Jack, what can I get you two?” She asked with a kind smile.

“I’ll have a beer Suzy.” Jack said.

“I’ll take a water.” Matthew said.

“I’ll bring you those to you right away.” She said leaving them alone.

“Amber knows I’m not that far from the village.” Matthew sighed “Do you know what she wanted?”

“A trader from the other island claims he found a map to a strange land that might hold the key to unlocking the gateway home.” Jack said.

“And this trader just gave her the map?” Matthew asked.

“They are working together from what I know.” Jack said as Suzy walked back over with their drinks “Thanks Suzy.” Jack said drinking his beer.

Matthew took a sip of his water “Thanks Suzy, this round is on me.” Matthew said placed four pieces of gold coins onto the tray.

“Is the extra gold coin for me?” Suzy asked with a smile.

“Yup.” Matthew smiled as Suzy walked away.

“What was that about?” Jack asked.

“Word has it Mike is about to ask her the big question.” Matthew said “That’s my way of just making her day brighter before her date tonight.”

“And how do you know this?” Jack asked.

“Mike brought me the items he needed to forge a ring for him and Suzy.” Matthew chuckled.

“I swear you know what’s going on in all the villages.” Jack chuckled.

“Back to Amber, did this guy go with her to the other village?” Matthew asked.

“He went back to the other island, said he had to get a group ready.” He said.

Matthew stood “I’m gonna head back home, tell Amber I’ll be back early in the morning.” Matthew placed some coins onto the table “Have a few beers on me.”

“You sure you don’t want to stay till the storm is over?” Jack asked.

“Me and Sarah can handle the storm, besides I have to get things ready for tomorrow.” Matthew said leaving the building and quickly rushing to the barn. He walked over towards Sarah “I know you hate storms girl but we need to head home.” Sarah made a noise as Matthew climbed onto the saddle as he guided her out of the barn as they rushed to the gate “Can you open the gate?” Matthew asked the gatekeeper.

“You sure you wanna leave in this nasty storm?” She yelled.

“Yeah! I need to head back!”

The gates opened up and the two rushed out into the storm.

Lighting light up the sky as the wind pushed the trees. Matthew rode through the storm as they made their way to his home. He saw his home just ahead and smiled “Almost home girl.”

They made it to the gate and Matthew quickly got off Sarah and opened the gate. Sarah rushed inside and into the barn and Matthew shut the gates and made his way towards his house. He opened the door. He quickly took off his wet clothes and quickly started a fire to try and dry off. He grabbed a cloth and dried off “Alright, better go get the saddle off Sarah and get the fireplace going there.” He put on some clothes and made his way into the barn connected to his house.

Matthew looked at the open doors and quickly shut them to stop the rain from coming in. He looked to see Sarah eating the grass “Alright girl let's get your saddle off.” He said walking over and starting to unstrap the saddle. He felt breathing behind him making him turn his head to see a black Direwolf “Hey Lucky.” He felt the wolf lick his cheek “Good to see you too.” Matthew placed the saddle on the side of the railing as he wrapped the cloth around the saddle “Alright, let’s get it warm in here so you two don’t freeze.” Matthew said as he walked over to the fireplace. He started the fire and the room started to get warm.

He made his way back into his home. He took a seat in his chair as he got warm by the fire. The storm still going strong outside. Matthew yawned as he slowly fell asleep in his chair.

The door burst open causing Matthew to fall to the ground “Matthew! Quick I need your help!”

Matthew quickly stood “A-Amber? W-What wrong?” Matthew asked waking up.

“I need help, this girl fell from the sky on my way here and you're the only one I know that was close enough to help.” Amber said grabbing Matthew by the wrist and dragging him outside.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

This was the first chapter for Ark Survival Evolved and there will be more! Ark is coming out for PS4 and the more I play it and understand a lot of the game I’ll be writing more because this has gotten me so excited! Thank you for reading and I hope all of you enjoyed! Also Christmas is coming just around the corner!

Update Thanks to TheLaundry for some of the fixes!