• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 2,938 Views, 84 Comments

My Mother - MailleMaker



A sad/happy story of how Scootaloo finds her mom.

  • ...
6
 84
 2,938

This Can't Be Happening

"Scootaloo, I'm your mother."

The orange filly just stared at Rainbow Dash before standing up and walking out of the room.

"Well," said Rainbow Dash shakily, "she took that better-"

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"Or not."

"Rainbow Dash, you did the best that you could, you told her the truth and that's all that matters," said Skeeter comfortingly.

"No! It's not okay! Scootaloo is MY DAUGHTER! I don't want her to hate me; I knew that she wouldn't take it too well, but I never expected that reaction out of her!" yelled Rainbow Dash before she broke down crying.

Skeeter just looked at Rainbow Dash aghast.

"Uh, you didn't tell her that I was her dad yet, maybe you should try," suggested Skeeter. "Even if she doesn't accept it, at least she'll know the entire truth."

Unbeknownst to the arguing pair, Scootaloo had overheard everything that they had said.

So, Rainbow Dash is my mom and Skeeter is my dad. I can't believe Rainbow Dash would hide something like this for so long. I thought she was going to legally make me her sister, not tell me I was her daughter last minute, thought Scootaloo to herself. She quickly trotted up the stairs to her "bedroom" and packed all of the things into her saddlebags before strapping them on. If Rainbow Dash kept that secret from me for so long, who knows what other secrets she has kept from me. I don't think that I can do this anymore. She quietly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen before grabbing a few apples and stuffing them into her saddlebags. She then proceeded to walk out the back door and jump off the grounds of Rainbow Dash's home, and, using her wings to stabilize her, glided to the ground. Thank goodness my scooter is here, I can totally use this, thought Scootaloo as she trotted towards it. Before long, she was on her way out of town; to where, she had no idea.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash had finally stopped sobbing and had calmed down enough to talk civilly. "So, you think I should tell Scootaloo about you as well?" she asked Skeeter.

"I guess, that's the only thing I can think of right now," he said with a shrug.

"So you're just guessing what we should do?! Do you even care about Scootaloo? She is your daughter too remember. I let you name her," said Rainbow Dash frustratedly.

"I'll go upstairs and tell her on my own if you don't want to," suggested Skeeter.

"Fine, do that," Rainbow said, crossing her forelegs.

Skeeter just glanced at Rainbow before standing up and making his way upstairs.

"Uh Rainbow, she's not up here!" yelled Skeeter.

"What!" screeched Rainbow Dash before galloping up the stairs and into Scootaloo's vacant room. "Where could she have gone? She's just a little filly,'' said Rainbow Dash, sinking to her haunches.

"I, uh, don't know," said Skeeter, actually starting to worry about Scootaloo.

"Well," said Rainbow Dash as she stood up, "I'm going to tell my friends that she is gone and hopefully they'll help me look for her. In the meantime, you're going to start looking for her yourself."

With this declaration, Rainbow Dash was gone in a whirlwind of colors and was soon at Twilight's castle. Without knocking, she burst through the doors and yelled, "Twilight!"

"Rainbow Dash! Just a minute," yelled Twilight from some room in the castle, either her bedroom or her library or maybe her living room.

Rainbow Dash nervously bounced on her hooves in the throne room waiting for Twilight, and, as soon as she saw her, beelined to grab the princess; but, in the nick of time, Rainbow stopped and stared at her friend. Twilight was covered in a sheen of sweat and was covered in a slightly musky odor. Not to mention the disarray that her mane and coat were in.

"Uh, Twilight, I didn't interrupt anything did I?" asked Rainbow Dash, gazing at something on the ceiling awkwardly.

"No, you're fine," panted Twilight, "I was just-"

"Nope, I don't want to know," said Rainbow, interrupting Twilight.

"Rainbow, I was just organizing some old books I got from the princesses old castle," said Twilight, confused at Rainbow Dash's behavior. "I forgot that they smelled so bad. Organizing them, even with magic, is quite a task."

"Oh," chuckled Rainbow nervously. "Oh! Scootaloo ran away, I need every ponies help to find her. Skeeter is already looking, but the more ponies looking, the better chances we have of finding her. Will you please help me Twilight?"

"Oh Rainbow Dash, that's terrible! I'll go get the others and you go ahead and start looking," said Twilight.

"Thank you so much Twilight!" yelled Rainbow Dash who was already half way out of the castle.

I really hope she finds Scootaloo, thought Twilight. Within a few minutes, she was on her way to find everpony else and alert them of the situation.

On the outskirts of town, Scootaloo was conflicted, should she go into the Everfree Forest, or travel the road to who knows where. If I go into the Everfree, there's less chance of anypony finding me; if I travel the road to who knows where, there's a higher chance that I may be found, thought Scootaloo as she weighed the pros and cons of entering the Everfree. With a small little shake of her head, she turned her scooter towards the dark forest and entered into the woods. Immediately, the woods seemed dark and menacing. There's nothing here, there's nothing following me, Scootaloo tried to convince herself as she scooted down the trail. There's nothing here, there's nothing following me, repeated Scootaloo over and over. A sudden CRUNCH of a twig behind her caused her to squeal before scooting as fast as she could away from the sound. As she did her best to outscoot whatever was behind her, she failed to notice the root sticking out in her trail and, before she could stop herself, was flying head over heels. The last thing she remembered was a striped hoof lifting her up before she blacked out.