• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 2,938 Views, 84 Comments

My Mother - MailleMaker



A sad/happy story of how Scootaloo finds her mom.

  • ...
6
 84
 2,938

Found

The first thing that Scootaloo noticed when she woke up was the almost overwhelming smell of herbs. Where am I?! she thought wildy to herself. "Where am I?" she groaned out loud.

"You are at my home Scootaloo, I brought you here after over your handle bars you flew," said a kind, familiar voice,

"You happened to take quite a tumble, What is it that caused you to stumble?"

"Oh, Zecora, I'm glad it's just you," said the little orange pegasus, "I was being chased by something and I didn't notice a root in the pathway and I hit it with my scooter." Then rubbing her sore head and finding a goose egg, she grimaced as a throbbing gave way to a full blast headache which made her cry out in pain as dizziness hit her in its fullest.

Zecora walked over to her and handed her a mug of greenish liquid, and seeing Scootaloo's puzzled look, explained, "Only some tea for an aching head, Either that or you'll need to stay in bed.

"I guess I'd better just take the tea, I'm leaving Ponyville and I don't want anypony to find me," said Scootaloo as she looked at the tea.

"Is there a reason for this flight? Maybe a family fight?

"Bu-but how did you know about my family?" sputtered Scootaloo with an shocked look on her face.

"I was there when you were born my dear, I helped your mother through quite a bit of fear." Then turning serious, Zecora looked at Scootaloo with a gaze that made her squirm. Rainbow Dash loves you Scootaloo, Maybe you should give her a chance and love her too. If you leave, you cannot perceive, how much hurt Rainbow Dash will receive."

After taking a drink of the tea and finding it to taste pretty good, Scootaloo sighed. "I trusted Rainbow Dash, when she told me that I was her daughter, well, it really shook my trust. I can't trust her to not hide anything else from me.''

"Only you know you know you, Just be careful in what you decide to do. I am not the one to boss you around, But, do you really not want to be found? After you finish the tea you are free to go, Where? Only you know.

Scootaloo took one last drink of her "green" tea before standing up. "Thank you for your kindness Zecora, you gave me a lot to think about," she said, politely closing the door behind herself. Now, what should I do?"

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was frantically flying over Ponyville, so distracted by trying to find Scootaloo, that she didn't notice Fluttershy hovering in front of her.

"Oooof-"

"I'm so sorry Fluttershy, I didn't see you there. Scootaloo freaked and ran away after I told her that I was her mother," frantically explained Rainbow Dash.

"Oh Rainbow Dash, I'm so sorry! Is there anything that I can do to help?" asked the usually timid pegasus. Not waiting for a response, she continued, "I could send a few of my animals into the woods surrounding my cottage to see if they can find her trail."

"Fluttershy, you have no idea how much that would help," said Rainbow Dash thankfully, "I've got to keep looking for her. Thank you!!!"

And with her final thanks, Rainbow Dash took to the skies once more to keep looking for her lost daughter. After hours of searching and not finding hide nor hair of Scootaloo in town, even with the help of her friends, Rainbow Dash sat in front of Twilight's castle as the sun slowly sank on the horizon. Her friends and Skeeter were doing their best (and failing) to comfort the weeping pegasus, that is, until a little white rabbit appeared.

After listening to the rabbit for a moment, Fluttershy spoke up, "Rainbow Dash, Angel says that one of his cousins saw an orange pegasus enter the Everfree Forest about three hours ago. Then one of his sisters saw her on her scooter in the Everfre-"

Before Fluttershy could even finish her sentence, Rainbow Dash was heading towards the Everfree Forest. Twilight slowly shook her head, "I really hope she finds Scootaloo, I truly do."

Scootaloo, after several hours of contemplation, found herself lost. Lost in the Everfree. Well that's just great. Instead of heading towards another town, I "had" to come into this stupid forest and get myself lost, thought Scootaloo to herself as she slowly trudged along in the pre-dusk. Seeing a random hill ahead of her, she quickened her pace up, not wanting to be surrounded by the menacing woods in the dark. I wish I had never left. I miss my friends, I miss my home, I-I miss my mother, she thought to herself as she sadly sat on the hill.

A sudden, strong wind rustled her mane, as if something had landed behind her in the dark. Scootaloo immediately stiffened, ready to move at the slightest sound.

"Scootaloo," said a very familiar pony on the verge of tears, "I found you, I finally found you."

"Rainbow Dash, I-"

"Sh, there's no need to apologize," said Rainbow Dash as she settled down next to her daughter.

"But I-I'm sooo sorry!" Scootaloo wailed into her mothers chest.

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that I kept your parentage a secret from you," said Rainbow Dash as tears trickled down her face. "Can you ever forgive me?"

"Yes, I forgive you," Scootaloo said a she sniffled.

The quit night was peaceful, the crickets were quiet, and the moon shone brightly. The mother and daughter sat on the hill enjoying the silence and snuggling together.

"Scootaloo," said Rainbow Dash quietly breaking the silence. "I love you."

Scootaloo looked at the mare that had been her "sister", her protector, her idol and finally, answered.

"I love you too, I love My Mother."

Author's Note:

Whew, I never thought I would finish this story.
I feel so bad for drawing it out so long. :twilight blush:
I hope ya'll enjoyed it!!!

Comments ( 15 )

aww i love this story and can you make a sequel thats about mother and daughter new life together with a lot of chapters for it

7899892
I can always try. I can't promise anything because I get easily distracted. It took a lot of will for me to finish this one. So many ideas at once. I'll see if I can think up a new story, though I can't determine its length yet.

7899898 ok and make sure to mark this story as complete or is there one more chapter?

7899903
Oops, thanks for the reminder!

7899920
Thanks!
I'm loving your avatar. :heart:

7899922 You are welcome, and thanks :ajsmug:

May God go with you :pinkiehappy::raritystarry::ajsmug::twilightsmile::rainbowdetermined2::yay:

7899892
Whelp, I've already thought of a sequel. *Mutters, "can't seem to stop thinking about it now..."
I'm not sure if I should wait to publish it until it's finished or work on it as I go.

Good ending, and I agree needs a sequel.

A bit rushed, and has typos here and there...
But I'm a sucker for ScootaDash stories of any kind that have a happy ending.

10748263
I could just be paranoid 😅

Login or register to comment