• Published 3rd Dec 2016
  • 8,386 Views, 1,074 Comments

The Alternate Adventures of the Power Ponies - DisneyFanatic23



The adventures of the Mane 6 as the Power Ponies as they defend Maretropolis from dastardly evil-doers, including the Mane-iac, the Equalizer, the Phoenix, and the God of Chaos himself.

  • ...
11
 1,074
 8,386

The Pharaoh's Curse: Part 3

"If you can't figure out where you stand with someone, it might be time to stop standing and start walking."

- Unknown


Saddle Rager used to hate patrolling Maretropolis alone, especially at night. However, since she'd grown accustomed to her powers, she was less afraid of getting mugged. Besides, a fly in the night air was just was she needed to reflect on the dreams she'd been having.

It was strange. She hadn't even seen Discord in almost two months until yesterday, and she was having heated dreams about him. And even though she'd been with Delancey all this time, she had yet to dream about him.

Delancey! She had only just realized she had left him at the museum without explanation! I'll have to call him tomorrow. I'm sure he'll believe me if I say I got lost in the confusion.

She felt bad. Dreaming about Discord when she was with another. True, it wasn't a crime to dream about someone else, but what would Delancey say if he knew she was attracted, even if only slightly, to the ancient God of Chaos? And it would be hard to explain that without explaining her connection to Discord, as well as her part-time job.

No, Delancey could not know she was Saddle Rager. Not only might her monstrous form scare him away, but he could be in danger. She could only imagine what Discord would do if he discovered she was dating someone who wasn't him. After seeing his less flattering side the other night, she was beginning to think he wasn't as nice with other ponies as he was with Fluttershy, especially with romantic rivals! Discord didn't own her, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try anything.

It was almost time to hand the patrol off to Zapp when an alarm sounded from the bank down the street. Flapping her wings harder, Saddle Rager flew over to the bank. She tried the front door, but it was locked. For a moment, she feared she would have to break the glass when the door suddenly opened for her. Confused, but deciding now wasn't the time to question it, she went in.

She flew over to the vault and gasped when she saw the perpetrator.

There he was, leaning nonchalantly against the round, heavy, metal door, his cloven hoof standing within the laser tripwire.

"D-Discord?" Saddle Rager said, utterly baffled at this scene.

The draconequus checked a stopwatch in his paw. "Responded in thirty-point-two seconds. Not too shabby."

She blinked several times. "W-What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" As he shrugged, a moneybag materialized in his claw. "I'm robbing this bank."

Saddle Rager looked between the moneybag and him. "What do you need money for? You're a god!"

"Oh, that's right." He made the bag disappear. "Guess that means I was just trying to get your attention then."

"Attention?"

"Of course, I could've just gone back to your place, but I thought that'd be too predictable."

"Predictable?"

Discord swabbed his ear with his talon. "Is there an echo in here?"

"Hello, Fluttershy?" Radiance's voice said through the commlink. "Have you checked out that bank alarm on 5th Street?"

Sighing, Saddle Rager pressed her hoof into her ear and responded, "False alarm, Radiance. It's only Discord."

"Discord?!" Radiance exclaimed in astonishment.

"Only Discord?!" the god said, putting his paw to his heart. "Now, that's just insulting! You saying I'm not threatening enough for you, Miss Saddle Rager?"

Saddle Rager narrowed her eyes, not pleased with his behavior. "Well, to be plain, you did just trip a burglar alarm for no reason whatsoever, except that you are apparently desperate for attention as well as for something to occupy your time with!"

Annoyed, as well as amused, by her retort, Discord placed his paw and claw firmly on his hips. "I'll have you know that surprising as it may seem, my life is not completely devoid of social interaction! I have a girlfriend!"

Saddle Rager's mouth fell open. Does he really think I'm his girlfriend when I firmly told him no? She couldn't think of a response without revealing her identity.

"Am I annoying you, Miss Saddle Rager?" Discord said with a smirk. "Am I getting you…angry?"

She grunted. "Peeved—pardon my language—would be a better word for it."

"Uh-oh, how unwise of me to unleash your wrath." Closing his eyes, he put his paw dramatically to his forehead. "Guess you'll have to fight me now."

Opening one eye, he watched her expectantly. It took only a few seconds for the situation to dawn on Saddle Rager.

"Wait," she said. "Do you…want me to fight you?"

"Oh, very well, if you insist!"

With a snap of his fingers, Saddle Rager suddenly found herself in a boxing ring with blue boxing gloves on her hooves. Discord appeared in front of her, wearing red boxing shorts and gloves.

Another Discord appeared between them in a referee's uniform.

Pulling down a mic from out of nowhere, the referee pointed to Saddle Rager and said, "In this corner, standing four-foot-three—fifty feet, when you get on her bad side—the fearsome, the destructive, the lovely…Saddle Rager!"

Applause erupted from an undeterminable source. Saddle Rager glanced around for that source in vain.

"And in this corner," the referee said, pointing to Discord, "Standing ten-foot-seven and three-quarters—fifteen and a half if you count his tail and horns, although his size varies too—the Master of Mischief, the Spirit of Chaos, the Hunk of Handsomeness, the one, the only, Discord!"

Discord clasped his gloves together and waved them as the invisible audience clapped.

"And here comes Round One," the referee said as another Discord dressed in a pink swimsuit pranced across the ring holding a sign that read "Round One." "And…fight!"

Saddle Rager lost it the moment the bell rang. "No!"

The referee poofed out of sight and Discord looked at her in surprise. "No?"

"No!" she shouted, throwing her gloves down. "This…this is ridiculous!"

"Okay, I'll admit the me in the girly swimsuit was a bit much—I mean it hardly complimented my figure—"

"I'm not going to fight you, Discord!"

"Why not? I'm a villain, aren't I?"

Saddle Rager grunted impatiently as she waved her hooves about. "You're not even doing anything!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was tripping the alarm not enough for you? Am I going to have to go through the whole spiel first?"

In a flash, the boxing ring was gone and Discord was in a black-and-white-striped burglar outfit and black mask. He held up several moneybags in his claw and a Tommy gun in his paw.

"Stick 'em up!" he said in a Manehattan accent.

Facehoofing herself, Saddle Rager tried to calm down, but found it rather difficult.

"Discord," she said slowly, "I understand if you are…wanting entertainment since I…since Fluttershy left you—"

Discord stiffened. "She didn't leave me! We're just…on a break!"

She gritted her teeth to prevent herself from shouting. "But I really don't have time for this. So, if you would please return that money to the vault, I will be on my way." Turning away from him, she took a deep breath and said, "Good night."

Discord's jaw dropped as she started trotting away from him.

"W-Wha…who…wha…what kind of hero are you?!"

Instead of responding, she just kept on walking. Exasperated, Discord dropped the money and gun.

"Fine," he said, ripping off the mask. "I didn't want it to come to this, but you've left me no choice."

A second later, Saddle Rager felt a sudden tug on her tail, making her yelp. Covering her tail, she spun around to find Discord floating on his back, whistling nonchalantly with his hands behind his head.

"Did…did you just pull my tail?"

Shrugging innocently, he replied, "Wasn't me."

Just then, she felt something yank her mane back so far, her head went with it. Squealing, she turned just in time to see Discord's floating, disembodied claw, which hastily flew back to reattach to his eagle arm.

"Ugh!" Saddle Rager exclaimed, stomping her front hooves to the ground. "Sweet Celestia, you are so…childish!"

Her voice had gotten lower with the last word, causing Discord's ears to perk up excitedly.

"Yes, yes!" he said, holding his paw and claw out urgently. "I am so childish! Makes you mad, doesn't it?"

Saddle Rager grunted as she grew in size. "Get…out…of…this…bank! Now!"

He stuck out his tongue. "Make me—oomph!"

He was cut off by Saddle Rager's now enormous hoof squeezing around his waist. He was brought up to meet her monstrous, snarling face.

"Wow," he uttered, smiling in awe. "This is even more terrifying than when I annoyed that Cyclops!"

"GET OUT!" Saddle Rager hollered in his face.

Discord licked his lion finger to put his winded mane back in place. "You think you could throw me around first or—?"

"NOW!" she boomed even louder.

"Okay, okay!" he said, holding up his paw. "I can see when I'm not wanted. Same time tomorrow then?"

She let out a growl not unlike the rumble of an earthquake.

"Right. Going. Tootles!"

He snapped his fingers hastily. Now that the source of her anger was gone, it took less than a minute for Saddle Rager to shrink down. Though no longer furious, she was still breathing heavily from irritation.

"Gods, I wish I never let him out of that statue!"


Rarity had been grateful that Spike had let her rest for at least a few hours by taking over monitor duty, but he had been so insistent on not waking her that she was late for work! She burst into the office, her mane in disarray. Many heads turned from their cubicles as she rushed past. When she arrived at her office, she noticed the assistant's desk in front of it was empty.

"Stiletto?" Rarity said, turning to the nearest employee. "Where's Coco?"

Platform Stiletto was a cream-colored earth mare with yellow eyes and a wild purple mane. She sat in her cubicle drawing some shoe designs.

"How should I know?" Stiletto replied bitterly without facing her. "Isn't she your roommate?"

As Rarity rolled her eyes, Suri's assistant came up behind her. She was a skinny pink earth mare with gray eyes and a blonde mane in a spaghetti-like ponytail.

"Miss Belle! Thank goodness you've come!"

"Miss Dressmacher!" Rarity exclaimed, spinning around. "Yes, yes, I know I'm late. Tell Suri that I overslept but it won't happen again."

"I'm afraid I can't do that," Miss Dressmacher said.

"Then tell her I got stuck in traffic or—"

"No, you see, I can't do that because Miss Polomare hasn't come in today."

Rarity blinked. "Is she on holiday or something?"

The assistant shook her head. "She never asked me to schedule any trips, and I've been calling her home phone and cell all morning."

Looking at the empty desk, Rarity asked, "Has Coco called?"

"No, she hasn't come in either. What do you think we should do?"

"Why are you asking me?"

Miss Dressmacher cocked her head. "You're the Vice President. With Suri away, that leaves you in charge."

Rarity stiffened as she looked between Suri's office and Coco's desk. Normally, she would be leaping for joy at this opportunity to call all the shots, but she had to solve this mystery first, especially if her best friend was in trouble.

"Um, Surprise Company Holiday!" Rarity shouted to the room. "Every pony, take the rest of the day off!"

Without question, the employees cheered and hustled out of the room. A few ponies, such as Miss Dressmacher and Platform Stiletto gave her curious looks before they left.

Once she was alone, Rarity let out a troubled sigh and pressed her hoof into her ear. "Radiance to Power Ponies. Meet me at Headquarters. Something very peculiar is afoot."


"You sure your boss isn't just playing hooky or something?" Rainbow asked once Rarity had finished explaining the situation at Headquarters.

"No," Rarity replied, shaking her head. "Suri may do some questionable things, but she never takes time off without giving notice. Even if she did, it doesn't explain Coco's disappearance."

"Maybe she slept in like you and is back at her apartment?" Pinkie suggested.

"I already checked there, and I've called her cell several times! I'm worried some foul play might be at hoof here."

"But who would want to hurt your boss and Coco?" Fluttershy asked.

Rarity huffed. "I know a lot of ponies who'd want to get back at Suri, but you've all met Coco. She's never offended any pony in her life!"

"Maybe it's some pony who's got a grudge against Polomare Fashions and is just picking off employees one by one?" Rainbow said.

"Our company does have plenty of rivals in the fashion industry."

"It might not just be Polomare fashions," Spike said from the monitors. "Come look at this."

The mares walked up to the monitors, which had a window opened to a news article titled: "Local Billionaire Vanishes!" Below the title was a picture of Starlight Glimmer next to one of a pink unicorn with a curly purple mane.

"According to this article," Spike said, scrolling down, "Starlight Glimmer, the richest and most powerful businessmare in Maretropolis—next to Twilight—and her secretary, Sugar Belle, disappeared from Glimmer Industries last night. At least that's what they think happened, because they never clocked out of their shifts last night. Same story as Suri and Coco: they didn't show up at the office this morning, hadn't given notice, and didn't respond to any calls made by Starlight's assistant. That's when he reported them missing."

"So, what?" Rainbow said. "Some pony's kidnapping big-shot business ponies and their secretaries?"

"Coco's not a secretary," Rarity insisted, "and she's not Suri's assistant anymore."

"That's not the only big news," Spike said, pulling up a second article.

Every pony gasped at the title: "Great and Powerful Trixie Escapes Again!"

"Seriously!" Rainbow shouted. "Balkham needs to upgrade its security!"

"So Trixie kidnapped Suri, Coco and those other two?" Rarity asked.

"Nah," Pinkie said, shaking her head. "That doesn't sound like Trixie."

"Pinkie's right," Spike said. "Trixie's a thief, not a kidnapper."

"There's a first time for everything," Rarity said.

"But this article says some pony else broke into Balkham and got her out."

"Who'd wanna spring Trixie?" Rainbow said.

"The guards said all they remember is some pony walked in, they're not sure who, and asked them to turn off the security cameras and let them through. A few seconds later, they realized their mistake and sounded the alarm, but it was already too late. The intruder had gotten ahold of a guard's security pass and let Trixie out."

"Hypnotism?" Rarity wondered.

"The Sirens?" Fluttershy said.

"Sonata?!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"No way," Rainbow said. "They got sucked into a vortex to some demon island or whatever."

"I guess you're right." Pinkie sighed sadly. "Besides, Sonata would've called me if she was back in town."

Rarity and Rainbow rolled their eyes at Pinkie's absurd crush.

"So, what do we do?" Rarity asked.

Rainbow looked around as she suddenly found all eyes on her. "What?"

"Um…you're the acting leader?" Rarity said.

"Oh!" Rainbow bit her lip. "Um…" She flapped her wings as she paced around the room, trying to think of what Twilight would do. "Well, uh…we could look at…security footage?"

Spike shook his head and pointed to the news article on screen. "The intruder had turned the cameras off, remember?"

"Ah, right. Well, uh…we should…see how all the victims are connected?" She gasped. "Two of them are business mares and the other two are, or were, their assistants!"

Unimpressed, Rarity crossed her forelegs over her chest. "We've already established that, darling."

Blushing, Rainbow scratched her head for more ideas. "We could, uh…research! Yeah, research! You know, we could find the villain's hideout by looking up their past hangouts and childhood home—"

"Oh, brilliant!" Rarity exclaimed sarcastically. "Except we don't know who the villain is yet!"

"Right." Chuckling nervously, Rainbow said, "Knew that. Okay, we'll just, um…go to that villain club and see if any pony knows anything?"

"Can't," Spike said. "Mare-velous is sure they moved shop since she and I got caught sneaking in there."

"Although," Rarity said, tapping her chin, "there are some villains we can interrogate. Trixie isn't the only inmate at Balkham Asylum. One of the others was sure to have seen what happened."

"Uh, not to sound like a party pooper or anything," Pinkie said, raising her hoof, "but I don't think the goons we got locked up will be willing to talk to us."

"Maybe, but there is one inmate at Balkham who just might talk to Rarity Belle."

The heroes didn't need to ask to whom she was referring, as they all had a pretty good guess.

"You sure, Rarity?" Spike asked nervously. "The two of you didn't exactly part on good terms."

"It's the only lead we have," Rarity said. "It's worth a try."

"Yeah!" Rainbow exclaimed, pointing at her. "Err, great idea, Rarity! You go down to the asylum while the rest of us stay here and see if we can find anything else. Luckily, the museum's closed so I don't have to come in today." She muttered under her breath, "Glad some good came out of yesterday's fiasco." She turned to the dragon. "Spike, how do we get ahold of the police chief? She always gives Twilight good tips."

"Err, yeah, see…" Spike twiddled his fingers. "I tried that, and…Chief Spitfire wasn't really comfortable with giving confidential information to a minor."

"What? But you work for the Power Ponies!"

"I'm still a kid!"

"Ugh! Get the chief on the phone or whatever you do!"

While Spike dialed a number on the Power Ponies' hotline, Rarity headed for the elevator.

"Yes, hello?" Rainbow said into the phone. "This is Zapp. I was wondering if you could give us any info into last night's disappearances and Trixie's breakout."

Fluttershy looked around at her friends. "Um, if you don't need me here, there's something I need to—"

"What do you mean you're not at liberty to divulge that information?! I'm talking to the chief, right?"

"Uh, I'll just be going now."

"Well, do you know when she'll be back?!"

Fluttershy slowly backed away as Rainbow grew more and more frustrated.

"Zapp! With two p's? Third-in-command of the Power Ponies?" She nearly dropped the phone. "What do you mean hold?! You never put the Matter-Horn on hold! Listen here Mr. Receptionist or whoever you are, I'm every bit just as important as the Matter—hello? Hello? Aw, forget it!"

She slammed the phone back onto the hook. "Spike, hack something!"

"Hack what?" the dragon asked with a shrug.

Rainbow cried out in exasperation. "I don't know! The police database or the asylum's database or something! Just hack us some information that will magically solve this case, alright?!"

Jumping in his chair, Spike went to work, his fingers flying across the keyboard.


Rarity took a deep breath as she sat down on the stool and waited in front of the glass. She tried to hone out the chatter of the other visitors talking to inmates through the phones. Every second she waited, she grew more and more anxious.

Come now, Rarity, you only saw her a few days ago when you took her back here.

But this wasn't the same as hauling a criminal to Balkham. She wasn't Radiance at the moment. She was Rarity Belle, just a run-of-the-mill unicorn.

Then she heard the rattle of chains and watched as the object of her visit came into view. Her mane and tail were wrapped in chains, making the heaviest, most unflattering green braids. As her red and green eyes met Rarity's blue ones, she grinned eerily, sat down and picked up the phone. Hesitantly, Rarity used her magic to levitate the phone to her ear.

"Rarity," the Mane-iac said with a slight chuckle, "I knew you still cared."

"Hello, Dee," Rarity said dryly. "You're looking well, all things considered."

"As are you. Then again," the villain said, tapping on the glass between them, "you're not in the nut house!"

Rarity looked down at the Mane-iac's prison garb. "At least they aren't making you wear those hideous orange jumpsuits these prisons are famous for."

"Yes, at least that's some consolation," the Mane-iac said. "Orange never really was my color, even before my accident." She pulled on the front of her maroon jumpsuit. "Isn't it nice that it's the same color as the one you made me a little while ago?"

Rarity lowered her gaze a moment.

"Something tells me you didn't come down here just to say hello," the Mane-iac said, a twinge of disappointment entering her sultry voice.

"Whatever would make you think that?" Rarity asked, not even attempting to sound innocent.

"Well, our last meeting was…unpleasant."

The unicorn met her eyes with a scowl. "You mean after you kidnapped me and attempted to murder my friend? And don't think I didn't hear about that Hairspray Ray of Doom stunt you tried to pull last month!"

"I was going to spare you from the blast," the Mane-iac said, "but you weren't at your apartment or your office."

Rarity bit her lip to prevent herself from revealing that she'd been one of the ponies to stop that Hairspray Ray of Doom from causing every pony's mane in Maretropolis to go wild. In fact, she was to be one of its first test subjects.

The villain's smile dropped when her old friend didn't respond. "Let's be serious, Rarity. Why are you here?"

Sighing, Rarity decided to cut to the chase. "It's my friend, Coco. You remember her," she said venomously, "the mare you threatened to blow up if I didn't make your ridiculous henchpony uniforms?"

"Ah, yes." The Mane-iac's grin returned. "How is the old dear?"

"She's vanished. Not that you would care."

"Not particularly."

"She's not the only one. My employer's gone too, as is Starlight Glimmer and her assistant."

"Glimmer's vanished?" The Mane-iac laughed. "I never thought I'd see the day when she'd annoy some pony so much with her unnatural niceness that she would fall victim to foul play! This is an enjoyable bit of gossip, Rarity, but why tell me all of this?"

Rarity leaned forward. "All four mares disappeared last night, the same night a certain fellow inmate of yours disappeared from her cell."

"Oh, yes, that Trixie girl." She huffed. "Didn't particularly care for her. Talked about herself way too much. And who in the world constantly refers to themselves in the third person?"

"Well, I don't know if Trixie took them all or if the pony who helped her break out did, but I know her escape is related to Coco's disappearance in some way. So please, Dee, if you saw or heard anything that night, please tell me."

The Mane-iac chuckled. "And why should I? Not even the police could get any of us to talk. You know why?" She shot forward, making Rarity jump as she pressed her face against the glass. "There is nothing any pony can do to make us cooperate when we've already hit rock bottom!"

"Not even the possibility of a lighter sentence?" Rarity asked, her voice squeaking slightly.

"Ha!" She pulled back from the glass. "Why cut a few years off my sentence when I can already bust out of here whenever I like? Have you seen the security system in this place? Pathetic!"

Rarity made a mental note to have a talk with the warden later as Radiance. "You'd be doing the right thing, Dee."

Rolling her eyes, the Mane-iac replied, "I didn't become a successful business mare by doing the right thing."

"And not doing the right thing caused you to lose your company, give you the most extreme makeover in the history of Equestria, and landed you in this dusty old prison with no taste in interior decorating!"

The villain blinked. "Touché, Rarity. Touché."

Taking a deep breath, Rarity bravely looked her in the eye. "We were friends once, Dee. You once gave me a pair of diamond bracelets for no reason at all."

"Yes, and then you used them to throw me into the slammer."

The unicorn nearly dropped the phone. Seeing her shock, the Mane-iac simply groaned.

"Oh, come now, Rarity. What idiot do you take me for? I don't know how you managed to pull that doppelganger trick at the Charity Ball, but we both know those bracelets didn't just happen to fall into the hooves of some other random white unicorn with exquisitely curled purple hair."

Gulping, Rarity spoke lower into the phone. "H-How long have you known?"

The Mane-iac shrugged. "Some months now. I've had a long time to think in this place."

"And yet," the unicorn said, studying the villain's face carefully, "you haven't told any pony."

"And give some other villain the pleasure of destroying you?"

"Now, see, Dee, I find that hard to believe, considering the last time you escaped, you didn't come looking for me."

The Mane-iac's expression became anxious, which caused Rarity to smirk in triumph.

"Isn't that just dandy? Even after knowing I was the one who put you here, I'm still the only friend you have left in this miserable town." Rarity frowned. "Unlike you, Dee, I have other friends, and one of them might be in danger. So, please," she leaned forward, looking at the Mane-iac with big, pleading eyes, "if you know anything, anything at all, tell me now. Prove to me that you still care for me, Dee, and…Radiance might have a little chat with the warden."

The Mane-iac stared at her a long while, appearing to be deep in thought. Then she looked down at her hooficure, trying to give the impression that she didn't care.

"You know, the walls in my cell are simply drab."

Rarity nodded in understanding. "I know you like maroon."

The criminal threw her head back in an exasperated groan. "I didn't see anything, alright? Trixie's cell was further down from mine, so I was too far away to see anything." Glancing around, she lowered her voice. "I did, however, hear a stallion's voice. I didn't hear their entire conversation as the alarm was blaring loudly. But he did say something about 'destiny' and 'fulfilling a grander purpose.' Then he said something I couldn't make out. Something foreign. And today, at lunch, there was chatter amongst the inmates who had been closer to Trixie's cell."

"Did they say what he looked like? His hair? His eyes?"

"His physical description varied. You know how fragmented gossip can be. The only thing every pony agreed on was that the intruder had been dressed like a pharaoh."

Rarity blinked. "A pharaoh?"

The Mane-iac nodded, gesturing to her head. "Crown, anklets, fake beard, the whole shebang. They've already nicknamed him the Phony Pharaoh."

"Did they say anything else?" she asked excitedly.

Shaking her head, the Mane-iac replied, "Just that Trixie took one look at that Phony Pharaoh and followed him without question. Can't say I blame her, as he was offering her a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free Card."

"Thank you, Dee," Rarity said, putting her hoof up to the glass. "You've helped me a great deal."

The Mane-iac glared at her hoof. "This doesn't mean I'll be going easy on you next time we meet."

Embarrassed, Rarity dropped her hoof. "We have an understanding then."

They both nodded, though Rarity could've sworn she saw her old friend's mouth turn up a millimeter.


"Miss Buttercream?" Mr. Fetlock said, opening the museum's front doors.

Fluttershy gasped when she saw the curator and started backing down the steps. "Oh, Mr. Fetlock! I'm so sorry, I know the museum's closed and I didn't mean to stare and—"

"How long have you been standing out here?"

"I…" She looked around. "I don't know, I was just…I'll go."

"No, no," Mr. Fetlock said, holding out his hoof. "Why don't you come in?"

"But," Fluttershy said in confusion, "you're closed."

"If you're so intent on visiting right now," he said with a smile, "I can give you a private tour. However, as we are still renovating, I must ask you not to touch anything."

Nodding, Fluttershy carefully took his hoof and he gently led her inside.

"Was there anything in particular you wanted to see today?" Fetlock said as he relocked the door.

"The sculpture gardens," Fluttershy murmured.

"Ah," he said sadly. "I'm afraid it is quite in…disarray."

"I know. I just…want to see them."

Bowing his head, he led her down the halls. "I haven't seen much of you recently."

"I was here yesterday," she said quietly.

"Yes, but you do not come as often as you used to. I am not surprised, as your favorite exhibit…came to life."

Fluttershy said nothing else until they arrived at the gardens. As Mr. Fetlock had said, it was in shambles. Her jaw dropped at the piles of rubble that were once beautiful statues.

"Yes," Mr. Fetlock said, his voice growing lower. "As you can see, those accursed Power Ponies have turned this gorgeous garden into ruins."

"Can't any of the statues be restored?" Fluttershy asked.

He sighed. "I have the Canterlot Restoration Society coming in a few days, but these sculptures may be beyond repair."

Her attention turned towards the center of the garden. "May I…have a moment alone?"

"By all means," Mr. Fetlock said with a bow. "Just don't touch anything!"

With a nod, she slowly made her way through the rubble, careful not to step on anything. She stopped in front of the place where Discord's statue used to stand. All that remained was a broken pedestal and a cracked plaque. After staring at the pedestal for a long moment, Fluttershy released a heavy sigh.

"I know you can't hear me," she muttered. "Now, more than ever. I mean you're not there anymore." She looked down at her hooves. "But…you are here. All the time. Not a day goes by when I don't think about you. Even…even when I'm with Delancey. Every time we go out, all I can think about is…how it would be if I were with you.

"And those last couple of nights…" Shutting her eyes, she sobbed softly. "Had you always been…so nasty? So noncompliant? So…so rude? I know you were evil and everything, but with how you acted when you were with me—the real me—you never once gave me the impression that you might be…"

She trailed off as tears streamed down her face. "And yet here I am, still talking to your statue, even after it's broken and gone." She looked back at the pedestal. "Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Am I interrupting something?"

Fluttershy squeaked and spun around, finding Fetlock suddenly behind her.

Looking past her, he said, "I know you always came to visit the statue of Discord, but I never realized how…attached you'd gotten to it."

Biting her lip, Fluttershy turned away from him. He took a step closer.

"Did you know I was here when he got out? The very first thing he did was ask where he might find his 'savior.' Where he might find you."

Fluttershy sat down and wrapped her hooves around herself.

"I understand. After listening to your voice for so long, it was only natural that he'd grow to admire you."

She hung her head, desperate to get these feelings off her chest. "He…he took me to his realm…asked me to marry him…said he loved me more than anything and I…said no."

She could no longer hold back her tears as she buried her face in her hooves.

"Strange, isn't it?" Mr. Fetlock said, his eyes flashing as they kept their focus on her. "All that power, and he couldn't give you happiness." He stepped closer. "A mare like you deserves more than just a mere god who cannot keep his promises."

Fluttershy flinched as she suddenly felt his hoof on her shoulder.

"A mare like you deserves a king," he whispered in her ear, causing her to shiver.

Too stunned to respond, Fluttershy was still as Mr. Fetlock gently cupped her chin and turned her face towards him.

"I've watched you come here ever since you were a foal," he said, his voice suddenly richer and deeper. "I've watched you grow into a delicate beauty. I've watched you admire my museum." His green eyes appeared to glow. "You find it as precious as I do."

Fluttershy's face grew red as she turned away, surprising the stallion.

"Thank you, Mr. Fetlock," she said, standing up, "for the compliment, but I'm afraid I can't…that is, I'm…I have a boyfriend."

As she started to walk away, he quickly grabbed her foreleg. "He doesn't appreciate you the way I do! No pony can!"

"I'm sorry," Fluttershy said, trying to sound bolder, "but I must go."

He growled as he tightened his grip. "How can you be resisting me?!"

"Mr. Fetlock, please! You're hurting me!"

She yelped as he pulled her back so close that their muzzles were touching.

"Look into my eyes," he hissed, pressing her closer, "and come with me, Hatshysut!"

"Who?" Fluttershy said, attempting to pull away.

Impatient, he gritted his teeth. "Look into my eyes!"

After much struggling, Fluttershy decided the best course of action was to kick him in the crotch.

"Sorry!" she cried once his grip had loosened.

Breaking out of his hold, she ran out of the gardens. Fetlock growled, his eyes glowing green as they glared after her.

"Help!" she shouted through the halls. "Some pony help!"

She searched for a security guard or a construction pony. The museum was closed but they still should have been there.

"Where is every pony?"

As she turned a corner, she almost collided into some pony.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed. "I didn't…" Then she got a better look at the pony. "Coco?"

She almost didn't recognize Coco Pommel, as she was decorated in golden bracelets and wearing a golden Anugyptian crown atop a black wig.

"Coco, we've been looking all over for you!" Fluttershy said. "Rarity's so worried! What's happened to you? Why are you dressed like that?"

But Coco only stared at her blankly.

"Coco?" the pegasus said, waving her hoof in front of Coco's empty eyes. "Are you alright? What's going—?"

She was cut off as something hard hit her on the back of the head. Her eyes rolled back into their sockets as she collapsed to the ground.

Before she lost consciousness, she heard hoofsteps coming towards her her.

"I should've executed you long ago, Hatshysut," said what sounded like Mr. Fetlock's voice. "You always were the most resilient of the seven."

Author's Note:

Well this arc is turning out longer than I expected...Mane-iac popped up after such a long time and insisted she get a Hannibal Lecter-type cameo (why do I always come back to that?).

Miss Dressmacher=play on "Miss Tessmacher" from the Superman movie

Hatshysut=Hatshepsut, a Queen of Egypt