• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 1,243 Views, 5 Comments

Mlp: The Hero League - crystal_lily



Rainbow Dash finds herself in an accident that changes her life forever

  • ...
3
 5
 1,243

Chapter 1

Soarin sat on his bed, a small cluster of icicles floating above his hand. The big T.V screen in the middle of his room flicked on and the icicles disappeared.

"Ice Man, you're up," a voice on the screen said and the video of a burning house was displayed across the screen. He looked at the corner of the screen at the coordinates and saved then onto the watch on his wrist and walked over to his suit.

It was an ice blue body suit with ice designs on it and the mask floating above it was the same ice blue and had ice outlining it.

He walked into it and the clothes that he was wearing were replaced by the suit. He made his way over to a wall on the far side of his room and pushed a button making the wall rise up. He spread his light blue wings and gave them a strong flap and shot into the air and went as fast as he could to the house.

He soon found it and landed outside. A woman came running up to him and frantically said, "my niece and nephew, they're still in there!"

"I'll get them out, don't worry." He stretched his hands out and ice shot out, freezing the fire covering the door. He ran over and made his way into the house, freezing the fire to help him find his way.

"HELP!" He heard a girl's voice and he quickly went to the source of the sound. He soon came to a room and inside he could see a teenage, rainbow haired girl holding a boy with blue hair who looked about one year old.

"Don't panic, I'm going to get you out." He said in a reassuring voice and attempted to freeze the fire but nothing happened.

"Why isn't it working?" The girl asked, coughing and trying to calm down her brother.

"There's not enough water in the air," he said, getting as close to the fire as he could without hurting himself. He watched as the girl slowly made her way over and held the baby out towards him. Soarin, known as Ice Man to the public, reached out and took the crying boy off her. Right as the exchange was made a piece of flaming wood came crashing down, causing the girl to jump back.

"Don't worry, I'm going to get you out of there," he said, trying to think of how he was going to do that.

"Just forget about me, save Storm!" She shouted as the flames started to surround her.

"Sorry, but I can't leave without you," he said in the calmest voice he could muster.

Right when he thought that he wouldn't be able to save her, he saw something flash across the girls bright magenta eyes. It was a purple wind symbol with a leaf in front of it with fire with a water droplet inside it in front of that. He knew what meant and he instantly relaxed and smiled.

"What are you smiling about I'm about to be burnt to a crisp!" She yelled, throwing her arms out to the side. When she did, the fire around her moved away. She looked around her, eyes wide and mouth open.

She pulled her arms back in and as she did the fire started going after her again.

"Do it again, but more over here." Ice Man said, gesturing to the area in front of him. He watched as the girl took a deep breath and held her arms out in front of her and pushed her hands out to the sides. The fire near the door parted and she didn't hesitate to run right into Soarin's chest.

"You part the fire so we can get out," he ordered. The girl nodded and stepped out in front of him and pushed her arms out to the sides, the fire again parting, leaving a clear path to the exit. They ran down the path, Soarin trying to get his ice powers to work again. Just before they reached the exit Soarin put an arm out in front of the girl and stepped forward and froze the flames near the door.

"You can't let anyone see your powers until we get back to HQ," Soarin stated, seeing the confused look on the teen's face. They made their way out of the house and the girl quickly ran over to her aunt and uncle who embraced her in a strong hug.

"Oh, Rainbow sweetie, you're roasting." The woman said pulling back and holding her hand that appeared burnt from the contact with her niece.

Soarin walked over and handed the man the baby and smiled. He leaned over to the girl and whispered in her ear to run into the forest behind them. She did what she was told and slowly crept away without anyone noticing.

Rainbow ran deep into the forest, keeping her hands in close to her chest to hopefully keep the fire coming out from around them from starting a forest fire. She came to a clearing with a lake in it and ran over and put her hands in the water to stop the fire from going crazy and hurting something. As she put her hands in the water it starting spiraling upwards. She quickly took her hands out and looked at them. The fire was gone, but there was now water in its place, moving around her hands, similar to the water in the lake.

She started to panic but calmed down a tiny bit when a pair of hands grabbed hers and the water came crashing back down into the lake.

"I was going to call you Sparky but then you did that." A familiar voice said with a fake disappointed sigh. Rainbow snapped her head around and her eyes widened when she saw the ice based hero. He looked completely normal minus one thing. His mask.

"What's happening to me?" She asked, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Soarin sighed and sat down next to her, putting a comforting arm around her shoulders. "When you were born, there was a small part of your DNA that was different. It was so small that it went completely unnoticed." He looked at the teenager and smiled when he saw plants slowly crawling up her legs. Rainbow followed his eyes down to her legs and started to panic.

"Get it off, get it off, get it off!" Rainbow screamed whilst trying to shake her legs free.

Soarin laughed and froze an area of the lake behind her in time to catch her when she fell back. "Like I was saying," he began again after he calmed down and stopped laughing. "That bit of DNA was your powers. All heroes have it. It stays small until a certain event in your life makes it grow and gives you powers. For me, I was ice skating with my sister and she was trapped on a bit of ice in the middle of the lake, I ended up freezing the water and discovered my powers. My sister already had a job working at the Hero League so she took me there and I learned to control my powers and got my wings." He explained, wrapping a wing around her.

"So is there anything you want me to call you or?" Rainbow asked out of curiosity.

"Oh, Soarin." He said holding out his hand.Rainbow cautiously took his hand, afraid sin case she might burn him. "Rainbow Dash." She said.

"Rainbow Dash suits you." Soarin complemented looking at her hair.

"Thanks." she replied, blushing.

"We better get going," Soarin said getting up.

"Where?" Rainbow asked, doing the same.

"The Hero League of corse," Soarin smirked, put his hands on her hips and lifted her onto his back, in between his wings. He spread his wings and gave them a powerful flap, sending them both rocketing into the sky with Rainbow clinging onto him for dear life.

Author's Note:

A/N Hi, so this is an idea I had when I was bored and I really liked it so I decided to do this ;P Question I'm a bit stuck on a hero name for Applejack maybe you can help me? Her power is super strength I will decide wich one I like the best and whoever that is I will include one of their ocs as a worker in the Hero League (they won't have any powers, just a job) the jobs your oc can have are, person who sits at a computer all day doing work, equipment designer, trainer (someone the heroes can fight if they need to, like a sparring partner) or a room designer I'm posting this story on fimfiction and wattpad so there will hopefully be entrys from both site. If you win just send me a descrption of your oc and I will put them in the story as much as possible.

Hope you enjoyed bye ~ mini marshmallow