• Published 2nd Dec 2016
  • 9,366 Views, 222 Comments

You're All Too Easy! - Dr Atlas



Twilight starts realizing her friend's minds are too easy to control.

  • ...
31
 222
 9,366

First Lesson: Don't look

“Alright, Fluttershy, you ready?”

"Y-Yes."

"Okay, look at this pocket watch."

“Okay.”

“Now, focus on it as it swings, alright?”

“Alright.”

“Now, don’t fall under its trance, no matter how hard your head hurts. You can’t let it control you, okay?”

“Yes master…”

With an annoyed groan, Twilight stopped swinging the pocket watch in front of Fluttershy’s face and glared at her. “Really? That easy?”

“That easy for what?” Fluttershy asked, her eyes no longer swirling. “D-Did I do it right?”

“No, you didn’t…” Twilight dug her face in her book again, trying to figure out other ways to help her. “I don’t get it! You have the stare for Celestia’s sake, how can it only take seconds for you to come under my control?”

Fluttershy looked back and forth sheepishly. “W-Well, I don’t really control minds, Twilight...I-I just intimidate critters is all…”

“But you force them to stop doing whatever it is they were doing!” Twilight held up the watch again, the chain hanging from her magic. “Now, listen, when I swing this thing, try using the stare, alright?”

Fluttershy gulped, the watch already having somewhat of a trance on her already. “O-Okay.”

“Now, I’m gonna tell you to do something, and whatever you do, don’t do what I say, alright.”

Fluttershy eyes were glued to the pocket watch, her stare not having any effect on helping her. “A-Ah...Alright.”

Twilight sighed, swinging it again. “Okay, on the count of three, sleep.” She narrowed her eyes, already seeing colors in her friend’s eyes, but this didn’t stop her. “One...Two…” Twilight could already see that Fluttershy’s eyes were barely open, with a sad sigh, she said, “Three…”

*THUNK*

Twilight facehoofed as her friend’s head fell to the floor, her eyes closed and her mouth open with a tongue sticking out the side. “Come on, Fluttershy! That time it only took four seconds!” Twilight’s only response was her friend’s snoring.

“What’s the record?”

Twilight turned to the door, seeing Spike coming inside the library. “Spike, the best she’s done is seven seconds! SEVEN!” She flipped through the pages of her book again. “T-This shouldn’t be happening, I’ve been telling her everything she’s supposed to do to deal with this!”

Spike walked up to the still sleeping Fluttershy. “Not while she’s in a trance, right?”

Twilight sighed, picking up the watch. “I’ve tried everything! I tried using the spell Starlight used and she fell for that the second I cast it. I tried doing what Discord did and she fell for that just as fast! I even used those dumb tricks Trixie uses on stage, and she STILL fell for it!” Twilight held up the watch, swinging it. “This watch is the only other thing I could think of to help her!”

Spike kept his eyes on the watch, raising an eye at them. “I don’t see how a watch can do this, Twilight?”

“Me neither…” She put it back down, trying to find something else to help her in the book. “At least you’re not like this…”

“Not like what, master?” Spike asked, snickers soon following.

Twilight glared at him. “This is no times for jokes, Spike. I need to teach them about controlling their minds before others do! W-What if Discord does something like this, what if Starlight decides her room is too messy and uses one of them, w-what if Sombra comes back and uses the same thing he used on us!”

Spike scratched his head. “But didn’t we fall for it, too?”

Twilight shook her head. “He just made us see what we feared; not control us, but corrupt us...which would probably lead to control, b-but we were both able to get control over ourselves and not end up like...this!” She pointed at Fluttershy, who was still sleeping soundly.

Spike wasn’t sure if ‘control’ was the right word after what they experienced. “Uh...did you try using that on her?”

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Wha...I-I would never use that kind of magic on my friends! That’s not right!”

“And mind controlling them is?” Spike pointed out.

“I’m not doing this for my own sake, Spike. I’m doing this for them!” She stopped going through the pages of her book and put it down, grabbing another. “They need to learn the dangers of mind control, and if they can’t fight it, then...t-then-”

“Our foes will use them against us and rule over the world?”

Twilight shook her head. “Not just that. But also other ponies doing this to them. I just can’t even imagine what kind of irresponsible things ponies could do to them if they're this easy.” She looked down at Fluttershy, knowing that she had to be conscious for them to continue the lesson. “Anyways, Fluttershy, when I clap my hooves, you’ll wake up.” Twilight did just that, Fluttershy springing back up instantly.

“Did it work, Twilight?” She asked, receiving a deadpan glare from Twilight. “I-I take it that’s a no?”

Twilight looked back at the only friend she knew wasn’t so easy to control. “Spike, can you go tell Starlight to meet me in the main hall?”

Spike saluted. “You got it Twi- I mean, master!” He made his way to the door, failing to keep his laughs in his mouth.

Twilight groaned in sadness while Fluttershy held her hoof up to her mouth. “Oh dear, e-even Spike’s like that too?”

Twilight got up, grabbing a few books in her magical grip. “Come on, Shy, we got more ponies to teach.”

Fluttershy looked away, her mind starting to get a bit hazy. “Uh...T-Twilight, shouldn’t we take a break from all this?”

Twilight put her hoof on the door. “Fluttershy, the foes we might face don’t take breaks, and neither should we!” She opened the door. “Now come on, let's see if Rarity can do this.”

Fluttershy continued sitting, not wanting to come along. “Um...Twilight, c-can I just...go home now, m-maybe some other time we can-” She stopped talking the second Twilight swung the watch in her face.

“Come along, Shy.” Twilight said, feeling a bit bad from doing this.

Fluttershy slowly made her way next to Twilight. The watch not going out of her sight. “Yes, master…”

Twilight took a deep breath, setting the books on her friend’s head. “This is gonna be a long day…”