• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 3,060 Views, 587 Comments

Memoir of Misery - Silvak



With her memories returning, Sapphire has to endure the mystery of why she is receiving visions of monsters that Equestria never seen before, as she continues to try to make a new life for herself while searching for her old one.

  • ...
7
 587
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter LVIII: Hyperactive (unedited)

“And then I saw the thing with massive yellow eyes staring at me, before I somehow ended back with Veritas. If what I seen was true, I’m starting to wonder if I’m going crazy!”

“I don’t think encountering other versions of yourself in your mind could be considered going crazy, though those eyes do present a matter that Luna should know about. Have you contacted her about it?” Twilight asked as she and Sapphire were sitting at a booth at the Sugarcube Corner. Sapphire had ordered five stacks of pancakes with a jug of milk, drawing attention from the restaurant’s customers, but whether it is due to her being an alicorn or her still ridiculous appetite, she couldn’t tell. Twilight, on the other hoof, was just having a coffee since she had breakfast before Sapphire came knocking on her door with a need to talk to her.

“I already sent her a letter about it, and she quickly replied, telling me to avoid any attempts at recovering my memories on my own or entering that part of my mind without her protection. Considering that the door with the runes on it gives me the shivers for just thinking about it, I’ll heed her advice and not follow any of Veritas schemes. If she wants to help me, she better tell me what she knows and just that,” Sapphire stated before stuffing another pancake into her mouth.

“That would be the best course of action since who would know better than the guardian of the dream realm herself,” Twilight agreed as she was taking notes on everything Sapphire was telling before taking a sip of her coffee. “I wish I knew how to dream walk like Princess Luna, since it sounds like your mind could be one of the most complicated ones she had ever encountered, no offense.”

Rolling her eyes, Sapphire said, “None taken, since I’m pretty certain that I could get lost in my own head if I tried to explore into on my own.”

As Sapphire was pouring more syrup over her remaining pancakes, Twilight looked up at Sapphire from her notes as she asked, “Wait... have you ever thought about learning some magic from Princess Luna? Maybe she can even teach you how to use dream magic so you’re ready in case you encounter something in your mind like your reflections, or whatever possesses those eyes you saw.”

Pausing in the midst of dropping a pancake into her mouth, Sapphire replied, “That’s such a good idea, why didn’t I think up something like that. Or why didn’t Luna thought of that herself?”

“Do remember that Princess Luna has duties of her own to attend to, such as safeguarding the dream realm as well as running your court in Vanhoover until you are ready. I doubt that such a thought would cross her mind when she’s busy enough as is,” Twilight explained.

Blinking for a brief moment, Sapphire replied, “Oh... I didn’t thought about that. Though that only reaffirms my desire to not be a princess.”

Hearing Pinkie’s bouncing footsteps, Sapphire turned to the mare to see her carrying a tray of cupcakes on her head as she gave them all a cheerful smile. “Hey, Sapphire, want some cupcakes?” Pinkie asked as she held the tray right below Sapphire’s nose, allowing her to get a word of the smell of freshly baked cupcakes.

Raising an eyebrow, Sapphire replied, “Pinkie, when do I ever say no to more food?”

“When the princesses are ready to smack them out of your hooves, silly,” Pinkie answered with a giggle, causing not only Sapphire but Twilight to blink owlishly at her.

"That is... oddly specific yet not wrong," Sapphire stated as she stared at Pinkie, while her hoof reached out to grab a cupcake before putting it into her mouth.

"Well, if I were to think of something you would normally do that the princesses would think is unprincess like, than it would be how you eat since you eat so much food at one time that I don't think even Princess Celestia could do, even when she's the biggest pony I ever seen! And since you're being taught to be a princess, I bet that the Royal Sisters are smacking your hooves when you're not eating properly and saying something like, 'Sapphire, that isn't how a princess is suppose to eat! They eat using forks and spoons, not stuffing food into their mouths!' And then you would be all sad and not having a fun time since you like to eat, especially the sweet stuff. Then one of the princesses would be like ‘you have to be a princess, everypony expects you to be, especially the nobles!’ And then you do it cause while you don’t want to be a princess, you do it cause deep down you do it for your clan!” Pinkie exclaimed as Sapphire and Twilight shared a look.

Leaning over to Sapphire, Twilight whispered, “At least you don’t have too much ‘Pinkieness’ since you live in Vanhoover.”

Whispering back, Sapphire said, “That’s what you think. Turns out that one of the other clans have a pony that reminds me of Pinkie.”

Twilight looked at Sapphire in surprise at that statement, her mouth opening to say something when somepony called out, “There you are, Sapphire!”

Ears folding against her head as her pupils shrunk, Sapphire croaked out, “You got to be kidding me...” as she turned to look at the direction of the voice. Seeing that her fears were confirmed as Skyward had stepped inside the bakery, Sapphire whispered to Twilight, “Run for you life!”

“Huh? Why?” Twilight asked with a bewildered look before having her attention drawn to Pinkie suddenly drawing in a large intake of air.

“New pony!” Pinkie cried out as she rushed the stallion. Grabbing his hoof, Pinkie exclaimed, “Hi there! My name is Pinkie Pie, what’s yours? And how do you know Sapphire? Are you one of her fans when she was a model? A member of one of her clans? One of her subjects? Her long lost brother? Do you like cupcakes? And welcome to Ponyville!”

Smiling widely in return, Skyward replied, “My name is Skyward Mist, and it is a pleasure to meet you, Pinkie Pie! And I’m a member of the Trinakas clan! Though you got me to wonder if Princess Sapphire has a long lost brother now. Would that make him an alicorn too since Sapphire is one? Would trust mean he’ll be Equestria’s first alicorn prince? Would he meet up with Princess Celestia or Princess Luna and fall in love with them? Would they become a king and queen if they marry? Would there be alicorn foals? Yes, I do like cupcakes, can I have some?”

“Yupperoonie! Have some of my ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ cupcakes!” Pinkie answered as she pulled out a tray of cupcakes.

Grabbing one of the cupcakes without even questioning where Pinkie got them from, Skyward popped it into his mouth before his pupils widen as a look of joy overtook his face. “These cupcakes are the best I ever had!” Skyward stated, matching Pinkie in speaking speed before tossing the rest of the cupcakes into his gaping maw.

“I... I... How is there a pony that can talk as fast as Pinkie,” Twilight muttered out in dismay.

“Hey, think you can teleport us out of here?” Sapphire asked as she hoped that the pair would remain distracted by each other.

Finishing off the cupcakes by stuff the last four into his mouth, Skyward made an audible gulping sound as he swallowed his food before saying, “Hey, what kinds of foods you baked? Are they as good was these cupcakes, cause then you’re the best baker I have ever meet! Is there a special ingredient? Is it syrup? Apples? Grape jelly? Are these cupcakes Sapphire’s favorite food? Oh! How long did you knew Sapphire? Are you best friends with her?”

“Well... that would be a bit rude if I teleported us out of here... and you do have to pay for the bill...” Twilight answered as she looked at Skyward with a bit of unease in her expression.

“Fine, but maybe you should leave before Skyward goes fifty questions on you too,” Sapphire pointed out as she looked at the hyperactive pair, where Pinkie was already firing off a stream of answers alongside her own questions. However, Sapphire then spotted Mrs. Cake leaning her head out to investigate what had caused Pinkie to talking far more than she normally would. Waving at Mrs. Cake in order to draw her closer, Sapphire said, "How many bits I owe you?" while pulling out a bag of bits.

"Umm... nothing at all princess! It's on the ho—" Mrs. Cake started to say until Sapphire raised a hoof while letting out a sigh.

"Please, Mrs. Cake. You knew me before I became a princess, so please treat me like that customer that came here from time to time to enjoy your sweets," Sapphire said as her eyes darted at the two hyperactive ponies that were still busy with one another.

Biting her lip for a moment, Mrs. Cake finally relented as she said, "Alright... that would be twenty five bits for the pancakes and cupcakes," before she held out a hoof to collect the bits.

Nodding, Sapphire took some bits out of the bag, putting them into Mrs. Cake's hoof before looking at Twilight, saying, "Get ready to teleport us out of he—" before being interrupted as Skyward tackled her, pinning her to the wall as he smiled at her.

"Sorry I forgot about you, Sapphire! But I was so excited by Pinkie and the food she bakes! Have you tried her pumpkin muffins or her cherrymint cupcakes? Oh! Before I forget, the last clan representative is coming over to visit you tomorrow. Do you think we should set up a huge party for his arrival?" Skyward stated as Pinkie let out a gasp from beside him.

"You mean another new pony is coming to Ponyville‽ That means I can throw a party tomorrow too! This is so exciting! Do you know what their favorite cake flavor is, Skyward? Do they like pies, or streamers?" Pinkie asked as she threw streamers into the air.

As Skyward was about to answer Pinkie, Sapphire stuffed a hoof into his mouth as she said, "Now wait a moment, did you said the last clan representative is coming here tomorrow? When I'm on vacation?" before she pulled her hoof out.

Nodding rapidly, Skyward answered, "Yup yup! They arrived just two days ago at Vanhoover, but upon learning from Princess Luna that you're vacationing here in Ponyville, they decided to come here as soon as possible, so they'll be arriving here by train!"

"They? Didn't you meet this clan representative to make certain that it isn't some random pony that just want a personal audience with Sapphire?" Twilight asked as she frown at the thought.

"Oh, yes I did! And let me tell you, they one cr—" Skyward started to answer before Twilight raised her hoof to interrupt him.

"If you met them, why don't you let us know their gender with a he or a she?" Twilight asked with a frown.

"Oh, cause that would spoil the surprise of meeting them! I rather keep everypony guessing so that it would be a game to figure out what kind of pony this pony is when they arrive tomorrow!" Skyward stated while raising his hooves up into the air as a kind of cheer, something that Pinkie mimicked with a giggle. "But I will give you one little hint about this pony!"

Resisting the urge to facehoof at Skyward's antic, Sapphire asked, "And just what is this hint, Skyward?"

"Oh, that this pony is weird, and I mean really weird! But not in the bad way, just in the weird way that makes you think they're weird, you know what I mean? I don't want to say anymore cause that would completely ruin the surprise!" Skyward exclaimed, causing Sapphire and Twilight to exchange a glance at one another.

"Well... I don't have anything... against... weird..." Sapphire started to say as her pupils started to widen as she began to realize something. If Skyward, a pony that reminded her of Pinkie, said that this clan representative was weird, then that could mean anything in regards to just how weird this pony could be. Something that made Sapphire fold her ears against her head as she began to dread the thought of meeting this mystery pony.

PreviousChapters Next