• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,041 Views, 14 Comments

My Shy Little Friend - Living in Equestria - ChromeRegios

  • ...
3
 14
 2,041

Prologue - New Life.

My Shy Little Friend, Season 1

(Equestria Tour)

It’s been two years since my arrival to Equestria, and I still not used to their customs yet. Rob, the father of Rainbow Dash seemed to be already accustomed to the local’s customs… I wished I was fast of learning it as well… I laid on my bed in a room me and Fluttershy built five months ago, since I hated sleeping on a tiny couch every night. It was a bright and sunny say, and there were no clouds in sight. The time however, is 10:03 AM. And I was supposed to buy the groceries this time…
I dragged my lazy self out of bed and went down stairs only to see Fluttershy cooking… Unfortunately, it was her 25th time to cook… and it was only for breakfast!

She was trying so hard, but can’t actually quite get it right at all… All those years living with me back at my home world and helped her to cook never paid off… it was downright silly. I smiled upon her mistakes and just could not stand here and watch her suffer any longer; her last attempt on cooking a simple egg was really awkward and just went over to her to help the poor thing.

“Shy-shy, let me take care of the cooking… is that okay?” I asked her as he turns to face me.

“Uhm, it’s alright daddy… I can handle it…” She said solemnly to me, but I can see through her eyes that she had been doing this the entire morning, and I just can’t let her humiliate herself for trying something she can’t do well. I need to tell her this in a way she won’t think she’s useless or something.

“Uhh… Shy, cooking is not about trying so hard… It’s about how you make it; you’ll just have to believe in yourself that you can cook the very best and delicious thing that only you can make…” I said to her, trying to motivate her instead of discouraging her.

Fluttershy nods and starts from scratch… but after fifteen times and hours later… she destroyed all the ingredients she could get her hooves on… even Angel is disappointed, after seeing her making water explode… How can she even do that?
Fluttershy breaks down crying and kneels before the table. “I-I can’t do anything right!” She sobs as she flies to me for an embrace... As I comfort her on her “tragic” failure.

“Come on, Shy. Don’t worry, I’ll teach you everything I know about cooking… the same thing that my father used to tech me every time I’m in my barrio.” I reassuringly said to her as she wipes her eyes with her hooves.

“R-really?” She sobbingly asked.

“Of course, after all… my father is the best cook I know of!” I said to her; bringing off my father’s reputation as the best cook in my family when he was still alive.

“C-can I ask a question, daddy?” She asked.

“Sure thing…” I said as I put her down at the floor.

“What’s a “barrio”?” She asked while tilting her head…

I gave myself a face palm for forgetting that she doesn’t live in Philippines at all, let alone learn the language of “Tagalog” Or “Ilocano”.

So, I gave her a very discreet but very long discussion about my barrio and my entire family history that she didn’t know of…
Along the way of my conversation with her I thought her how to speak my own language each has its own meaning and use… from the simplest words to the most hardest word on which such as her won’t even know what it means unless you have learned them all together. I knew by bringing this up it will take me a LOT of effort for her to learn it.
It was already past noon when I realized, I spent nearly half of the day teaching her my literature that I forgot to make breakfast for me and hers nor even had the time to make lunch!

“Alright Shy-shy, let’s take a break for now. Why don’t you tend to your animals for a while and I’ll go out to buy some food for both of us, okay?” I asked her kindly, which she simply nods and smiles back to me.

As she went out, my mind begins to wander out. Ever since I left my world, I keep wondering what my dear sister is doing right now… I was two years in this world already, if what they all say is true about the time lapse from here to my world, it might have been over fifty years there or more… She’s probably as old as my uncle Milo is when he was fifty…

I shook my head and tried to put that thought behind me for a while as I go on a much important matter at hand… Buying some food…

I grabbed some bits with me and went out of Fluttershy’s cottage, outside I saw her pet rabbit Angel sitting on a tree and eating an apple.

“Hello there, Angel!” I called out to him, he took a glance and waves back then he returns his focus on eating that apple… I never thought he was this so carefree, nothing to worry in the world at all… Shy must have made his head bigger and bigger which made him so spoiled. But if I ever see him pick on my Shy-Shy, he’s gonna get such a yelling… not a typical forgiveful Fluttershy attitude, no, but some old fashioned Philippine verbal assault.

As I walked over to town, I saw Rob was going out of Sugar Cube Corner, finishing up his grocery shopping.
“Hey, Rob!” I called out to him. “Are there any cupcakes left?”

“Sorry Chris. But I just bought the whole thing…” He replied while looking back at the shop.

“Aw man, I was hoping to eat something sweet today… Just my luck…” I said with a groan.

“I’ll share my cupcakes if you like…” He said offering me some of his, but because of my self asteem, I refused his offer.

“That’s okay, Rob. I’ll just buy some muffins instead.”

“Well you better hurry… you know how Derpy is when it comes to muffins…” He said with a chuckle.

“Yeah, her eyes might be wrong… but her heart and appetite is in the right place…” I laugh along with him. After the conversation, we parted ways as I enter the shop.

Pinkie was tending with two customers and was quite fast on her service… the two soon leaves as it was finally my turn.

“Hi, Chrissy!” She greeted.

“Hi Pinkie… I thought I told you not to call me Chrissy, it’s a girl’s name.” I said with a funny look on my face.

“Aww, but it sounds cute!” She claims as she gave me a sweet smile.

I sighed at this, knowing she’s hard to come by and will just call me by that nickname every now and then… “Any way, still got
some muffins left?” I asked the jittery pink pony.

“You’re in luck!” She said while going down the counter top. “We just baked a whole new batch!” Pinkie grabbed a bag real quick like, and puts in a dozen of them. “That’ll be five bits!”

“There you go…” I handed over to her the said amount and took the bag.

“So Crissy… How’s your time with Shy? Are things going well?” She asked.

“Its fine I guess… Some rough times in the past, but I think I managed to overcome those…”

“Oh, that’s good to hear…” She said, as she cleans the counter top.

Ever since I explained to her about the show and the fact that they were being watched by people like me back in my world… she seems to accept that fact. And for some reason she’s slightly not random and aren’t breaking the barriers of the fourth wall anymore. I think I’m afraid that I changed her personality a bit which the fans of the show might hate me for it… I just hope that the she’s not changed in that show or I really am in a heap of trouble.

“Well, I better get going. I need to drop by the quill and sofa shop… Shy’s quill is almost worn out.” I said to Pinkie.

“Okay, take care Chrissy!” Pinkie waves goodbye as I left the store.
After having receiving greetings with the ponies getting all necessary things. I finally went to my last task at hand… getting apples on Applejacks farm.

As I was heading towards the barn, my mind soon wanders again. When I first announced my stay at Ponyville, Celestia at first refused for me to stay… She said about balance and order, but I never really listened. Shy begged for me to stay, while Rob and Dash did the same…

With much deliberation, she decided to let me stay…
I never forgot that time when I was announced as the new resident of Ponyville… It was the happiest moment of both Fluttershy and me.

Without noticing, I was already at Applejack’s barn door… I almost went face first on the door, stopping merely an inch before my face connects with the huge red door. I backed up a bit to give myself space and knocked at the door… Big Mac soon answers my knock.

“Oh, hello Big Mac. Is Applejack here?” I asked him politely.

“Eeeyup.” He simply said. He never changed a bit… still a man, or should I say a Stallion of few words…

“Can you call her for me?” I asked him again.

“Eeeyup.” He responded and went back inside. I was wondering how he would call her sister… Is he gonna “Eeeyup” her to
answer the door? Thinking that made me laugh on that awkward imagination.

“Is there somethin’ funny sugar cube?” Applejack said I she was nearly none to nose with me. I jerked back startled by her unknown presence falling back first on the ground. I accidentally tossed up the bought muffins and the quill to the air. Without thinking I immediately stood up and catches the bag of muffins and the quill before it even hit the ground and maintaining a stance like the one “Dante Sparda” did when he was catching something. Watching too much of anime, and games made me almost feel free to do those movements here.

“Woah, that’s som’ fancy foot work ya got there, Christian.” Applejack remarks at my actions.

“Uhh… thanks I think…” Was the only thing I said in response on her comment.

“So anyway, what brings ya here ta good ol’ Sweet Apple Acres, Christian?” She asked curiously.

“Oh, yes. I’m here for Fluttershy’s Apples…” I answered.

“Well wha’ didn’t ya say so earlier… Ah got it right here!” She soon brings out a crate of red luscious Apples.

“Great… how much do I owe you?” I asked as I reached in for my bag of bits.

“Just give me ‘bout ten bits fer the apples, Chris.” She said smilingly. I gave the said amount to her. “Much obliged and thank
you Chris.”

“You know… your prices here are all… well… cheaper than back in my world.” I said to her, striking a conversation with her as
well…

“Really? How much is a crate of apples in yer world, if ah may ask?”

“Well basically, a crate there cost nearly three hundred pesos, or so.” I replied.

“Tha’ much?!” She asked surprisingly.

“Yeah, basically the people back there are all greedy… they don’t care the well being of others and just care about themselves… the prices there are horrible… like… A muffin or cupcake there cost seven pesos for just one. If you buy a
dozen, just multiply the amount of one cupcake to seven…”

“Eighty four?” She said even more surprised.

“Yeah, that’s how greedy we can get…” I said, speaking the horrid truth back home…

“Compared here, this place is more peaceful and harmonious… rather than my world filled with war and corruption.” I said,
nearly crying on that fact and the thought that I left my sister there alone.

“Ahm sorry ta here that sugar cube…” She said, feeling sad for my history in my own world.

“I’m sorry to say those to you of all ponies…” I said to her picking up the crate and the bag of muffins.

“It’s okay, its good ta tell me the truth…” Applejack said smilingly, as I smiled at her in return.

“Thanks… for accepting the likes of me here…” I said to her with my mind at ease for the time being.

“No problem… now ya better run along now, don’t want Fluttershy ta get worried now…” She said with a nudge on my shoulder.

“Alright, take care AJ!” I said to her and left.

“Y’all take care too, Chris!” She yelled and waved at me goodbye.

It was late afternoon when I got back to the cottage… I would have gone earlier that day, but because I woke up and teached Shy about my language, and went to buy stuff in 1:49 in the afternoon it won’t surprise me if I got home late… I sighed and went inside.

“Shy-shy! I’m home!” I called out, as she tackle hugs me to the ground. I managed to put the stuff down before she did that, or else it would have been a mess.

“Where have you been, Dad? I was so worried!” She said as she hugged me tight.

“I just went to buy some stuff… you know. Uhh… I bought some muffins…” I said to her as she breaks the hug.

“I thought you left me…” She said while looking through my eyes.

“No, no… why would I do that? I’m here and always will be… forever.” I said to her assuring that I will be with her till the end of time. “Now, how about we have an early dinner, shall we?” I said to her which she responded with a nod…
After our dinner, I immediately sent Fluttershy to bed, knowing she had been working hard all afternoon… Besides the failed attempts on making breakfast. She complies and went straight to bed, while I was left to deal with the dishes…

That night, as I laid in bed images from the past slowly comes back to haunt my visions. Those bad dreams, my sister... my home... my parents. Hatefully as I admit it, but I'm starting to miss it all... A part of my mind said that I should have never left home... While my other thoughts said it's best to that I have left that cursed world of mine...

These thoughts kept coming back every night, that I can no longer bare it. I screamed on the top of my lungs, accidentally woke up the sleeping Fluttershy, she ran across her room and went to check up on me.

"Dad! Whats wrong, what happened?!" She said in a worried state. I looked at her face and saw that she was panting and sweating... I didn't know ponies could sweat just like what I was seeing... then again, this is an another world.

"It's fine Shy... I just~ just had a bad dream that's all..." I lied.

"O-oh okay~ uhm... c-can I sleep with you dad?" She asked, still quite shaken from my shout earlier.

I smiled and gave a nod. She floats over me and goes into my covers... then made her way to my side as she cuddles with me. It was a comforting moment for me and Shy. But beneath this feeling lies the nightmares and thoughts of my days back on earth.

I need to forget them...

I need to move on...

But the question is... How?