• Published 27th Nov 2016
  • 432 Views, 17 Comments

Daring Do Adventures: Daring Do And The Raiders Of Atlantis - XombieSlayr



Daring Do embarks on a mysterious adventure to find the legendary lost city of Atlantis, and uncover the secrets her father left behind on his expedition before his disappearance.

  • ...
 17
 432

Chapter 3: "Legends and Truths."

Chapter 3: "Legends and Truths."

Daring was back in her office at Canterlot University, packing several satchels with supplies she needed for her trip to Iceland. Thoughts of excitement raced through her mind, as she folded up a map of the North Atlantic and put it into her bag.

Atlantis. The legendary lost city, that probably every pony in the world knew the story of. Her dad had gone looking for it, and now she was following his trail to find him. She had gone after a lot of mythical treasures and artifacts in her day, But Atlantis was in its own category among all of them. She had never gone after anything this big before.

But then another thought popped into her head.

What if she actually found her father there? Maybe he had found the city, but he had been trapped in it when he tried to escape! What if he had been waiting all this time for someone to find and rescue him?

What if he had planned everything like this? So he could be reunited with his daughter?

Daring was brought out of her thoughts by Herpy, who walked into her office with two mugs of coffee. He stopped, seeing Daring packing her bags.

"Um, going somewhere?" He asked with a weak smile.

Daring smiled at him as she took down a few books from her shelf and put them in her bag.

"Yep. Iceland."

"ICELAND!?"

Herpy caught himself before he dropped the coffee in his surprise.

"W-Why are you going to Iceland? And what happened with Professor Atlas?"

Daring packed another spare adventurer shirt as she answered.

"Oh, I met her. She's a little quirky, but shes also really smart! We're heading to Iceland to find this pony my dad had looking for Plato's Lost Dialogue."

Herpy's eyes went wide. "P-Plato's Lost Dialogue?!"

Daring looked over at him. "I...take it you've heard of it?"

Herpy calmed himself.

"Plato's Lost Dialogue is one of the most coveted historical tomes in recorded history, Probably every historian in the world knows about it!" He explained.

"Plato wrote at least eleven dialogues on several subjects, the arts, agriculture,medicine, science. But the last one he ever wrote, was never found: The Lost Dialogue, so to speak."

Daring smiled. "Yeah, that's the one he wrote when he found Atlantis."

Herpy gave a nervous chuckle. "We'll that's what the legend says, at least. But it's never been proven that Plato ever wrote a twelfth dialogue! That's why its dismissed as a myth!"

Daring chuckled. "Welp, we'll see how much of a myth it is, when I bring it back for every pony to see!"

"And you think it's in Iceland?"

Daring thought for a moment. "Well, the guy who was supposed to find it is. And if he didn't, maybe he can point us in the right direction."

Herpy looked concerned as he sat the coffee down on Daring's desk. "Are you sure about this, Daring? That's an awfully long way to go just to talk to someone."

Daring loaded her bags onto her back.

"Yeah, but this someone, could lead us to Atlantis! Not only that but, he may know where I can find my father!"

"Daring-

"What if he's in Atlantis, Herpy? What if he got trapped down there, and needs me to come rescue him?"

"I get that your concerned, but-

"Plus! It's Atlantis, for Celestia's sake. If I'd managed to bring back even a rock from Atlantis, Mazra will flip right out of her chair!"

Daring and Herpy both laughed.

They looked at one another.

Daring smiled. "You know you can come with me, right?"

"Oh, no! I-I couldn't,I-

"Why not? You were stuck here the whole time, when we went to Kamara Mista! I'd thought you'd want to at least go and see Atlantis."

Herpy looked at the ground.

"I can't swim."

"Oh."

"Heh, well I mean it's not like were going to be swimming down there! It's at the bottom of the ocean, we'll probably just get a submarine or something."

Herpy looked surprised. "Where in Equestria, are you going to get a Submarine?"

Daring shrugged. "I don't know...Coco?"

"You think Coco has a submarine?"

Daring chuckled. "Coco has everything, Herpy."

She suddenly looked at the clock above her desk.

"Speaking of Coco, I've got to get over to her stall and get a plane for me and Professor Atlas! Oh, and Professor Atlas will be here tomorrow morning, so I'll need you to unlock my door for her. In case I get jumped or something."

"What?? Why would you get jumped?"

"Well, c'mon Herpy it's Atlantis. There's got to be some evil or malevolent force out there that wants to find Atlantis and use its secrets for their own nefarious purposes! It's Treasure Hunting 101!"

Herpy looked confused, but agreed anyway. "So, when will you be back?"

Daring thought for a moment. "We'll Iceland is a good two thousand miles away, and we'll probably need to stop to refuel on the way."

"Also seeing as how were looking for an ancient lost civilization, that has never been found in the thousands of years its legend has been told, all based from cryptic clues that my father wrote in his journal years ago, that alludes to how we need to first find a legendary manuscript written by a long dead philosopher, that most of the scientific world dismisses as a myth, I'd say...."

"Four weeks?" She said finally.

Herpy blinked, then laughed.

"We'll it's not like you can't handle it."

"That's right. Just another adventure, and another treasure to be found, right?"

"Right."

Daring smiled and opened her door. She turned back to Herpy.

"If you change your mind about coming with us, just let me know tomorrow, okay?"

"I-I really don't think I'm capable of going along on an adventure like this."

"Oh, come on! Your only other option is to stay here, and file books or whatever."

"W-Well, actually-

"Come on, Herpy! You'd be a huge help on this, I know it."

Herpy seemed unsure of what to say. He shuffled his hooves anxiously, as he usually did we he was unsure of something.

Daring glanced back at the clock. "I gotta head to Coco's. Just think about it, and let me know tomorrow, okay?

"Y-Yeah. Alright."

Daring turned to leave. "Later, Herpy! See you tomorrow!"

With that Daring left her office, leaving Herpy standing there, unsure of what he should do.


Daring hurried down the hall. But as she passed the headmaster's office, she stopped.

She had noticed someone in the room, talking to Mazra. It looked rather serious.

Daring took a few steps back and peeked in through the cracked door.

Mazra was sitting patiently at her desk, while a tall and burly looking white unicorn in a pleated suit and tie was eyeing her rather harshly.

"Please, headmaster be reasonable." He said, speaking in a manner that Daring immediately pegged as that of a gangster's.

Mazra looked plainly at him, her eyes seemingly scanning him. "I am being reasonable Mr. Heypony. What's unreasonable, is you barging in here, asking for information on one of my faculty!" She exclaimed.

Mr. Heypony dropped his facade, as he glared at Mazra.

"Now, you listen here-

Mazra stood up from her chair.

"No! You listen, Mr. Heypony. I don't care who you work for, I don't take threats or bribes, and I am not telling you a single earthly thing about one of my most respected professors!" Mazra's eyes were cranked up to full power as she stared down the thuggish unicorn.

Mazra sat back down, and adjusted her half moon spectacles, "If you or your boss, want to know so badly about Ms. Do's profession, then I suggest you look elsewhere."

She glared at Heypony.

"Because your not getting anything from me, and you will not be getting anything from her either. I assure you of that, Mr. Heypony."

Heypony sat silently for a moment.

Mazra smiled politely. "Now, if you'd be so kind as to let yourself out, or should I have security come and escort you?"

Mr. Heypony glared at her, But Mazra was unphased.

He stood up and straightened his tie. "There's no need for that, ma'am. I'll be going."

He marched to Mazra's door, making Daring jump back. But he turned to Mazra again.

"But, my boss won't be happy about this."

Mazra glanced over to him. "I could care less, if your boss is angry or not, Mr. Heypony." she said plainly.

A strange smile crept over the unicorn's face. "Oh, but you will, headmaster. You will."

Daring had hidden behind the corner, as Heypony came out of Mazra's office and hurried down the far hall.

As she looked back to make sure the coast was clear, her mind swarmed with a million thoughts.

"So, somepony else is after Atlantis." She thought.

"And whoever they are, they know that I'm looking for it. Do they know about professor Atlas too?"

Daring thought for a moment. if they had tried to get information about her from Mazra, then odds are they were gonna be going after professor Atlas too!

There wasn't a moment to lose, Daring had to hurry over to Coco's, then warn the professor, before it was too late!

Bewildered students ducked out of the way, as Daring Do raced down the hall and out of the school heading towards the town square, where her friend Coco had set up shop.