• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 10 Comments

Him who walked alone - -Snackrifice-



A immortal being, walking, observing, always there. He lived through civilisation, always watching and never stopping. Not a lot noticed him and his life was pretty boring. Until he found them.

  • ...
0
 10
 762

A chase often leads to meeting new people... right?

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place six years after the end of the first one.

Years have passed since I woke up into this new world. I've discovered quite a lot of things during my journey around the world. For example, creature that the human race considered as mythology like griffin, hydras and sphinx exist here. How ironic...

Another thing is the strange mark on both of my flanks picturing the world. I literally had a planet on my butt. It was also moving, or at least the clouds were. I did noticed that at someplace in the world, the clouds were moving in a irregular pattern. Like something or someone was controlling them. Quite strange if you asked me. Sadly, I've yet to visit that place since there was just so much new things to explore and see!

I also found the fact that I could grow wings! Or a horn. Never the two at the same time which is a shame, but it was still awesome. Sadly, I did not know how to fly and my horn seemed pretty useless. I tried poking things with it but it seems that the horn itself is quite sensitive and that experiment only ended up in pain. I think that pain is the only thing I can't tolerate, and in my long life, I have seen a lot of stupid things that would make a normal living being explode in rage. Actually, pain and nobles are the things I can't stand. The majority of nobles from practically every specie ever are self-centered prick.

I sadly have met no others like me. I met griffins and two or three minautors but no horses. I was still determined on finding them because if I was one, there must be others.

Little did I know that I was about to make a very important discovery.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

I had been walking in a forest for three days now, finding two new avian species and one new type of plant. A carnivorous plant. That actually eats people. Like horses. I was a bit scared because while I could not die from anything (if being blown up by the sun and coming back to life wasn't clear enough), pain was still something I could feel. I am pretty sure that being eaten alive is not pain free and I do not wish to experience that.

As I kept walking in the forest, still looking for new things I heard a something behind me. I as turned around, the creature growled at me. I understood that it was agressive and talking would do nothing useful. I was now looking at it, or rather I was looking at them. a pack of six wolves, all of them made of wood and leaves and bigger than me. The bigger one, probably the alpha, was a good five or six meters high.

I slowly started to back away from them, a small step backward after the other, hoping to gain whatever distance I could before the inevitable chase through the forest. Unfortunately, one of the smaller one, he probably got just old enough the hunt with the pack, saw me. He let out a bark and a growl at me, signaling the others about what I was trying to do. As the alpha took one step towards me, I turned around and ran, hoping to escape the pain that being torn apart by giant wolves would bring.

The forest floor and the trees were not helping me. I, unlike the predators behind me, was used to slowly walking and never looking exactly where I put my feet. Well, today it's my hooves but still. While I had a lot of practice when it came to running away from dangerous creature, the human world made me a little lazy. They always tried to make everything as safe as possible, killing a lot of the dangerous predator. That did not help me stay in shape at all.

Jump over a root, roll under the second one and try to not trip on the fallen tree branch as you get up. And no matter what you do, KEEP RUNNING!

The wolves were gaining on me. I mean, it's kind of obvious that they would but I was hoping for a bit more time. I saw one in the corner of my eye, running and from time to time, looking at me. While I was looking at him, I didn't see the tree's root and tripped, sending me rolling down a hill. The wooden giants jumped and slides down to follow me after a small moment of hesitation.

I got on my hooves and restarted running. This time, I could feel one of the wolves right behind me. Suddenly, there was no trees anymore. I could see the blue sky in all of it's glory with clouds and the giant flaming ball of death than brings so much diversity in my life. There was also no more ground and I was falling. A bit panicked, I looked behind me only to see that the wooden wolves stopped chasing me. They were simply standing at the edge of the pit, looking at me go down. I then proceeded to look down ans I saw a lake. A small and seemingly rocky lake under a waterfall.

This was going to hurt.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

I swam out of the water, my body slowly healed itself and closed the wounds and the big hole I had in my stomach. Turns out a 40 meters fall into a lake with lots of big and sharp rocks is a bad idea if your primary goal is to avoid pain. The water of the river next to the lake was red because of how much blood I lost. I was really lucky that my injuries healed themselves faster than any normal being, it wouldn't be fun to walk around with a bleeding hole in my stomach. A long, LONG time ago, when I became a agressive creature's meal, I discovered that I don't need blood to stay alive. If I lose 90% of it I pass out but otherwise I'm completely fine.

As I did a combination of walking and crawling to get away from the body of water, I heard someone talk.

"Who are you? What are you doing here and how did you survive that fall?" Asked the mysterious voice.

"I'm just a traveler passing through. I fell because a bunch of wolves chased and tried to eat me," I answered. "Can I turn around? Or are you just going to attack me if I do?"

"You didn't answered my question! And yes, you can turn around, I won't try to harm you."

When I turned to look at who I was talking to, a saw a small and white and pink manned filly with a another smaller and blue filly cowering behind. I couldn't believe it, after six years of searching I finally found another one, or rather two other ones, like me.

"To answer your question, It takes a lot to kill me and injuries don't like me, so they go away extremely quickly. My turn now, what do two little fillies like you are doing all alone here?"

"Are you trying to say we can take care of ourselves?" Shouted the white one. She seemed like the older sister, if both of them were sisters that is.

I quickly corrected her "oh no, I'm not implying that at all, I was just wondering if there was more... horses like us nearby."

"Horses? I thought we were ponies? At least that's what the others said," answered the blue 'pony'.

"Luna's right mister. We're ponies. And my name is Celestia, this is my sister. Say hello Luna." Said Celestia. Shyly, the younger sister obeyed and said a cute but practically inaudible "hello mister."

"Well hello Luna, hello Celestia! Could I perhaps sleep at your side tonight? It's the first time I see other ponies and I'd like to talk more with you but the sun is already going down."

"Sure you can! Us ponies have to stay united against all the predators out there ready to eat us. But tomorrow, you have to answer questions alright?" said Celestia.

"Sure why not? We can ask and answers each other's question! I have some of my own that I have been dying for some answers."

I then looked at both of their faces only to see a look of horror. I then clarified :

"Not literally dying of course, it's a figure of speech."